Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #85

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Answering own question. Is there a way to verify any of this?

Bruce also says that he is a Navy veteran, serving between 1983 and 1994 in addition to being a pastor at Cape County Jail. In his Navy career, Bruce says he was an avionics technician. Under the duties heading, Bruce wrote, “Too many to name.” Bruce also spent a year in morale welfare and recreation on the USS Kitty Hawk CV-63. KSDK’s Brandon Merano reports that Bruce is a lifetime member of the Arnold VFW. Bruce writes in the intro to his LinkedIn, “World traveled leader with the ability to turn the extraordinary into the ordinary. US Navy Veteran wit ha great desire and passion to serve others needs.”

Thomas Bruce: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
A "world traveled leader with the ability to turn the extraordinary into the ordinary"? A difficult skill indeed.

A "world traveled leader with the ability to turn the extraordinary into the ordinary"? A difficult skill indeed.

Feelings of grandiosity, maybe?

Hope there will be more information Monday, following the break. The major news sites have stopped providing updates, and the connection to Delphi isn’t being followed by any of the Indiana news stations, fwiw.

this was not this mans first sex crime. no way , no how. I always said BG had a MO accent.
I have a very precise ear ...I just do..I'm absolutely dying to hear his voice. I hope beyond hope we have him. he really looks good to me and I am excited.

he's just so perfect for this. IMO

I am not getting my hopes up, but I am not ruling him out for Delphi. A couple things IMO regarding comments that he may not be a great match to the sketch. IF he did commit the Delphi crimes, I'm sure he would know the sketch was out in the media and could purposely try to change small things about his appearance to not resemble it while not setting off alarm bells to those near to him. I know a few mentioned the shape of his nose, which is obviously a lot harder to change, but it is also a sketch. It isn't a photo, so it won't be a perfect image of him.

IF the link to Delphi mentioned in this thread is true, that is huge for me. He could have either had family business in the area OR just known about Delphi from this connection, known about the bridge, etc., and decided to travel there to fulfill whatever gross urge he had going on, especially thinking that living in MO, there would be no obvious link between him and that crime. He could have committed that crime and been back home later that evening. JMO

Margarita25 posted:
"One thing I’ve also been thinking and still thinking about about is a predator hunter vs an opportunistic offender and how that plays in here.

I suppose one could be both?"

I think one can be both. A lot of serial rapists/killers keep their 'kill bags' in their trunks, in case an opportunity arises.

One example might be the evil, vile creature, Israel Keyes. He was a detailed planner and went to great lengths to avoid detection by choosing people out of state, with no connection to him.

But his last murder was the girl in the drive through coffee shop, in his own town. That was a sick opportunity killing and it led to his arrest, finally.

I have always felt like Abby and Libby’s killer was on the hunt. The motive would be dominance and SA, IMO. That is similar to what TB was caught for doing in St. Louis.

I also lean toward a serial killer for A&L, and possibly Thomas Bruce is one. Let’s see how many dots get connected once the DNA results and assessments of his connections across the US pan out. I do think it’s going to be interesting. It’s just so quiet right now.

TB
“Police have set up a search area surrounding the religious book and gifts shop. Police have issued an alert for a man described as being between the ages of 45 and 50 years old,
about 5’7” tall with a heavy build, wearing a black jacket and blue jeans with a large belt.
Search for suspect in deadly Catholic Supply Store shooting

I70 killer
He was about 5’7, 140-160 pounds, with a reddish cast to his hair.
https://www.courierpress.com/story/...d-midwest-1992-hes-still-out-there/600805002/

I would love to be a fly on the wall right now, I know these guys try to stay cool, but you know they are way into this guy and they are watching him behind the mirror and listening to him in his cell..they are trying to talk to him..they are working on him and circling the wagons.
They are reading his diary and talking to his wife, they are collecting his clothes and poking through his belongings..

oh would i love to know. MOO

The fact that he left two living witness's has to be important. He picked a target close to a bar he frequents. This guy was unraveling somehow. If he is responsible for other crimes...which I believe he has to be..I think we will know soon. He may want to get a lot off of his chest. He may have been ready to get caught.

Agreed.

View attachment 156960

Posted to his FB page on July 12 of this year. He says “This is my 2014 grad night” in a comment.

Tom Bruce

I wish we knew what the person who provided the sketch info in A & L’s case thought of him in this photo. Would that person be shown photos to confirm or deny or would it have be done with him in an official line up?

He has a coldness in his eyes that is chilling.

The fact that he left two living witness's has to be important. He picked a target close to a bar he frequents. This guy was unraveling somehow. If he is responsible for other crimes...which I believe he has to be..I think we will know soon. He may want to get a lot off of his chest. He may have been ready to get caught.

I can’t find a direct link off hand, but in remembering what I have learned from the originators of profiling and studying serial killers (like Hazlewood and Douglas), I do seem to recall that there is a downward spiral before capture, where the serial killer gets so caught up in the frenzy, he makes mistakes. Again, just my opinion we are dealing with a SK in St. Louis or Delphi.

I can’t find a direct link off hand, but in remembering what I have learned from the originators of profiling and studying serial killers (like Hazlewood and Douglas), I do seem to recall that there is a downward spiral before capture, where the serial killer gets so caught up in the frenzy, he makes mistakes. Again, just my opinion we are dealing with a SK in St. Louis or Delphi.

He does seem like he is in a downward spiral. That was a bold, brazen, stupid attack. How would he expect to get away with that one?

I double checked the social media rules to be sure OK...if I’m wrong please let me know and I will delete.

I noticed on his twitter account one of his “likes” or subscriptions is Netflix’s series on “making of a serial killer, season 2”. Ugh.

He does seem like he is in a downward spiral. That was a bold, brazen, stupid attack. How would he expect to get away with that one?

I know, right? And in none of the interviews available on MSM did anyone suspect him one bit. They seemed to love him. There was that one neighbor from the foreclosed house (I think) who said his wife had to mow the lawn-that was a weird- but everyone else seemed to state he was nothing but nice. So that is likely what he wants everyone to see.

TB may have been drinking before the crime at Hot Shots, so it may have made him more comfortable to execute the crime; on the other hand, it might have impaired his judgment.

One of his charges has to do with him discarding his clothes (I assume due to blood splatter or DNA). Remember anything similar in Delphi? It would be interesting to hear other’s thoughts on that particular charge.

I70 killer description- 5’9, 140-160 pounds, with a reddish cast to his hair.

TB got married in 1995 (He stated on 2012 twitter he'd been married for 17 years). I70 killer's last victim was killed in 1992.

TB's house was sold at auction on Nov 3rd, 2018. It closed on Nov 8th. This might have sent him over the edge.
https://www.auction.com/details/10800-lacklink-rd-saint-louis-mo-63114-2656017-o_1210
Bankruptcy January 2017 and house sold at auction November 2018....These are life changing events...Did they push him over the edge. I think it is very possible. If he is responsible for the Delphi murders they occurred days after his bankruptcy. His murders at the Catholic Supply Store were just days after his house was auctioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18