Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #35

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still fear they've got the charges wrong.

I can't get away from the thought that to prove a parent abandoned their children it seems logical to me that you need to show the children are alive and suffering that abandonment - not receiving food, clothing, shelter, education, medical attention.

What would happen if the defense is that she believes the children are deceased? I don't think there is anything making her explain why she thinks that.

I don't think the defence can make that argument without collapsing their own case.

Why does she believe the children are deceased? How does she know it? What chain of events led to their deaths? Will she take the stand and say this?

I don't think it's right to level charges to get around a situation, if that makes sense. For instance she has apparently told someone that Tylee is deceased. She's told people that the children were zombies and that zombies needed to die. She's told people she has no minor children. I think there is enough for two no body murder trials, with the other deaths around them, the doctrines and the testimony of MG, with all the other circumstantial evidence of possessing their phone/iPad/bank card, getting rid of JJ's support systems.

MOO

I agree this is where it is heading, but that is why I see these charges more as a trap for the defence.

If the defence starts arguing that LV believes the kids are dead, that is disastrous for any murder defence.

If she tries any active defence, it begins to trap her into a false version. If she claims they are dead and therefore not abandoned, it admits knowledge of death.

She has no defense IMHO....but it is up to the prosecution to prove their charges, so am not sure why defense is an issue?

If nothing else they can prove LoLo was on an extended honeymoon w/o children yet still collecting SS benefits and from what we have heard/seen no evidence those funds were transferred anywhere to benefit the children.

Oh gosh Echo is on now, remember in the beginning when she posted here? I do! Her daughter and Tylee were BFFs in AZ.

She used to tell us how Lori was Mom of the Year flying her daughter to visit Tylee in Kauai (really Charles IMO) but also shaming Tylee for her weight over the phone when Tylee was at their house.

I think it was Kaye on Gray Hughes early on that said Lori and her whole family were obsessed with being thin. I definitely remember that. I remember Kaye saying that the rest of the family followed Lori around like little baby ducks. It was true! They all ended up in Rexburg and Lori bugged out after a few months.

It is a strange family, no doubt about it.

hee hee... when I was a kid my family and I spent some time living in Waynesboro, VA ‘before it had a traffic spotlight’, as my mother is fond of saying. I think they’re seriously looking at retirement in NC; whenever that time is.

Do you know what part? NC is unique in that it has mountains to the west and coast to the east and the piedmont in between. I have lived all over and my Mom lives at the coast in Surf City. They will love it. We never thought we'd leave but my daughter fell for an Alabama boy and here we are. But we love it. The south just gets sweeter the farther you go.

I just accidentally clicked on my saved 48 HRS episode about Ms Lori...watching her strut the stage competing for Mrs Texas - makes me wonder. She had to be a young mom at that time, I am not sure of the year but believe she was married to JR and so she definitely had Colby already if not Tylee. Not being judgmental but how many young moms with jobs have time to compete?

Just curious, I do not know.

I don't know how many could do it. But I know that she did. She worked in a salon before she married Joe and then later they had a salon built into their home. She had both children when she was in the competition (it's something you apply for, not something you win a previous pageant to be in, so not time-consuming if you're in reasonably good shape), and the competition takes a couple of days. At the time, Colby was 8 or 9, Tylee was roughly two, and she and Joe were divorced just a hot minute (2 or 3 months) later.

Whether that’s the card the defense plays or not, they still need to defend any allegations made. If it’s just their word or rather Loris words vs the prosecution, wouldn’t they need some proof to whatever Loris claiming is true? Would they really just take her at her word? That sounds like it’s opening her up to perjury should she decide to lie and be caught.

I haven’t personally been up to Yellowstone yet this year. But the parks opened so I’d say most of not all has melted.

All jmo
I think her attorney is gonna claim she is nuts. Frankly I think she is crazy.

What is Chad up to right now? Is he worried at all that Lori is paying the price of all of his magical thinking? Was it worth it in the end? Did he get what he wanted? Does he truly believe that the world will end in June, he will still have to bust Lori out of jail (even if she and he are the only two left on the planet) and find some way to manage. I am still struck that he predicts Earthquakes as a means to end the world and where does he move? Near Yellowstone and Hawaii! Those are like the 2 largest earthquake areas in the northern hemisphere and he is drawn towards them during the end times? Maybe he is wearing his super secret protector undies but those garments are LDS dependent and he doesn't appear to be part of that "member in good standing" group (I am not knocking the temple garments just imagining how incongruent his thoughts must be).

Ok this might be the funniest thing I've read about this case. :D

But also...when you think about it, it does tell you a little something about the mental situation of some of the people involved. If you are a Mormon mom in the Phoenix suburbs, quietly doing your thing, and your ex-husband is a Mormon dad in the Phoenix suburbs quietly doing his thing, the idea that your family has attracted the attention of and been targeted by the Mafia is probably not rooted in reality -- whether it's a paranoid thought or throw-it-against-the-wall-and-see-if-it-sticks.

Then again, maybe Brandon's not quietly doing his thing. Maybe he's busy doing one of the 38 nefarious behaviors and/or crimes he's been accused of...and the Mafia really does send bad shooters to Idaho to borrow jeeps from 17 year-old girls when they need transpo to an attempted murder. Don't let your kids park their cars on the street, people.
Do we know if Tylee’s Jeep was ever spotted in ID before Tylee went missing and/or BB got shot at?

i wish either melani's had of been asked.....how many actual people are part of their 'sect' division per say??
my guess 20 ...max:p:po_O
like how many people would turn up to chad's events aka self published book launches etc?

moo
JMO, but I think there are more than 20 YIKES

What is Chad up to right now? Is he worried at all that Lori is paying the price of all of his magical thinking? Was it worth it in the end? Did he get what he wanted? Does he truly believe that the world will end in June, he will still have to bust Lori out of jail (even if she and he are the only two left on the planet) and find some way to manage. I am still struck that he predicts Earthquakes as a means to end the world and where does he move? Near Yellowstone and Hawaii! Those are like the 2 largest earthquake areas in the northern hemisphere and he is drawn towards them during the end times? Maybe he is wearing his super secret protector undies but those garments are LDS dependent and he doesn't appear to be part of that "member in good standing" group (I am not knocking the temple garments just imagining how incongruent his thoughts must be).
Chad is doing what all good puppet-masters do, standing back in silence. Are there any faithful followers left or have they all cut the strings? I wish I knew what he was doing with LV in jail, surprised the Daily Mail isn't stalking him.

Great point about earthquakes and those two locations, especially Yellowstone given the search LE will do for Tylee soon.

Look at the difference in Chad, I'm not simply pointing our differences in weight or age. Talking about light & dark, I see it do you? He gives me the creeps.

tammy-and-chad-daybell.jpg

lorivallow3-1.jpeg

I can't like your post, though it is accurate and well-written. I hate that the most vulnerable part of our society, who have no way to defend themselves, are subject to what you describe :(

I hope Colby finds a way to reconcile his childhood and heal. Tylee & JJ will never have that opportunity. That's what really made me mad in those interviews with Janis & Summer, good Mom my arse! I hope they feel awful one day for defending her.
BBM- Yeah, I have absolutely NO respect for either one of them
I do think mom lied about speaking to JJ on Oct 1st, but JMO
I do not think they will feel bad for defending LVD.
It was their moment of fame, to be on TV, and of course they had to say they support CD and LVD (even though they didn't even know she had married CD) because they FEAR for their lives also.
Cowards and liars. JMO

It was their moment of fame, to be on TV, and of course they had to say they support CD and LVD (even though they didn't even know she had married CD) because they FEAR for their lives also.
Cowards and liars. JMO

It does look like he was given a makeover by LV. I thought his behavior still matched his first photo when she was walking in front of cameras in HI. I think he still wanted to be liked and approved by others. She does seem to be the confident one that is making the decisions. Maybe he got caught in over his head after having an affair? Their little fantasy role playing game was made into a reality by one of them? Yes, it seems all those "close" to her feel they must compliment her. Very strange.

i wish either melani's had of been asked.....how many actual people are part of their 'sect' division per say??
my guess 20 ...max:p:po_O
like how many people would turn up to chad's events aka self published book launches etc?

moo
BBM. Nate Eaton said recently in a radio interview that the number for the inner circle was "about 7".

I don't think the defence can make that argument without collapsing their own case.

Why does she believe the children are deceased? How does she know it? What chain of events led to their deaths? Will she take the stand and say this?

I agree this is where it is heading, but that is why I see these charges more as a trap for the defence.

If the defence starts arguing that LV believes the kids are dead, that is disastrous for any murder defence.

If she tries any active defence, it begins to trap her into a false version. If she claims they are dead and therefore not abandoned, it admits knowledge of death.
Playing devil's advocate - what if this is done via a passive defense?

She pleads the 5th. Her lawyer asks every state witness if they have any proof the children are alive. He closes by arguing there is no evidence that the children are alive, so prima facie, the jury cannot find her guilty of the charges of desertion. He might specifically deny that she has said anything about whether the children are alive, that he hasn't asked her, but purely on a legal reading of the law, they have to be sure the children are alive to find her guilty.

I look at it through the lens that we do have "no body" murder trials, where circumstantial evidence leads to a very strong presumption that death has occured. It is putting the state in somewhat of a precarious position if they get a guilty verdict on desertion by arguing that she has neglected her duty of care towards them, but then decide to prosecute her for murder or involvement in their murder. It could aid the defense, if they say the government can't have it both ways.

Of course there is the problem that she pretended they were elsewhere when people asked where Tylee was and the police came looking for JJ. Knowing her she will invent wild claims involving threats. That was always her M.O.

MOO

Cowards and liars. JMO

And don’t forget any monies paid them for the interview!

I wonder if they shared it with Lori?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member