Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know they were looking for bullet casings. Can you pls cite source quoting FBI as saying that?
Personally, I thought it was something they should do, don't you? Seeing the BB shooting was similar, a miss? Dismiss how many feet you think it was, it could have been 30 feet, we don't know. "Standing behind the car" doesn't mean he was touching it. Again, she says "He FIRED at me several times but it wasn't loaded". The proof they were looking for bullet casings, (not actual fired bullets) was when they were next to the driveway with metal detectors and rakes. That said, if they collected the bullet from BB's door frame, and casings at Tammy's, they couldn't get an exact match, but could certainly match caliber and quite possibly manufacturer. Would be interesting if they were .45 caliber. It's unknown if they collected the bullet from BB and compared to Charles' bullets but I would hope.

They went there and took a lot of things. Can you link MSM where they stated they were looking for bullet casings? I missed it. Otherwise, it's speculation. Jmo
For me... I'm going to say metal detectors in the area where the shells could have been spent (north end of garage door and behind where the car would have been parked).

Edit: Raking before and metal detectors at 4:40
Edit2: But no. I don't think we have been told what they were looking for. It also hasn't come up in conversations I've had with LE.

For me... I'm going to say metal detectors in the area where the shells could have been spent (north end of garage door and behind where the car would have been parked).

Edit: Raking before and metal detectors at 4:40
Edit2: But no. I don't think we have been told what they were looking for. It also hasn't come up in conversations I've had with LE.

Thanks. :)

That's my point. We've not been told what they were searching for. But lots of "it wasn't a paintball gun" stated as fact. I've also read somewhere a "small town librarian " wouldn't know the difference between a gun and a paintball gun. It's a bit offensive. Jmo

That's my point. We've not been told what they were searching for. But lots of "it wasn't a paintball gun" stated as fact. I've also read somewhere a "small town librarian " wouldn't know the difference between a gun and a paintball gun. It's a bit offensive. Jmo
I agree the generalization is offensive. But, yes, she might not have known the difference. It was dark and between 8:30 and 9:15 at night given the time the meeting would have ended and her son's post about looking for the perp for 45 minutes--posted at 10. I have other reasons, but LE is still actively investigating this incident in the case.

Edit: added "dark and". Sunset was 6:53 p.m. in Rexburg on Oct 9th

Huh? They are in the area where the "shooting" occurred, obviously looking for casings. Paintball guns dont use them, real guns do. I never inferred she didn't know the difference... she was ambushed by a guy wearing a mask who suddenly started firing at her. It's ok "if" she didn't get all the facts correct, who would? BTW, they didn't say "what" they were looking for or "what", if anything, they found. Loose lips sink ships.

I agree the generalization is offensive. But, yes, she might not have known the difference. It was dark and between 8:30 and 9:15 at night given the time the meeting would have ended and her son's post about looking for the perp for 45 minutes--posted at 10. I have other reasons, but LE is still actively investigating this incident in the case.

Edit: added "dark and". Sunset was 6:53 p.m. in Rexburg on Oct 9th

After LEA have apparently made so many missteps, (mostly in AZ), I am dumbfounded that anyone is offended by cops turning over every stone.

My only worry is a couple of Chad's kids that had access to the home this whole time are extremely tech savvy.

I have thought about this. We can't sleuth family members but covering up or erasing footprints from something they probably weren't aware of would be impossible. If you didn't know it existed how would you cover it up? Communication between Lori and Chad, websearches, etc... if they did wouldn't that make them accomplices?
I do not do Facebook but from comments on other forums and MSM articles defenders of the couple's character (Chad and Loris) have died down or are now non existent. Is there still an outcry of poor Chad and poor Lori, leave these lovebirds alone? Or are people seeing a mountain of very strange events add up as evidence that they can no longer defend? Even Tammy's father said they were waiting for autopsy reports, they knew nothing of missing children. I am assuming he meant they knew nothing about children being missing (until cases collided), not we don't know the whereabouts of missing children? But I could have assumed too much. Hoping locals can shed some light on the climate and attitudes of the communities.

same truck model is a coincidence. MOO.
MOO: Same truck make, model, year, color is a coincidence. Vehicle still at large used by POIs is a coincidence. Gender of two people involved is a coincidence. Location in relation to prior incidents is a coincidence. Location in relation to Phoenix International Airport is a coincidence. Both parties died, while our POIs haven't yet come forward is a coincidence. LE hushed about the identity is a coincidence. More coincidences? The initial response was to a vehicle bulglary, but they KNOW it was "domestic violence-related" and "homicide and attempted suicide". How do they know that? She's dead now, was he talking to officers? Was she also alive when police arrived? Tempe Police HQ is 2.4 miles, 7 minutes away. This is all very possible. Justin Lum. What more do you have?

Location based on eval of Lum's footage:
Google Maps

Yes, all this is MOO:
"Police say there is no threat to the public as all parties have been identified and no one is outstanding." Identified but not even release where from? Something like, 'A Tempe man and woman have been identified and families are being notified'. Don't we usually get something about the identity?

How can they KNOW no one else is possibly involved in a double-shooting?

Edit: Prove to me that the bulk of the investigation isn't from all the strange coincidences.

Edit2: Added "More coincidences...Justin Lum. What more do you have?" to first paragraph.

Last edited:
After LEA have apparently made so many missteps, (mostly in AZ), I am dumbfounded that anyone is offended by cops turning over every stone.

I'm not offended by LE. As I've pointed out, I've never been around a paintball gun in my life. If someone was pointing something at me, I would assume it was a gun. But a lot of posters here cannot fathom Tammy might know the difference between the two. Jmo

I have thought about this. We can't sleuth family members but covering up or erasing footprints from something they probably weren't aware of would be impossible. If you didn't know it existed how would you cover it up? Communication between Lori and Chad, websearches, etc... if they did wouldn't that make them accomplices?
I do not do Facebook but from comments on other forums and MSM articles defenders of the couple's character (Chad and Loris) have died down or are now non existent. Is there still an outcry of poor Chad and poor Lori, leave these lovebirds alone? Or are people seeing a mountain of very strange events add up as evidence that they can no longer defend? Even Tammy's father said they were waiting for autopsy reports, they knew nothing of missing children. I am assuming he meant they knew nothing about children being missing (until cases collided), not we don't know the whereabouts of missing children? But I could have assumed too much. Hoping locals can shed some light on the climate and attitudes of the communities.
Tammy's father might have meant he didn't even know that the children existed to begin with. Remember Lori was reportedly telling witnesses that her daughter died, and Chad told a witness Lori had no minor children.

I am sorry but I don't think that "it was a paintball gun" can be stated as a fact either (as some here do). Some paintball guns look so realistic even police can't tell them apart from real guns. Three was no offense whatsoever meant by "small town librarian," just that Tammy probably wasn't an expert on guns (and I've seen no evidence to suggest that she was). Not sure why calling her a "small town librarian" is offensive to begin with, considering she was living in a small town and was a librarian.

I'm not offended by LE. As I've pointed out, I've never been around a paintball gun in my life. If someone was pointing something at me, I would assume it was a gun. But a lot of posters here cannot fathom Tammy might know the difference between the two. Jmo
Oh, I never saw that, but rather, more people insisting it had to be a paintball gun and questioning why cops would bother looking for casings. As in "He was only 3 feet away, he couldn't possibly miss if shooting a real gun"...(wth?) Aren't you all in when the cops want to do a thorough job?

Oh, I never saw that, but rather, more people insisting it had to be a paintball gun and questioning why cops would bother looking for casings. As in "He was only 3 feet away, he couldn't possibly miss if shooting a real gun"...(wth?) Aren't you all in when the cops want to do a thorough job?

BBM. Why would I not be?

I am sorry but I don't think that "it was a paintball gun" can be stated as a fact either (as some here do). Some paintball guns look so realistic even police can't tell them apart from real guns. Three was no offense whatsoever meant by "small town librarian," just that Tammy probably wasn't an expert on guns (and I've seen no evidence to suggest that she was). Not sure why calling her a "small town librarian" is offensive to begin with, considering she was living in a small town and was a librarian.
If I might add, Tammy's FB post was in a private group and is still there. There's a question posed by a ward member (the following day) that asks how she knew it was a paintball and not airsoft. She replied, "It had the big scoop thing on top where you put the paintballs." This is also inconclusive because paintball hoppers can be low and horizontal above the barrel... similar to where a scope would be on a rifle.

There's plenty of evidence it could have been a rifle or paintball gun. Would I assume that someone had an actual rifle and misfired in an attempt to kill me? No, I can see how she assumed it was a prank with a paintball gun. LE would hopefully have asked about the sound the misfires made.

Edit: Added "(the following day)"

Tammy's father might have meant he didn't even know that the children existed to begin with. Remember Lori was reportedly telling witnesses that her daughter died, and Chad told a witness Lori had no minor children.

Yes, this is what I ment but did not convey it very well!

If the police learn that things were erased after Chad already left, other home residents could come under suspicion.
I think early on Chad's supporters were quick to vouch for his character without knowing any details. I didn't see people defending Lori that wasn't through Chad. At least one of their defenders (Chad's author friend) wanted to exploit media exposure for self promotion. IMO MSM is not interested in their stories if they don't provide useful information about the case.
I find it insteresting to observe who is not talking about the case.

If the police learn that things were erased after Chad already left, other home residents could come under suspicion.

I think early on Chad's supporters were quick to vouch for his character without knowing any details. I didn't see people defending Lori that wasn't through Chad. At least one of their defenders (Chad's author friend) wanted to exploit media exposure for self promotion. IMO MSM is not interested in their stories if they don't provide useful information about the case.
I find it insteresting to observe who is not talking about the case.

Speaking of who is not talking, Colby seems to have gotten real quiet. Has anyone else noticed that? Jmo

If I might add, Tammy's FB post was in a private group and is still there. There's a question posed by a ward member (the following day) that asks how she knew it was a paintball and not airsoft. She replied, "It had the big scoop thing on top where you put the paintballs." This is also inconclusive because paintball hoppers can be low and horizontal above the barrel... similar to where a scope would be on a rifle.

There's plenty of evidence it could have been a rifle or paintball gun. Would I assume that someone had an actual rifle and misfired in an attempt to kill me? No, I can see how she assumed it was a prank with a paintball gun. LE would hopefully have asked about the sound the misfires made.

Edit: Added "(the following day)"

Yeah, I am very curious on this one. Not sure if it will be answered in the end, but I suspect many loose ends will come together eventually. I just hope the kids aren't forever missing like Susan Powell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove