Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #45

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was stated in IP's text to his Ex-wife NP that MP was told her 2 middle children are dead.
I don't blame NP or BB for hiding with their kids... far, far away from these their exes.

Wonder when this changed, as in the email CD sent to LVD on 10/30/18 all MBP's kids were listed as light.

Does anyone know what the potential sentencing guidelines are for the new charges? I couldn't figure out the State of Idaho statutes website. Conspiracy to Conceal evidence is a felony though.

TITLE 18
CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS
CHAPTER 26
EVIDENCE FALSIFIED OR CONCEALED AND WITNESSES INTIMIDATED OR BRIBED
18-2603. DESTRUCTION, ALTERATION OR CONCEALMENT OF EVIDENCE. Every person who, knowing that any book, paper, record, instrument in writing, or other object, matter or thing, is about to be produced, used or discovered as evidence upon any trial, proceeding, inquiry, or investigation whatever, authorized by law, wilfully destroys, alters or conceals the same, with intent thereby to prevent it from being produced, used or discovered, is guilty of a misdemeanor, unless the trial, proceeding, inquiry or investigation is criminal in nature and involves a felony offense, in which case said person is guilty of a felony and subject to a maximum fine of ten thousand dollars ($10,000) and a maximum sentence of five (5) years in prison.
History:
[18-2603, added 1972, ch. 336, sec. 1, p. 898; am. 1983, ch. 250, sec. 1, p. 671; am. 1990, ch. 309, sec. 1, p. 849.]

I can't help think about how MBP's bio dad SC must be feeling now. He has lived with the horror of the Cox family all these years. It seems he did everything he could to give MBP a stable, emotionally healthy childhood but when MBP was old enough, she contacted them. And here we are now. Everything he feared about their influence has turned out to be true. JMO. If he wasn't heartsick about what his daughter's involvement in all this is, I am sure he is feeling, "See, I told you so." JMO
And I fear the generational pattern could continue in the future. SC and BB are having a de ja vu moment with StaceyC and now MBP. I pray in 10-15 years when BB’s children are older, they don’t go seeking their mother/her side of the family and we have Part 3: The Third Generation Crazies repeat themselves yet again. :’(

Last edited:
I've been super busy and distracted by life, just lurking lately...but I wanted to take a moment to write out some thoughts about Chad's arrest and Lori's new charges. What follows is IMO.

The information in the probable cause statement for Chad's property was interesting to me not for what it said, but what it did not. Everything was about AC's phone pings...so why was Chad arrested? Sometimes, it's more about what information is not provided. Now, with Lori's new charges, it's clear to me: they can place both Chad and Lori at the scene of the killings or the burials.

In the security world, when trying to determine if an internal (employee) threat was legitimate, versus plain old ignorance...I looked at behavior. When reading the AC pings, it's easy to say...so what? How do we know it was him? That's a valid question, no doubt. Behavior is an indicator of that - if someone stole AC's phone, they're going to behave like themselves, not him. That could be the sites he checked, what apps he used...and where he regularly went.

I have often mentioned in my comments that people are creatures of habit. They do what is comfortable and comes naturally to them, and when they deviate from their normal routine, it can be very obvious in their digital footprints. When looking at where the phone pinged, eventually a pattern would emerge, and then you can see the outlying behavior, like going to Chad's property, or Lori's at an unusual time.

As for today's search, my presumption is they were either told where to find items, or additional digital evidence (like a text or email conversation) was uncovered which led them there. Either way, they got a warrant, which means they had to convince a judge of what they were going to find.

For what it is worth, I believe that more arrests are probably in the future, and definitely additional charges.

@securitynerd very interesting. Here in Montana they convicted a man of murder, without the body, based solely on the fact that the day the victim was missing, was the only day the perpetrator had not used his cell phone in 24 hours, even to check email. He had not ever not checked his mail, or had been without his phone for over 6 hours in over 3 years.

Apparently, he thought that he could be tracked by his cellphone, so he turned it off, and left it at home. That is what convicted him. The absence of his cell phone.

Perhaps the reason some parts of the investigation were earlier sealed is because of these snippets about witnesses' children/spouses/ex spouses etc being called dark or zombies. I can see where such comments would be taken as a possible threat to their safety, or an intimidation tactic. Even if the comments were relayed earlier in the timeline, LE (and the courts) might still view such info seriously.

The new Lori Vallow charges are "Conspiracy to commit destruction, alteration, or concealment of evidence" along with Chad Daybell and Alex Cox listed as co-conspirators.

Very interesting. This leaves them open to go further with more serious charges if more evidence uncovered over time.
It also means that on the extremely remote chance (according to the attorneys on here) that the fact that the kids were killed means she can't be held for the original lack of support charge, at least now she can still be held even if the old charges are dropped. Seems like a wise move even if there was previously very little risk.

Wonder when this changed, as in the email CD sent to LVD on 10/30/18 all MBP's kids were listed as light.
My guess would be some time after the failed murder attempt on Brandon. IP texted his ex-wife NP on Dec 8:

"She's scared and had been told that her two middle children are dead."

Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix

You can guess where all zombie declarations were coming from.

According to the Court TV broadcast, it sounds like her current charges will be unnecessary with these new charges filed. It's just a start before the real charges are filed. I wonder if LV's family lawyer, Mr. Means, may have to be looking for new clients to represent. If so, I'm going to miss the guy..... sarcasm applied.

Let's just hope that Alan Dershowitz isn't bored and looking for a new cause.

Does anyone know what the potential sentencing guidelines are for the new charges? I couldn't figure out the State of Idaho statutes website. Conspiracy to Conceal evidence is a felony though.
In idaho conspiracy to do X carries the same penalty as doing X. So that means the new charges carry 5 years.

Noted where? Can you link it? I recall CD telling JR about Tammy being jealous (from a JR interview), at some point before she died, and I recall a coworker saying she was upset either the day of, or day before her death (through EIN). I don't recall anything about CD telling LVD anything about the day of TD's death.
You are correct, I meant JR. Though I do seem to remember something about LVD mentioning that CD said the same to her. Let me see if I can find it - it might have been MG who mentioned it. Might take a bit to find it again.
It was MG who said this in the last Dateline interview (see 30:50 mark)

How many people is Chad sealed to? I've seen some people claiming that others in this group are also "sealed" to Chad.

You can only be "sealed" to parents, children, and spouses. Because Chad was "sealed" to his first wife, Tammy, he could be "sealed", for time and eternity to his 2nd wife, Lori.

Now, this is where it gets into the "weeds" of LDS doctrine, for a further discussion about if CV and LVD were "sealed", then LVD could NOT be "sealed" for time and eternity to CD. Will not continue with this, as it can be easily found on websites devoted to LDS religion.

It seems like one or both of Melani’s children in danger, must be at least one of the two kids flanking JJ in that backseat SUV picture Melani used in her ‘tribute’ to Tylee and JJ??!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018