Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #156

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine what part of the bridge would be swabbed for DNA or wood sample taken for DNA testing, unless there is a visible sample of body fluid/excretion/hair, etc. Unless you fall down, I think it is highly unlikely that one's body/bare skin/clothing would make contact with that bridge.

Some people thought he appeared to spit in the video. That would narrow down the search area, but finding it???

Here's hoping that we will know some information after the Nov 22nd hearing. Don't need or want the gory details, I'd just like to see how they linked RA to the crime and the probable cause for arrest.

#Justice4Abby&Libby

I can't imagine what part of the bridge would be swabbed for DNA or wood sample taken for DNA testing, unless there is a visible sample of body fluid/excretion/hair, etc. Unless you fall down, I think it is highly unlikely that one's body/bare skin/clothing would make contact with that bridge.
There had been light rain in the early morning of the 12th so I wonder if footprints would have been left at either end of the bridge? I don't remember any mention of them so I guess not.

EDITORIAL: Delphi arrest details should be made public​

My thoughts on the two sketches. The first sketch was made to represent BG. Let’s say in 2019, they were looking into several catfishing scenarios involving profiles of younger men. The second sketch was created to represent a younger perp hoping that someone who may have been a previous catfishing victim would look long and hard at both sketches and speak up that they met up with RA, instead of the younger profile and thankfully got away. Just a thought.

This from April 22, 2019

Carter's statement included several direct statements to the suspect. "What will those closest to you think of when they find out that you murdered two little girls - two children? Only a coward would do such a thing." He believes the suspect may have confided in someone, "Or at the very least, they know, because of how different you are since the murders."

"We have a witness. You made mistakes," Carter said. "We are coming for you and there's no place for a heartless coward like you to hide that gets his thrill from killing little girls."

"I believe you have just a little bit of a conscience left. And I can assure you how you left them in that woods is not - is NOT - what they are experiencing today," Carter said.

EDITORIAL: Delphi arrest details should be made public​

From the article:

”Though attorneys for the news media will be putting forward arguments at Tuesday's hearing, this isn't just about the news media. Public record laws are designed to protect the accused and the public interest. In this case, they did neither.”

I would agree. I think it should be released even if heavily redacted, should it be necessary. If there really are others or someone out there being investigated, the good people of Delphi have a right to know. As it sits now, they really cannot let their guard down. As well, if the evidence against RA is not compelling, one would want to know and remain vigilant. JMHO.

<modsnip>

One that is really of interest to me right now is Jordan Sopher who disappeared from Wabash, IN in May 2006 and her remains were found in Peru in May 2009. IMO there is a strong resemblance between Jordan & Libby.

Is there a thread for Jordan? I didn’t see one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excerpt from James Renner’s interview with Anna Williams (posted on YouTube Sept. 12, 2018)

Abby went to the bridge with her family in about 2012. Anna had also taken her there when she was 6 or 7 and Abby went swimming in a little sandy area in the "river" down from the bridge. “The trail that leads off the bridge that goes down to the water, that way. It’s not for the faint of heart. It’s not difficult but there’s a steep slope and it’s overgrown so you always have to watch what you’re doing”.

Abby had never walked across the bridge and Anna said she would never have allowed it. She was “level 10 livid” when she heard that Abby had crossed it on Feb. 13 and said Abby would be grounded once she was back home.

This makes me shudder. It sounds like she's describing a section of the creek in close proximity to the crime scene.

I didn’t realize the bridge was so dangerous! I’d imagined it as a common challenge for local kids that maybe parents would roll their eyes at, but not such a dangerous spot as all this!

So maybe kids hanging out at the bridge wasn’t as normal as I always figured … if that’s right, what was BG doing hanging around there…. what made him think he’d be able trap a victim on it?? Or did he just get “lucky”

And given this new insight…. if the bridge was this dangerous, how many people were likely to walk on it on a Monday afternoon in February?? Makes it all that much crazier that RA told LE he was “on the bridge” & there was no followup!!

JMO

I didn’t realize the bridge was so dangerous! I’d imagined it as a common challenge for local kids that maybe parents would roll their eyes at, but not such a dangerous spot as all this!

So maybe kids hanging out at the bridge wasn’t as normal as I always figured … if that’s right, what was BG doing hanging around there…. what made him think he’d be able trap a victim on it?? Or did he just get “lucky”

And given this new insight…. if the bridge was this dangerous, how many people were likely to walk on it on a Monday afternoon in February?? Makes it all that much crazier that RA told LE he was “on the bridge” & there was no followup!!

JMO
JMO but I think the trails were popular but actually crossing the bridge was less popular. So when RA said he was on the bridge? He was probably the only one other than the girls that day on the bridge. This is why I’m so shocked he was dismissed.

Delete if not allowed. Can there be a separate thread regarding Richard Allen? I remember when this was done when James Chadwell was being discussed. I would love to see discussions/info about RA as to where he has lived, worked, been associated with (places - not people) and other possible unsolved crimes in those areas.

One that is really of interest to me right now is Jordan Sopher who disappeared from Wabash, IN in May 2006 and her remains were found in Peru in May 2009. IMO there is a strong resemblance between Jordan & Libby.

Is there a thread for Jordan? I didn’t see one.
Maybe you could you start a Jordan thread. All local missing girlcases need a new look.
There was an incident on CR 300 in 2010 of a report of a naked female yelling for help, by the time the deputy got there she could not be found and there was no follow up on it.
Seems like Deer and Bridge Creek from could use a cadaver dog search

JMO but I think the trails were popular but actually crossing the bridge was less popular. So when RA said he was on the bridge? He was probably the only one other than the girls that day on the bridge. This is why I’m so shocked he was dismissed.
It's so crazy. In fact it's so crazy that I am starting to think the article didn't quite get it right. Maybe something else was discovered to be unfounded - like RA's alibi for time frame of BG on bridge - but not the fact he was on the bridge.

It's so crazy. In fact it's so crazy that I am starting to think the article didn't quite get it right. Maybe something else was discovered to be unfounded - like RA's alibi for time frame of BG on bridge - but not the fact he was on the bridge.

If he gave an alibi that was determined unfounded, they would have gone back to him !!! …… I think? Hope?

Was thinking maybe his report was categorized as a “witness” or potential witness report & then deemed unfounded since he (said he) didn’t see anything … ? Just a guess really, this exchange bet RA & the conservation officer is just so odd
Moo

They said there were 3 signatures at the crime scene they clued us in to two of them but we don’t have the details but they are most likely how they were posed and the souvenirs that were taken. What do you think the 3rd thing could be? Maybe it’s too graphic to really think of. MOO

Maybe too graphic. I wonder if one of them could be a shoe in the driveway. (Maybe some odd fetish; I can’t shed the murder in Vermillion, SD, where the victim looked like Libby and where a pair of shoes was found next to the lake she was found in.)

Background on Allen's attorneys:

Wow, no real relevant past performance is given for the lead - just current. Nothing for Rozzi.
JMO

This from April 22, 2019

Carter's statement included several direct statements to the suspect. "What will those closest to you think of when they find out that you murdered two little girls - two children? Only a coward would do such a thing." He believes the suspect may have confided in someone, "Or at the very least, they know, because of how different you are since the murders."

"We have a witness. You made mistakes," Carter said. "We are coming for you and there's no place for a heartless coward like you to hide that gets his thrill from killing little girls."

"I believe you have just a little bit of a conscience left. And I can assure you how you left them in that woods is not - is NOT - what they are experiencing today," Carter said.

OK, so a creepy thought just came to me, please delete if not appropriate. Upthread it was said that in one interview it was implied there was a non-secular element to how the bodies were left.

In the above interview Carter said “ how you left them in the woods is NOT what they are experiencing today” Since the investigators seem somewhat religious, they would believe both these young ladies are in Heaven, IMO. I wonder if they were left in a pose of some sort indicating the opposite of Heaven. (Edited by me to be less graphic)

Just a horrible thought, hope it’s not true.

Last edited:
They said there were 3 signatures at the crime scene they clued us in to two of them but we don’t have the details but they are most likely how they were posed and the souvenirs that were taken. What do you think the 3rd thing could be? Maybe it’s too graphic to really think of. MOO
The whole thing is spooky to me. The killer sounds like someone who, at the time of the killings, was zoned into his own little world behaving oddly and acting out beyond the means necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine