Found Deceased IL - Semaj Crosby, 16 mos, Joliet Township, 25 April 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If anyone is available to let me know when Anita is live again, and/or when the lawyer speaks, I would really appreciate it!

TIA guys :loveyou:

So first Samaj was alone with older children, now she was under the supervision of the paternal aunt, who had a child die under suspicious circumstances? Good grief. They need to just stop with the excuses.

The baby's paternal aunt. Who according to Anita, was supposed to be watching little Semaj when she disappeared.

If anyone is available to let me know when Anita is live again, and/or when the lawyer speaks, I would really appreciate it!

TIA guys :loveyou:

I'm still on her page so I will buzz you if/when I see something :)

So first Samaj was alone with older children, now she was under the supervision of the paternal aunt, who had a child die under suspicious circumstances? Good grief. They need to just stop with the excuses.

Different paternal Aunt. The one who had a child die lives out of state. This was corrected later but tbh who knows. I wouldn't take anything as concrete unless it comes from LE. MOO

They probably had to wait for a search warrant

LE had to know very early that this would end tragically.
It was said earlier today that a neighbor asked LE to search his house! But they were unable to search her own home the first day? That had to have put up red flags. But at the same time, if they can't get into the house, they have to keep searching outside of it.

I don't think they had to get a SW, it was said that the family (or just mother?) got a lawyer, and the lawyer accompanied LE during the search. It sounds to me as if there may have been some sort of negotiation needed for the family to authorize the search.

My gut tells me that per usual in these cases, every single person in that house knew exactly what it was.

The image of them all sitting on the damn couch makes me feel the same way. Literal coverup. It makes me want to puke.

So it is even true that a caseworker was at the house and saw the girl alive? I find this hard to believe.

I know LE needs search warrants for a reason but this is crazy. If you call to report a child missing they should have immediate access to that child's residence and location they went missing from- period. If they asked to search and were denied that would be the first red flag and they should have been able to get the search warrant then.

Yeah, in order to have any evidence found in the home be admissible in court, the proper process must be completed in gathering evidence inside the home. The police can't just search a home without consent or a warrant. If they didn't search the home on day 1, they were denied consent from the residents and waiting on a judge to sign off on a warrant.

LE had to know very early that this would end tragically.
It was said earlier today that a neighbor asked LE to search his house! But they were unable to search her own home the first day? That had to have put up red flags. But at the same time, if they can't get into the house, they have to keep searching outside of it.

I don't think they had to get a SW, it was said that the family (or just mother?) got a lawyer, and the lawyer accompanied LE during the search. It sounds to me as if there may have been some sort of negotiation needed for the family to authorize the search.

So it is even true that a caseworker was at the house and saw the girl alive? I find this hard to believe.

Caseworker was at the house at 3:20PM and did see Semaj.

According to the family, she went 'missing' an hour later, they looked for 2 hours and then called LE around 6:30PM.
If the family is telling the truth about this (which should be fairly easy to confirm, Mom said they went to the neighbors houses looking for her), then Semaj was dead within an hour of the caseworkers visit.

My thought at the time was that the mother's plea seemed off like she was padding out her speech - too many "I just" if you know what I mean.
"I just want my baby home," she told WGN-TV. "I just want her home, I just want to know she's safe. I just want to know she's OK."
Of course, it could mean nothing but it piqued my curiosity.

The reports to DCFS that were deemed unfounded may have been legitimate and someone was justly waving red flags to get attention on this household.

It is beyond disturbing if the mother is responsible or knew she was there while conducting an interview.
Equally disturbing is the possibility that others knew what happened to little Semaj and said nothing while a full-scale search was going on.
No one spoke up for her and allowed her an ounce of dignity in death. Nope, stuffed in a couch.

So allegedly the case worker was at the house just hours before this baby girl went missing.

DCFS had been at the home on April 25 at approximately 3:20 p.m. and had seen all three of the mother’s children including Semaj. There were no obvious hazards or safety concerns at that time.
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2017/04/27/missing-toddler-semaj-crosby-found-dead-joliet-township/

And yet... one of the family members Anita Padilla interviewed said the inside of the house was a dump. In fact she said it was so bad, she'd sooner go into the woods to use the bathroom, instead of using the bathroom in the house. So I have to wonder... did the caseworker actually go inside, or is the family member making stuff up?

Ugh... interviews with Mom have been shut down by her attorney.

Ok... DCFS was there, left around 4PM, confirmed by LE. At the time, Semaj was outside playing with other kids.

So allegedly the case worker was at the house just hours before this baby girl went missing.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2017/04/27/missing-toddler-semaj-crosby-found-dead-joliet-township/

And yet... one of the family members Anita Padilla interviewed said the inside of the house was a dump. In fact she said it was so bad, she'd sooner go into the woods to use the bathroom, instead of using the bathroom in the house. So I have to wonder... did the caseworker actually go inside, or is the family member making stuff up?

LEO just said the house was in deplorable conditions. (I am glad he addressed this because I was wondering what to believe.)

Autopsy is ongoing. Was hoping it would be completed by now and have COD

Being treated as a suspicious death at this time

There was an initial search of the house on Tuesday but due to witness statements that had seen Semaj outside and witness statements that Semaj had been seen walking down the street they believed she had wandered off.

Won't confirm where the body was found as it's an active investigation, just to say it was inside the residence

The home is described as deplorable

5-15 people live in the residence, most described as squatters

(dear lord)

House was in deplorable conditions.

At any given time, there were between 5 and 15 people living in the house. Most basically squatters. The attorney described everyone living there other than the 3 kids and Mom that way.

Home was rented. Owner lived in the local area.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmann420
Back