Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Charles Vallow, 62, Oct 2019 *Arrests* #63

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if Lori told the LDS attorney that she didn't want Means or her other attorney to know she was looking for a different defense attorney, so he had no choice but to let Woods know.

This action by the therapist is puzzling to me, and almost seems to be an ethics issue. Therapy is usually separate from legal issues.

If LVD had inquired about other attorneys, and requested to use the phone, that is one thing. But when the therapist actually directed LVD to do this action, even as "homework", it seems very sketchy to me. And could almost be construed as manipulating a "vulnerable" patient. If we go with the premise that LVD is incompetent.

This was a misstep, INMO.
I agree. It just doesn't sound like the kind of therapy exercise that a therapist would/should ever do. Giving legal advice isn't their business.

https://www.fox13now.com/news/local-news/hospital-employee-accused-of-manipulating-lori-vallow-case
BLACKFOOT, Idaho — A clinician who worked with Lori Vallow during her current stay at the Idaho State Hospital is accused of manipulating the case against the accused murderer.

A motion filed by Vallow's attorney Mark Means claims the clinician, identified as "N.C.," instructed Vallow to seek legal advice from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

According to the motion, "N.C." obtained a Church phone number for Vallow, who then called the number and spoke to a receptionist. Vallow was then forwarded to Daniel McConkie, an attorney with the Church's law firm, Kirton McConkie.

The motion claims McConkie is not licensed to practice law in Idaho, rendering it impossible to offer Vallow representation in a criminal matter in the state. McConkie allegedly never told Vallow that their conversation would not be protected by attorney-client privilege.

After speaking with Vallow, McConkie then contacted Rob Wood, the prosecutor in the case against Vallow and Daybell. Means is accusing McConkie of ethical violations, saying "[Vallow] made Brady violation disclosures under the guise that the Church was her friend."

Maybe, a good probably, LV AsKeD for the phone number….or she already knew it. This will be. She did….she said…issue. MOO

Again…..if LV is incompetent how can MM even believe LV? She is suppose to be unable to understand and help her lawyers?!

Is MM allowed to see LV and talk ‘business’ while she is under treatment?

That would certainly explain alot of Alex's devotion to Lori and her hold over him.
The other explanation was Chad's designation of Alex as Lori's protector. Chad told him that he had been a guardian angel in a previous life and that he had the same role in the present one.

Last edited:
BBM:

Statement from Kirton McConkie law firm issued by Robert Walker, president of the firm. McConkie says he contacted Lori Vallow’s counsel and the prosecutor in her case (Rob Wood) after unsolicited call.

https://twitter.com/jlumfox10/status/1453881519907373061

FC05h4-VQAAkmF6

He probably meant the other lawyer, not MM.

The other explanation was Chad's designation of Alex as Lori's protector. Chad told him that he had been a guardian angel in a previous life and that he the same role in the present one.
To me, that sounds like a good cover for what was really going on, kinda like using Zombies as an excuse to murder people.

Linda Smith, an attorney and member of the Ethics Advisory Opinion Committee, said McConkie could face questions about ethical concerns due to a conflict of interest.

"Means has every right to ask for a copy of that recording," she continued.

More at: https://www.fox13now.com/news/local-news/hospital-employee-accused-of-manipulating-lori-vallow-case
To me it needs to be investigated to see if the employee really did that. We are taking the word of a known liar and manipulator as to whether or not it really happened.

BBM:

Statement from Kirton McConkie law firm issued by Robert Walker, president of the firm. McConkie says he contacted Lori Vallow’s counsel and the prosecutor in her case (Rob Wood) after unsolicited call.

FC05h4-VQAAkmF6

So MM was incorrect in his motion and LVD's attorney was notified, just not him. He's unbelievable--didn't even check with the other guy before drafting this mess.

BBM:

FC05h4-VQAAkmF6

The filings also showed RW called JA and not MM so would be my guess as well

I think JA's silence is telling. Just my take

The filings also showed RW called JA and not MM so would be my guess as well

I think JA's silence is telling. Just my take
Isn't Archibald the Lead attorney anyhow since he's the Death Penalty qualified one? That makes Means only 2nd chair- maybe he didn't have to be notified or maybe someone wants him off the case?

Isn't Archibald the Lead attorney anyhow since he's the Death Penalty qualified one? That makes Means only 2nd chair- maybe he didn't have to be notified or maybe someone wants him off the case?

My guess is that Rob Wood and McConkie both called Archibald and no one called MM. There isn't any need to. Notify the lead attorney and move on.

If McConkie said only what he claims to have in his tweet, how is that an ethics violation? He directed her to the appropriate resources and said he/his firm could not help her. I don’t see that as being problematic. Was he supposed to hang up on her?

This action by the therapist is puzzling to me, and almost seems to be an ethics issue. Therapy is usually separate from legal issues.

If LVD had inquired about other attorneys, and requested to use the phone, that is one thing. But when the therapist actually directed LVD to do this action, even as "homework", it seems very sketchy to me. And could almost be construed as manipulating a "vulnerable" patient. If we go with the premise that LVD is incompetent.

This was a misstep, INMO.

LV doesn't eve have to be incompetent for the clinician to be on very shaky ethical ground. It smacks of trying to influence someone inappropriately.

(ETA: clear up pronouns :p)

Last edited:
LV doesn't eve have to be incompetent for the clinician to be on very shaky ethical ground. It smacks of trying to influence someone inappropriately.

(ETA: clear up pronouns :p)

Possibly but right out of the gate, McConkie's released statement already doesn't align with what MM is stating happened. So, I'll reserve judgement until the facts are presented.

My sister is in/out of a behavioral health unit a lot and there is a wide range of personnel in regards to certifications, qualifications & professionalism involved in her treatment plan as well as her general day to day interactions. I'm not saying the alleged could not have or didn't happen. Just saying there seems to be some holes in the story. However, I do think that it needs addressing and full clarity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yappychappy