Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Truly what was the end game for CD & LVD? Did they think about the consequences of lying to everyone, the children missing with no explanations, murders, mayhem & mystery? Were they so deluded with the end of the world they thought they would have nearly 9 months to frolic and gather the chosen for their own planetary omniscience? At what point did they step off reality into these grandiose delusions?
My heart aches for Tylee. There was no one to count on, because her very existence depended on towing the line for her mother. She provided most (if not all) care for JJ, she did not have the luxury of seeing family members in a more "normal setting" because of all the efforts Lori put in place to make sure her ex would never win against her. All regardless of Tyleee might want or aspire to. Lori told everyone her daughter was attending college, had her GED/diploma, and had moved out of the family home to go to school (a few blocks away) while being too young to be accepted into that school. Yet, Lori allows Tylee to drive from Texas to Idaho by herself at age 16 - who does that? Where did Tylee stay? (could not have driven the entire trip without rest) Tylee knew she had to never contradict her mother (especially in front of others), if she did they would have significant conflict (as was mentioned in some of the comments from friends). There would be hell to pay for Tylee if she didn't do exactly what Lori told her. Look at how vindictive Lori was to her ex-hubs, Tylee knew there was no dissent in the ranks - just tow the line in order to remain safe, alive, and be able to care for JJ. All JMO

ikr

Its incredible this case.

What boggles my mind too is the peripheal people lately that appeared to have at least some knowledge of what was going on and they were "ok with it".

I always thought most religious people in normal religions are kind people that would never want anyone harmed or worse.

I struggle with some of the others that have been in media interviews lately that seemed to have no issues or even care that people were being killed and disappearing all around them and they seemed to be perfectly fine with that. Even to this day, there is one particularly that felt more sorry for Chad and Lori than any of the other innocent victims in this mess. They hardly even mentioned the others.

JMO
There was a courtroom video of her and her lawyer when they were trying to get bail reduced to try to get her out. I got the impression she really thought she had a chance at that and it was interesting to watch her reactions as reality set in that her lawyer was not going to succeed in getting her out.

Then toward the end of that day in court, the judge started to talk about scheduling and that was also interesting to watch as the long future dates were mentioned.

I think it was probably the first time she realized she may be in there awhile.

Where are the kids Lori?
If you want to speed up things in your case, then just answer that simple question that has been asked of you by the courts. It will help speed up your case but of course depending on the answer you may not get out anyway but at least your case will progress quicker.

I really do think that everyone involved thought they were going to get away with this.

Who has so little regard for two children that they think they can disappear them and not one soul will care enough to go looking for them? And really, they weren't that far off -- look how many did not go looking for them. It's so so sad.

Oh I absolutely agree! I am not feeling sorry for her at all. But someone as self-centered and entitled as she is has got to be hating her life right now. I am glad as I think jail is a wonderful reminder for her of what she has done to so many people. I just want her to enjoy it forever.

BBM: as the kids would say, ‘sick burn’, lol.

Are you by any chance Southern? cuz that’s some passive-aggressive, fly under the radar ‘bless your heart’ equivalent, haha

JMO
There was a courtroom video of her and her lawyer when they were trying to get bail reduced to try to get her out. I got the impression she really thought she had a chance at that and it was interesting to watch her reactions as reality set in that her lawyer was not going to succeed in getting her out.

Then toward the end of that day in court, the judge started to talk about scheduling and that was also interesting to watch as the long future dates were mentioned.

I think it was probably the first time she realized she may be in there awhile.

Where are the kids Lori?
If you want to speed up things in your case, then just answer that simple question that has been asked of you by the courts. It will help speed up your case but of course depending on the answer you may not get out anyway but at least your case will progress quicker.

Hatfield...I am serious here...do you think Lori would try to represent herself? Or does she know it is way out of her scope?

Truly what was the end game for CD & LVD? Did they think about the consequences of lying to everyone, the children missing with no explanations, murders, mayhem & mystery? Were they so deluded with the end of the world they thought they would have nearly 9 months to frolic and gather the chosen for their own planetary omniscience? At what point did they step off reality into these grandiose delusions?
My heart aches for Tylee. There was no one to count on, because her very existence depended on towing the line for her mother. She provided most (if not all) care for JJ, she did not have the luxury of seeing family members in a more "normal setting" because of all the efforts Lori put in place to make sure her ex would never win against her. All regardless of Tyleee might want or aspire to. Lori told everyone her daughter was attending college, had her GED/diploma, and had moved out of the family home to go to school (a few blocks away) while being too young to be accepted into that school. Yet, Lori allows Tylee to drive from Texas to Idaho by herself at age 16 - who does that? Where did Tylee stay? (could not have driven the entire trip without rest) Tylee knew she had to never contradict her mother (especially in front of others), if she did they would have significant conflict (as was mentioned in some of the comments from friends). There would be hell to pay for Tylee if she didn't do exactly what Lori told her. Look at how vindictive Lori was to her ex-hubs, Tylee knew there was no dissent in the ranks - just tow the line in order to remain safe, alive, and be able to care for JJ. All JMO

Love this post, it is how I feel, too. I think about Tylee alot and how hard it must have been for her with Lori as her mother. All the chaos that Lori seem to thrive on, with nobody really that had Tylee's back (except maybe Colby for a bit but he was likely just someone who commiserated with her situation). It really breaks my heart and I just can't imagine how she felt when she died, I so hope she wasn't aware of who was behind it.

Love this post, it is how I feel, too. I think about Tylee alot and how hard it must have been for her with Lori as her mother. All the chaos that Lori seem to thrive on, with nobody really that had Tylee's back (except maybe Colby for a bit but he was likely just someone who commiserated with her situation). It really breaks my heart and I just can't imagine how she felt when she died, I so hope she wasn't aware of who was behind it.

I guarantee you that TR knew exactly what was going on with her mother. In cases of domestic violence for example, child witnesses usually don't even see the events going on (presumably because parents sent them to the other room) but they know every single detail. They are in a hypervigilant mode where all senses are acutely taking in information - take away one sense (ie: sight) and the others will kick into high gear (ie: hearing, vibration, smell, etc). The children will know who got hit, where they got hit, what they were hit with, how bad the damage was, if someone was seriously injured, and most important of all is if they themselves are safe in that very moment.

This is fight, flight, freeze, or faint that is an autonomic nervous response to fear for survival. As much as Lori might like her kids to not pay attention to what is going on, or pretend what really happened didn't happen - it is imbedded in the neural pathways of these kids brains when they experience trauma. Add to that the constant need for Tylee to check to see which story Lori is telling which person - her happiness (turns out her life) depends upon making sure she makes her Mama look good in front of each and every arena that Lori exposes her to.

I guarantee you that TR knew exactly what was going on with her mother. In cases of domestic violence for example, child witnesses usually don't even see the events going on (presumably because parents sent them to the other room) but they know every single detail. They are in a hypervigilant mode where all senses are acutely taking in information - take away one sense (ie: sight) and the others will kick into high gear (ie: hearing, vibration, smell, etc). The children will know who got hit, where they got hit, what they were hit with, how bad the damage was, if someone was seriously injured, and most important of all is if they themselves are safe in that very moment.

This is fight, flight, freeze, or faint that is an autonomic nervous response to fear for survival. As much as Lori might like her kids to not pay attention to what is going on, or pretend what really happened didn't happen - it is imbedded in the neural pathways of these kids brains when they experience trauma. Add to that the constant need for Tylee to check to see which story Lori is telling which person - her happiness (turns out her life) depends upon making sure she makes her Mama look good in front of each and every arena that Lori exposes her to.
I can't like your post, though it is accurate and well-written. I hate that the most vulnerable part of our society, who have no way to defend themselves, are subject to what you describe :(

I hope Colby finds a way to reconcile his childhood and heal. Tylee & JJ will never have that opportunity. That's what really made me mad in those interviews with Janis & Summer, good Mom my arse! I hope they feel awful one day for defending her.

I can't like your post, though it is accurate and well-written. I hate that the most vulnerable part of our society, who have no way to defend themselves, are subject to what you describe :(

I hope Colby finds a way to reconcile his childhood and heal. Tylee & JJ will never have that opportunity. That's what really made me mad in those interviews with Janis & Summer, good Mom my arse! I hope they feel awful one day for defending her.

That' ok Knox ((((hugs)))) and thank you for your kind words. I agree that it is a horrible and tragic outlook for many children but it truly is a reality for many kids growing up with parents who have difficulty with emotional regulation or personality disorders.

Why yes ma'am I am! NC born now living deeper south in Alabama!

hee hee... when I was a kid my family and I spent some time living in Waynesboro, VA ‘before it had a traffic spotlight’, as my mother is fond of saying. I think they’re seriously looking at retirement in NC; whenever that time is.

I guarantee you that TR knew exactly what was going on with her mother.

I agree with you, unfortunately. I just meant that I hope when the end was coming that it was not known to her and that it was not her mother who committed that final act of taking her life, although if it was AC I am sure she was able to figure it out in a split second. Ugh, it makes me shudder thinking what that poor girl went through.

I feel badly for JJ, too, don't get me wrong. Neither one of these kids deserved this and I pray they are at peace now.

OMG! I sure hope Lori reads this, must be nice to know she isn't the first Chad used that "met in a former life" line on.

“Tammy, she was a sweetheart. I think she was the heart of the business. She just really was good at it and really kind and really genuine,” Freeman says. “He would tell me she was his soulmate, and he knew her in the pre-existence, and when he met her, they knew each other. I was impressed by that. I thought, ‘Wow. They have a really sweet relationship, and that’s really tender.’ I was impressed by him, how humble he was, and how he felt about his wife."

The main take-away from Suzanne's article is............ Chad is a total fraud. He wrote his "autobiography in 2017. Suzanne came to him in 2014/15.... And then he moved to Rexburg.
This guy is a total looser turned fraud.

I agree with you, unfortunately. I just meant that I hope when the end was coming that it was not known to her and that it was not her mother who committed that final act of taking her life, although if it was AC I am sure she was able to figure it out in a split second. Ugh, it makes me shudder thinking what that poor girl went through.

I feel badly for JJ, too, don't get me wrong. Neither one of these kids deserved this and I pray they are at peace now.

Either way, I am not feeling the love that it would be any less painful for Tyree to die knowing it was her Uncle killing her or her Mother. This topic is not an easy one but I always try and put myself looking through the child's eyes at the world around them. It helps me to better understand children's behaviors because oftentimes those behaviors are the only way to communicate a need (especially if the child has endured trauma).

On a completely different topic, when reading through the timeline something else stuck out to me. There was mention of white tent cities at the LDS Girls camps in the area. I know there are a couple - maybe locals can help out. Darby Girls camp was frequently used by LDS wards in Idaho Falls. Were there others as well? September would be end of season, campground closing down.

Hatfield...I am serious here...do you think Lori would try to represent herself? Or does she know it is way out of her scope?

If she keeps her same attorney, then by the time the trial rolls around, she just may :)

But seriously, I dont think she actually will. The courtroom discussions from the lawyers seemed to go over her head during her attempt to get her bail reduced, so I think she is realizing she better let the lawyers handle things.

LS in Gannon's case is the one who I think may actually pull a Jodi Arias and try to represent herself eventually. :)

Last edited:
I am also stunned when thinking about what could of possibly been their end game..I believe MG said that Lori told her nobody would notice the children missing due to the horrific earthquake that will hit!! Really?! She’s either really, really gullible or lies constantly...probably both...

I just accidentally clicked on my saved 48 HRS episode about Ms Lori...watching her strut the stage competing for Mrs Texas - makes me wonder. She had to be a young mom at that time, I am not sure of the year but believe she was married to JR and so she definitely had Colby already if not Tylee. Not being judgmental but how many young moms with jobs have time to compete?

Just curious, I do not know.

Too be fair, I highly doubt that Lori put her children's needs above her own needs for any given significant period of time. Did she have help in Tx (ie: family members who would provide care for Colby) that would allow her time to compete?

I just accidentally clicked on my saved 48 HRS episode about Ms Lori...watching her strut the stage competing for Mrs Texas - makes me wonder. She had to be a young mom at that time, I am not sure of the year but believe she was married to JR and so she definitely had Colby already if not Tylee. Not being judgmental but how many young moms with jobs have time to compete?

Just curious, I do not know.
It was 2004, so she was ~30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members