IL IL - Kierra Coles, 27, pregnant, Chicago, 2 Oct 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Who is Joy Reid?
She has a show on MSNBC, and at one time, when Gabby Petito’s case got so much attention, she had something to say about all of the media attention there is when it’s a pretty, young white woman missing. Apparently, she is part of the problem, too, because she won’t do something as simple as mentioning that a pregnant Kiera Cole’s is missing, and foul play is is likely the reason.

I really wish someone with a high profile would adopt this woman’s case, so her family could find out what happened to her and her baby. Who might do this?
Kiera’s family have been great at trying to keep the word out, but I think something like a Dateline or 48 Hours special might generate some interest.

CPD Cold Case: New video about missing woman Kierra Coles​

Chicago police are keeping a missing postal worker's case in the spotlight, three-and-a-half years after she vanished.
CHICAGO - Chicago police are keeping a missing postal worker's case in the spotlight, three-and-a-half years after she vanished.

On Monday, CPD released a video about the cold case of Kierra Coles and are again asking the public for any information that might help find her

Last edited:
"At approximately 10:43 p.m., Kierra Coles was seen on surveillance video making two ATM withdrawals at a business in the 8600-block of South Cottage Grove," CPD Homicide Lieutenant William Svilar said. "Kierra, postal worker, who was three months pregnant, exited the business three minutes later. These are the last recorded images of Kierra."

"During the course of that night, Kierra entered her residence in the 8100-block of South Vernon," Lieutenant
Police said less than an hour later, that same vehicle was seen parking in another area of the city. The person of interest gets out of the passenger side of the car, but no one exited the driver's side.

"The next day, the person of interest is seen parking Kierra's vehicle near her residence before entering the building and exiting with unknown items," Svilar said.

The man was then seen driving off in his vehicle parked on the street overnight.

When he was questioned, police said he gave varying accounts of the last time he saw her.
Svilar said. "A man who police identified as a person of interest also arrived and entered the residence. Kierra and the man later got into her car and drove off with Kierra in the driver's seat."

Minutes later, Kierra was seen on the surveillance video using the ATM.
more at link:

Police have released video footage of Kierra Coles taking money out of an ATM hours before she went missing on Oct. 2, 2018.

Police have released video footage of Kierra Coles taking money out of an ATM hours before she went missing on Oct. 2, 2018

"At approximately 10:43 p.m., Kierra Coles was seen on surveillance video making two ATM withdrawals at a business in the 8600-block of South Cottage Grove," CPD Homicide Lieutenant William Svilar said. "Kierra, postal worker, who was three months pregnant, exited the business three minutes later. These are the last recorded images of Kierra."

"During the course of that night, Kierra entered her residence in the 8100-block of South Vernon," Lieutenant
Police said less than an hour later, that same vehicle was seen parking in another area of the city. The person of interest gets out of the passenger side of the car, but no one exited the driver's side.

"The next day, the person of interest is seen parking Kierra's vehicle near her residence before entering the building and exiting with unknown items," Svilar said.

The man was then seen driving off in his vehicle parked on the street overnight.

When he was questioned, police said he gave varying accounts of the last time he saw her.
Svilar said. "A man who police identified as a person of interest also arrived and entered the residence. Kierra and the man later got into her car and drove off with Kierra in the driver's seat."

Minutes later, Kierra was seen on the surveillance video using the ATM.
more at link:
Wow!!! Poor Kierra! It sounds like they "know" who did it, just can't make it stick. It's so obvious :(

Police eventually questioned a man, identified as a “person of interest,” who was seen parking outside Coles’ apartment, WGN said. He gave several different accounts of what happened, police said, but was never charged.

Phillips said she is hopeful for answers for other families as well as her own, according to WGN.

“I pray every day that she is safe, I hope that her child is with her, I hope they’re both doing OK,” Phillips said. “I just hope, soon, that this will be over.”

"A man, who detectives identified as a person of interest, also arrived and entered the residence," Lt. William Svilar said in the video. "Kierra and the man later got into her car and drove off -- with Kierra in the driver's seat."

At about 10:43 p.m. that night, Coles was spotted on surveillance video making ATM withdrawals -- the last known images of her, according to Svilar.

"Less than an hour later, [Coles'] vehicle was seen arriving and parking in another area of the city," Svilar said. "The person of interest exits the passenger side of the vehicle, but nobody exits the driver's side."

The next day, on Oct. 3, "The person of interest is seen parking Kierra's vehicle near her residence before entering the building and exiting with unknown items," Svilar said.

The person of interest "then drives away in his personal vehicle that was parked on the block overnight," Svilar said.

Svilar said in the video, "When officers questioned the person of interest after Kierra was reported missing, he gave varying accounts of the last time he saw her."

Police won't identify their person of interest. But Phillips told ABC News that Coles' boyfriend lied to her about when he last texted the 26-year-old. The boyfriend could not be reached by ABC News for comment.

Phillips said she always knew the ATM and car surveillance footage existed, but hadn't seen it until now.

"Just seeing her walking, in person, was heartbreaking," Phillips said Thursday.

Police said this video showing newly made public footage from Coles' case is part of a "series launched last month to tell the stories of homicide victims in hopes of solving their cases." The department said "each episode focuses on a different case, with the goal of generating tips that could possibly lead to a break in the case, and in turn, an arrest."

CPD Cold Case: New video about missing woman Kierra Coles​

Chicago police are keeping a missing postal worker's case in the spotlight, three-and-a-half years after she vanished.
CHICAGO - Chicago police are keeping a missing postal worker's case in the spotlight, three-and-a-half years after she vanished.

On Monday, CPD released a video about the cold case of Kierra Coles and are again asking the public for any information that might help find her
I am pretty amazed that it took over 3 years for this video to be made public, all the while the only information the public had was she was last seen in her USPS uniform leaving her residence, which obviously is NOT the last time she was seen. Her boyfriend and his pregnant wife moved to another state shortly after Kierra disappeared and there's been no other news on the case locally.

I am pretty amazed that it took over 3 years for this video to be made public, all the while the only information the public had was she was last seen in her USPS uniform leaving her residence, which obviously is NOT the last time she was seen. Her boyfriend and his pregnant wife moved to another state shortly after Kierra disappeared and there's been no other news on the case locally.
Was that video of her in her uniform really her or someone else? I remember reading that it was another post office worker that was mistaken for her… Was it the morning after this ATM withdrawal or the morning of it? Because I don’t think it could have been after according to these more recent videos.

Was that video of her in her uniform really her or someone else? I remember reading that it was another post office worker that was mistaken for her… Was it the morning after this ATM withdrawal or the morning of it? Because I don’t think it could have been after The ATM video referenced in this latest link in the thread is stated to be the evening of the 2nd, with a POI returning the vehicle without her to her residence the morning of the 3rd.
The mother of Kierra said the woman in the postal uniform on the original video was not her daughter. I believe the link above says the ATM video was the 3rd of October. EXCLUSIVE: Mother of Missing Pregnant Postal Worker Kierra Coles Reveals Shocking Update Into Daughter's Disappearance

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back