IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep thinking who works out then commits suicide?

Someone who is going to commit suicide after working out and before going to work.

Maybe someone who had a plan to make it look like it wasn't a suicide.

Is it possible that with the Department kerfuffle, he felt nudged to retire and really didn't want to? Or could he have submitted his paperwork, thinking that the Chief post in Antioch was his for the taking?....even if that were so, couldn't he rescind the paperwork after someone else got the post? Lots of questions. JMO

A person who usually works out and plans to make his suicide look like a homicide later in the day and knows people will think "who works out and then commits suicide?"

Many people who are about to commit suicide also go about their day as usual so as not to draw attention.

I'm still on the fence on the suicide issue. While I know it's a possibility I'm not convinced yet. It's such a mess with the ongoing feud between Rudd and Filenko and I'm not so sure I trust either one of them at this point. They have both claimed that they're treating it as a homicide but investigating all possibilities, including suicide. Then we have these unknown, unnamed "sources" claiming the crime scene/evidence points to a suicide. Who do we trust? Who to believe?

Filenko said the toxicology results would be very relevant. Why? How does that fit with the facts we know? Do they think he purposely ingested something? Keep in mind this was said in the beginning when they were hopeful that the videos of the 3 men would turn out to be the suspects. Or do they think he was slipped something in his coffee or food by someone else?

If this was a suicide and the whole thing was staged, what officer with his years of service and experience would think the investigators and coroner wouldn't figure out? Would he actually take that kind of risk knowing how it could effect his wife and sons, both emotionally and financially?

I will accept whatever they determine after all results are in but I can't help but think it's possible that someone who was jealous of and hated CG could've set him up. Someone who would understand how investigations and forensics are handled and have a quick get away plan in place. It's bad enough if he was murdered but to have his reputation destroyed when he can no longer defend himself is even worse IMO.

Is it possible that with the Department kerfuffle, he felt nudged to retire and really didn't want to? Or could he have submitted his paperwork, thinking that the Chief post in Antioch was his for the taking?....even if that were so, couldn't he rescind the paperwork after someone else got the post? Lots of questions. JMO
I think he probably expected to get the Fox Lake job once Behan left as well and that didnt happen either. There is probably some local politics going on that kept him from moving up in that area.

I am still having a problem with the suicide theory. Of course I understand LE cant rule that possibility out just like they cant rule anything else out at this time.

This was an officer who had been on the force for 30 years and also in the Navy. I am sure through the years he had taken forensic classes covering different weapons used in murders. The shot to the torso or gut just makes no sense to me when considering suicide. Even I know from reading about criminal cases for decades a shot to the torso is not one that is considered a 'kill shot'. There is no assurance the person will die instantly or die at all and they can even live leaving them with major disabilities or they can live for awhile and gut shots are agonizingly painful.

I still haven't read anything that convinces me this officer committed suicide.

It even makes more sense to me that it may have been an accident rather than a suicide. He may have pulled his weapon when running after the suspects and somehow stumbled making the gun discharge striking him in the torso area.

I know his family will be glad when this is solved one way or the other. The speculation has to be very hard for them all.

IMO

Lol said the same thing.

I noticed that.

People who attempt suicide or commit suicide can follow their own logic that often makes no sense to people on the outside. But to me if he'd planned on killing himself at the start of his shift it wouldn't necessarily mean his day up to that point would be any different. Breakfast, teeth brushed, worked out, showered, gas tank full, etc.

Surely if there were three individuals there in that same area they would have left footprints? No? If there were footprints there it seems that we would have heard about them, no?

IDK I have looked around an from what I am reading most insurance policies have "suicide clause" which means they don't pay out. jmo idk It would be interesting to know. jmo idk

Most insurance policy's suicide clauses only go 2 years. They just don't want people taking out insurance and then kill themselves immediately afterwards.

Surely if there were three individuals there in that same area they would have left footprints? No? If there were footprints there it seems that we would have heard about them, no?

Well if there really were three people there and it was made public that they found footprints, what's the first thing the perps would do?

Could his age and rank have something to do with prohibiting him from being hired in for another department or Agency? Sheriffs Dept., State Police? Fed Depts? JMO

I am still having a problem with the suicide theory. Of course I understand LE cant rule that possibility out just like they cant rule anything else out at this time.

This was an officer who had been on the force for 30 years and also in the Navy. I am sure through the years he had taken forensic classes covering different weapons used in murders. The shot to the torso or gut just makes no sense to me when considering suicide. Even I know from reading about criminal cases for decades a shot to the torso is not one that is considered a 'kill shot'. There is no assurance the person will die instantly or die at all and they can even live leaving them with major disabilities or they can live for awhile and gut shots are agonizingly painful.

I still haven't read anything that convinces me this officer committed suicide.

It even makes more sense to me that it may have been an accident rather than a suicide. He may have pulled his weapon when running after the suspects and somehow stumbled making the gun discharge striking him in the torso area.

I know his family will be glad when this is solved one way or the other. The speculation has to be very hard for them all.

IMO

From what I have read this was not a gut shot. This was a shot to the upper chest.
You shoot the superior vena cava and aorta, which can be hit in one shot, and you do not survive.

These vital branches are why vests come up so high. The heart is below them and more central in the chest. A downward bulet would probably hit the heart and lungs as well. So if you know what you doing a chest shot is maybe better rhan a head shot.

Also you see a chest shot and you don't automatically think suicide (case in point your post) so it makes more sense if trying to fake homicide.

ok, this is a little cryptic but about the bb guns, what could an old cabin, or old factory be used for? say by

younger people. there are pictures out there. sleuth harder. no wish for tos vacation here.

If his report of the 3 suspicious people is true, he was pursuing them. They weren't pursuing him....so if he was set up, and they were the would-be assassins, someone must have made sure that he would go to the area before he checked in to work. I'm sure that the Task Force has checked his phone and computer.at least, I hope so. Maybe he got a tip the night before that something was going to go down at that location? Or maybe someone he saw after he left home at 6am told him that ? Then, you have to wonder why THREE people were there to do the job....JMO

I think he shot himself in the chest because there had already been discussions with his wife about wanting an open casket. I imagine a shot to the head might possibly be too disfiguring making an open casket not wise. JMO.

I think he shot himself in the chest because there had already been discussions with his wife about wanting an open casket. I imagine a shot to the head might possibly be too disfiguring making an open casket not wise. JMO.

That is a huge assumption to include his wife in on the conspiracy. :scared:

Only if one reads it that way. I said nothing about a conspiracy. Don't married people discuss their funeral desires?

ok, this is a little cryptic but about the bb guns, what could an old cabin, or old factory be used for? say by

younger people. there are pictures out there. sleuth harder. no wish for tos vacation here.
Maybe for shooting Zombies? I dunno, a little too cryptic for me.

The way I read it wasn't including the wife in the conspiracy. It read to me like the husband was trying to honor what he had once discussed with his wife.

<modsnip>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member