ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #1 *endangered*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if there is a good way to search RSO’s by victim age and/or victim gender?

I looked at RSO registry in Idaho and (some in surrounding states). Unless I could find MSM coverage of charges, I often hit a wall in determining if victim was a teen girl versus a preschool boy. Under 16 covers a lot of range. Ideally, I also would like to filter by recency (when they were last charged) or perpetrator age. Moo. TIA

A big unfortunate no, @MoeInVA. I'm sorry. It gets so frustrating. Some States just spell it out for ya, and others ya get to guessing.

This beautiful boy still missing. Where is he?

When a dog scent ends abruptly at the edge of a road or trail, it usually means the subject went into a vehicle. Most if not all dog handlers have the dog scent up and down both sides of the road to see if they re-acquire the scent trail. Vehicle movement scatters the scent trail on hard surfaces like macadam and a concentration of vehicle exhaust can create issues for the dog.

Where is this little guy? It’s been too long and nothing much coming from LE. Is there an investigation going another way that we are not hearing about aside from the searching? FBI is involved so that gets me thinking there is something more. Jmo

Has anyone done a map overlay of the nearby sex offenders that shows approximately where Michael went missing?
Looking at the map looks as though there 2 offenders within walking distance of missing location and one property has 1.6 acres!

My opinion only.

How did this little boy just disappear?

The police are so quiet. Either it’s foul play or an accident. But no one is acting like this was an abduction. Family and police are silent. It’s just very sad. The parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles aren’t making pleas in the media and police aren’t either. Very sad outcome coming our way. IMO.

Unlike Summer Wells this was a pretty clear cut and more populated neighborhood. Not so easy to disappear or die in Fruitland. Either MW was missing much longer than one would expect and had an accident — or foul play was involved.
:(

Last edited:
Has anyone done a map overlay of the nearby sex offenders that shows approximately where Michael went missing?
Looking at the map looks as though there 2 offenders within walking distance of missing location and one property has 1.6 acres!

My opinion only.
Not sure. Filtering RSOs seems difficult. Statistically, if it was a stranger abduction it would likely be a young fit man. Not a senior citizen with a prior offense against a teen girl 25 years ago. using my targeted age bracket research approach, closest RSO I found with a preschool boy offense was based in nampa. Hope the family and neighbors have looked through all rso mugshots. But MOO police and family are not acting like one would expect for a suspected kidnapping. At all.

I’m not experienced yet to know what to look for in a typical abduction scenario but I hope you’re wrong this time. There are 3 cases I follow where 5 year olds just went poof with their parents mere feet away. It’s too much sometimes. A positive outcome for once would be wonderful. :(
Not sure. Filtering RSOs seems difficult. Statistically, if it was a stranger abduction it would likely be a young fit man. Not a senior citizen with a prior offense against a teen girl 25 years ago. using my targeted age bracket research approach, closest RSO I found with a preschool boy offense was based in nampa. Hope the family and neighbors have looked through all rso mugshots. But MOO police and family are not acting like one would expect for a suspected kidnapping. At all.

Latest update.

"As of today, Monday, August 16, we have received nearly 290 tips from citizens. It is an intensive effort to follow up on all credible tips and leads and continue to review all video footage. However, investigative resources from the FBI, Idaho State Police, Boise Police Department, and the Fruitland Police Department remain on task. We have already followed and cleared a significant number of the tips that have come in.....

....We still believe there may be someone who may know something and has not yet spoken with one of our investigators. If this is you, and you’ve been unsure, perhaps even afraid to contact us, please know, we want to listen....

....Michael’s family remains fully cooperative, and we are dedicated to doing all we can to finding their little boy. We appreciate this community for being respectful of their privacy during this most difficult time.

We emphasize, we have not eliminated any possibility as we look everywhere and follow every lead in our search for Michael. We continue to ask local residents and businesses to remain vigilant and observant."

The problem is that these RSO's do not always 'hang out' at the addresses they register with. They tend to register using a family members addie, and act as though they are going to live with a parent or a sibling, and work, etc.

But in the cases where an RSO was the guilty party, they were often busted in as different location than what was registered. :mad:

Last edited:
Latest update.

"As of today, Monday, August 16, we have received nearly 290 tips from citizens. It is an intensive effort to follow up on all credible tips and leads and continue to review all video footage. However, investigative resources from the FBI, Idaho State Police, Boise Police Department, and the Fruitland Police Department remain on task. We have already followed and cleared a significant number of the tips that have come in.....

....We still believe there may be someone who may know something and has not yet spoken with one of our investigators. If this is you, and you’ve been unsure, perhaps even afraid to contact us, please know, we want to listen....

....Michael’s family remains fully cooperative, and we are dedicated to doing all we can to finding their little boy. We appreciate this community for being respectful of their privacy during this most difficult time.

We emphasize, we have not eliminated any possibility as we look everywhere and follow every lead in our search for Michael. We continue to ask local residents and businesses to remain vigilant and observant."

I'm with you, @MoeInVA. LE is not treating this (or wording their updates) as if this is a stranger abduction. They, clearly, believe someone close to Michael, or his family, knows something about his disappearance.

"We still believe there may be someone who may know something and has not yet spoken with one of our investigators. If this is you, and you’ve been unsure, perhaps even afraid to contact us, please know, we want to listen...."

I'm with you, @MoeInVA. LE is not treating this (or wording their updates) as if this is a stranger abduction. They, clearly, believe someone close to Michael, or his family, knows something about his disappearance.

"We still believe there may be someone who may know something and has not yet spoken with one of our investigators. If this is you, and you’ve been unsure, perhaps even afraid to contact us, please know, we want to listen...."
Every update has included a variation on this. Doesn't look good :(.

While abduction by adult is on everyone's mind along with injured and expired, the wording has me wondering about older children. Older children with issues can be very cruel to younger ones leading to an accidental event.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members