IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm thinking that when I said I thought it would be much harder on the family after the press conference, I made the understatement of the year
:jawdrop:

“He was murdered:” Exclusive interview with Lt. Gliniewicz’s wife Friday on Crime Watch Daily
http://fox6now.com/2015/09/30/he-wa...t-joe-gliniewicz-friday-on-crime-watch-daily/

Even at the end of this video preview that you posted, one of the last things mentioned is his pension and how it would be in jeopardy if his death was ruled a suicide. Take note that his wife ONLY came forward and gave an interview when the rumors of suicide came to light, prior to that nobody heard a peep out of her.
It's all about the money.

Read back through the first thread, and came across this:

"What are the odds, 3 guys kill a cop less than 24 hours after he meets with the mayor to discuss his retirement and he moves it up from the end of the year to the end of the month. And then after a huge manhunt there really no information?

I hope they are processing the bullet asap to determine whether or not it came from the officers gun.
I hate even thinking this, but I can't help it when considering all the information made public."

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Fox-Lake-1-Sep-2015-1&p=12036772#post12036772

Way to go Cubby, suspicious right from the start!

I went back to the beginning because I thought I had remembered they mentioned waiting on toxicology results from the Lt. Now I guess it was mentioned because of the cocaine that had been found. At the time, it seemed odd to mention because it stating he was killed, but now it makes sense.

Congratulations on your new Head of State.

Thank You. Yes a bit of a trip down memory lane LOL. Sorry for my O/T yesterday when I lost my mind briefly LOL It's all good now. Wedding wise.

He should have simply been a man and own up to his embezzled endeavors after he retired. Now I'm sure a payment plan could have been implemented without the press or loss of pension or any real jail time.

We all can be embarrassed at any given time for any given thing. But that shouldn't warrant the killing of yourself to escape a felony charge that the DA would probably not seek years of jail time as long as you pay the money back or atleast try to pay it back.

So where is he now. How did this make the problems go away for the remaining family members who looked up to him as the alpha male who would always take care of them.

So I don't blame the family. But I do blame his thinking process of leaving them holding the bag of his embezzlement and suicidal shenanigans. Jmo

Not sure if this has been posted yet

AP - The Latest: Official says disgraced cop tried to set up hit

From the link:

"An official says an Illinois police officer who killed himself tried to arrange for a gang member "to put a hit" on a village administrator because he feared she would discover he had been embezzling money.Lake County Sheriff's Office spokesman Christopher Covelli also said Thursday that investigators found packets of cocaine in Fox Lake Police Lt. Charles Joseph Gliniewicz's desk after his Sept. 1 death."

Shepherd Smith on Fox just reported on this story, too.

They had pictures of Melodie and son. This whole thing just gets worse and worse.

And a restaurant owner (saw this yesterday) got a threatening phonecall because she put a sign in her window disparaging Joe.

He should have simply been a man and own up to his embezzled endeavors after he retired. Now I'm sure a payment plan could have been implemented without the press or loss of pension or any real jail time.

We all can be embarrassed at any given time for any given thing. But that shouldn't warrant the killing of yourself to escape a felony charge that the DA would probably not seek years of jail time as long as you pay the money back or atleast try to pay it back.

So where is he now. How did this make the problems go away for the remaining family members who looked up to him as the alpha male who would always take care of them.

So I don't blame the family. But I do blame his thinking process of leaving them holding the bag of his embezzlement and suicidal shenanigans. Jmo

There was no way he was going to continue on with life if everyone didn't have him on a pedestal. That fall from grace is mighty hard for some. jmo

Shepherd Smith on Fox just reported on this story, too.

They had pictures of Melodie and son. This whole thing just gets worse and worse.

And a restaurant owner (saw this yesterday) got a threatening phonecall because she put a sign in her window disparaging Joe.

Wth. The cop who got arrested for outing joe is a hero to a point. He obviously knew certain things but he just went about it the wrong way.

But since it seems like most of the department knew of LT G proclivities and embezzled endeavors; Then the ones who didn't speak up should pay the price as well.

I truly think that all suspects should have their cases relooked at.

Especially the ones who had pretty girlfriends that LT G may have wanted to sleep with. Jmo.

I went back to the beginning because I thought I had remembered they mentioned waiting on toxicology results from the Lt. Now I guess it was mentioned because of the cocaine that had been found. At the time, it seemed odd to mention because it stating he was killed, but now it makes sense.

Maybe CG was using, too. Could explain why he always seemed so energetic, upbeat and wide-eyed.
And why the family was so in debt. Or was he able to obtain the cocaine free of charge by blackmailing dealers. He was capable of anything, it seems.

Maybe CG was using, too. Could explain why he always seemed so energetic, upbeat and wide-eyed.
And why the family was so in debt. Or was he able to obtain the cocaine free of charge by blackmailing dealers. He was capable of anything, it seems.

I didn't get to watch the presser. Did they release any toxicology results?

Did you know where they are registered? I checked WalMart, did not see them on wedding registry. Back on topic.

Check the 1033 program for surplus war weapons, maybe they registered there......

Why didn't joe simply hire a hitman to kill him and then call in other suspects that didn't match the actual killer.

Why use your own gun. Wth. He was not clearly thinking.

Any hitman would have jumped at his proposal. Wth. Jmo

Not sure if this has been posted yet

AP - The Latest: Official says disgraced cop tried to set up hit

From the link:

"An official says an Illinois police officer who killed himself tried to arrange for a gang member "to put a hit" on a village administrator because he feared she would discover he had been embezzling money.Lake County Sheriff's Office spokesman Christopher Covelli also said Thursday that investigators found packets of cocaine in Fox Lake Police Lt. Charles Joseph Gliniewicz's desk after his Sept. 1 death."

Packets of cocaine in his desk. Interesting. Those could explain why he had money problems, or they could have been part of his carefully stage suicide to make it look like someone on the inside had it out for him. I wonder if this info along with the ongoing criminal investigation into his wife and son are why we never heard anything on the toxicology reports.

Why didn't joe simply hire a hitman to kill him and then call in other suspects that didn't match the actual killer.

Why use your own gun. Wth. He was not clearly thinking.

Any hitman would have jumped at his proposal. Wth. Jmo

That's a great point. He clearly knew some shady people.

I wonder how long he had been planning the fake suicide. Did he decide to do it the night before? That morning? Or had it been in the works for some time?

Did he act any differently towards his friends or family leading up to it?

jmo

Is there anything that he didn't do? I wondered about the Denny Hastert business early on, because of his obsession with the Explorers. But I have not heard any buzz about that, so I guess not. JMO

That's a great point. He clearly knew some shady people.

I wonder how long he had been planning the fake suicide. Did he decide to do it the night before? That morning? Or had it been in the works for some time?

Did he act any differently towards his friends or family leading up to it?

jmo

Yeah, I wonder if all the incriminating texts were deleted shortly after they had been exchanged, or if he deleted many shortly before he killed himself. I mean, I know that he obviously was deleting along the way, considering this was goign on for 7 years, but I just wonder if he was sitting there that morning cleaning up the last bit of evidence on his phone. Maybe he had fleeting thoughts about committing suicide, but not to the point of planning it all out until just the morning of. He knew that they were about to find out about everything he had been doing with the Explorers money, and he may have just made the decision to kill himself that morning. That would explain not removing the coke packets from his desk, since he didn't go in to the station that morning.

So he kills himself and then leaves his family holding the bag, so to speak. You can't tell me that with that many years in LE he didn't know they could retrieve deleted texts. I mean, honestly! You don't even have to be in LE to know that! Hopefully we will soon hear the extent of his family's knowledge of all of this.

The post that Cubby is referring to is the post where I stated that the chances of Gliniewicz committing suicide were about the same as the chances that I would marry Madonna someday. I had a feeling you'd be making contact.

Can you believe it Cubby ?? I never thought in a million years I'd be getting married to her, seeing how we have nothing in common and don't even know one another. All that aside, the wedding ceremony is planned for this coming Saturday at the peak of Mt. Everest. I've contacted the bride-to-be, and sent out about twenty thousand invitations to special guests. The guest list is mainly made up from members of the task force, the entire city of Fox Lake, Homeland Security employees, individual #1, Individual #2, Drew Peterson(in absentia) , and many others who kept things "close to the vest" and hidden from the public for the last 3 months, which resulted in this impromptu action.

Guest speakers will include George (I know nothing !!) Filenko, Denise Sharpe, the three men wrongly implicated in the "murder", and last but not least, Melodie and D.J. Gliniewicz.

Although thousands of people have been invited, we are realistically expecting a turnout of a dozen or so people, made up mainly of helicopter pilots and sherpa guides. Keep in mind Cubby, there's always the possibility that I will be left standing at the alter, so be prepared. All Websleuths members that enjoy watching me eat crow are also encouraged to attend. Saturday 2:00 p.m., Nepal India, peak of Everest.
Causal dress, snow boots and gloves encouraged.

Special thanks goes out to the Fox Lake Explorer post for the funding required to make this venture possible.

View attachment 83906
"Don't like jail ? How much ya' got in your wallet, punk !?"

Websleuths post if the day/week/month surely?!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Investigators found small packages of cocaine in the manager's desk, "not linked to any case that we could find," and believe Gliniewicz may have sought to frame the manager, Anne Marrin, as a drug criminal before she exposed him as an embezzler, the detective said.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/detective-illinois-cop-who-killed-himself-sought-hit-on-village-manager/

bbm Is this correct?
I think that was a mistake, because the article continues on, and states 'his' desk. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tinatrue