IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a local and live a few minutes from the crime scene. I have been lurking on this thread and decided to sign up for an account. I agree 100% that they shouldn't be discussing details of the case. This coroner had no business releasing that detail without consent. They are purposely withholding key details because someone will slip up eventually that knows details that were not made public. I believe the Brown's Chicken Murders killer was caught years ago because a witness who testified against him knew a key detail that was never released (that a person vomited on the floor as they were dying). GI Joe is Dead.. It doesn't really help the public if it was his head or any other place. He is still dead. Although this investigation seems a bit uncontrolled, but need to let them do their jobs.

ttp://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Fox-Lake-Police-More-Than-One-Shot-Fired-the-Scene-326489861.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_CHBrand

Coroner’s Comments Put 'Entire Case at Risk': Police

"The Lake County Sheriff’s Office said Thursday that evidence in the fatal shooting of a veteran Fox Lake, Illinois, police officer “supports our investigation that more than one shot was fired at the scene.”

Police didn’t reveal how many shots were fired at the scene of Lt. Joseph Gliniewicz’s death, “as it is confidential information critical to the investigation. Lake County Major Crime Task Force Commander George Filenko also commented that the coroner "releasing information which is sensitive to this investigation, puts the entire case at risk."

More at link.

I'm glad the ME spoke out. Nothing he said is putting the case at risk, but the way LE is handling this is. SMH.

Lake County Authorities Blast Coroner For Talking About Officer’s Death Amid Investigation
September 10, 2015 4:37 PM

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/09...ast-coroner-for-talking-about-officers-death/

(CBS) – Lake County police officials have blasted Coroner Thomas Rudd for releasing information to the media about the fatal shooting of Fox Lake Police Lt. Joseph Gliniewicz.

Rudd told WBBM earlier this week Gliniewicz, 52, died of a single gunshot wound and died “fairly quickly.” The officer died Sept. 1 after he radioed he was in pursuit of three men. No arrests have been made.
The coroner said his office has not ruled out the possibility of suicide or accident, pending further forensic test results.

On Thursday, the Lake County Sheriff’s Office issued a news release in response, saying the Lake County Major Crime Task Force is “continuing to move forward” with federal authorities in pursuing leads in the officer’s death. This includes DNA material found at the scene of the officer’s death. Officials said it was inappropriate for Dr. Rudd to comment on the case at this time.

“Releasing information which is sensitive to this investigation puts the entire case at risk. All of the progress made since this tragic incident is potentially in jeopardy,” Task Force Cmdr. George Silenko (sic) said in a written statement.​

I am unaware of any progress, but that's just me. It just gets fishier and fishier as I see it.

I hope the kinks with the WS server get worked out soon. It is still acting up.

Lake County Authorities Blast Coroner For Talking About Officer’s Death Amid Investigation

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/09...ast-coroner-for-talking-about-officers-death/

(CBS) – Lake County police officials have blasted Coroner Thomas Rudd for releasing information to the media about the fatal shooting of Fox Lake Police Lt. Joseph Gliniewicz.

Rudd told WBBM earlier this week Gliniewicz, 52, died of a single gunshot wound and died “fairly quickly.” The officer died Sept. 1 after he radioed he was in pursuit of three men. No arrests have been made.
The coroner said his office has not ruled out the possibility of suicide or accident, pending further forensic test results.

On Thursday, the Lake County Sheriff’s Office issued a news release in response, saying the Lake County Major Crime Task Force is “continuing to move forward” with federal authorities in pursuing leads in the officer’s death. This includes DNA material found at the scene of the officer’s death. Officials said it was inappropriate for Dr. Rudd to comment on the case at this time.

“Releasing information which is sensitive to this investigation puts the entire case at risk. All of the progress made since this tragic incident is potentially in jeopardy,” Task Force Cmdr. George Silenko
(sic) said in a written statement.

I am unaware of any progress, but that's just me. It just gets fishier and fishier as I see it.

I hope the kinks with the WS server get worked out soon. It is still acting up. I just switched from my iPad to my computer to try for the third time to get this posted.

Knew this was coming, ugh.

More at link: http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...-police-shooting-met-0911-20150910-story.html

'Police blast coroner for releasing details on Fox Lake officer's death'

Law enforcement authorities in Lake County say the investigation into last week's shooting death of a Fox Lake police officer remains as active as ever, as they criticized the county coroner for releasing information they said "puts the entire case at risk."

"(Lake County Coroner Thomas) Rudd's actions are completely outside of policy, procedure, protocols, and are completely unprofessional," Undersheriff Ray Rose said in a news release. "The Coroner should not release sensitive case information while an investigation is still underway, it's completely irresponsible."

Knew this was coming, ugh....

More at link: http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...-police-shooting-met-0911-20150910-story.html

Law enforcement authorities in Lake County say the investigation into last week's shooting death of a Fox Lake police officer remains as active as ever, as they criticized the county coroner for releasing information they said "puts the entire case at risk."

"(Lake County Coroner Thomas) Rudd's actions are completely outside of policy, procedure, protocols, and are completely unprofessional," Undersheriff Ray Rose said in a news release. "The Coroner should not release sensitive case information while an investigation is still underway, it's completely irresponsible."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...-police-shooting-met-0910-20150909-story.html

The gunshot that killed Fox Lake Lt. Charles Joseph Gliniewicz was to his torso, Lake County Coroner Thomas Rudd said Thursday.

Rudd had said Wednesday that the 52-year-old officer died of a single devastating gunshot wound but he did not say where the officer was shot. He offered the new information Thursday morning, he said, to dispel rumors. Reports from local media that Gliniewicz suffered a wound to the back of his neck are inaccurate, Rudd said.

also: Lake County coroner jeopardizing Fox Lake investigation, police say

http://abc7chicago.com/news/police-coroner-jeopardizing-fox-lake-investigation/977112/

The head of the Lake County Major Crimes Task Force says the Lake County coroner is jeopardizing the investigation into Lt. Joe Gliniewicz's shooting death by releasing "sensitive information" to the media.

Thank you for the link. My eyes about fell out of my head when I read:

"Three officers were present at the autopsy performed later that night, officials have said. Rudd and Major Crimes Task Force Commander George Filenko have both stated they have not spoken directly to each other."

Can someone tell me if that is common to have so many officers in the autopsy room when a fellow officer has been killed? I am also wondering about the lack of communication between Filenko and Rudd. Is that typical in that type of professional relationship?

Many Thanks!

"Three officers were present at the autopsy performed later that night, officials have said. Rudd and Major Crimes Task Force Commander George Filenko have both stated they have not spoken directly to each other."

Can someone tell me if that is common to have so many officers in the autopsy room when a fellow officer has been killed? I am also wondering about the lack of communication between Filenko and Rudd. Is that typical in that type of professional relationship?

Many Thanks!

Many Thanks!

Anyone found this online? Haven't been able to locate video of it.

I tried to answer earlier but the WS went down (for me?).

For anyone who has Comcast, the segment is on On Demand under AC360 9/9.
The short coverage begins at 0:34 into the program.

Knew this was coming, ugh. Way to cooperate everyone!

I am a local and live a few minutes from the crime scene. I have been lurking on this thread and decided to sign up for an account. I agree 100% that they shouldn't be discussing details of the case. This coroner had no business releasing that detail without consent. They are purposely withholding key details because someone will slip up eventually that knows details that were not made public. I believe the Brown's Chicken Murders killer was caught years ago because a witness who testified against him knew a key detail that was never released (that a person vomited on the floor as they were dying). GI Joe is Dead.. It doesn't really help the public if it was his head or any other place. He is still dead. Although this investigation seems a bit uncontrolled, but need to let them do their jobs.

looking4OPH ~ AC360 9/9 is On Demand if you have Comcast. Fast forward to 0.34 mins.

WS isn't working for me today - hope post goes through.

“Releasing information which is sensitive to this investigation puts the entire case at risk. All of the progress made since this tragic incident is potentially in jeopardy,” Task Force Cmdr. George Silenko[/I] (sic) said in a written statement.

I hope the kinks with the WS server get worked out soon. It is still acting up. I just switched from my iPad to my computer to try for the third time to get this posted.

Now trying again for a fourth time after waiting a couple of hours while it was down again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13