GUILTY IL - Katrina Smith, 30, beaten to death, Machesney Park, 23 Oct 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I am too much of a cynic...I see wife missing, problems in marriage, and just hope the wife's body is found quickly. Not a good way to be, but it happens so often.

Especially when a husband is last to see this wife who he admits to seeing at night and says she left to run an errand, but doesn't come back and he doesn't seems concerned about that, and then says their were no
marital problems!
Reminds me of the Karen Swift case...

Oh dear, beautiful Katrina may you dance freely and with joy amoung the angels ..... so very sad that your lovely smile has left our world ... I was ever so hopeful ( and naive ) to believe you were still out there somewhere .... rest in peace beautiful girl ... you will never be forgotten!

Oh dear, beautiful Katrina may you dance freely and with joy amoung the angels ..... so very sad that your lovely smile has left our world ... I was ever so hopeful ( and naive ) to believe you were still out there somewhere .... rest in peace beautiful girl ... you will never be forgotten!

That was beautiful, basilcat. HUGS.:tears:

I'm certainly saddened to see that this is Katrina. My prayers are going up for her loved ones.

I would like someone to clarify, please, that the family are the ones who reported her missing early the day after her disappearance. The article simply says that when they heard she didn't go to work, they knew something was wrong. But when did they learn she didn't go to work? I think it was later in the day.
My understanding is that TS called and reported her missing late the next day. If someone has any other MSM to show us that someone else called LE earlier in the day, please link it. But just the family saying that they knew something was wrong when they learned she didn't show up for work doesn't tell us when they learned that information. Once they learned she hadn't gone to work and that she hadn't been seen all day, they knew something was wrong. That's the way I take it.

I'm certainly saddened to see that this is Katrina. My prayers are going up for her loved ones.

I would like someone to clarify, please, that the family are the ones who reported her missing early the day after her disappearance. The article simply says that when they heard she didn't go to work, they knew something was wrong. But when did they learn she didn't go to work? I think it was later in the day.
My understanding is that TS called and reported her missing late the next day. If someone has any other MSM to show us that someone else called LE earlier in the day, please link it. But just the family saying that they knew something was wrong when they learned she didn't show up for work doesn't tell us when they learned that information. Once they learned she hadn't gone to work and that she hadn't been seen all day, they knew something was wrong. That's the way I take it.

I don't think we actually know what happened due to vague language in the story. It said that the family felt something was wrong after she didn't go to work. A. What family are they talking about? Todd? The girls? Katrina's sister? B. How would they not know she went to work? C. If work called Todd early why did it take till Tuesday night to report her missing? If work didn't call him or anyone else how would the family know that she wasn't at work?

Strictly MOO but from here its going to unravel fairly quickly(especially when compared to many cases here).. MOO is that those responsible will be soon arrested/charged.. MOO is that we are not going to see the frustrating issue of knowing "who dun it" and watching them carry on with their care free life after murdering their "loved one".. They're going down soon..jmo

I hope this doesn't turn into another case like Karen Swift. Her articles left in other areas...like they were placed sure fits the scenario of Karen's. Wonder how long it will take for COD to be announced?

Although we figured as much, it still is very unsettling.

RIP Katrina...:rose:

I'm out meeting up with friends and I'm sitting here on my phone. At a loss here with his outcome. So not fair. She should be out with her friends. I hope there is an arrest like 2 weeks ago.

I am still looking at the husband out of the corner of my eyes. I would like to know where he was the rest of the night after she went to do errands. Is there any proof that he remained home all night?

One of the red flags is the difference between his version of their marital status and hers. He says she was just 'house sitting' for a friend. Maybe he really believed that story. Who knows. But how many people would move out of their home and leave their husbands all alone, just as a favor to a friend that moved away?

Maybe she did tell her husband that story as a way to avoid the truth. I think the obvious truth is that she was trying to escape the marriage. And the next question is why couldn't she just tell him the truth?

I am still looking at the husband out of the corner of my eyes. I would like to know where he was the rest of the night after she went to do errands. Is there any proof that he remained home all night?

One of the red flags is the difference between his version of their marital status and hers. He says she was just 'house sitting' for a friend. Maybe he really believed that story. Who knows. But how many people would move out of their home and leave their husbands all alone, just as a favor to a friend that moved away?

Maybe she did tell her husband that story as a way to avoid the truth. I think the obvious truth is that she was trying to escape the marriage. And the next question is why couldn't she just tell him the truth?

Maybe she did tell him the truth?
And I am looking at him with more than a corner of my eye, until LE clears him.

IMO here's where Todd's very own words sent my internal alarm ringing loudly..

We get an MSM report stating that a 30yr old woman from Machesney Park, but who was presently living in Roscoe, went missing supposedly sometime after 9pm Monday October 22.

That she and her husband were separated and had been living apart for weeks, and on Monday evening its verified she was shopping between 7-8pm, then went to her estranged husbands home on Tetterwall(?) where she was briefly before leaving out to go run another errand around 9pm.

We then have Todd enter with his contradiction of the report saying that he and his wife were NEVER SEPARATED, but rather had been happily married for 7 years.. That LE statement that Katrina was living in Roscoe was absolutely UNTRUE AND FALSE.. That his wife had been out shopping til around 8pm Monday(10/22) and then arrived home at their residence where she only briefly stayed before telling him she had to run another errand around 9pm when she left their home..

To which LE was then asked by the media for their comment on Todd's rebuttal claiming LE were wrong in stating he and his wife were ever separated and that she had been living in Roscoe.. LE quite wisely IMO made the decision to state that they had zero comment on what Mr.Smith was claiming.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Problematic issues for me at this point were..
LE does NOT take lightly their words spoken to the public via the media.. Much different their words are extremely well thought out and intentional. When LE do choose to make public statements regarding facts of a case THEY DO NOT make statements that are "iffy", unsubstantiated, etc.. Their statements are established facts and it is exactly this that IMMEDIATELY drew suspicion in the direction of Todd.

it was one thing for Todd to come forward with contradictory information(which for me personally was enough to spark alert in me), but when LE was asked about Todd's public contradictory claim their answer spoke volumes in stating they had zero to say about his claim.

This set off the loud warning bells for me because LE without missing a beat kept steadfast to what they knew was an established fact, Katrina and Todd were and had been separated and Katrina was and had been no longer residing at the marital residence with Todd in Machesney Park.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This may seem to some like nothing more than a minor mistake, miscommunication, irrelevant error with no meaning, but for me it in essence went to the very heart of what Todd Smith's motive was for feeling the need to lie to the public in claiming a secure, very much cohesive and together partnership in marriage with Katrina..

It was as they say the beginning of the end of Todd being an innocent, uninvolved victim in this case.(for me personally it was).. As I said I totally understand that some may not look at it like this way at all and I am fine to agree to disagree..

IMO the point of no return came quickly thereafter Todd had made the decision to vehemently deny and contradict that he and his wife were living apart..

Why then would he have not sounded the alarm bells to if not LE, then atleast to family and friends that Katrina NEVER RETURNED HOME the night of Monday the 22ND when just going out to run an errand?

Instead almost 24hours pass (at that point her employer, friends, and family now are aware and concerned) before Todd goes to none other than the Roscoe Police Dept to file the missing persons report. If she truly resided there in the marital residence with him in Machesney Park why in the world would he go thru the Roscoe LE to report her missing?

This issue very much confirmed what LE already had stated as fact, Katrina and Todd were separated, living apart with her residing in Roscoe..

Todd's "story" was falling apart right before the eyes of the entire public, LE, and most importantly right before the eyes of those who truly do love Katrina the most, her family and friends..

There are many other issues that have come into play, but for me it became clear all the way back at nearly the beginning of this nightmare that Todd Smith IMO was extremely likely to be involved and responsible for why Katrina was no longer here..

IMO its only a matter of time before LE get their t's crossed and their i's dotted on the arrest warrant for Todd Smith.. I know that it is the last thing that people who know and love both Todd and Katrina want to believe..but IMO sadly I believe it is Todd that is at the heart of this nightmare unfolding as we speak..

All jmo, tho.

**Rest In Peace Sweet Katrina**

I am not very good at writing what I am thinking, but I will give it a go....the fact that there were no pants on her, and her being tossed either into the river or put near that log, speaks volumes to me. Rage. Personal rage. It just strikes me that who ever did this, staged the car, purse, phone, etc. and her body with no pants, the ultimate humility. Sorry, just my 2 cents...

I am so saddened that this was Katrina....

I just got home from my Dear Hubby's older sister's "Final Goodbye" ...It was a beautiful tribute for a beautiful sister. (I hate Cancer...If any of you smoke...PLEASE STOP....for the sake of your family and friends..72 is just too young to die!...sob..sob!)

My broken heart goes out to the family and friends of Katrina....she looked like the kind of person who was always smiling and giving of herself to help others! I would have liked to have had her for a friend!

Let us hope and pray that there will be "Justice For Katrina!"

May the person or persons who robbed this Beautiful Lady of her Life....be arrested and given the worst possible punishment!

Rest In Peace...Katrina A. Smith & Rowena B. (9/15/1940-11/3/12)..May You Walk the Golden Streets Together!

Very well stated Smoothoperator! All are very valid and hinky making points! The zero statement from the police, to me says he (hubs) is under the watch. I just don't understand why, if a marriage is over, the wife moves out, why not just divorce?????

I really would like to know if Todd does in fact have atleast alibis secured for any time during the night, over night, and early morning hours of Monday/22nd-Tuesday/23rd?

This, for me, would better help gauge the likelihood of whether or not there are in fact any accomplices involved in conspiring, before, during, or after the murder..

Something tells me there is a level of premeditation involved with Katrina's murder..jmo
And in such it would be quite likely that he did establish a nice, tight alibi for a good amount of the most important time in question..

I believe he went to great lengths to do this "right" as in not killing her in the home, but rather setting a stage elsewhere, and luring her somehow into that trap.. So in theorizing along that train of thought I am lead to believe it is likely there is an accomplice involved to some degree..

If that were to be the case I can see LE taking the route of determined to attempt turning that accomplice(ie.the little fish) to flip on Todd(ie.the big fish) thereby procuring a much much more likely successful conviction than LE/DA having to prove beyond reasonable doubt the involvement of BOTH..

Just some thoughts..

I don't believe anyone is even staying at Tetterhall anymore.

True, Scadder. In light of the fact that the house was in Katrina's name only, and her maiden name, at that. I don't think the husband and stepdaughters will be living there much longer. MOO

See: http://treasurer.wincoil.us/

"Owner Address

NALEVAC KATRINA....."

Maybe Katrina knew/found about the gas leak/explosion/fire from decades ago and was terrified/afraid to sleep in her own house??? Maybe she put the pieces together or through the legal process of the financial scam was enlightened of the name change and family history or her husband's past?? I think 15 years is a fairly significant gap in age differences, maybe not so much at 30 and 45, but definitely at 23 and 38....... MOO

True, Scadder. In light of the fact that the house was in Katrina's name only, and her maiden name, at that. I don't think the husband and stepdaughters will be living there much longer. MOO

See: http://treasurer.wincoil.us/

"Owner Address

NALEVAC KATRINA....."

Well I had meant that 2 of the girls are in college, the other with mom and reports are that Todd wasn't even staying at the house since Katrina went missing.

i dont think there is some crazed nut case that wants to hurt todds children....moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse