Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #154 *Richard Allen Arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome back to the Delphi Murders discussion thread.

On the afternoon of Feb. 13th, 2017, best friends Abigail Williams and Liberty German were dropped off at a bridge in the town of Delphi. On Feb 14th their bodies were discovered around noon about 50 feet from the north bank of Deer Creek which is about 0.5 miles from the bridge.
The Sheriff's office gave a press conference on 4/22/19 and we have some solid information. Please take a look below

HERE IS THE NEW SKETCH FROM THE PRESS CONFERENCE ON 4/22/19

delphi-suspect-sketch-ht-jef-190422_hpEmbed_5x6_992.jpg

HERE IS THE NEW AUDIO. IT'S-A BIT LONGER THAN THE FIRST AUDIO:
https://www.in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_Audio_Edited_2019x3.wav

Here is the old audio in a loop:

http://www.in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_male_voice_loop.mp3

LATEST PRESS CONFERENCE 4/22/19

FOR MORE CLICK HERE FOR THE CARROL COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE FACEBOOK PAGE.

Anyone with information about this case, no matter how insignificant, is encouraged to call the Delphi Homicide Investigation Tip Line at
(844) 459-5786.

Information can also be reported by calling the Indiana State Police at(800) 382-7537, or the Carroll County Sheriff's Department at (765) 564-2413.

Information can also be emailed to Abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

video of press conference from 2017 02/22/17: https://www.facebook.com/NewsCenter1...4728963476130/

Let's do this. Let's commit to getting this killer's picture and voice out there any possible way we can.

Pictures of Abby and Libby

Link to post with all Threads #1-98 (Courtesy of margarita25)

Thread #99 Thread #100 Thread #101 Thread #102 Thread #103 Thread #104 Thread #105 Thread #106 Thread #107 Thread #108 Thread #109 Thread #110 Thread #111 Thread #112 Thread #113 Thread #114 Thread #115 Thread #116 Thread #117 Thread #118 Thread #119 Thread #120 Thread #121 Thread #122 Thread #123
Thread #124 Thread #125 Thread #126 Thread #127 Thread #128 Thread #129 Thread #130 Thread #131 Thread #132 Thread #133 Thread #134 Thread #135 Thread #136 Thread #137 Thread #138 Thread #139 Thread #140 Thread #141 Thread #142 Thread #143 Thread #144 Thread #145 Thread #146 Thread #147 Thread #148 Thread #149 Thread #150 Thread #151 Thread 152 Thread #153

Link to Media Maps & Timelines *No Discussion*
Link to Media Maps & Timelines #2 *No Discussion*

IMAGE Discussion Thread

Scanner Thread

Rules Etiquette & Information

Case map by skibaboo updated with grayhuze crime flow video

Grayhuze youtube channel
Murder sheet YouTube

Verified Insiders: None in this case at this time. Verified Professional, Member michael.gartley, is a Verified Expert in Imaging Science.

RULES OF THIS DISCUSSION

DO NOT post photos of random individuals (including persons featured in MSM articles about other area crimes) to compare to the images of unidentified suspect on the bridge.

PLEASE DO NOT POST PICTURES OF SEX OFFENDERS!

Do not sleuth family, PERIOD. This includes previous public records which have nothing to do with this case. They are victims here. Plain and simple.

If you feel you have a tip, by all means, phone it in. Do NOT discuss your tip here. Contact the authorities and give them time to follow your lead.

NOTE - per Tricia and Sillybilly’s 5.28.2021 post here, JBC as a poi is now open for discussion in the Delphi thread.

Added 12/12/21

For general discussion on KAK’s current case please use his thread.
IN, Peru - Kegan Anthony Kline, 27, arrested Aug 29, 2020, 30 Counts associated with CSAM

Last edited by a moderator:
A consolidation of ADMIN & MOD notes:

- Theorizing based on some known fact sourced from MSM or LE is fine, but speculation not based on known fact is not allowed.

- It is WS preferred policy to use initials only for anyone other than victims or perps.

- If you have questions about rules or moderation, please do not ask them on the thread. Just private message a Mod or Admin for clarification.

- Rumors are not allowed. If you can't link information to Websleuths approved sources, do NOT post it with "I read it somewhere" or "I'll find the link later ...".

- Sleuthing or discussing RSOs just because they are on the registry is not allowed. A thread specific exception may be made by Tricia or an Admin depending on geographical location in relation a crime.

- Photo alterations or side-by-side comparisons of unrelated pictures are not allowed.
Sleuthing and posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data, even if it is public, is not allowed and such posts will be removed, along with any posts that encourage such sleuthing. This also includes social media pages such as FB, LinkedIn, TikTok, Instagram etc.

However, statements made BY or ABOUT family members that are in MSM as facts of the case being reported may be reasonably discussed. The topic must still comply with the WS TOS.

DO NOT make random accusations about family members.
DO NOT make insinuations, suggest their involvement, trash, bash or attack them, or speculate negatively about family members or ANYone who has not been named as a suspect or POI.

- Speculation about RS’s possible involvement in other cases belongs in the OTHER CASES’ threads.

A Carroll County judge agreed to release more details about the arrest of a Delphi man charged with murder, while also asking state court administrators to help him deal with a brewing “storm” of requests following his order to keep important court documents sealed in the case.

HLN
@HLNTV

#DelphiMurders HLN EXCLUSIVE: Carrol County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby says before the arrest of Richard Allen, Leazenby "interacted" with Allen in the CVS where Allen worked and found him to be "very, very helpful."
@AJIden
reports.

I do feel for the guy. I'm sure hundreds of media outlets and podcasters are flooding his office with e-mails and calls when they're just trying to do their job. I wonder if they can just issue a blanket public statement that says all requests will be put on hold for the time being pending the outcome of the hearing. We will not respond to any requests until then.

I get the public's desire for this info - I really do. Heck, I want to know just as bad as anyone. But I also want all those responsible for this atrocity to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and if that means keeping the probable cause statement under seal for now, so be it.

Also have the strong sense that many requesting this info are doing so for personal gain to get clickbait for their podcasts, sites, etc. and report on true crime as a profit generator, not out of care for victims or their families. While I wish all those jackals would just go away, I've been around this long enough to know how it works.

HLN
@HLNTV

#DelphiMurders HLN EXCLUSIVE: Carrol County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby says before the arrest of Richard Allen, Leazenby "interacted" with Allen in the CVS where Allen worked and found him to be "very, very helpful."
@AJIden
reports.

I could do without reading that. Makes me sick for the sheriff to say something nice about a suspected child killer. JMO

Just my thoughts, I can’t imagine how some in LE there are feeling after finding out their suspect was literally under their nose.

And now for towns folk to realize they to had brushes with him af cvs or bar/restaurant, shooting pool.

Jmo

Someone mentioned being curious about why the FBI seems to have “bolted.” I share that curiosity but wonder if it has to do with the unrelated mess the FBI field office seems to find itself in these days. This news broke in summer 2021 I think. When did they start keeping a much lower profile in Delphi?

I could do without reading that. Makes me sick for the sheriff to say something nice about a suspected child killer. JMO
In the context, he was just expressing his shock over someone hiding in plain sight like this. Dude seemed like a normal and helpful guy, and he's probably guilty of a horrific double homicide involving children.

Someone mentioned being curious about why the FBI seems to have “bolted.” I share that curiosity but wonder if it has to do with the unrelated mess the FBI field office seems to find itself in these days. This news broke in summer 2021 I think. When did they start keeping a much lower profile in Delphi?
I think it's much more benign. Not much the FBI could provide anymore except helping to follow up on some tips. This is very much a local/state case with FBI providing support for things beyond ISP/CC's ability. Sounds like maybe once the Marshals stepped in with their additional capabilities, FBI stepped back.

There's no denying a strong correlation between the recent activity with KAK, and the arrest of RA. I'm still not at the causation point yet. RA could have been the sole actor here. We will find out soon enough.

MOO

I’m just floored to think that this deviant beast did such a good job of maintaining stable family & career & hiding for decades what was inside him - he has no record?! even that one domestic incident was nothing IMO, it sounds like he needed help with alcohol withdrawal, but his wife took him to the hospital so it doesn’t sound like he was violent with her JMO…

How is it possible that this person who consistently maintained such a good cover decided to risk throwing it all away by committing a mid-day, open air atrocious violent murder… against two local children that would get the entire community looking for their killer…. and didn’t even want to try to hide their bodies or move them or do anything at all to delay the crimes discovery…. and what’s more did it all just a mile from his own land?!?!!

What on earth!!

I’m just floored to think that this deviant beast did such a good job of maintaining stable family & career & hiding for decades what was inside him - he has no record?! even that one domestic incident was nothing IMO, it sounds like he needed help with alcohol withdrawal, but his wife took him to the hospital so it doesn’t sound like he was violent with her JMO…

How is it possible that this person who consistently maintained such a good cover decided to risk throwing it all away by committing a mid-day, open air atrocious violent murder… against two local children that would get the entire community looking for their killer…. and didn’t even want to try to hide their bodies or move them or do anything at all to delay the crimes discovery…. and what’s more did it all just a mile from his own land?!?!!

What on earth!!
This is sort of what has me scratching my head about the whole thing. I guess it's possible that he's done other stuff in the past that just wasn't caught, but this would be a serious escalation from someone that doesn't seem to really have a history of violence. Makes me wonder about the felony murder charges, sealing of the PC affidavit, and if there may actually be someone else LE is targeting that they just don't have quite enough to move on yet (so public statements are tailored a certain way to make it appear that RA is the sole guy).

As one homicide detective told me once, "Sometimes you have to kick the hornet's nest and see what comes out".

What on earth!!
I wouldn't be surprised if stuff comes out in time.

We had a case in the UK where a guy called Wayne Couzens, who was 48 and a serving Police officer who held the highest level of vetting in the UK where there is a requirement for substantial unsupervised access to Top Secret information. He went and abducted a young woman off the street under the pretence of him being a police officer and her breaking covid lockdown rules, killed her and burned the body.

Now he's been charged with a number of instances of indecent exposure that happened before the killing, it's now up to 6 counts going back 6 years before he was arrested for murder. Those lower level crimes just don't get the focus or attention, it wouldn't surprise me at all if it's the same here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member