Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A question ... why would SB keep JW as an employee after discovering the lies and activities the two were involved in? This is by no means a stupid man, he's educated. He was either very tolerant of the activities of BB and her friends, or he simply didn't care anymore. To suggest he had no clue or awareness of his wife's activities is incomprehensible to me. JMHO

Good point Karen. I have often thought that very same thing, why keep JW working there?

The only thing I can think of is, maybe LE advised SB to do that, you know, keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Maybe they hoped to monitor what she was doing on the computer or something. Just guessing.

But that is no excuse to not use the money raised in the trust or the fundraiser towards the reward. That money was not intended to catch up on bills or anything like that that Beth might of accrued if that is truly the case.

I am sorry if something I wrote here suggested to you that trust money was being used for anything other than the search to find Beth, it is not being used to pay personal bills. I was merely pointing out that he might not have had the funds to make the reward more as many have asked about here. $40, 000 cash as was mentioned before is a very large sum for most anyone to come up with.

I know SB personally paid for the billboard in Mt Vernon this was not donated, as well there has been 2 full page ads put in the local papers in Mt Vernon and Centrailia. There are many things that require funds and I am sure the reward is at the top of that list as well.

I agree Cubby, not knowing has to be the worst and makes it difficult to proceed.
I can't even imagine how people go through years of not knowing, it is very sad.

Even with not knowing your still going through a form of grief, which has seven stages..

1. SHOCK & DENIA
2. PAIN & GUILT
3. ANGER & BARGAINING
4. "DEPRESSION", REFLECTION, LONELINESS
5. THE UPWARD TURN
6. RECONSTRUCTION & WORKING THROUGH
7. ACCEPTANCE & HOPE

A question ... why would SB keep JW as an employee after discovering the lies and activities the two were involved in? This is by no means a stupid man, he's educated. He was either very tolerant of the activities of BB and her friends, or he simply didn't care anymore. To suggest he had no clue or awareness of his wife's activities is incomprehensible to me. JMHO

Actually, I can totally see it. Love is blind. I used to work with a woman who was simultaneously dating three other guys and her poor husband had no clue. He trusted her completely and she always had an alibi.

It seems JW was Beth's alibi, and now that SB likely knows this, he's probably in such shock he doesn't know what to do. It may just be easier for him to let things ride for the moment.

I agree JennaLee. First and formost is finding Beth - worry about the rest of it later.

JMO

Auto insurance policies do not cover unlicensed drivers. As an IL resident JW did not have a valid drivers license while driving BB's car according to IL law. Even if her CA license had not yet expired, it was not valid in IL after 90 days of moving to the state.

You can keep an out of state driver's license longer in IL, if you claim residency in that state. I did this. I am an IL native and live here now, but, for some years did live in another state. When I came back to IL, it was to be for a short time, LOL, and I kept my residency in another state. My DL from that state showed a certain address, that of a friend who allowed this. I kept my DL and vehicle registration in that state for four years, I voted there. I filed taxes there. I went to school here, and actually married here, and acquired real property here, while still being a resident of the other state. Of course, I kept my DL and registration valid and didn't let it expire. When I developed an overwhelming desire to vote here in IL, and get involved in politics here, I changed it all over.

IMO, JW further took risks by agreeing to drop her friend off with a stranger? hundreds of miles away from home in an unfamiliar area. Supposedly without asking questions....
The ONLY logical scenario with this alleged friend Beth supposedly met is IF Beth had told JW she would be driving back with this friend and would see her when they got back. Yet, if that were the case WHY would JW not share that like she has shared every unflattering detail of her friends life?...
All eyes are on JW - what incentive would JW have to further cover for Beth? That's a loaded question, because JW's livelyhood depended on BB. Could it be possible JW knows exactly where Beth is and 1)Has had enough of covering for Beth so she came clean to SB knowing if she did while Beth was off playing SB would not 'fire her' and leave her hanging? That might be a far stretch, and what are the consequences for JW IF Beth was found alive?....

respectfully snipped

IMO
1. Perhaps questions were not asked or necessary if JW already knew where BB was going, what she was going to do, and when/if she would see her again. (Who/What/When/Where/Why). JW may have changed her story a dozen times, but may in fact, never have asked any questions on Sunday of Beth, in person or on the phone. BB may have left "the group" after the Frosty Mug single documentation and called SB from anywhere in the world. (SB thinks they're in WI, keep in mind)
2. Unflattering & livelyhood were great choices of words...
3. Incentives & motives for the possible dishonest recollection of events, (aside from the obvious possible impairment by alcohol and/or drug substance, and/or extra marital secrets):
a. BB knew JW's secrets too
b. JW may have been jealous of BB's glamorous lifestyle, known some of BBs secrets that were possible blackmail material, while always envying the beautiful home, cars, wardrobe, successful husband & business, the family dynamics of 3 beautiful sons she loved & had custody of (JW has 3 of 4, still unknown ages/fathers-and 1 may be sick? Physically or Mentally?) The meal ticket was inevitably going to end someday and the ATM may have been getting low on money.
c. BB & JW may have shared the same computers, work???, clothing, liked to look alike, change their hair color & style often, dress alike, spoon & be seen together online looking for fun. Girlfriends all have different relationships.
4. I find it very unlikely that JW is a legal assistant. Most lawyers & attorneys expect their legal assistants, paralegals and law clerks to be able to spell, type at least 60 wpm without errors, and go through extensive background searches & scrutiny as to their LE record, honesty, past work experience, references, etc. A word spelled wrong or a comma in the wrong place can blow years of negotiating or a final decree.
http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos114.htm
http://www.bls.gov/
5. I have successfully blurred/photoshopped the unidentified female that is not a minor in 1 of the 4 Match.com personal/profile.
6. Some Moms that love their kids in whatever their own way is, will go out tonight, some won't.
Beth won't see her kids tonight.
Scott will not see those three boys Mother tonight.
I have 2 grown & one minor, and am going out tonight with my kids.
Lots of possibilities, all depends on the demographics, relationships, priorities and choices people make.
IMO

IMO, JW further took risks by agreeing to drop her friend off with a stranger? hundreds of miles away from home in an unfamiliar area. Supposedly without asking questions....
The ONLY logical scenario with this alleged friend Beth supposedly met is IF Beth had told JW she would be driving back with this friend and would see her when they got back. Yet, if that were the case WHY would JW not share that like she has shared every unflattering detail of her friends life?...
All eyes are on JW - what incentive would JW have to further cover for Beth? That's a loaded question, because JW's livelyhood depended on BB. Could it be possible JW knows exactly where Beth is and 1)Has had enough of covering for Beth so she came clean to SB knowing if she did while Beth was off playing SB would not 'fire her' and leave her hanging? That might be a far stretch, and what are the consequences for JW IF Beth was found alive?....

respectfully snipped

IMO
1. Perhaps questions were not asked or necessary if JW already knew where BB was going, what she was going to do, and when/if she would see her again. (Who/What/When/Where/Why). JW may have changed her story a dozen times, but may in fact, never have asked any questions on Sunday of Beth, in person or on the phone. BB may have left "the group" after the Frosty Mug single documentation and called SB from anywhere in the world. (SB thinks they're in WI, keep in mind)
2. Unflattering & livelyhood were great choices of words...
3. Incentives & motives for the possible dishonest recollection of events, (aside from the obvious possible impairment by alcohol and/or drug substance, and/or extra marital secrets):
a. BB knew JW's secrets too
b. JW may have been jealous of BB's glamorous lifestyle, known some of BBs secrets that were possible blackmail material, while always envying the beautiful home, cars, wardrobe, successful husband & business, the family dynamics of 3 beautiful sons she loved & had custody of (JW has 3 of 4, still unknown ages/fathers-and 1 may be sick? Physically or Mentally?) The meal ticket was inevitably going to end someday and the ATM may have been getting low on money.
c. BB & JW may have shared the same computers, work???, clothing, liked to look alike, change their hair color & style often, dress alike, spoon & be seen together online looking for fun. Girlfriends all have different relationships.
4. I find it very unlikely that JW is a legal assistant. Most lawyers & attorneys expect their legal assistants, paralegals and law clerks to be able to spell, type at least 60 wpm without errors, and go through extensive background searches & scrutiny as to their LE record, honesty, past work experience, references, etc. A word spelled wrong or a comma in the wrong place can blow years of negotiating or a final decree.
http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos114.htm
http://www.bls.gov/
5. I have successfully blurred/photoshopped the unidentified female that is not a minor in 1 of the 4 Match.com personal/profile.
6. Some Moms that love their kids in whatever their own way is, will go out tonight, some won't.
Beth won't see her kids tonight.
Scott will not see those three boys Mother tonight.
I have 2 grown & one minor, and am going out tonight with my kids.
Lots of possibilities, all depends on the demographics, relationships, priorities and choices people make.
IMO

Love your post. Great thinking and well written. Thank you.:dance:

I[/QUOTE]... have not read that the Trustee (SB) has said how much has been received or deposited into the bank account that is titled the "Find Beth Bentley Reward Fund" at CHASE Bank.[/QUOTE]

AGM stated on FB the results of the amount raised apx 4000$$ AThat is a long way from 35k. I believe the 35 was given as an example of eveyone donating a specific amount.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=122739057758360

MOO:crazy::crazy:

I'm looking for the post. I have edited my original post up thread and will add the link if I do find it. Where it was stated on how much was in the trust I think it was one of GP's post that might of gotten wiped out like a lot of his posts but I could be wrong. There is another one of his post that he speculated on how much money could be raised and that might of been what I was thinking of too. This is on the page that is linked below a post from AMG if you read down from the beginning you will see no post from GP but in the post by AMG she addressed GP by starting her post "Hi Gus" and explains what the money will be used for but there is no longer any post earlier from him (GP).

I though I remember seeing yesterday or today that amount in the trust was $35,000.00. Does anyone else recall.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?g...619#!/topic.php?uid=122739057758360&topic=303

Link to GP's blog about the trust: http://woodstockadvocate.blogspot.com/2010/07/trust-for-bentley-donations.html
http://www.facebook.com/#topic_top
wELL This did not come up as link.....
Found on page 2 under discussions Donations to bb fund

Just using it as a guestimator in my opinion

I agree JennaLee. First and formost is finding Beth - worry about the rest of it later.

JMO

Right now that is pretty much all SB can deal with. He has a lot on his plate just doing this and taking care of the boys, the boys need a lot of extra care right now too.

JW is still working there because this is what LE wanted

I believe JW is just the receptionist.. Legal assistant is a stretch.

BTW Cubby been reading your pet case I am still playing catch up but very interesting case

Right now that is pretty much all SB can deal with. He has a lot on his plate just doing this and taking care of the boys, the boys need a lot of extra care right now too.

JW is still working there because this is what LE wanted

I believe JW is just the receptionist.. Legal assistant is a stretch.

BTW Cubby been reading your pet case I am still playing catch up but very interesting case

TY Paschein. OT- but that is one of my pet cases. There is only so much room in my siggy line. Another is the Anna Christian Waters case which we have a spotlight forum for her at WS, but while Eric Gilford is still on the loose his 'mug' is there for now.

back on topic now...and off to finish reading.

Great pictures sd21, thank you! For some reason I envisioned an English style 'walk out' basement when I read the listing.

One thing that bugs me......if something really did happen at the Mt. Vernon rehab, I do not think that this group is stupid enough to put the house up for sale this soon after. Anyone who wishes to look at the house can. I am not saying criminal masterminds, but one that is smart enough to not talk to anyone in the press is not going to allow evidence to be found without a warrant.

I never did think BB left her family, but now I am having doubts about the Mt. Vernon connection. IMO maybe we are barking up the wrong tree. Or wherever something happened, it wasn't at that house.

There does seem to be a small amount of evidence that at least at first, BB may have been meeting someone other than her husband for some fun. Was it enough for her to leave a cushy pampered lifestyle and her children?

I would love to know if the rumor that BB had left before and left her children with SB is true or not. I think that is the key for myself personally.

... I wonder what address JW gave to LE if her DL had a cali address. ... LE probably gave her a verbal warning telling her to make sure she got to the DMV to get an IL DL. ...

The address on the 2008 and 2009 tickets was the same Woodstock address.

A verbal warning on an expired Calif. D/L? I would hope not. Anyway, the officer could have checked and learned that a year before, when she got the 2008 ticket, she gave the same Woodstock address.

How would that qualify for a little "officer discretion" on a D/L violation? Within eight days, possibly. After 14 months, shouldn't happen!

Good morning everyone... I was soooo sure when I woke up that Beth came home last night. Guess it was a dream. Weird to dream about someone you dont even know. UGH.. Beth.. Where are you?

Thanks for the pics... I dont think she is there either, but the place does have a creepy vibe to it..

If it is allowed...........Can you give directions to where this gate is at? I know the area and would like to see where this is. Thanks

One thing that bugs me......if something really did happen at the Mt. Vernon rehab, I do not think that this group is stupid enough to put the house up for sale this soon after. Anyone who wishes to look at the house can. ...

Does anyone know if the flooring is new? And when it was installed? Or ordered? Is it off-the-shelf material, available from any flooring store on a walk-in, buy-it basis? Was it merely put down over the old flooring?

How about painting dates? Obviously, those who were there on the week-end of May 21-23 know the condition of the house, floors, painting. Anyone else?

If it is allowed...........Can you give directions to where this gate is at? I know the area and would like to see where this is. Thanks

It was near some sign that said LAKES something & maybe not far from a ATV riding area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove