Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Sept & Oct 2019 *Arrests* #60

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's a crime that Zulema was offered immunity.
SBM. Who did she make a deal with? Only RW? In that case he has no jurisdiction in the Arizona case.

From dictionary.com:

Use immunity
a type of immunity guaranteeing that the testimony of the witness will not be used as evidence against him or her in court, although he or she can still be prosecuted on evidence of others.

So she can't self-incriminate while testifying but evidence discovered in other ways (e.g. her phone records or others' testimonies) can still be used against her?

Last edited:
A book about this entire situation, if written well, and factual, is going to be amazing.

And, this entire case, just keeps spiraling. I can't wait until we get to the part where both CD and LVD are on death row.
If anyone didn’t know about this case and read that book, they would think it was a wild made up story…sad to say this is real. It still blows my mind.

A book about this entire situation, if written well, and factual, is going to be amazing.

And, this entire case, just keeps spiraling. I can't wait until we get to the part where both CD and LVD are on death row.
I personally would like to see a ban on any books written about them, but of course that won't happen. But it would be delicious if their "fame" faded away into obscurity, and nobody cared.

I personally would like to see a ban on any books written about them, but of course that won't happen. But it would be delicious if their "fame" faded away into obscurity, and nobody cared.
Oh I so agree, this case has too many innocent victims and families of said victims. I can't imagine how they are even beginning to process it all.

Once CD and LVD are found guilty and sent to prison, I hope we never hear from them again. They can go out of prison in a pine box and that's being more hospitable than they deserve and kinder than what they've done to their victims.

MOO

Yeah, that redaction is a big fail, IMO.

People need to be taught that when they redact a criminal/legal document, they also need to redact anything that refers to a relationship.

Words like "mother", "spouse", "son", even "friend", are all suspect and identifiers.

I'm not a verified insider but I do live in Rexburg and the chatter around town is interesting. I don't think you'll like the book if you're not impressed by the author's tweets......MOO.

I think it's a crime that Zulema was offered immunity. I would not be surprised to learn she administered poison to Alex. What's with all these devoted "believers" who thought CD was something special?

All CD had to do was label someone as a "zombie," which meant an evil spirit had possessed their body and that their soul could only be freed if their physical body perished. CD had convinced his cult followers that by killing the body, they were actually doing the person's soul a big favor. What an elaborate cult con.

The man is truly the epitome of evil.
I feel certain Zulema gave Alex something that killed him. The medical examiner didn’t look for such things because blood clots=natural causes which seemed a natural conclusion. (I know I am NOT a medical examiner).

As soon as the medical examiner ruled natural causes, she got immunity. And iirc, wasn’t Alex cremated?

I read a well written book on the Scott Peterson case.

Since trials tend to leave out a lot of evidence, a well written book can be a great resource. I am ready to read it.
And as long as they are locked away and don’t benefit from it, I say bring it on.

Yep. When their only breaths of fresh air are for court appearances in other jurisdictions for more opportunities to be given the death sentence.

Just for the record, I am anti-death sentence. It’s too final, while evidence kinda isn’t. Please don’t all beat up on me.

SBM. Who did she make a deal with? Only RW? In that case he has no jurisdiction in the Arizona case.

From dictionary.com:

Use immunity
a type of immunity guaranteeing that the testimony of the witness will not be used as evidence against him or her in court, although he or she can still be prosecuted on evidence of others.

So she can't self-incriminate while testifying but evidence discovered in other ways (e.g. her phone records or others' testimonies) can still be used against her?
It looks like the immunity is in AZ - from the link below:
The “introductory conversation” was meant to be a brief opportunity for both parties to officially meet, said Shiflet’s attorney Garrett Smith.

“We had a similar one with my [other] client Zulema Pastenes [Alex Cox’s widow], but that had more to do with her use immunity agreement,” Smith told the court.

Judge Rules Prosecutor In Lori Vallow Case Can Continue Representing State

I'm sorry, but I have no idea what the immunity agreement is or what it relates to.

ETA it could be this attorney - https://www.avvo.com/attorneys/85201-az-garrett-smith-411587.html

I feel certain Zulema gave Alex something that killed him. The medical examiner didn’t look for such things because blood clots=natural causes which seemed a natural conclusion. (I know I am NOT a medical examiner).

As soon as the medical examiner ruled natural causes, she got immunity. And iirc, wasn’t Alex cremated?
Yes, Alex was cremated - and the second autopsy was only a review of the samples taken at the original autopsy. I guess we will never know on this one.

Yes, Alex was cremated - and the second autopsy was only a review of the samples taken at the original autopsy. I guess we will never know on this one.
Thank you. I wasn’t sure I was remembering this one. You have to wonder if the places, times, and people involved was intentional so as to incriminate everyone in their plans.
That doesn’t excuse anyone. When they willingly accepted the false narratives of their group, they became willing participants in the murders. IMO.

ETA: I’m starting to believe Lori always made Alex the “fall guy” for her evil plans. I can believe it was Lori who pushed Alex to kill her sister and Joe Ryan, though no charges have been brought. Lori pushed him to kill BB and TD, though his attempts failed. And it was Lori who wanted his participation in the deaths of JJ and Tylee, and she may have killed them herself for all we know.
BB must know how blessed he is to no longer be married to Mp or be a part of that family! God bless him for taking care of his children.

And to think, this was all about money!

Last edited:
Yeah, that redaction is a big fail, IMO.

People need to be taught that when they redact a criminal/legal document, they also need to redact anything that refers to a relationship.

Words like "mother", "spouse", "son", even "friend", are all suspect and identifiers.

Agreed, I'm surprised. I thought that was standard when it comes to redactions. I do a lot for work and that's pretty basic knowledge when it comes to suspects or victims involved in reports.

I'm not a verified insider but I do live in Rexburg and the chatter around town is interesting. I don't think you'll like the book if you're not impressed by the author's tweets......MOO.

Can you pm me a link to the author's Twitter please?

ETA: Nevermind, my brain was working in slow mo... I know who everyone "MEANS" now.

Last edited:
It looks like the immunity is in AZ - from the link below:
The “introductory conversation” was meant to be a brief opportunity for both parties to officially meet, said Shiflet’s attorney Garrett Smith.

“We had a similar one with my [other] client Zulema Pastenes [Alex Cox’s widow], but that had more to do with her use immunity agreement,” Smith told the court.

Judge Rules Prosecutor In Lori Vallow Case Can Continue Representing State

I'm sorry, but I have no idea what the immunity agreement is or what it relates to.

ETA it could be this attorney - https://www.avvo.com/attorneys/85201-az-garrett-smith-411587.html
But wasn't the introductory conversation with RW in both cases? ZP talked to RW and had use immunity, meaning that she will testify in the Idaho case. Arizona immunity would be with a different prosecutor. Why would the attorney even mention ZP in the same breath as SS in Idaho court if her deal wasn't with RW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse