IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on Lt G's written communications w "LFL Executive" (Learning for Life, in Boy Scout/Explorer Post lingo), imo appears LFL is a BSA employee whose duties involve coordinating between BSA regional/dist/nat'l/intrnat'l ofc/HQ and the local Explorers Post, esp Post leaders, that "LFL" is a fulltime paid staff member of BSA. Does not appear LFL is a volunteer involved w Lt G's (or Fox Lake PD) Post.

ETA: In essence LFL was advising Lt G re which other local organizations (like Rotary) might be an approp. sponsor for the Post, as an alternative to FLPD.

Could be all wrong.

ETA2: In docs embedded here: http://www.lakecountyjournal.com/20...crutiny-over-police-explorer-program/al3hhzc/ Nov 4

I'm wondering if part of the reasoning for Lt.CG decision to stage his suicide as a murder besides hoping his family would benefit financially was also a big F.U. to those he had to know were investigating him? And wouldn't Lt.CG know this all would be found out anyway? More of a reason to say F.U. to those who he knew were going to take him down. What do you all think?

The biggest FU was to his colleagues, the way I see it. JMO

Wasn't there supposed to be a benefit concert soon, with I think a policeman singing? I wonder what will happen with that?

I'm wondering if part of the reasoning for Lt.CG decision to stage his suicide as a murder besides hoping his family would benefit financially was also a big F.U. to those he had to know were investigating him? And wouldn't Lt.CG know this all would be found out anyway? More of a reason to say F.U. to those who he knew were going to take him down. What do you all think?
n

IMO the theft was the big FU. His taking his life was the cowardly way of escaping the consequences of his actions.

One has to wonder why just under a 6 figure salary wasn't enough.....but then again for some no amount is ever enough.

It sounds sinister to me too! What or where is "volo bog!!!” Was Lt.CG going to plant the Village Administrator there?

As sinister as it sounds we at least know he took his own life before actually trying to carry out any real threats. So he's got that going for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What profession other than the military use the word "leave"? Schools usually call it summer 'break' or summer vacation. I don't know that there is any room for confusion on what profession is meant when using the word leave.

Prior military and those connected to it still use the term leave when referring to vacation a lot of the time. Even though my husband is no longer in the Corps, we both still refer to his vacation as leave. Habit after all of those years I suppose.

Didn't Filenko say at least two other individuals involved? That means there could be more than two involved.

Great! Thanks for this. It includes a timeline which is what many of us had been wondering about since the beginning.

Edited to add: I'm not hopeful that if the "three suspects" *hadn't* had what the investigation called "airtight alibis" we wouldn't have been having a completely different press conference at some point. It's lucky for them (and unusual!) that they were indisputably cleared by whatever purchase they chanced to make.

n
IMO the theft was the big FU. His taking his life was the cowardly way of escaping the consequences of his actions.
One has to wonder why just under a 6 figure salary wasn't enough.....but then again for some no amount is ever enough.

Why? IDK about Lt G.
As you say, for some, no amt is enough.
For some individuals, because the $ is there, and they think nobody's looking.
Sad, sad, sad for all.

What profession other than the military use the word "leave"? Schools usually call it summer 'break' or summer vacation. I don't know that there is any room for confusion on what profession is meant when using the word leave.

True but a military person might use the word "leave" in place of vacation in any case.
They get used to using terms specific to their profession no matter the subject matter. Another example would be asking what time it is and the reply being O 9 hundred.
Changing over to corporate lingo takes some time. You no longer have to salute your superiors!
Anyway, either way, who drove a truck and had summer "leave" coming up?

Some pent up anger is escaping me, sorry.

Thanks! I came across this site 2 months ago when researching this case (I'm only about 15 min from Fox Lake) and have been lurking ever since!

Thanks! I came across this site 2 months ago when researching this case (I'm only about 15 min from Fox Lake) and have been lurking ever since!

Welcome! Being somewhat local, what was your initial thought about this case, if you don't mind my asking?

Not that it is an excuse but do the texts seem to corroborate the fact that he had intended to pay the money back in that he felt he was just "borrowing" the money?

Sending his fellow LE on a wild goose chase might have been meant as the biggest F.U. If he had gotten away with it, the cherry was the extra payout for his family.

The scenario has me wondering if the three people he used as his suspects were or are explorers. Maybe they answered some questions providing evidence against Lt.G.

Not that it is an excuse but do the texts seem to corroborate the fact that he had intended to pay the money back in that he felt he was just "borrowing" the money?

No, IMO the texts seem to corroborate the fact he was trying to not get caught.

To me, it seemed as though he was trying to cover his tracks at that point and make it LOOK as though it was just borrowing.

jmo

I haven't had a chance to read all the latest updates and was just wondering if there is any chance at all that he got taken out in an attempt to make him the scapegoat for everything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95