Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #85

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I wasn't clear in what I was trying to say. Sometimes it makes more sense in my head. :)

I meant "hunter" in the way of pre-planned. I'm a hunter. My family is big into deer hunting. When I go out to deer hunt, I pack the gear that I'm going to need that day. I plan out ahead of time what I am going to do, what route I'll take, etc. I know that when I leave the house I am doing so with the intentions of killing an animal. I don't feel that BG went to the park specifically to hunt women (or anyone). I think he went to the park for a different reason, but when he saw his chance he attacked.

I guess for some there's not a huge difference, since either way he killed someone, but there is to me. For me, the difference comes in the form of WHY he was there.

I understand what you’re saying because it’s an aspect that has always perplexed me about this case as well. How could the killer have expected he stood a good chance of finding victims alone near the Monon Bridge on a Monday afternoon in February? If Abby and Libby were not specifically targeted, if their murders occurred at the hands of a random killer then to me it also seems most likely the killer is a diabolical opportunist who had a “normal” (can’t think of a more appropriate word) reason to be there.

Yes, the attacks seem very different. I've never been sold on the idea of him being a "hunter". I've always thought that it was a crime of opportunity, that BG was there in the park for a specific reason and attacked when he saw the chance. It's possible that TB did the same. Still, big difference between fairly isolated park that one must intentionally find their way to and a business.

The discrepancy in ages is what is standing out to me the most. I realize that some perps are indiscriminate and will attack a female regardless of age, but the bodies of 13/14 year old girls are generally different from the bodies of grown women. Still, they're closer to the bodies of adults than if A&L had been much younger.

It would be great if BG has been found, but I'm not sold on it. Still, something piqued someone's interest to make the connection.

I keep thinking of a guy we had here in Denver when my friends and I were first out of college and on our own in the city, named Brent J. Brents. IIRC, he had just gotten out of prison for molesting young children when he went on this spree of sexually assaulting and horrifically beating people—and I just remember that it was like a dozen people over the course of a few days and the part that is applicable to this discussion is that they ranged in age from approximately A&L’s age to elderly women and young and middle-aged women in between. A couple of others similarities I can think of with TB—especially if he turns out to be BG— is that he was motivated by pure rage and hatred and was incredibly brazen (I remember watching a helicopter chasing him from my friend’s balcony in Cap Hill, both of us just terrified) and he would do stuff like shaving his head and dying his hair and changing up his facial hair to make himself harder to recognize.

Thanks for doing this. OMG.

I could still go either way. To be honest, I see more resemblance between the video still of him and TB than I do of the sketch and TB. Not that my opinion matters one way or the other, but if a connection is going to be made then I'm going to have to see some kind of physical evidence-like a DNA match. Or even a more circumstantial one, like murder method. Even though TB physically resembles BG, the sketch and video still look too much like every other man I know for me to base an opinion based on it alone.

I understand what you’re saying because it’s an aspect that has always perplexed me about this case as well. How could the killer have expected he stood a good chance of finding victims alone near the Monon Bridge on a Monday afternoon in February? If Abby and Libby were not specifically targeted, if their murders occurred at the hands of a random killer then to me it also seems most likely the killer is a diabolical opportunist who had a “normal” (can’t think of a more appropriate word) reason to be there.

Yes! That's what I was saying. :) And if that "normal" reason could be determined, it might also help narrow down the people.

I've visited the park and been the only one there on many occasions. Even though it was a fairly nice day for the season, and it so happens that quite a few people were milling about, that wasn't a certainty. There are people in the Delphi area who have never been there, couldn't tell you how to get there. If he was there JUST to hunt for people, he was taking a risk. I can think of several other places nearby, just as isolated, that would've provided him with better odds.

You need to click the comments icon at the beginning of the article to pull them up:

View attachment 157144

ETA: I'm a little behind. Sorry if this has already been addressed.

The headline of this article really rubs me the wrong way and some of the comments make me question my faith in humanity. They're interesting, though.

Yes! That's what I was saying. :) And if that "normal" reason could be determined, it might also help narrow down the people.

I've visited the park and been the only one there on many occasions. Even though it was a fairly nice day for the season, and it so happens that quite a few people were milling about, that wasn't a certainty. There are people in the Delphi area who have never been there, couldn't tell you how to get there. If he was there JUST to hunt for people, he was taking a risk. I can think of several other places nearby, just as isolated, that would've provided him with better odds.

"Normal" is a cycle on a washing machine.

I want to hear TB talk! Though, often at those hearings all the perp says is "Yes" or "No" or other short answers to questions from the judge.

jmo

So, if I were conducting the hearing I’d say to TB:

“You are accused of some serious crimes here...

So how long have you been at this, Mr.Bruce? We are going to find out, see, what goes up, must come...(cough, cough), where was I again?”

“Thank you, Mr. Bruce, yes, I was saying “what comes up must come down”, yes...see in one of my favorite nursery rhymes there’s a pair who went up the hill to fetch a bucket of water (cough, cough)...where was I again? Poem you say? Which poem? My memory is kind of short these days...”

Last edited:
TB is getting a monthly military stipend for "partial disability" ($133,17), so I'm wondering, which body part might be partially disabled: a leg perhaps?

ETA: changed "marine" to "military" and other ... sorry
Thank you. I had read "military stipend" but had not located "partial disability". It is stated on page 45 of 55 on the BK documents:

Thomas Bruce: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

TB's time in service includes the 1st Persian Gulf War 1990-1991 under GWBI. His job in the Navy as an AT would not be highly dangerous, but anything could happen.

Aviation electronics technician (United States Navy) - Wikipedia

I wonder if he has a limp ?

So, if I were conducting the hearing I’d say to TB:

“You are accused of some serious crimes here...

So how long have you been at this, Mr.Bruce? We are going to find out, see, what goes up, must come...(cough, cough), where was I again?”

“Thank you, Mr. Bruce, yes, I was saying “what comes up must come down”, yes...see in one of my favorite nursery rhymes there’s a pair who went up the hill to fetch a bucket of water (cough, cough)...where was I again? Poem you say? Which poem? My memory is kind of short these days...”
LOL! WS would love that....but you might be removed from the bench. :)

jmo

Thank you. I had read "military stipend" but had not located "partial disability". It is stated on page 45 of 55 on the BK documents:

Thomas Bruce: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

TB's time in service includes the 1st Persian Gulf War 1990-1991 under GWBI. His job in the Navy as an AT would not be highly dangerous, but anything could happen.

Aviation electronics technician (United States Navy) - Wikipedia

I wonder if he has a limp ?
If there is video of the hearing, perhaps it would include him walking? (Though a shackled person would walk differently than normal.)

Does he have a limp? Does he have an accent like BG? And....does his DNA match?!?!

Maybe I wasn't clear in what I was trying to say. Sometimes it makes more sense in my head. :)

I meant "hunter" in the way of pre-planned. I'm a hunter. My family is big into deer hunting. When I go out to deer hunt, I pack the gear that I'm going to need that day. I plan out ahead of time what I am going to do, what route I'll take, etc. I know that when I leave the house I am doing so with the intentions of killing an animal. I don't feel that BG went to the park specifically to hunt women (or anyone). I think he went to the park for a different reason, but when he saw his chance he attacked.

I guess for some there's not a huge difference, since either way he killed someone, but there is to me. For me, the difference comes in the form of WHY he was there.

What gets me is the gun I see through his coat, and white coming out of his jacket (possibly rope, imo), and how nobody in the area seems to know this guy, and how he disappeared so easily, etc.

He very well could have been there fishing, or walking, etc and when the girls came across him he spontaneously acted upon them in an opportunistic manner; however thinking out loud more as we discuss these aspects, and hearing @Foxfire ‘s voice in my mind (“there’s a reason for everything they do...predators...hunting...”), I tend to think he was there with the premeditated intention of sexually assaulting and possibly even murdering someone, moo.

Last edited:
Not one of today’s hearing, but I came across a video that I don’t believe has been posted yet (my apologies in advance if it has).

Most of the information in it isn’t necessarily new, but the video confirms a lot of things that have been reported previously. The first five or so minutes of the video shows a Q and A portion of last Wednesday’s press conference, while the rest is of a newscast from the same day.

One thing I do believe new is that around 3’20”, answering a question from a reporter, the prosecutor confirms there is DNA evidence being analyzed.

Other things I personally found interesting:
1. Reporter says he has confirmed TB and his wife moved into their current residence in late June of this year;

2. He reports a neighbor says s/he had seen TB wearing a newsboy cap before;

3. Neighbor reports s/he saw a computer being removed from the residence on the day of his arrest;

4. Neighbor says LE also took a bag of clothing that appears to have been hidden under the mobile home. The video shows a hole in the skirt of the trailer:

A786EC4D-EB64-4819-A42C-E8783F8B2728.jpeg

[I do wonder how the neighbor was able to tell what was inside the bag. Was it a clear plastic bag?]

5. Neighbor says both TB and his wife were some of the friendliest neighbors they’ve ever had;

6. They moved into the home that was foreclosed on in December, 2008.

7. A neighbor in that neighborhood says s/he found TB “arrogant and aloof.”

8. Neighbor says TB said he had a bad back.

Catholic Supply homicide suspect makes first court appearance

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members