Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #152 *ARREST - Richard Allen*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I wondered if his plan was to kidnap one of the girls for a period of time for sexually motivated reasons but they fought back and were killed.

With the sharing of food, I wondered if there was financial difficulties.
I don't think he was rolling in dough, but I don't think there were financial difficulties. Their home is paid off and the bar owner said they were customers a few times a week. They could afford to buy stuff at the bar but perhaps not full meals every time. The meal sharing doesn't seem like a red flag to me, atm. jmo jmo jmo

Of course, we may find out differently. I often jump to the conclusion when men in this age range kill family members that a financial situation prompted it. But in this case, with two strangers as victims, I think it was due to long-brewing sick desires and not financial stress. jmo

jmojmojmo at the moment

That is quite the alias. As a retired banker, what I mean is, alias' are usually variations of a person's real name to include variations of maiden and previous married names for women. The few times I ran across a completely different unrelated alias it was usually hiding crimes or previous sketchy financial dealings. There were a lot of people who had no idea of their spouses hidden life. This made for some interesting discussions between them as they were sitting at my desk being turned down for a loan or mortgage.

I'm very curious to find what this alias is about.
I bet you have some great stories to tell! :)

Delphi murder suspect Richard Allen: Indiana town wants answers about man who 'blended in'

Bob Matlock, who owned JC's Bar and Grill until he closed it late last year, can't fathom how the regular patron he knew ended up in this position.

Allen and his wife came in three to four times a week, laughed with the other regulars, partook in the occasional somber conversation about what happened to the teens and how awful it must be for their families. Their families, too, were patrons of the bar, Matlock said.

The two suspect drawings released over the years hung on the bulletin board in the bar. There's a picture floating around Facebook of Allen standing near the drawings, Matlock said. No one ever thought there was a connection. Matlock is still skeptical.

"They were a good family couple," Matlock said of Allen and his wife. "That's what I guess was the biggest shock."
I guess that matches what DC said in the 2019 press conference when he said BG either lives in Delphi or close to it or has in the past and probably interacts normally with the community. There have been a number of stories about killers who have actually gone to the vigils of their victims and participated in them and/or helped pass out fliers and other material within the community to blend in.

Can't blame the bar patrons at all - depending on what RA looked like at the time, it's very easy to not make any connection there. Plus, local bias kicks in and while they may have thought the perp was in the area, it couldn't be any of their friends and from what this bar owner is saying, it's not like when the murders came up RA got quiet or standoffish or excused himself from the conversation.

Hmmmm... something small was (possibly) found in the fire pit area. a ring? a necklace? an SD card?

The other interesting thing is he was detained Wednesday.. I wonder if there were finger prints (on duct tape or bloody hands touches on the girls, etc.)

IMO: It was something tangible, physical and undeniably that was found on or before Wednesday that linked RA to the crime scene.
Anyone else shocked that RA's first hearing was held a done on Friday before the news broke? Talk about keeping it under wraps.

A flasher who lived in our neighborhood and who my dad once ran after “to kill” but didn’t catch…I met him several times, later, and each time, had the same self-doubt, “Are you sure it is the same?” “What if you are mistaken, he has nice parents?” Now I understand, had I told dad, this is the guy, my dad, the best defender of women ever, would have have smothered the dude without even doubting his seven-year-old daughter. And internally, I felt it and didn’t want my dad’s life to be over due to such a miserable creep, so my subconscious was actively suppressing the recognition. But this questions, “surely you are mistaken, it can’t be him?”, I remember as very intense and even irrational. It felt like looking at a binary star. And then we moved.

I am absolutely positive that even if RA’s wife could ask herself whether the man on the bridge was her husband of 20+ years, her subconscious actively suppressed the recognition process (and after all, neither of the sketches looked like him, and the voice, as I understand, was pretty generic). He was unpleasant and scary, so maybe fear played a role, too.

In short, don’t blame RA’s wife for what she probably had no power over.
If there were similar video of my husband walking, and audio of my husband's voice, I would 1000% know it was him. I can theorize about psychological mechanisms all I want, but I would know for sure. His gait, his clothes, his shape, his voice, no way I would not know. No way.

I don't think he was rolling in dough, but I don't think there were financial difficulties. Their home is paid off and the bar owner said they were customers a few times a week. They could afford to buy stuff at the bar but perhaps not full meals every time. The meal sharing doesn't seem like a red flag to me, atm. jmo jmo jmo

Of course, we may find out differently. I often jump to the conclusion when men in this age range kill family members that a financial situation prompted it. But in this case, with two strangers as victims, I think it was due to long-brewing sick desires and not financial stress. jmo

jmojmojmo at the moment
i think their bar visits also went hand in hand with the pool tournaments. The JC's place seemed to have pool tournaments

My current thought: KAK lured the girl(s) to the bridge for RA through the A_S's profile. While waiting for A_S on the bridge, the girls see RA approach and he does stand out as creepy, especially since they have cute A_S on their minds. Maybe RA approached and said something like, "Are you looking for that kid? I saw a guy who said he was waiting for someone - is that you? He's at the end of the bridge - I'll show you where I saw him." So, the girls go with him off the bridge and then he directs them, "Guys, down the hill."

IIRC, Kelsi said they could hear Libby on the recording responding to BG telling them to go down the hill with something like, "Huh?'" That would seem casual and appropriate if they thought BG was directing them to A_S. It would seem weird to go down the hill, but kinda plausible since they were there to meet A_S (assuming that is true) and BG seems to know where A_S is.

BRAINSTORMING. I'm speculating, and any ideas are subject to change as we learn more. I also think KAK was nearby, but how involved with the actual murders, IDK. Perhaps he took photos. ? JMO

jmo

These are the traffic violations:
In 2003 he had a seat belt violation in Miami County.
In 2005 he had a speeding ticket in Fulton County, Indiana.
In 2011 he had a speeding ticket in Jasper County, Indiana.

What else did you do Richard Allen aka Craigh Ross Rentfrow?

Great to see someone finally arrested and charged in this case! I hope and expect that they've got the right man and have a rock solid case against him.

I'm not surprised they said almost nothing at the press conference or that the AA is sealed. Preserving an untainted jury pool is going to be a struggle in this case. However, it is quite strange that we can't even see the charging document. I can't really think of many good reasons for that being sealed. I'd be surprised if the media isn't able to get that changed fairly quickly. The only justification I can possibly think of is that somehow some of the charges by themselves could provide notice to additional suspects who aren't yet in custody, but it's hard to make that argument while you're having a press conference announcing the arrest.
I am WAY behind in reading but want to comment on this one. In my state, they do not release the names of SA victims. So I wouldn't be surprised that the charging document is sealed to protect the girl's privacy. I know we all can speculate and assume what happened to these girls, but it is out of respect that their names and the acts against them are protected.

Yes, I wondered if his plan was to kidnap one of the girls for a period of time for sexually motivated reasons but they fought back and were killed.

With the sharing of food, I wondered if there was financial difficulties.
Looks like they were out doing things all the time, and paid off their mortgage, so imo it doesn't appear they were having money issues.

Is there a report about the staging?
I've seen them waffle back and forth began posing and staging.

In my opinion the bodies were posed.
But bodies can be posed for reasons other than for photos also. People tend to get stuck on the photos aspect (as do investigators) but sometimes it's just for momentary gratification. Nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member