Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@JolietJake I agree. The video footage from the storage unit is absolutely chilling now. I see the actions of LVD and CD in those clips as being completely complicit in the murder of Tylee and JJ. With absolute lack of conscience.

I am interested in the first attorney LVD and CD had...even with attorney-client privilege, is there any way that he could be called as a witness for the prosecution? With information about the dates that he was hired by CD and LVD?
No, its a violation of the ABA Rules of Professional Conduct. Rule 1. 6 states:

A. A lawyer shall not reveal information relating to the representation of a client unless:
The client gives informed consent,
The disclosure is impliedly authorized in order to carry out the representation, OR
The disclosure is permitted by paragraph (b).​

B. A lawyer may reveal information relating to the representation of a client to the extent the lawyer reasonably believes necessary:
1. To prevent reasonably certain death or substantial bodily harm;
2. To prevent the client from committing a crime or fraud that is reasonably certain to result in substantial injury to the financial interests or property of another and in furtherance of which the client has used or is using the lawyer's services;
3. To prevent, mitigate or rectify substantial injury to the financial interests or property of another that is reasonably certain to result or has resulted from the client's commission of a crime or fraud in furtherance of which the client has used the lawyer's services;
4. To secure legal advice about the lawyer's compliance with these rules;
5. To establish a claim or defense on behalf of the lawyer in a controversy between the lawyer and the client, to establish a defense to a criminal charge or civil claim against the lawyer based upon conduct in which the client was involved, or to respond to allegations in any proceeding concerning the lawyer's representation of the client;
6. To comply with other law or a court order; OR
7. To detect and resolve conflicts of interest arising from the lawyer's change of employment or from changes in the composition or ownership of a firm, but only if the revealed information would not compromise the attorney-client privilege or otherwise prejudice the client.​

if a lawyer breaks client confidentiality they can be sanctioned or disbarred or sued in civil court by their client

I can't see a jury believing AxC would have been on a rampage and kill LV's children without both being involved. Prosecution will show a jury that LV didn't show up court to produce her children, was tracked down and extradited but wouldn't say a word about the welfare of the kids. It will be shown that she had a weird bond with AxC, got involved in CD's doomsday cult, had numerous burner phones, they lied to police, lied to friends and family, and a jury sill see that LV was never distraught about her kids being missing. They were both tight lipped when they ran off to Hawaii and were found with possession of her kids' iPads and birth certificates. LV was constantly moving, gave back JJ's dog and later dis-enrolled him at school, stored the kids' memorabilia in a locker, believed in killing zombies and then the kid's were found dead and buried in CD's back yard,. Whew!!!! This is just a partial list that can go on and on and a jury can't find any of this as normal.

Hopefully, circumstances of both CV's and TD's murders and insurance proceeds can be shown as motive and that thier deaths can be tied to this case. If that's allowed, prosecution could bring up the fact that LV purchased wedding rings and a dress weeks prior to TD death. With the FBI involved along with the technology they have, I'm confident that there is plenty of digital and physical evidence that is being held back or is still being investigated.

It's been said several times that if this hadn't evolved into such a high-profile case and with just the evidence that we do know about, a jury could easily convict them both right now. With time on their hands, prosecution is simply making sure they get things right. The evidence and timelines can easily show premeditation and with the grisly way the kids were found, the two of them will stay behind bars for life or even possibly get the DP.

That wedding ring and dress is damning. It speaks to premeditation in a big way. Jmo

That wedding ring and dress is damning. It speaks to premeditation in a big way. Jmo

As does the fact that they secured an attorney prior to fleeing the state of Idaho. That smacks of evasion to me. I am interested if LVD tried to obtain a passport, and if CD had one.

LVD and CD seemed to act like children who were finally free. I think CV and TD were probably in charge of money. Especially after LVD stole money from CV. He really should have charged her with theft, and desertion of children then.

As does the fact that they secured an attorney prior to fleeing the state of Idaho. That smacks of evasion to me. I am interested if LVD tried to obtain a passport, and if CD had one.

LVD and CD seemed to act like children who were finally free. I think CV and TD were probably in charge of money. Especially after LVD stole money from CV. He really should have charged her with theft, and desertion of children then.

BBM

Agree with you completely, but what agency would accept his complaint & files charges against Teflon-seeming Lori?

She charmed/hoodwinked Gilbert PD...a couple times.

Grrrr.

JMHO YMMV LRR

I don't know if this is how every law firm does it, but at the criminal defense firm, I worked at, for big trial cases my boss charged a flat fee to cover all the work of the trial rather then hourly billing. We didn't have any homicide cases while I was there, but we did have a big case involving a step-dad being accused of child sexual contact and I know the fee was around $150,000 for everything. This is a much bigger case and the DP is on the table so I assume its a much higher fee, but I can't say for sure.

The most important focus would be the current charges, but I believe because the future charges seem so certain the attorneys very likely have a strategy for when they hit or at least they should. Its likely they have a plan for both scenarios. By this point, they should have met with their clients on multiple occasions and hammered out all of the details of what happened so they should be very aware/prepared for what charges are likely and how to proceed in the event new charges come. I would guess because the lawyers know its a possibility theyve probably at least consulted with attorneys DP experience.

The biggest potential hiccups I foresee, from the defense perspective, will come from getting the results of all the forensic tests back. If the evidence contradicts their current defense or perhaps they find from the results their client hasn't shared the whole truth then theyd have to rethink their stragerty
If Means is charging an hourly rate, even at a discount there’s no way Lori could afford it unless she has a wealthy supporter we don’t know about.

As evidenced by his typo-ridden “under the bus” website, Means doesn’t work for a large firm that’s giving him a stipend while he handles this high-profile case. Maybe he took a flat fee banking on a book deal, fame and fortune when it’s all over. Or (horrors!) maybe he believes he’s one of the 144,000, LV is a Goddess and he alone is paving the way for the second coming.

Surely LV’s money will run out soon. What is Means planning to live on? Is he representing other clients while camping out at the woman’s prison hours away from his home and office? Does he have a trust fund? A wife who’s supporting him? She’d have to be an unusually understanding woman not to be really ticked that he’s gone so much. Or perhaps overjoyed to have him out of the house.

Means is such an odd choice for Lori’s defense. And he’s seemingly “all in”, Just one more weird element of one of the weirdest cases ever.

MOO

They are (dress/rings), and it does (premeditation). The prosecution would have to convince the jury that the first planned step to LV and CD's Utopia was to get the kids and TD out of the way. Using CD's zombie thing as the excuse, JJ's murder was meant to punish Kay Woodcock since LV was snubbed from the insurance proceeds via CV's death. To make this work TR, another CD created zombie, had to be eliminated first since she cared for JJ. The third step was to eliminate TD and with the insurance proceeds from her death, CD and LV would live happily ever after.... or at least to July 22, anyway. BTW, for his part, AxC would have been taken care financially and/or convinced that he would be invited as part of the 144,000 chosen ones.

Besides showing motive for LV, it would also easily prove that CD was involved if TD's autopsy would show murder as her cause of death. LV had no other reason to buy rings and the dress weeks prior to TD's demise so it had to be a planned murder. This evidence would then have to be allowed as motive in the case of the kids rather than only being allowed in a separate case for TD.

As a speculative side note that will never come to be, what if the perps had not been caught or the kids never found? What would have become of CD if the world still turned and once the money ran out, given LV's track record with husbands? Since CD's publishing business wasn't very successful and he could only make so much by speaking and doing podcasts for a very limited audience, would LV have insisted that CD take out a large insurance policy? Makes me kinda wonder.

If Means is charging an hourly rate, even at a discount there’s no way Lori could afford it unless she has a wealthy supporter we don’t know about.

As evidenced by his typo-ridden “under the bus” website, Means doesn’t work for a large firm that’s giving him a stipend while he handles this high-profile case. Maybe he took a flat fee banking on a book deal, fame and fortune when it’s all over. Or (horrors!) maybe he believes he’s one of the 144,000, LV is a Goddess and he alone is paving the way for the second coming.

Surely LV’s money will run out soon. What is Means planning to live on? Is he representing other clients while camping out at the woman’s prison hours away from his home and office? Does he have a trust fund? A wife who’s supporting him? She’d have to be an unusually understanding woman not to be really ticked that he’s gone so much. Or perhaps overjoyed to have him out of the house.

Means is such an odd choice for Lori’s defense. And he’s seemingly “all in”, Just one more weird element of one of the weirdest cases ever.

MOO
AFAIK MM isn't Mormon. IMO he was the cheapest option. I'm not sure that Chad isn't paying him still. Lori probably has no income or savings.

Thanks! I'm glad someone takes the time to save these things. It certainly helps!

This comment by DW really makes me curious. I wonder how much JJ weighed? I suppose if he'd swung on a cabinet door, he could have sprung the hinges, but I'm not sure what other "damage" DW was insinuating was missing. Was he looking for a broken picture of Jesus? Did he think something on the countertop should be amiss?

I feel as though Lori was lying, too, but I'm just not sure how DW made that determination by not finding a "scuff." For me, I think it would be more Lori's tone of voice or whether she was acting odd when she said it.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure I trust DW. I've listened to and read some of his stuff, and if you ask me, he's every bit as odd as LV and CD. JMOO, of course.

I agree with you about DW, given his history, but I feel it would have been quite natural top look up the cabinets and sense if anything was amiss... I felt it was his personal opinion that nothing had happened up there.

It certainly seems so! Would the prosecution be able to build that case, though? CD said his plan couldn’t go forward as long as TD was still alive; hearsay, but devastating. Did either he or LV similarly claim that the children would have to die before they could get married? The dress and ring technically only suggest a premeditated wedding.

It certainly seems so! Would the prosecution be able to build that case, though? CD said his plan couldn’t go forward as long as TD was still alive; hearsay, but devastating. Did either he or LV similarly claim that the children would have to die before they could get married? The dress and ring technically only suggest a premeditated wedding.
Lori told MG that JJ was in the way of her and Chad's mission, but she didn't mention killing him. She was going to send him to Kay.

MOO

For the life of me, I cannot imagine that any money is left from Tammy's insurance, let alone Lori's insolvency.

If CD is going to throw LVD under the bus he could use the dress/rings purchase by LVD as ammunition. He could claim he had no knowledge she was going to do it & that it is evidence that she, and she alone, had a plan. He foretold TD’s death which is very hinky but he will just claim he had a vision that came true.

. As a speculative side note that will never come to be, what if the perps had not been caught or the kids never found? What would have become of CD if the world still turned and once the money ran out, given LV's track record with husbands? Since CD's publishing business wasn't very successful and he could only make so much by speaking and doing podcasts for a very limited audience, would LV have insisted that CD take out a large insurance policy? Makes me kinda wonder.
I think as long as some people supported Chad as a prophet, the Daybell's would have had money, people would have given it. IMO, if the police hadn't showed up asking questions about JJ, they would have stayed in the region and gathered CD's followers more closely to prepare for the end of times (and to fund their lifestyle). My opinion is that Chad was not just in this to get the girl, he had bigger aspirations to be a religious leader and they were both convinced the end was nigh.

However, even if they had postponed doomsday, IMO they and their followers would have continued to face 'problems', like they did with BB, and IP's ex-wife. The Daybell's were just too vulnerable to rumours about the deaths of their ex-spouses, even if no one realized there were missing children.

Lori told MG that JJ was in the way of her and Chad's mission, but she didn't mention killing him. She was going to send him to Kay.

That is also the only reference I can find and while it sounds unsavory, it isn’t an admission of a plan to murder the poor child. I think we are reading too much into too little in our quest for murder charges against LV and CD. I hope LE and the prosecution have — or soon will have — more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14