Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #157

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I alone in thinking this is… really not much? An unspent bullet in a place he already admitted to going to?

IMO it’s clear why they didn’t want this made public.
I'm trying to understand why it took this long to arrest him. Did I miss a piece of evidence that was recent? Everything appears to lead to him were obtained back in 2017. I've got to be missing something here.

It does seem incredible. I guess we will be hearing more specifics about the "direction" of the investigation during future LE interviews -- although my guess is that these may slow down following the release of this PCA. How they did not find some way of zeroing in on RA with this much evidence -- even to working out who owned a gun that might have matched this cartridge -- is beyond me.

These docs do confirm for me the absolute horror of the crime -- walking with purpose, showing the gun, forcing the girls down the hill, the murders, then emerging from the scene "muddy and bloody" and going on with his life -- for more than 5 years.

This is a bleak, bleak day.
Heartbreaking, isn't it? It's like a little breadcrumb trail. I can kind of see now how they missed this.

I wonder if he racked the slide to scare the girls and the bullet kicked out and he just couldn't find it. Maybe he just assumed investigators never found it either.

I don't know why he didn't just lie? Why not say, "I've walked down their for years, and done some plinking from time to time, probably just a spent bullet from when I was here before."
But we know the bodies were moved, and yet the bullet was with the bodies. Why would he rack the gun after they were dead?

Since his wife said he "still owns a blue carhart jacket", I'm hoping they can pull the girls' DNA from it, surely it was covered in blood, too.
If I had to place bets on where they'll find DNA, it would be the car, not the jacket.

You can toss the jacket in the washer, but the car... they have almost endless nooks and crannies that stuff settles into.

So what will his defense be exactly then? Someone took his gun and kidnapped and murdered the kids and he was framed??? Who would have motive to frame him? Alternatively, is he going to claim multiple personality disorder and say he has no idea???
Exactly, he has no explanation for his bullet being at the scene, notwithstanding the other mountain of evidence...

He was there that day, at that time, in the same/similar clothing, he admits to being on the bridge platform, his car was seen parked nearby at the time of the murders, etc.

He didn't voluntarily go to LE back in 2017, someone identified his car. Source: Rafael Sanchez @WRTV

MOO

Last edited:
McLeland risked his career to have this thing sealed. And lied that it pointed toward other suspects. What?!
I don't know that he lied. I think he was worried about it identifying the witnesses in the matter which is understandable. In regards to others possibly being involved, there is a chance that someone was there that day intentionally to grab one of the kids (or both).

Based on this PCA alone (I know LE has more), reasonable doubt would be... what about this person dressed all in black? Is that the guy in the second, younger sketch? Because how does someone mistake black jeans with blue jeans? Just a random thought...

Last edited:
The thing that still confuses me is how were the girls killed? With RA's gun? Then why wouldn't they find bullets inside the girls? The pathetic thing for me is that LE overlooked RA's statement from 2017 until just recently.
In the PCA RA's wife was interviewed. She "confirmed that Richard did have guns and knives at the residence" PCA pg 5 of 8 [emphasis mine]

I believe they were killed by use of a knife.

So what will his defense be exactly then? Someone took his gun and kidnapped and murdered the kids and he was framed??? Who would have motive to frame him? Alternatively, is he going to claim multiple personality disorder and say he has no idea???

You forgot to add who had access to his wardrobe as well :D

Well to be fair there is absolutely nothing to suggest he didn’t act alone.

We can now see why he was arrested and it’s not because he was in cahoots with KAK for example.
Ironically, I never really have thought he was in cahoots with anyone else, UNTIL I just read that PCA.

Why that day?
Why that bridge?
Why ignore all the other girls?
Why park his car like that?
Why arrive just before they did?

I still don't know if I believe he acted alone or with someone else, but now I can see why it's been alluded to.

jmo

There is enough to suggest he knew the girls would be there and targeted them

This coupled with what we know of kk would cause enough suspicion of a catfishing operation

certainly not much to go on though

Have you got a link to suggest anybody knew they were there?

I listened to the podcast Down the hill and Libby’s sister implied it was completely spur of the moment trip to bridge and Libby invited her as well but she had to work. So this doesn’t exactly sound like they was planning to meet a boy IMO.

But if you have a link to suggest otherwise I’m all ears.

Thin evidence? He admits to owning the gun, can’t explain how bullet got there, AND he admits to wearing the outfit of bridge guy. Which is amazing to me. Why would he admit that in 2022?! I can see if he claimed he was wearing that stuff BEFORE seeing the BG video but in October of 2022? Why admit that? He is not very bright. I can’t believe he got away with this for so long.

He thinks he is smart and that they know he had that clothing on... but can't tie him to the crime scene.

Now they know they can.. they set a trap asking if he had ever been on that property. He said no.

So, I am thinking the search warrant for the yard, they dug up an old spent bullet casing to see if the scrape marks on the casing match the one at the crime scene. The PCA doesn't have to have ALL of the evidence that they found that they will use at trial. But it has to have ENOUGH evidence to arrest him.

The muddy and bloody sighting is also very important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay