Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #156

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One tower provides the distance from that tower in a narrow arc shaped band.
Add even a momentary ping to another tower and the coordinate to locate the within the band is created.

There are two towers in Delphi.
MOO The “pinging all over town” is early days lay person’s description of pinging two towers.
Possibly ;)

What time is the hearing tomorrow?
9am local time.

ETA - Carroll County is EST. Apparently Indiana has 2 timezones! EST and CST. Whodathunk??

11/02/2022Hearing Scheduling Activity
Hearing scheduled for 11/22/2022 at 9:00 AM.

Source: Indiana Supreme Court public access case search - MyCase

If that doesn't work search for his name at: Indiana Supreme Court public access case search - MyCase

Do not use his full middle name. Leaving that field blank or entering a M will work.

Last edited:
9am local time.

ETA - Carroll County is EST. Apparently Indiana has 2 timezones! EST and CST. Whodathunk??

11/02/2022Hearing Scheduling Activity
Hearing scheduled for 11/22/2022 at 9:00 AM.

Source: Indiana Supreme Court public access case search - MyCase

I that doesn't work search for his name at: Indiana Supreme Court public access case search - MyCase

Do not use his full middle name. Leaving that field blank or entering a M will work.

Thanks so much so that’s 2pm UK time

We’ve heard various explanations about the pings, the number of towers in town, etc. but the fact remains, Abby’s father said he was told by LE that the cell phone was pinging all over town. Let’s let them explain the pings.
Does anyone think the perp took the phone and then returned it to wherever they found it? We were not told where it was found exactly. It could have been in a pocket or in the woods near the kids. We haven’t been told. So could he have taken it and returned? Maybe he wanted to delete something off of it?

Does anyone think the perp took the phone and then returned it to wherever they found it? We were not told where it was found exactly. It could have been in a pocket or in the woods near the kids. We haven’t been told. So could he have taken it and returned? Maybe he wanted to delete something off of it?
I don't think that. I think it would have been incredibly stupid of him to do that. He'd risk being seen.

For those in the US:
If it’s unsealed tomorrow, who will be so engulfed in reading that they will forget to cook the turkey, and end up ruining Thanksgiving?
:D
Not me. I don't celebrate Thanksgiving these days. I won't go to family's house as you can't eat wearing a mask and I won't cook a meal that size for just myself. I guess it'll be all on me to read it all and take notes for y'all? LOL :D

I don't think that. I think it would have been incredibly stupid of him to do that. He'd risk being seen.
He already risked being seen as it was. He took them in broad daylight in an area where it seems other people were out and about (le have noted they have a witness). It would be interesting to find out if he gave the phone to someone else and then somehow returned it to the general area.

Well, here you go!

((snip))
A group of Indiana TV stations (including 13News), newspapers and media organizations have partnered in opposition to the court documents remaining sealed and have submitted a brief to the court. That legal brief requests that the judge order the probable cause affidavit and other court documents related to Allen's arrest to be publicly released.
So will the judge unseal the probable cause affidavit that explains why Allen was arrested and charged with two brutal murders?
Crawford thinks the answer is yes.
"I think that document is going to have to be unsealed and the facts of this case are going to have to be made public for the integrity of the entire judicial system in the state of Indiana, and I think the judge will see that," the longtime attorney said. "The judge will balance the interests of the public and the interests of the defendant in a fair trial and the interests of the state in getting a fair chance at prosecution. The judge will balance all that, but I think the judge will come out in favor of releasing the document."
Releasing the documents is just one option available to Gull. The special judge might order the probable cause affidavit and other court records to remain sealed. Her order could also fall somewhere in the middle, allowing some records to remain sealed or redacted while ordering others to be made public.
While it is possible Gull will announce her decision during Tuesday's court hearing, she could also take all of the evidence and arguments under consideration and announce her order at a later time.
13News will be at the hearing Tuesday morning to report the judge's ruling and to report on any documents that Gull orders to be released.

At the hearing, Gull will have to decide if the Carroll County prosecutor demonstrates by "clear and convincing evidence" that keeping the records secret is necessary to either:
  1. Substantially serve the public interest
  2. Prevent a significant risk of substantial harm to the prosecutor, other persons or the general public, or
  3. Avoid a substantial prejudicial effect to ongoing proceedings that cannot be avoided without prohibiting public access to the records

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anchorite