Recovered/Located IL - Sergio Brown, 35, Former NFL Safety, his mom Myrtle Brown was found dead & he is missing, Maywood, 14 - 16 Sep 2023 *arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Search for former NFL player continues after mother found dead; cause of death released.

I think she might have tried to talk him out of something I also think he must have lost control and possibly had a hand in her death. Maybe something else if he already had a backup plan if things went left if he already had a place to retreat. If so, we’ll probably hear heartbreaking news of self-harm. Sooner or later…

JMO - there is surprisingly little information about SB’s life after NFL. 6 years in NFL should have made him a well-off man. Yet here he is, at 35, living with a 74-year-old mother in a nice-looking house, but not a mansion by all means. Doesn't have any business, any endorsements, nothing, otherwise it would be in Wikipedia. I wonder if SB had some type of a well-hidden disability and if mom was, essentially, his caregiver? In these cases, nefarious persons, assuming there could be money in the family, can manipulate a debilitated athlete into thinking he is strong enough and old enough and mom is standing in his way to independence.<modsnip - social media rumors are not allowed> I think his family might consider being more open about what was going on during these last 4 months in his life, or whether Sergio can be viewed as a vulnerable adult. It would be nice if the teams he used to play for could step in.

Last edited by a moderator:
JMO - there is surprisingly little information about SB’s life after NFL. 6 years in NFL should have made him a well-off man. Yet here he is, at 35, living with a 74-year-old mother in a nice-looking house, but not a mansion by all means. Doesn't have any business, any endorsements, nothing, otherwise it would be in Wikipedia. I wonder if SB had some type of a well-hidden disability and if mom was, essentially, his caregiver? In these cases, nefarious persons, assuming there could be money in the family, can manipulate a debilitated athlete into thinking he is strong enough and old enough and mom is standing in his way to independence. <modsnip - social media rumors aren't allowed> I think his family might consider being more open about what was going on during these last 4 months in his life, or whether Sergio can be viewed as a vulnerable adult. It would be nice if the teams he used to play for could step in.

I don’t know that he is necessarily that well off from being in the NFL. He was signed as an undrafted free agent meaning nobody wanted to draft him out of Norte Dame. When he was signed, he was originally on the practice squad. JMO

I don’t know that he is necessarily that well off from being in the NFL. He was signed as an undrafted free agent meaning nobody wanted to draft him out of Norte Dame. When he was signed, he was originally on the practice squad. JMO
I was thinking the same thing. He bounced around to 3-4 teams in 6 years. That's usually not a sign of a success story or someone who would be getting endorsements or big signing bonuses. And many athletes spend as much as they earn. I don't think he was targeted for his money. Hopefully he wasn't involved and turns up safe.

JMO - there is surprisingly little information about SB’s life after NFL. 6 years in NFL should have made him a well-off man. Yet here he is, at 35, living with a 74-year-old mother in a nice-looking house, but not a mansion by all means. Doesn't have any business, any endorsements, nothing, otherwise it would be in Wikipedia. I wonder if SB had some type of a well-hidden disability and if mom was, essentially, his caregiver? In these cases, nefarious persons, assuming there could be money in the family, can manipulate a debilitated athlete into thinking he is strong enough and old enough and mom is standing in his way to independence. <modsnip - social media rumors aren't allowed> I think his family might consider being more open about what was going on during these last 4 months in his life, or whether Sergio can be viewed as a vulnerable adult. It would be nice if the teams he used to play for could step in.
It appears he played for 5 different teams between 2010 and 2016. So he bounced around. No consistency so prob not a whole lot of money in terms of being an higher paid player, and certainly no stability. He then retired.
Perhaps the NFL is quietly helping with the search esp if he was still in touch with former teammates etc.
Tragic all around. May the Mom rest in peace Hopefully Sergio will be found safe and without incident. JMO

This man is NOT okay.
I seriously hope that he can be brought back safely from wherever he is.
Oh wow. I would say yes, he is in Mexico, imo. Something has set him off and definitely seems to be in some kind of mania as well as paranoia. I wonder if he has ever been diagnosed with any previous football injuries (concussion..)
The tragic thing, other than his mother being murdered, is, if he did do it and is having some kind of issue, he may not realize what he has done. Prayers for he and his family.

SEP 18, 2023
[...]

LJ, who lives down the street from Brown, told the Sun-Times Monday morning she was a good neighbor.

“She was just a nice lady, always friendly and very helpful,” LJ said.

He said he doesn’t know Sergio Brown well, but he would occasionally see him walking down their street talking on the phone.

“The whole thing is strange,” LJ said. “Something happens to your mother, and you’re nowhere to be found? That’s pretty strange.”

LJ said he saw police cars outside her home about a month ago, but he didn’t know why.

Brown’s body appears to have been found near a small nature walk along a section of Silver Creek, which cuts behind her house. Tall grass and wildflowers line the creek, and a cluster of trees border her backyard.

[...]

Oh wow. I would say yes, he is in Mexico, imo. Something has set him off and definitely seems to be in some kind of mania as well as paranoia. I wonder if he has ever been diagnosed with any previous football injuries (concussion..)
The tragic thing, other than his mother being murdered, is, if he did do it and is having some kind of issue, he may not realize what he has done. Prayers for he and his family.

The problem is, overt concussion may have less of an effect than a slew of frequent subconcussive head injuries.

Here is what Wikipedia writes about Mike Webster, the first football player in whom CTE was diagnosed. He was the legend, but please read about his post-retirement life. It was that of a bum, and not for lack of help.

With SB - could be Mexico, could be Hawaii, could be any country in the Caribbean. It is not even the paranoia per se that bothers me, it is the bizarre presentation and extreme disorganization.
Well, I hope he'll be brought back and get medical help.

The problem is, overt concussion may have less of an effect than a slew of frequent subconcussive head injuries.

Here is what Wikipedia writes about Mike Webster, the first football player in whom CTE was diagnosed. He was the legend, but please read about his post-retirement life. It was that of a bum, and not for lack of help.

With SB - could be Mexico, could be Hawaii, could be any country in the Caribbean. It is not even the paranoia per se that bothers me, it is the bizarre presentation and extreme disorganization.
Well, I hope he'll be brought back and get medical help.
That poor man, Mike Webster, he used electro shock weapons to put himself to sleep. I am just gobsmacked by that.

A new post appeared on an Instagram account that is believed to be run by Sergio on Monday. In the post, which was shared as a story, Brown makes vague statements regarding the FBI and Maywood police and claims that he thought his mother was on vacation.

“You just feel for the family, what they’re going through,” Angel Rivera, a neighbor who lives across the street from the Brown family said.

A new post appeared on an Instagram account that is believed to be run by Sergio on Monday. In the post, which was shared as a story, Brown makes vague statements regarding the FBI and Maywood police and claims that he thought his mother was on vacation.

“You just feel for the family, what they’re going through,” Angel Rivera, a neighbor who lives across the street from the Brown family said.
So, he has heard the news that his mother was murdered. Is he answering his phone now? Spoken with his family? Made plans to return home and be with them, maybe assist with his mother's service?

Why not?

Sigh. :(

Last edited:
Her son, Nick Brown, said his last conversation with his mother gave him hope.

“It’s a sad but hopeful time, and we will all get through this together. Mom always told me, ‘tough times don’t last’ and our last conversation about tough times being temporary is my beacon of hope,” he said.

“Mom, thank you for being strong, caring, diligent, fancy, funny, and for saving my art. I won’t let you down.”

So, he has heard the news that his mother was murdered. Is he answering his phone now? Spoken with his family? Made plans to return home and be with them, maybe assist with his mother's service?

Why not?

Sigh. :(
Who knows? I suppose, only him right now. I’m afraid that in itself is the answer. Either he’s truly in shock and won’t accept reality mom is dead, he’s having paranoid delusions or he did hurt his mom. Sergio’s statements about LE and the FBI lead me to wonder if he was already under investigation for something illegal. Maybe mom was trying to keep him from running?

OK, so hear me out! He’s clearly being very open about where he is and what he’s doing he’s not hiding. So what if he went to Mexico and people came to his grandmas house like he sang and did some bad things to try to get him for whatever reason. Wouldn’t this explain why they haven’t gone down to get him from Mexico yet?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bfwbnfts
Back