IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #168

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't recall any apology from him being reported anywhere. But he is after all, according to his lawyer's letter, a victim in all this...betrayed, abused and snookered...that I've read.
What is the timeline of the breach? When did the Trusted Friend snap the photos, when were they passed along each part of the chain? When did the true-crime youtubers get the files?

I'm confused about the timing - does anyone have it straight? tia

We need a timeline of the leaked photos.

* 09/18/23 Franks Motion and Memorandum in Support of same is E-filed by defense

* 10/5/23 Murder Sheet Podcast receives screenshots of the pics

what we need is the rest of the timeline.

There are many suicides in the IDOC. Probably more per capita there than in county jails.
This one seems to be doing a decent job of keeping this guy alive so far...it would seem that is the goal of IDOC and the US Marshals with him. At one point he resorted to eating discovery documents, and then not eating at all...and they were able to rectify those attempts at self-harm. Westville can provide more medical and psych resources on site. My concern with County would be....are there resources for the 24/7 monitoring he appears to need....and the risk of transporting him for medical/psych services to an outside facility if/when an issue occurs, and then providing security 24/7 for his patient room at said outside public facility while he is being treated. The way this case has been going...I don't blame anyone for not wanting to take a chance with Murphy's Law if they can help it.

JMO

What is the timeline of the breach? When did the Trusted Friend snap the photos, when were they passed along each part of the chain? When did the true-crime youtubers get the files?

I don't know. Maybe someone has seen a timeline put together they can share?

I don't know. Maybe someone has seen a timeline put together they can share?

I didn't hear much else on the MS podcast. They briefly mentioned something about meeting w/LE or prosecutors around 10/9 or so. I'm guessing whomever (M?) who passed it along to MS podcast people didn't have it for long before sharing with them.

US Marshals, ISP, FBI and possibly Dept of Homeland Security have the tools necessary to check all parties phone records, emails, texts, computer searches, etc. They likely aren't going to say anything until they're finished investigating.

This is what’s reported and I see why you’re confused. The timeline is indeed puzzling as the dates appear to conflict. MS say they received leaked photos on Oct 5th, yet the messages would indicate nothing had transpired until the evening of Oct 5th, at the earliest.

“Aine Cane and Kevin Greenlee, hosts of The Murder Sheet, received an email on October 5 from a source - identified only as "Mark" - who sent them seven graphic images depicting the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German.”

“The Murder Sheet” podcasters Kevin Greenlee and Áine Cain reported today and confirmed to FOX59 that a social media source revealed to them the existence of those evidentiary items on Oct. 5.….

…..That was followed up by a handful of messages from Oct. 5 as the same participant refers to, “my guy,” and, “He’s going to be with Andy tonight. He was talking about me going down Saturday.”..”

“The Murder Sheet” podcasters Kevin Greenlee and Áine Cain reported today and confirmed to FOX59 that a social media source revealed to them the existence of those evidentiary items on Oct. 5.….

…..That was followed up by a handful of messages from Oct. 5 as the same participant refers to, “my guy,” and, “He’s going to be with Andy tonight. He was talking about me going down Saturday.”..”
SBM for focus, yeah, that seems a bit wonky, why would the snookerers be texting on 10/5 about their guy and that guy being with Andy tonight if they already had what they wanted (pics)? I have been googling away trying to nail down if we can decipher WHEN the photos were snapped but things like that are making it kindof hard.

Since the defense attorneys have been dismissed, why are we still waiting to have the Trusted Friend identified? Why has he not been charged with something yet?
I understand not naming “R” out of respect for his family, but Trusted Friend started it all.

SBM for focus, yeah, that seems a bit wonky, why would the snookerers be texting on 10/5 about their guy and that guy being with Andy tonight if they already had what they wanted (pics)? I have been googling away trying to nail down if we can decipher WHEN the photos were snapped but things like that are making it kindof hard.

I can’t find anything further either. Thought maybe the brief might contain a date of the admitted “transgression“ but not so.

How I see this going down...

Defense: You are withholding discovery from us! We demand you give us all discovery!

Prosecution: Don't worry, we got you...you'll have it by Nov. 1. Furiously scanning, organizing, converting, redacting, and uploading...

Defense: On second thought...maybe we'll hold off on picking up that new discovery...

Prosecution:

JMO

Since the defense attorneys have been dismissed, why are we still waiting to have the Trusted Friend identified? Why has he not been charged with something yet?
I understand not naming “R” out of respect for his family, but Trusted Friend started it all.

I adamantly agree, why should he remain anonymous and unaccountable.

WILL NO ONE RID ME OF THIS TROUBLESOME CASE?

ahem...

Baldwin's attorney speaks to Fox News:

Delphi murders suspect Richard Allen's defense team withdraws from case after alleged leaked photos

coercive?

I don’t think coercion is the same thing as the judge not buying your bullcrap
motion about none of it being your fault, advising you she might dismiss you, and then you take the coward’s way out and quit.
Hennessy sounds like one of the clowns himself. Please don’t let him be appointed RA’s new attorney.

<modsnip - quoted post removed/not an approved source>

In a motion filed by the defense, Richard Allen's attorneys claimed that the confession was coerced by guards linked to a white nationalist group.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very hard to nail down! We know there was a leak, but not when, how, by whom....and WHY.

For no reason whatsoever, I have it in my head that the Trusted Friend had the photos for awhile but perhaps that's wrong. But maybe the whole chain happened quickly?

When did Defense get the photos? Maybe we start then.

jmo

motion about none of it being your fault, advising you she might dismiss you, and then you take the coward’s way out and quit.
Hennessy sounds like one of the clowns himself. Please don’t let him be appointed RA’s new attorney.

Let’s hope that by representing Baldwin he‘s disqualified himself. Did you notice the last line of his brief? “Should the Court believe that there should be some sanction the Court could order 24 hours of representation without compensation”.

Bear with me,
Agree that coercion is not the same thing as the judge offering "withdraw voluntarily or I'll do it for you."

However ... I don't think a lawyer would call out a judge for "coercion" for making her rulings.
Hon. Gull also seemed a bit surprised by the events of the day as well. Denied having control over what just went down.

Coercion ... sounds more like ... what one might call ... LE pressure.

I'm overthinkin' it? Maybe ... or maybe not.

Somehow those Odinists must be involved, coercing everywhere!

In a motion filed by the defense, Richard Allen's attorneys claimed that the confession was coerced by guards linked to a white nationalist group.
Maybe it was Odin himself.

;)

jmo

Very hard to nail down! We know there was a leak, but not when, how, by whom....and WHY.

For no reason whatsoever, I have it in my head that the Trusted Friend had the photos for awhile but perhaps that's wrong. But maybe the whole chain happened quickly?

When did Defense get the photos? Maybe we start then.

jmo

Adding, this may explain why you’re thinking the leaker may‘ve had the photos for awhile.

Then, this past spring, an inadvertent leak of discovery evidence popped up on social media, and Allen’s attorneys took responsibility for the mistake, resulting in an admonition from the Court to more carefully guard the State’s discovery documents.”

This refers to another leak by the defence that was discussed on a recent MS podcast. The defense (Baldwin again) sent some sort of listing of the photos to a guy, Woodhouse from Delphi, who was giving the impression on SM he had access to crime scene photos. MS said it appeared from text messages there was a concerted effort to make it appear this recent leak was combined with that earlier leak so to protect the latest leaker.

It could be the actual dates of the various messages (which we don’t have) that prove to be most critical especially if the “participants” altered those dates to attempt to cover their shady involvement.

Last edited:
Bear with me,
Agree that coercion is not the same thing as the judge offering "withdraw voluntarily or I'll do it for you."

However ... I don't think a lawyer would call out a judge for "coercion" for making her rulings.
Hon. Gull also seemed a bit surprised by the events of the day as well. Denied having control over what just went down.

Coercion ... sounds more like ... what one might call ... LE pressure.

I'm overthinkin' it? Maybe ... or maybe not.
I agree with you on it being unlikely they are referring to the Judge. She looked genuinely surprised and disappointed.

My guess is still that RA may have a malpractice claim against them for whatever happened...and that his lawyers are concerned that he is not competent to sign a conflict of interest waiver in order to continue their representation of him (which brings up problematic ethics concerns)...and/or they had a conversation with their malpractice insurance carrier and determined that if they proceeded with the representation in light of the conflict of interest circumstances...that their coverage might be void with respect to claims arising out of this case in the future.

In other words, the coercive circumstances may have more to do with possible ethics violations and/or insurance policy coverage exceptions if they continue to represent this client.

JMO

Last edited:
Adding, this may explain why you’re thinking the leaker may‘ve had the photos for awhile.

Then, this past spring, an inadvertent leak of discovery evidence popped up on social media, and Allen’s attorneys took responsibility for the mistake, resulting in an admonition from the Court to more carefully guard the State’s discovery documents.”

This refers to another leak by the defence that was discussed on a recent MS podcast. The defense (Baldwin again) sent some sort of listing of the photos to a guy, Woodhouse from Delphi, who was giving the impression on SM he had access to crime scene photos. MS said it appeared from text messages there was a concerted effort to make it appear this recent leak was combined with that earlier leak so to protect the latest leaker.

It could be the actual dates of the various messages (which we don’t have) that prove to be most critical especially if the “participants” altered those dates to attempt to cover their shady involvement.
Who is Woodhouse? What role does he have? tia

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members