Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about ZP herself? She obviously had access to to him ... I don't trust anyone who was associated with the deadly duo. I ask again, what was the purpose of the marriage, as I don't think it was true love.

He took her last name of Pastenes, instead of her taking his last name. There has been some speculation that he was trying to change his name so that he would be harder to trace in an investigation. MOO

I've totally lost track of the relevance about whether Tylee attended BYU? She was most likely murdered by her mother, uncle and/or mother's co-conspirator around the time the BYUI semester started on 9/16 and she turned 17 on 9/24. I know this keeps coming up but I can't figure out how it's supposed to connect to her murder?

Lori said she was at BYU. Also, we dissect everything here routinely. :) jmo

I'll have to look up the old thread, but your understanding of BYUI's admissions policy is at odds with what they state on their website. SOURCE (on campus): Legal Disclosures & Select Institutional Policies

"Age: Degree-seeking students applying for on-campus study are generally required to be at least 17 years of age before beginning their first semester of study. For more information on early admissions policy, please contact the Admissions Office."

SOURCE (online): 2.2 Admission Requirements | Pathway Support

"2.2.3 Minimum Age Eligibility
Applicants who are 17 and 18 years old are required to have a high school diploma or equivalent to be admitted to PathwayConnect, while those ages 19+ are not required to have these credentials. Applicants younger than age 17 are not eligible for admission, except in certain international locations."

As usual, I don't disagree that LV is "all lies all the time", but think it's kind of important to make sure we're refuting lies with facts rather than hearsay or assumption (which end up being repeated as fact).

And Tylee was 16 at the time

Isn't it amazing that Alex had time to date Zulema during all the activities he was apparently involved in the months before his demise?
Who was Zulema? What was she before she ended up at AxC's marriage/death bed? Did she have 4 previous husbands? Native American? Latina? Short biography would be helful.

I'll have to look up the old thread, but your understanding of BYUI's admissions policy is at odds with what they state on their website. SOURCE (on campus): Legal Disclosures & Select Institutional Policies

"Age: Degree-seeking students applying for on-campus study are generally required to be at least 17 years of age before beginning their first semester of study. For more information on early admissions policy, please contact the Admissions Office."

SOURCE (online): 2.2 Admission Requirements | Pathway Support

"2.2.3 Minimum Age Eligibility
Applicants who are 17 and 18 years old are required to have a high school diploma or equivalent to be admitted to PathwayConnect, while those ages 19+ are not required to have these credentials. Applicants younger than age 17 are not eligible for admission, except in certain international locations."

As usual, I don't disagree that LV is "all lies all the time", but think it's kind of important to make sure we're refuting lies with facts rather than hearsay or assumption (which end up being repeated as fact).

This feels like deja vu all over again IMO and Yogi Berra agrees ;)

I've totally lost track of the relevance about whether Tylee attended BYU? She was most likely murdered by her mother, uncle and/or mother's co-conspirator around the time the BYUI semester started on 9/16 and she turned 17 on 9/24. I know this keeps coming up but I can't figure out how it's supposed to connect to her murder?
It was a lie her mother told to explain TRs absence.

Respectfully snipped for focus.
I'm puzzled by the wording. I didn't see anyone "refuting" anything, just trying to be helpful within the context, when exactitude is not especially crucial.
If the wording refers to wenwe's posts in particular, I'm even more puzzled. Although I can't vouch for every one of wenwe's 9000+ posts, in my experience over the years, his/her posts are on point, thorough, and well-articulated: I always learn something. I think you can trust him/her to be diligent about being precise when the discussion calls for it.
Back to Tylee. The reason exactitude on BYUI admissions standards is not especially crucial in this context, is that there were other options for college-level work in Rexburg. Plus Tylee seems to have had no problem getting around since she had a car; she could easily get to a campus of some kind.
The important element IMO is not even whether she was going to attend college in 2019, but rather if she was going to school of some sort at all or if she was even allowed out of the house. If not, what was the poor child doing all day? Could she have a part-time job so she could meet other young people? Who was helping her in any way? Did she have anyone to talk to? All of this is neglect. The fact that she went missing for weeks, and no one seemed to notice or particularly care is a symptom of ongoing profound neglect. IMO

Last edited:
You can. I did (though not in Rexburg.) It's not correct that under18's can't attend BYU.

The conversation was a little more nuanced than "Can under18's attend BYU?" It was about students with GED's and about BYUPathways, which is a fully-online program, not an in-residence program where the students living in Rexburg attend classes on campus. Two separate situations.

This is all sort of moot, not only because we know she was dead by then, but also because (thanks Rich in AZ!) TR's 17th birthday was on 9/24/19, which means she would have still been 16 when the fall semester started. At 16, I'd agree there were multiple hoops she'd have needed to jump through on both the GED and college admission that just wouldn't seem likely.

<modsnip>I just watched the EIN vigil footage..... Tears! April was there (friend from Hawaii featured on Dateline), and so was Tylee's best friend! Kay and Larry didn't attend as Larry wasn't feeling well, but they were watching live, and Larry sent a message at the end saying "God Bless you all"...

Apologies if this has been posted, but in case anyone missed it here is the live feed with Nate Eaton (and his daughter)

I'm actually surprised at how emotional I got watching.... Lot's of tears!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think Tylee did much of anything in Rexburg, considering she went missing in early September. So she probably spend less than a week there (in a live form). As for nobody noticing, again, it would appear Lori used Tylee's phone to communicate with people, like Tylee's brother and Tylee's friend.

“The fact that she’s not cooperative and wasn't cooperative that might come into evidence. I think there’s a reasonable chance that comes in because the prosecutor will argue that this is consciousness of guilt. This is something that you might expect a reasonable parent who is not guilty of first degree or second degree murder to say, 'Yes I’m very concerned, let me tell you where I saw them last.' These kinds of things," Marc Victor with The Attorneys for Freedom of Law Firm.
Attorney breaks down what Vallow, Daybell could face in court after children are found dead

Can you quote your source on that? If true, that would be highly unusual. Most properly accredited 4-year colleges will allow enrollment at 17 with a high school diploma or GED, provided they meet all other relevant admission requirements.

Survivor social security checks stop on the 18th birthday month. If Tylee had enrolled and gone to college, she would continue to receive checks but in her name only. So, college bound or not... LD would have no access to any checks beyond Tylee's 18th birthday month.

I know this because my son received survivor benefits and, while he was a minor, the checks were sent to me and I banked all the checks for his future in an account under both our names. Just a few weeks after his 18th birthday I received a letter from social security demanding proof that the money that had been saved would be transferred into a bank account under his name only. Social security doesn't fool around and that's a good thing. I sent the proper verification from the bank showing the transfer they requested and heard nothing further from them. Had my son gone to college, social security would have sent the monthly check to him in his name. Because an 18 year old is an adult as per social security protocol.

ETA: If anyone continued to receive and keep Tylee's and JJ's checks after their last known sightings, they are as good as caught and will have to return that money when and if "opportunity allows."

Last edited:
Survivor social security checks stop on the 18th birthday month. If Tylee had enrolled and gone to college, she would continue to receive checks but in her name only. So, college bound or not... LD would have no access to any checks beyond Tylee's 18th birthday month.

I know this because my son received survivor benefits and, while he was a minor, the checks were sent to me and I banked all the checks for his future. Just a few weeks after his 18th birthday I received a letter from social security demanding proof that the money that had been saved was transferred into his name in a bank account under his own name. I sent the proper verification from the bank showing the transfer they requested and heard nothing further from them. Had my son gone to college, social security would have sent the monthly check to him in his name. Because an 18 year old is an adult as per social security protocol.
I am a little bit confused. How were you supposed to feed him and clothe him before he turned 18, if all of the money were supposed to have been saved for him and transferred into his bank account?

Respectfully snipped for focus.
I didn't see anyone "refuting" anything, just trying to be helpful within the context, when exactitude is not especially crucial. If the reference is to wenwe's posts in particular, in my experience over the years, his/her posts are always on point and well-articulated: I think you can expect him/her to be diligent about being precise when the discussion calls for it.
Back to Tylee. Since there were other options for college-level work in Rexburg, and Tylee seems to have had no problem getting around since she had a car, the important element IMO is not whether or not she was going to attend college in 2019, but rather if she was going to school of some sort at all. If not, what was the poor child doing all day? Who was helping her in any way? Did she have anyone to talk to? She went missing for weeks, and no one noticed? IMO
I have seen a photo of Tylee in June of 2019, and she looks happy and her gorgeous self and glowing, and honestly, that last photo of her in Yellowstone, it haunts me. She looks lost and resigned. And, putting this delicately, not as healthy as she was just from June. I think she could feel that somehow things weren't going well. MOO

Last edited:
Well, well , well. Isn’t MP a character all in herself?
Thank you for showing me the media thread guys! I’m getting to know this shady lady on there and putting a pin in my judgement of whether or not I think she knew what LV was up to with the children and that they’d been murdered. This family! You couldn’t make this stuff up! Jmo of course :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95