Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m anxiously waiting for LE to take a big step forward here, as are many other people. This case is so frustrating.

Last summer, Idaho falls (a larger town, just a few miles south of Rexburg) exonerated a man imprisoned for a very public murder. He was found to be jailed wrongfully since the 90s. I don’t think it’s allowed to bring other cases here, so just do a search and it’ll pop up pretty quick.

My point is, the Idaho falls justice system was humiliated because of their huge mistake. With Rexburg so close in proximity, I can picture LE and the court treading ever so carefully to make sure everything is ironclad first. Nearly everyone there is related, or grew up together, so work is almost always personal. To me, it’s completely obvious these two need jailed and interrogated. It’s frustrating to wait for justice and answers. This might be a small insight. 100% MOO.

So they themselves rented a house and also own a house in Princeville which is rented out.
This pair just cannot stop lying.
Property sales in Hawaii are recorded by a state agency known as the Bureau of Conveyances. There is no property on Kauai owned by anyone named Vallow or Daybell with any first names. Ryan is a common name but nothing owned by Lori Ryan.

So they are lying about owning property. I suppose it's possible they have something in the name of a trust that would be harder to find. But I'm going to stick with the conclusion they are lying.

I think it's time for a reporter to get a hold of Stacey Lynn Cope's death certificate and interview some more family to find out the real story of how she died. There has to be some history, some precedence that gave Lori reason to believe she could get away with lying to Colby (and possibly CV's sons) about how Charles died. MOO.

There have been some family insights on social media but I cant link to them here. After reading them, I dont think Stacey's death was too suspicious. Perhaps Lori's absentee mothering strategy was learned from her own parents, and Stacey was more like a mother to her and Alex.

I’m anxiously waiting for LE to take a big step forward here, as are many other people. This case is so frustrating.

Last summer, Idaho falls (a larger town, just a few miles north of Rexburg) exonerated a man imprisoned for a very public murder. He was found to be jailed wrongfully since the 90s. I don’t think it’s allowed to bring other cases here, so just do a search and it’ll pop up pretty quick.

My point is, the Idaho falls justice system was humiliated because of their huge mistake. With Rexburg so close in proximity, I can picture LE and the court treading ever so carefully to make sure everything is ironclad first. Nearly everyone there is related, or grew up together, so work is almost always personal. To me, it’s completely obvious these two need jailed and interrogated. It’s frustrating to wait for justice and answers. This might be a small insight. 100% MOO.
Totally agree! I followed the Angie Dodge case for years including watching Chris Tapp being exonerated via live stream. Rexburg, Madison, Fremont counties are being very careful I am sure.

Last summer, Idaho falls (a larger town, just a few miles north of Rexburg) exonerated a man imprisoned for a very public murder. He was found to be jailed wrongfully since the 90s. I don’t think it’s allowed to bring other cases here, so just do a search and it’ll pop up pretty quick.

Meh. Not that it matters to your point, but IF is south of Rexburg.

The case you're talking about the issue was the LE cut corners. It was long enough ago that I seriously doubt anyone still around feels any relationship between the current regime and the one that was around when that happened. That this happened two counties away in a completely different police department distances them even more.

Sure, I'd expect that law enforcement agencies in SE Idaho who might have cut corners noticed and it was a good lesson that cutting corners can catch up with you forever. I imagine LE that heard about the case anywhere in the country got the same lesson. If it is a lesson that any officier hasn't learned, he or she needs to. Not cutting corners is not the same as delaying too long. If they cut corners and get the wrong person or do so to get the right person, but the charges don't stick because of cutting those corners, are you going to be cutting them slack or bad mouthing them for that?

MOO

Or maybe there was a trust for Tylee and JJ, and Lori concocted a plan to get it all for herself?
I guess it’s possible but would think the named trustee would be implicated. May never had a trust but the money gone to the kids and she stole it. CJ should know something.

Imagine her in jail! It’s kind of fun.

She’s a chameleon—maybe she’ll get along with other inmates and not worry about being shanked. Maybe not. Either way she’ll be showering and pooping in public and smelling nasty smells while draped in unflattering communal clothes. I can picture her transcended self indignantly waiting for delivery of her generic commissary items, them carrying them in a baggie back to her shared cell. Trying to to sleep on a lumpy mattress under a single low-count threadbare sheet stained with unspeakable things. Scheming how to use available items to secretly murder her cellmate and a guard or two.

Sulking on uncomfortable bolted-down dayroom chairs unable to control or check on the status of her misbegotten funds. No cell phone, computer or email to reinforce how wonderful she is. Anxious there are no mirrors to see how pale and flabby she’s gotten without beaches, swimming pools, tanning booths, pilates machines or yoga classes. Knowing she’s getting fat eating nasty high-carb food and canned beans instead of sushi. No curling iron, blow dryer, hairspray, or bikinis waxes to soften the blow.

A resentful, angry dethroned princess, completely trapped without horny, rich men around to manipulate.

Don't think for a minute that she wouldn't turn to manipulating guards. MOO.

So- apparently, Chad and Lori met with the Bishop on Sunday. They stated that they are being misrepresented and what is being said in the media is inaccurate. Simple fix- go to Idaho, sit down with LE and make it right. Clear up anything that is not accurate and produce the kids. They have brought this on themselves and can easily make things right if they choose.

So- apparently, Chad and Lori met with the Bishop on Sunday. They stated that they are being misrepresented and what is being said in the media is inaccurate. Simple fix- go to Idaho, sit down with LE and make it right. Clear up anything that is not accurate and produce the kids. They have brought this on themselves and can easily make things right if they choose.
They now have an excuse that her children would be taken from her if she revealed their location.

The woman they tried to rent from on Kauai said something I find interesting:

"Martin said Daybell had told her he earned $30,000 a month from his books and publishing business. She believes this is a true figure as financial checks she performed appeared to back him up. Her home rents for $3,910 a month."

BBM

So she was able to verify his income? I'm guessing that she simply found that his business grossed $360k or more per year. That seems plausible.

This did seem to be a pattern with her. While others have said she was 'such a great mom', I think she was a hands off kind of parent, letting them do their own thing, because it was less stress for her-- like letting Tylee sort of do homeschool rather than having to answer to a public school system with its parent teacher conferences etc. I suspect that having JJ, with his extra needs put a cramp in her style and from her statement to the police when Charles was killed, I think she was chafing and frustrated with having to be a more involved parent with JJ, (disappearing with just Tylee to hawaii and leaving Charles to figure out what to do with JJ back in Feb) I think she resented that Charles was busy with work and the responsibility for JJ fell on her. Why she didn't just get another Nanny, I don't know. I've started to wonder if JJ's special needs were beginning to be a source of frustration and resentment and why she'd want to abandon her family for an intense, exciting new life with an author she was obsessed with. MOO.

This! Exactly this.

I've spent hours watching and re-watching Colby's interview today so I could add to the timeline. It took me forever to get through because every other sentence was another bombshell dropping. Many things he covered we heard hints of before but to hear it all told in his own words is mind-blowing. Kudos to Colby for speaking out and admitting his many feelings on what has happened-- he is pissed off, frustrated, angry and admits to cussing out Lori when he found out Charles was actually shot to death by Alex. Lori told him Charles had a heart attack. This lie combined with Lori refusing to tell CV's sons what happened but just repeating she was waiting on the ME is so shocking that it's surreal. Did she think that the ME would release the body, she would have a funeral for Charles and no one else besides Alex, Tylee and the Chandler PD would ever find out how Charles died?? o_O:eek:

It really gives me pause to wonder what else she has lied about and gotten away with lying about. For example-- Stacey's death in 1998. We have been told Stacey died from diabetes complications. What if that's not true at all? The internet was not nearly as pervasive in 1998 as it is today. There would not have been any reporters live streaming from in front of the house where Stacey died if there was a police investigation and crime scene tape put up like there was with Charles. No facebook or other social media for neighbors to post about her death and ask what happened. Lori not being tech savyy makes me think she really doesn't pay attention to the news on social media and had no idea that the new would show footage of the house with crime scene tape up. Or perhaps she figured since her neighbors didn't know her and CV's own sons didn't seem to know where she was living currently that it wouldn't matter if the house was shown on the news. But her lie is still so brazen and nonsensical it's hard to wrap my mind around.

I think it's time for a reporter to get a hold of Stacey Lynn Cope's death certificate and interview some more family to find out the real story of how she died. There has to be some history, some precedence that gave Lori reason to believe she could get away with lying to Colby (and possibly CV's sons) about how Charles died. MOO.
The only thing I have come across regarding Stacey is the 1996 divorce docket out of the state of Washington.

If we listen to when Lori slows contact with Colby it is the same time she is sending nasty videos to Chad. January 2019. She is now probably in a full blown affair at this point and with 2 kids in the way. MOO

BBM -- What is this about? I haven't heard about this. Is there an article or something about it?

Meh. Not that it matters to your point, but IF is south of Rexburg.

The case you're talking about the issue was the LE cut corners. It was long enough ago that I seriously doubt anyone still around feels any relationship between the current regime and the one that was around when that happened. That this happened two counties away in a completely different police department distances them even more.

Sure, I'd expect that law enforcement agencies in SE Idaho who might have cut corners noticed and it was a good lesson that cutting corners can catch up with you forever. I imagine LE that heard about the case anywhere in the country got the same lesson. If it is a lesson that any officier hasn't learned, he or she needs to. Not cutting corners is not the same as delaying too long. If they cut corners and get the wrong person or do so to get the right person, but the charges don't stick because of cutting those corners, are you going to be cutting them slack or bad mouthing them for that?

MOO

I had edited it to say south before your reply posted, but thank you.

so many cut corners. like you said, I’m sure anyone who saw that story took a lesson from it, which is my point.

If they flew there would be airline PAX records of it.

I agree not impossible to put them under false names but seems unlikely
There are a couple of private airlines that fly here. Interisland you can fly without documentation. But I don't think they are in Hawaii

Wasn't Alex alone in the house with Stacey when she died? I don't remember reading that Lori was anywhere near.

That's what we heard. But that info could have originally come from Lori for all we know. We don't know where she was or what she was doing when Stacey died. In 1998 Lori had just finalized her 2nd divorce and had a toddler-aged Colby. Stacey died exactly one month after Lori's divorce was final. She could have been looking for a source of income. But I'm not saying she had anything to do with the death necessarily, but she could have lied about it OR simply knew that other family members told untrue stories about what happened and there were no consequences for lying. There may be a pattern or an example that was shown to her that gave her the idea she could lie about something so big and it would not be found out. Some families have a tradition of being less-than-truthful when it comes to how people die even when there are no suspicious circumstances. As an amateur genealogist-- I have seen many passed down narratives on deaths that turned out to be false or only half-truths.

Sometimes families think they are "saving face" or sparing others additional grief by not sharing full details or outright lying. For example, I have a friend who was lied to when he was child about the death of his grandfather. He grew up believing his grandfather had a heart attack at a rather young age (40ish). One day my friend was sorting through documents in his parents house trying to help them with some bills and he found his grandfather's death certificate. The cause of death was a self-inflicted gunshot wound. His grandfather committed suicide. His family had lied because he was a child and they thought he wouldn't understand. They didn't understand themselves and in their grief didn't want to burden him too with the knowledge of how his grandfather died. This "little white lie" however drove quite a wedge between my friend and his parents when it was found out. He'd spent the first 40ish years of his life telling doctors that he had a family medical history of heart attack at a young age. I suppose it's not a bad thing that my friend became a health nut and obsessively watched his cholesterol, but he was devastated finding this info out as an adult. Now my friend who was lied to would never think of telling a similar lie. His mom, however, still thinks she did the right thing and would probably do it again. This is what I mean when I say there may have been some precedence that made Lori believe lying to the "kids" about how CV died was not a big deal. She may have justified it in her mind as saving Colby extra grief or she may have really been thinking she could hide CV's cause of death and go on with her life as if the shooting didn't happen. Lori also alluded to the LEO conducting her interview at CPD that she might not tell JJ his father died because he wouldn't understand. This lying about a death reveals either a pattern or a way of thinking she has that is outside the norm. MOO.

The woman they tried to rent from on Kauai said something I find interesting:

"Martin said Daybell had told her he earned $30,000 a month from his books and publishing business. She believes this is a true figure as financial checks she performed appeared to back him up. Her home rents for $3,910 a month."

BBM

So she was able to verify his income? I'm guessing that she simply found that his business grossed $360k or more per year. That seems plausible.

It is possible it did at some time in the past although I have serious doubts and did a whole run down on what I thought it was bringing in currently (not nearly enough to support their outgo right now and way short of 30K a month, more like $3K a month right now). I think they probably did make more, possibly significantly more, although I doubt 30K a month at some point in the past, but that assumes a high volume of sales through the two smallest Mormon oriented bookstore chains, Deseret Book and Seagull Book. Not of their books appear to be listed on the website of either of those now.

This is a lot of my opinion, but opinion based on some knowledge beyond the average of the economics of the publishing business. (Most authors dont' actually make that much, a very small percent enough to support themselves without another income source.) Here's a question to ponder. If Chad was bringing in 30K a month in income, why was Tammy working a relatively low paying job as a school librarian? It could be because she loved it, but I'm betting it is because they needed the money.

Well, how incurious a person is the Bishop? (Rhetorical question here) . How much does he know about Lori and Chad's extremist views, and subscribe to or tolerate them? Regardless, surely any article or 5 minutes of research will yield the tidbits that nobody knows where the children are and that Lori and Chad haven't told anybody either, which isn't explainable if the Bishop isn't willing to be complicit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luisgill