Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #35

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, Melani's documents insinuated that Brandon had mafia connections and could have been targeted by them. Did the mafia borrow Tylee's jeep from Lori for the job?
I'd forgotten that. I wonder if she said that to police the day after the shooting.

This is what she said in her interview with Nate Eaton:

MBP: ...and I had my dad sending threatening messages saying things about a shooting that Brandon Boudreaux’s claiming and I never, still to this day, don’t know if this shooting actually happened or who did it.

Eaton: Do you think it was Alex?

Melani: The first meeting with Detective Pillar the day after the shooting I said, “Here’s all the people Brandon associates with.” Then he asked if I had Lori or Alex’s number, and I gave it to him. But when I heard that, it sounded like Brandon was trying to set them up or something. I know they don’t have anything to do with it.

It's interesting she had to be asked for Lori and Alex's numbers - way to draw attention to who you don't want them to speak to.

And it's interesting they were in the sights of LE already on October 3rd. Presumably BB had already named them.

MBP: Why did they never call Alex or say, “Can you come in and meet with us? We have some questions for you”?

Looks to me like they must have bought themselves some more little throwaway phones, and she never gave them the Rexburg address. But the PI tracked them so I still don't know what they were waiting for in November.

MOO

I’m probably one of only a few who’s bothered by this but reporter Justin alum is continually using a personal Facebook account and commenting repeatedly on the photos of others in this case, asking for them to reach out to him. I’ve always thought he’s commenting on photos because most profiles are locked down and they are not connected as “friends”, and sending them a FB message without being friends causes the message to go into a “requests” section. I also thought using a personal account instead of the official NEWS one was odd and I’ve seen comments get copied/pasted then deleted shortly after and then same thing commented again. I don’t know, this has just bothered me before because I’ve believed there are some more people who would come forward but are scared and become even more hesitant when they’re feeling bombarded by the media. Am I crazy for thinking this type of stuff could prevent others from sharing their story? It’s OK if the answer is yes....maybe this is something many reports do nowadays and I’ve just never noticed or realized this was mainstream practice.

I’m probably one of only a few who’s bothered by this but reporter Justin alum is continually using a personal Facebook account and commenting repeatedly on the photos of others in this case, asking for them to reach out to him. I’ve always thought he’s commenting on photos because most profiles are locked down and they are not connected as “friends”, and sending them a FB message without being friends causes the message to go into a “requests” section. I also thought using a personal account instead of the official NEWS one was odd and I’ve seen comments get copied/pasted then deleted shortly after and then same thing commented again. I don’t know, this has just bothered me before because I’ve believed there are some more people who would come forward but are scared and become even more hesitant when they’re feeling bombarded by the media. Am I crazy for thinking this type of stuff could prevent others from sharing their story? It’s OK if the answer is yes....maybe this is something many reports do nowadays and I’ve just never noticed or realized this was mainstream practice.

JMO
Its a valid concern IMO. I have seen reporters do it quite a bit when they want to get permission (to credit the source) from the source to be able to include the photo or the story on their news stories.

I think they can do a better job of explaining who they are and why they want the person to contact them. The requests I have seen are usually very brief. So I agree that some people are probably put off by those media requests and ignore them or delete their request.

I think sometimes the media makes a mistake of thinking that people will be pleased and honored to be able to contribute to a real news story, when some people will be afraid of requests like that.

It is common though as I have seen it quite a bit too.

"Suzanne Freeman was one of the first authors to have her work published by Spring Creek Book Company, which the Daybells launched in 2004. The first book, “Led by the Hand of Christ,” focused on Freeman’s near-death experience, and over the next eight years, she partnered with Chad on two more projects."

Author who worked with Chad Daybell says he's been deceived and needs to 'do the right thing' | East Idaho News
Do the right thing?

The murders happened, IMO, so that he wouldn't have to account to anyone. You don't get more cowardly than that. He's not going to admit to anything.

MOO

I watched a video today of a woman who has come forward and I was wondering if it had been posted yet.?

Eta I just saw that Renarde has already posted it. Hopefully more will come forward.

I still fear they've got the charges wrong.

I can't get away from the thought that to prove a parent abandoned their children it seems logical to me that you need to show the children are alive and suffering that abandonment - not receiving food, clothing, shelter, education, medical attention.

What would happen if the defense is that she believes the children are deceased? I don't think there is anything making her explain why she thinks that.

I don't think it's right to level charges to get around a situation, if that makes sense. For instance she has apparently told someone that Tylee is deceased. She's told people that the children were zombies and that zombies needed to die. She's told people she has no minor children. I think there is enough for two no body murder trials, with the other deaths around them, the doctrines and the testimony of MG, with all the other circumstantial evidence of possessing their phone/iPad/bank card, getting rid of JJ's support systems.

MOO

I can't quite make up my mind if CD truly believes the carp he's written, or it's all manufactured to gain power & money.

If he really does believe it, who do you think he's talking to in his portal and getting the "revelations" from? It surely isn't from God.

He wouldn't be the first writer of fiction to start thinking his made-up stories had some connection to revealed truth. L. Ron Hubbard comes to mind.

I still fear they've got the charges wrong.

I can't get away from the thought that to prove a parent abandoned their children it seems logical to me that you need to show the children are alive and suffering that abandonment - not receiving food, clothing, shelter, education, medical attention.

What would happen if the defense is that she believes the children are deceased? I don't think there is anything making her explain why she thinks that.

I don't think it's right to level charges to get around a situation, if that makes sense. For instance she has apparently told someone that Tylee is deceased. She's told people that the children were zombies and that zombies needed to die. She's told people she has no minor children. I think there is enough for two no body murder trials, with the other deaths around them, the doctrines and the testimony of MG, with all the other circumstantial evidence of possessing their phone/iPad/bank card, getting rid of JJ's support systems.

MOO

I think that is kind of where the State is pushing Lori - to testify the children are deceased. The State can bring murder charges up later when they have even more of a case against her. At least if they can get significant charges of abandonment, lack of proper food/health/education/housing/etc., along with multiple charges of lying, deceit, attempted murders, fraud, stealing money, whatever else she has been involved with - it would bring more weight to a conviction on a murder trial. Of course - jmo.

Ok, so I just watched a memorial tribute to AC created by his sister on a YouTube channel.

I wanted to see if I could glean any insight into the Cox family. What I did see toward the end was AC clearly walking Melani down the isle for her marriage to Ian. Among other interesting photos.

I thought in her interview they just “happened” to run into each other? o_O

It’s amazing to me that this family is not even questioning where these beautiful children are!! MOO

Idaho has NO sanity defense. Why is her mental health defense being questioned? Why would the state ask, if there is no sanity defense and why is LV attorney not saying whether he will use this in her defense? Thanks

This case is beyond strange.

Section 18-207 – Idaho State Legislature

Insanity in the State of Idaho
Although this was another case, it has some interesting information....

Being competent for trial is different from being legally sane; to be competent, Kinner only has to understand the court proceedings and assist his attorneys in his defense. If he is found competent, his case will move forward like any other. If he is not found competent, he will be sent to a state hospital until he is deemed competent for trial, at which point he will return to court.
The tangled case has cast Idaho’s state laws regarding the criminal justice system and the mentally ill into a stark light. Although the insanity defense is used in less than 1 percent of all criminal cases in the country, it’s still available in every state except Idaho, Kansas, Montana and Utah. And it will likely remain that way for the foreseeable future — the U.S. Supreme Court six years ago turned down an opportunity to rule on Idaho’s law.

While Idaho does allow for a “guilty but insane” verdict from a jury, it’s still more punitive than other states’ “not guilty by reason of insanity” defenses.

What’s more, although there is a faction of activists working for change, Idaho also does not exempt people with a “serious mental illness” from punishment by death, which means if Kinner were convicted, he would face the death penalty regardless of any evidence of mental illness.

More at link about (non) insanity defense in Idaho...

Idaho one of only 4 states without a criminal insanity defense

Since Means can't utilize a criminal insanity defense, I keep wondering if he might attempt a brainwash defense for LV. IMO, MG really set up a nice start for him on that possibility. Then, it would be some sort of "religious freedom" defense for CD. I know the brainwash defense has been used before but doubt it's success. These are just some thoughts I've been tossing about for a few weeks.

JMO
Its a valid concern IMO. I have seen reporters do it quite a bit when they want to get permission (to credit the source) from the source to be able to include the photo or the story on their news stories.

I think they can do a better job of explaining who they are and why they want the person to contact them. The requests I have seen are usually very brief. So I agree that some people are probably put off by those media requests and ignore them or delete their request.

I think sometimes the media makes a mistake of thinking that people will be pleased and honored to be able to contribute to a real news story, when some people will be afraid of requests like that.

It is common though as I have seen it quite a bit too.

granted I haven’t seen JL’s requests firsthand; but they don’t call it ‘politely and softly inquiring journalism’ for probably a good reason. They call it ‘investigative journalism’. If he misses out on too many scoops he wants because of it, I’m sure he’ll eventually smarten up and take a softer tactic.

I guess you are right. He does have a very dedicated following though. I got doxxed by some of his fans after mentioning this.

and speaking of softer journalism tactics, I think Nate has that down pat. I was so happy when Eric and him were hired by Dateline and all the exposure they were getting from their hard work on this story. The video published today was no different, it was interesting to hear about someone who had Chad has their publisher. I was not at all surprised when she mentioned the attorney who reviewed her contract said he never saw a more one-sided (in favor of publisher not the author) publisher agreement before. That just further solidified my belief in CD being a clever con man making a buck off of innocent people and exploiting those who truly believe in NDE and all that. I don’t recall her mentioning it in the interview but Chad even wrote the first chapter of one of her books, multiple reviews I’ve seen reference that and how lucky Suzanne was to have partnered with Chad . Just MOO.

Idaho has zero insanity defense. And folks in Idaho have zero tolerance for crazy people who hurt kids.

Most folks in Idaho are LDS, or they know a lot about the LDS church. They won't have any empathy for LVD, who doesn't come off as crazy, like Wanda Barzee, now, she was a nut case.

Women will loathe LVD. Men won't like her much either. She is not a "likeable" defendant. She comes off as arrogant and even worse, condescending. Like she is "special". Not mentally ill.

Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix
Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix is on Facebook. To connect with Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix, log into Facebook.
or
Join
Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix
1 hr ·

THE JEEP: Last week, a colleague and I did some investigating in Gilbert. We canvassed the neighborhood Brandon Boudreaux lived at in October 2019. Also, where police say he was shot at on 10/2.

What we know:

The Jeep below was registered to Charles Vallow.

Charles was shot and killed on 7/11/19 by Alex Cox, the brother of Charles’ wife at the time - Lori Vallow. We know Alex claimed self-defense.

The car was registered to Charles but mainly driven by his stepdaughter Tylee Ryan.

Tylee went missing in September, last seen on 9/8/19.

The photo below is of the Jeep caught on a license plate reader on Gilbert of 2019. (Courtesy: Rich Robertson)

Rexburg Police says LE recovered the Jeep in Idaho where Vallow lived after the welfare check and search warrant regarding JJ and Tylee.

What we learned:

A neighbor tells us on the morning of 10/2, she noticed a Jeep parked across the street from her but to the right of Brandon’s home.

The Jeep faced west, parked nose to nose against another car which was odd.

The neighbor tells me the Jeep had been parked there all morning.

Court documents filed by Brandon’s attorney says he left his home around 7:20 AM to drop off his younger kids to his ex Melani Pawlowski. He returned around 9:15 AM.

So according to the witness, that Jeep had been parked outside for at least two hours.

When Brandon pulled into his driveway and had been allegedly shot at, the neighbor heard a loud noise.

It’s important to note, Brandon believes he saw a silencer on the rifle.

The neighbor remembers seeing the Jeep speed off down the street after the shooting.

In this document I’ve shared before, a GPS watch given to Brandon’s son is mentioned. Brandon just moved in a few days prior and says no one knew his address.

The shooting is still being investigated by GPD, but just wanted to share the nuggets we found by going to the scene where it unfolded.

NOTE: Security video was hard to find. Majority of homes didn’t have cameras. Many Arizona residents carry firearms to defend their property.

So then the next question becomes: Who gave Melanie’s son the watch with the GPS on it. In my opinion, whoever gave him the watch did so knowing that something was going to happen once they found out where Brandon had moved them to. MOO

From Nate Eaton's interview with MG (part 1):

"Have you heard anything about burner phones? Sixty burner phones being used to communicate or..."

Where did Nate get that number? Is it something that he learned from LE?
I know on fb that some family members have stated that Charles paid for 60 phones at one point. IMO I would think that perhaps some of those were for his employees. I have also read that LVD may have provided phones for some of her people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018