IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #166

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh, to answer your question, Rushville is yet another tiny town in IN.

Yes I noticed that. But since when are police investigations shared with other police departments throughout the entire state and why would other police departments be concerned with crimes that didn’t occur within their jurisdiction?

What do you mean they won't be able to dispute it? They can do the exact same thing the defense did: file a motion with the court. Which they'll almost certainly do. The gag order doesn't prevent them from doing that.
The Defense filed this Memorandum in support of their Franks Motion. IANAL, but I don't think the Prosecution will file a memorandum rebutting 136 pages, they're not going to lay their case out for the Defense.

@PrairieWind - Am I understanding this correctly?

ALL MOO

I'm still looking for the link to the document and online for it,
would someone please send it to me in personal message?
I've really tried...thank you
Try looking at post #736 in this thread.

Yep, I could throw a bunch of branches down like pick-up sticks, but would never consider them "runes" unless they spelled out something meaningful in accordance with the runes alphabet.

What did the runes say? Perhaps "Richard didn't do this" ;)

Old as dirt here and kind of thought I'd seen it all, but IMO I have never seem such an unprofessional legal document.
Seems kinda dumb that murderers would leave "runes" that would implicate their group's involvement. Why leave a calling card at a crime scene with two dead CHILDREN from the community?

jmo

Do you cover your face and not want to engage with people when spoken to?
Technically yes to both.

I have terrible eyesight (and a healed broken ankle from a fall) so I usually keep my head turned towards the ground, especially at the speed I walk, to watch my path.

I'm a fairly shy person, so yes, it's very unlikely for me to engage people I do not know when I am out and about, especially if they're kids. Comedian Bill Burr has a stand up routine where he makes the point that he doesn't want kids around him anymore because of constant news about child predators and the perception of interacting with kids as an adult brings about. I definitely get that.

So, I could easily be described as "a man walking with a purpose, hiding his face, and ignoring others trying to talk to me.

I'm not saying RA is the wrong guy. But I would certainly hate to be wrongfully arrested and found guilty in the court of public opinion because I'm blind and socially awkward.

*Edited for clarity*

Last edited:
Technically yes to both.

I have terrible eyesight (and a healed broken ankle from a fall) so I usually keep my head turned towards the ground, especially at the speed I walk, to watch my path.

I'm a fairly shy person, so yes, it's very unlikely for me to engage people I do not know when I am out and about, especially if they're kids. Comedian Bill Burr has a stand up where he makes the point that he doesn't want kids around him anymore because of constant news about child predators and the perception of interacting with them brings about. I definitely get that.

So, I could easily be described as "a man walking with a purpose, hiding his face, and ignoring others trying to talk to me.

I'm not saying RA is the wrong guy. But I would certainly hate to be wrongfully arrested and found guilty in the court of public opinion because I'm blind and socially awkward.
Agree with your scenario, but we know that RA is not blind or socially awkward. He was the helpful Pharm Tech, fun pool tournament guy at the local pub.

I believe RA did hide in plain sight so very well and that scares the crap out of me.

JMO

Yes I noticed that. But since when are police investigations shared with other police departments throughout the entire state and why would other police departments be concerned with crimes that didn’t occur within their jurisdiction?
They pulled in LE from all over at the beginning, yeah? This person worked on the case. It's a very interesting part of the memo. From page 5 of the Memo for Franks Hearing: (3) On May 1, 2023, the State of Indiana, by way of Prosecutor Nick McCleland, received a letter from former Rushville Assistant Police Chief Todd Click, now retired.2 As stated in the previous paragraph: Click, Murphy and Ferency were three of the law enforcement officers who worked on the Delphi murder case, particularly focused on the Odinite angle as it intersected with suspects in Rushville Indiana. After reading Richard Allen’s probable cause affidavit, Click became concerned that the information contained in Richard Allen’s affidavit pointing the finger at Richard Allen was far less compelling than the totality of the information that Detective Ferency, Detective Murphy and Officer Click had accumulated during the Rushville portion of the investigation. The information that Murphy, Ferency and Click had gathered during their investigation connected men who practiced Odinism in or near Delphi with another group of men who lived in Rushville and then connected both groups of men to the murders.3 Click was concerned that for some reason the leadership of the investigative team had failed to share with Prosecutor McCleland the evidence gathered by Click, Ferency and Murphy. Click’s concerns led him to seek out a lawyer to assist him in the drafting of a letter. This letter was then sent to McCleland.4

Agree with your scenario, but we know that RA is not blind or socially awkward. He was the helpful Pharm Tech, fun pool tournament guy at the local pub.

I believe RA did hide in plain sight so very well and that scares the crap out of me.

JMO
Well, to counter this point...I'm the helpful college administrator and a blast to be around--with the people I know.

*Another Edit*

I'm not literally blind, I just am incredibly nearsighted.

The Defense filed this Memorandum in support of their Franks Motion. IANAL, but I don't think the Prosecution will file a memorandum rebutting 136 pages, they're not going to lay their case out for the Defense.

@PrairieWind - Am I understanding this correctly?

ALL MOO
You know what? You might be right. I'm not sure whether there's an opportunity for the prosecution to file a memo opposing the Franks hearing. It may just be that an initial showing by the defense is required and then the prosecution would get to present their opposition at the actual hearing if it's granted. Maybe PrarieWind is more familiar with the procedure for these specific hearings.

In either case, I don't think they'll waste a lot of time on the Odinism theory since it's not really relevant to the Franks standard, but they may have to rebut the accusations of witness statements being omitted and altered in the search warrant affidavit.

Jefferson Calico, a professor at the University of the Cumberlands in Kentucky, says:
...Odinism is a “racially-based form of heathenry or Germanic Paganism.”

“These would be the people who see (Odinism) as like a white man’s religion – a racist form of religion,” he added.
He does not completely rule out the possibility of Odinists partaking in ritual human sacrifice, because as Calico says, “There are crazy people everywhere.”
Calico says modern-day Odinists have been linked to violence, mainly in prisons and against minority groups or people who practice other religions.

Jefferson Calico, a professor at the University of the Cumberlands in Kentucky, says:

The man replied, saying, “The only statement I wish to make is to ask for help from a pro bono lawyer who would help me go after the defense for slandering my name and my child’s.”

There are ample pro bono attorneys who take cases for clients then receive appx 60% of the settlement. I'm sure a qualified attorney would be willing to take on the city, county and state if they thought there was a settlement to be made.

"Calico says modern-day Odinists have been linked to violence, mainly in prisons and against minority groups or people who practice other religions."

I wonder where the person mentioned in the doc may have learned this religion?

That went right over my head. I never saw it.

I was just talking to my husband at dinner tonight about the information in the defense document about the guards at Westville because his brother is incarcerated there. I Googled for images of the patches the defense said the guards were wearing. The 3 triangles (Valknut) came up and I clicked on the Wiki page and read this sentence to my husband "The valknut is a symbol consisting of three interlocked triangles. It appears on a variety of objects from the archaeological record of the ancient Germanic peoples." Then I said "Hmmmmm...Libby's last name is German." Then I come here and read your post so had to point it out!

I've never been convinced that RA actually said in his interview with DNR DD that he was on the trail from 1:30-3:30. Now we find out from the memorandum that DD got RA's name wrong and that's probably why it was lost for all those years. He also could not find his recording of the convo.

The man replied, saying, “The only statement I wish to make is to ask for help from a pro bono lawyer who would help me go after the defense for slandering my name and my child’s.”

There are ample pro bono attorneys who take cases for clients then receive appx 60% of the settlement. I'm sure a qualified attorney would be willing to take on the city, county and state if they thought there was a settlement to be made.

"Calico says modern-day Odinists have been linked to violence, mainly in prisons and against minority groups or people who practice other religions."

I wonder where the person mentioned in the doc may have learned this religion?
The defense memo implies that BH and PW picked it up while they were in the army together: "W lived in Delphi and
was a friend of H in the Army. H and W served in Afghanistan together. [...] H continued to state that he and W started a 'Tribe' of 'Asatru' followers. 'Asatru' was described as a warrior religion popular with members of the military.' pp. 82-83

The defense memo implies that BH and PW picked it up while they were in the army together: "W lived in Delphi and
was a friend of H in the Army. H and W served in Afghanistan together. [...] H continued to state that he and W started a 'Tribe' of 'Asatru' followers. 'Asatru' was described as a warrior religion popular with members of the military.' pp. 82-83
Why would warriors kill girls? Especially girls in their own area?

jmo

Why would warriors kill girls? Especially girls in their own area?

jmo
The defense's explanation is that Asatru/Odinism has been subverted by white nationalists, and that PW and BH were of that variety. They do seem to have been members of this racist group: Vinlanders Social Club

The defense memo says that BH told his ex-wife that “W and ‘his people’ killed Abigail Williams and Liberty German because one of their mothers was ‘mixing’ with other people outside the mother’s race.” p. 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay