Found Deceased IL - Kyrian Knox, 2, Rockford, 20 Aug 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm.... Actually, I can't think of any other cases where LE identified a body and then kept it a secret. Anybody else?

They keep it from the public until family is notified and sometimes until after an arrest is made. Thing is, they're testing for other children besides Kyrian and AFAIK they haven't announced results from any of them yet.

Isn't it all guess work anyways? If it was up to me I'd rather go to Chicago than back to Cedar Rapids. I've been there done that, and I'm not going back again. Of course Cedar Rapids beats the h@ll out of Marion.

From what I understand, she wasn't moving to her desired location, but for work.

Just getting caught up on more about Kyrian's case.

So from what I understand or read from the conflicting reports over the past week:

Mom was in the process of moving from one city in IA to another.

Mom was also starting a new job in her new city

Mom had to do some training for this new job, get household moved from one city to another

Mom and BFF decide to go to Chicago for a visit for a few days

Mom's BFF also has a child around same age as Kyrian, suggests her family member could watch both children as the friends are in Chicago and then while the move in IA is happening

Mom drops Kyrian mid August (around the 15th or the 17th) off at the friend's family member's home in Rockford (caretaker)

Some reports state that mom and friend stopped to check in on the kids on their return from Chicago to IA which may be the August 17th date origin and some report Kyrian was last seen on the date she dropped him off, also reported as the 17th by some outlets.

She phoned the caretaker once back in IA occasionally to speak to her son (but got no return feedback that specifically could ID Kyrian as the person on the other end of the phone) several times in the next several weeks.

She states timing was an issue for the caretaker when she made attempts to arrange to come get Kyrian.

She states the caretaker's GF indicated confusion one day when she attempted to make contact about Kyrian on 9-17 and then later received a call from LE that her child is reported missing. Some indications that the caretaker made the report to police. Caretaker is currently in custody over charges completely unrelated to Kyrian.

LE from Chicago is checking into possibility that Kyrian is the child whose dismembered remains were found in Garfield Park lagoon.

Mom feels strongly that her son is not that child.

DNA has been taken from mom in efforts to rule Kyrian out as that victim.

Do I have the gist?

So from what I understand or read from the conflicting reports over the past week:

Mom had to do some training for this new job, get household moved from one city to another

Mom's BFF also has a child around same age as Kyrian, suggests her family member could watch both children as the friends are in Chicago and then while the move in IA is happening

Mom drops Kyrian mid August (around the 15th or the 17th) off at the friend's family member's home in Rockford (caretaker)

Some reports state that mom and friend stopped to check in on the kids on their return from Chicago to IA which may be the August 17th date origin and some report Kyrian was last seen on the date she dropped him off, also reported as the 17th by some outlets.

She phoned the caretaker once back in IA occasionally to speak to her son (but got no return feedback that specifically could ID Kyrian as the person on the other end of the phone) several times in the next several weeks.

She states timing was an issue for the caretaker when she made attempts to arrange to come get Kyrian.

She states the caretaker's GF indicated confusion one day when she attempted to make contact about Kyrian on 9-17 and then later received a call from LE that her child is reported missing. Some indications that the caretaker made the report to police. Caretaker is currently in custody over charges completely unrelated to Kyrian.

LE from Chicago is checking into possibility that Kyrian is the child whose dismembered remains were found in Garfield Park lagoon.

Do I have the gist?

Spot on!

Pretty much. The article that Bessie posted at no. 403 days they dropped them off on the 18th, then went to Chicago, then checked up on them on the way back.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Do I have the gist?

That's what I've concluded also. Thank you the way you put it out there, leaving speculation and emotion out. Gives a better picture of the situation.

With that said, it wouldn't be fact, but strong suggestion that mom never picked little Kyrian up, and mom did indeed drop this baby off as stated?

I cannot think of any reason the caregiver would say 'this couple' picked Kyrian up if the mother had done so.

I'm very worried as to what happened to this baby, and how he was treated during his time away from mom. It's so upsetting, these babies need hugs, kisses, comfort, and a person to keep them safe. Why does this happen?

okay, got it. Dropped off on the 18th august and checked on on the 20th on return trip to IA. Thanks guys. I have been following the Garfield Park IUD and am just now trying to catch up on Kyrian due to the proximity and reports that LE are looking at him in relation to that case.

Kyrian's case sure has had some troubles with nailing down the facts and dates. I hope the little guy is somewhere safe. He has an adorable little smile.

okay, got it. Dropped off on the 18th august and checked on on the 20th on return trip to IA. Thanks guys. I have been following the Garfield Park IUD and am just now trying to catch up on Kyrian due to the proximity and reports that LE are looking at him in relation to that case.

Kyrian's case sure has had some troubles with nailing down the facts and dates. I hope the little guy is somewhere safe. He has an adorable little smile.
Oh! Where did you see that they checked up on them on the 20th? I've been looking for the date, hadn't seen it anywhere before.

So much bickering on the help find page. It has become useless. I'm so sad. People bashing mom, mom lashing out. It's a mess. Poor baby Kyrian gets lost in the shuffle, much like he did a month ago.

You should see it now :( :sigh:

saw it in an article from 9-23-15 in the chicago tribune titled "Police await DNA tests on whether missing Rockford boy is tot found in lagoon" but it looks like that article is no longer up? Here is a cached version.

Plus if he was dropped of on the 18th and checked on two days later that aligns with the 20th date as well.

But then the timeline on when all the players did what is pretty wishy washy as it is being reconstructed a month later so who really knows?

ETA You folks are way more acquainted with the facts on this one ;) That is why I am playing catch up. Going back now to reread the articles Bessie linked on this case to try to fine tune my timeline in my head for this one.

Pretty much. The article that Bessie posted at no. 403 days they dropped them off on the 18th, then went to Chicago, then checked up on them on the way back.

I wanna know what this friend has to say. I mean where they not togeather back In Iowa? Where they planning on picking the kids up togeather? Did the friend go alone to pick up her child?

I wanna know what this friend has to say. I mean where they not togeather back In Iowa? Where they planning on picking the kids up togeather? Did the friend go alone to pick up her child?
I agree. Many people have asked the family and friends on other sites in regards to KH watching both toddlers: "did your best friend/roommate pick up her baby?" And if so "Why did you not pick up your baby at that time?" No one is answering these questions. If it was not for these points I wouldn't be doubting mom so much. I just can't figure why the roommate/best friend would get her child, but the Mom didn't. Maybe the roommates baby was still with this guy? He is the roommates dad right? Ugh. I don't know. I understand not telling the public everything, but it sure would benefit the Mom if some of the rumors were cleared up. I think the DNA results will tell part of this story sadly.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I agree. Many people have asked the family and friends on other sites in regards to KH watching both toddlers: "did your best friend/roommate pick up her baby?" And if so "Why did you not pick up your baby at that time?" No one is answering these questions. If it was not for these points I wouldn't be doubting mom so much. I just can't figure why the roommate/best friend would get her child, but the Mom didn't. Maybe the roommates baby was still with this guy? He is the roommates dad right? Ugh. I don't know. I understand not telling the public everything, but it sure would benefit the Mom if some of the rumors were cleared up. I think the DNA results will tell part of this story sadly.

An article from the Chicago Tribune that I posted a few days back, and then someone posted the free version of the article, interviewed LK's mom. She said they had planned to pick up the kids last weekend, which I think was referring to weekend after he was reported missing. Since she said kids, or maybe it was boys, I assumed that she meant both the kids were still supposed to be under KH's care.

An article from the Chicago Tribune that I posted a few days back, and then someone posted the free version of the article, interviewed LK's mom. She said they had planned to pick up the kids last weekend, which I think was referring to weekend after he was reported missing. Since she said kids, or maybe it was boys, I assumed that she meant both the kids were still supposed to be under KH's care.
So I wonder if that means that her best friends child was still there with KH when mom found our Kyrian was missing? That would make a bit more sense to me. I really want this mom to be guilty of nothing more than poor judgement. Shes barely 25, this has got to be devastating. I hate to think she had a hand in harming her own son.

So I wonder if that means that her best friends child was still there with KH when mom found our Kyrian was missing? That would make a bit more sense to me. I really want this mom to be guilty of nothing more than poor judgement. Shes barely 25, this has got to be devastating. I hate to think she had a hand in harming her own son.

That is what I take it to mean, that both kids were still supposed to be there but only the friend's baby was there. I don't think mom made Kyrian disappear because you would think that would be easy enough for LE to verify, right? There are multiple parties involved, LK, her bff, bff dad KH, and KH lady friend. I don't think bff would cover for LK since the other person involved is her dad and I don't think KH would cover for LK. I hope that makes sense...

However, with all these other stories of missing toddlers, I am not ruling anything or anybody out.

Oh, and it was on the Find Kyrian page but it looks like that post was deleted, I saw mom say that DNA was going to take 7 days. 7 days would be tomorrow, right?

That is what I take it to mean, that both kids were still supposed to be there but only the friend's baby was there. I don't think mom made Kyrian disappear because you would think that would be easy enough for LE to verify, right? There are multiple parties involved, LK, her bff, bff dad KH, and KH lady friend. I don't think bff would cover for LK since the other person involved is her dad and I don't think KH would cover for LK. I hope that makes sense...

However, with all these other stories of missing toddlers, I am not ruling anything or anybody out.

Oh, and it was on the Find Kyrian page but it looks like that post was deleted, I saw mom say that DNA was going to take 7 days. 7 days would be tomorrow, right?

Yes. I hope we hear something soon!

Who exactly thwarted her attempt to see her child at any time? Start there.

Who exactly thwarted her attempt to see her child at any time? Start there.

I don't think there is an answer to that because there are mixed reports on how long he was supposed to be in KH's care. But I do believe in one article, LK said that when she made attempts to set u a time to see Kyrian, KH had a reason why that was not a good time. I am under the impression that LK does not have her own vehicle so perhaps there were only certain times she could get a ride there and KH had excuses as to why they would not be home but that is just MOO and speculation. Another of MOO is that LK didn't actually make any attempts to go visit Kyrian but thinks she needs to say she did so she doesn't look bad.

This may have been posted before but I noticed on Kyrian's NCMEC it says that the man or woman who Kyrian may be with may travel to the Midwest...hmmm

I also noticed that the last seen date has been changed from the 28th to the 20th. I wonder who confirmed the date as the 20th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member