Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #117

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting... to me, it looks the same, “a nonlocal visiting a family, the area is well- known to him”

IIRC that FBI agent that showed up to help search from the beginning was on stage with the other police on 4/22.
Seems completely reasonable to me that he went to help, he was based at an FBI office in a nearby town.

Very interesting... to me, it looks the same, “a nonlocal visiting a family, the area is well- known to him”

IIRC that FBI agent that showed up to help search from the beginning was on stage with the other police on 4/22.
Seems completely reasonable to me that he went to help, he was based at an FBI office in a nearby town.

I agree with this. Also, people who commit violent crimes start with lesser crimes- the GSK for instance who went from buglarly, to sexual assault, to killing.
Escalation...GSK is the perfect example....(I wish they’d hurry up & get his trial underway, I’m afraid he’ll die & his victims & their families will never see justice).

I'm inclined to think Libby was taking snapchat photos and that the photo of Abby on the bridge was indeed a snapchat photo. That makes sense. But a video was likely recorded separately as a video, not using the snapchat app. Who was the first person to call these the 'snapchat murders?' Was it the media? I cannot recall if LE ever coined that phrase??
It was Media who coined that phrase "snapchat Murders"

Hooray- I’m finally caught up on this thread.

Yesterday I was listening to the recent crawlspace podcast interview with KG. I found it interesting she believed BG certainly killed before or has killed after- or will certainly kill again.

I don’t believe this to be a foregone conclusion at all. I personally doubt he killed before and I very VERY much doubt he’s killed since or will kill again. I think A and L were targeted specifically and it was a one-time event.

I think dude is on his best best behavior now and wouldn’t dream of trying to get away with murder (literally!) again. He’s likely on borrowed time and the last thing he would do is attempt to get caught with a new murder.

Side note, but related- every time I listen to an interview with KG (or read a tweet like her recent one about the sketches), I’m newly frustrated. God love her- she’s in a position I can only sympathize with and cannot even imagine- but I wonder how much she’s helping the cause when there are so many things she says that I feel are either purely opinion stated as fact, or conflicting info.

Argh. Wish there was just ONE person in this case that I thought made sense when they are interviewed. And this includes LE!

MOO.

But for me, “hiding in plain sight” doesn’t jive with Chicago or Indianapolis for example. Hiding in plain sight means they live in Delphi, or the neighboring town JMO. Since this statement from LE, I just have never been able to buy into a theory that includes BG just visiting the bridge that day. He is currently still hiding in plain site.

(note, it’s taken me the better part of the week to do WS catching up and I’m still not there! No idea where this post will land)

MOO.

So, jumping off this, I wonder what it is exactly that leads them to believe he’s hiding in plain site.

Yesterday I was listening to the recent crawlspace podcast interview with KG. I found it interesting she believed BG certainly killed before or has killed after- or will certainly kill again.

I don’t believe this to be a foregone conclusion at all. I personally doubt he killed before and I very VERY much doubt he’s killed since or will kill again. I think A and L were targeted specifically and it was a one-time event.

I think dude is on his best best behavior now and wouldn’t dream of trying to get away with murder (literally!) again. He’s likely on borrowed time and the last thing he would do is attempt to get caught with a new murder.

Side note, but related- every time I listen to an interview with KG (or read a tweet like her recent one about the sketches), I’m newly frustrated. God love her- she’s in a position I can only sympathize with and cannot even imagine- but I wonder how much she’s helping the cause when there are so many things she says that I feel are either purely opinion stated as fact, or conflicting info.

Argh. Wish there was just ONE person in this case that I thought made sense when they are interviewed. And this includes LE!

MOO.

Well today must be Opposite Day for me in here because I definitely think he’s killed before, and I definitely think he’ll kill again, if he hasn’t already.

Last edited:

MOO.
I wish there was a LOVE button as I LOVE this post and agree !!
I have a question about KG latest podcast as I haven't listened to it yet...did she mention LE Carter coming to visit her ???

MOO.

I wish she wouldn't have said "I probably talk to him everyday, he's probably my neighbor.... or he lives an hour away." I understand in that region an hour away is still local but not everyone gets that. there's still a difference between living in Delphi, being her "neighbor" and being an hour away.

I wish she wouldn't have said "I probably talk to him everyday, he's probably my neighbor.... or he lives an hour away." I understand in that region an hour away is still local but not everyone gets that. there's still a difference between living in Delphi, being her "neighbor" and being an hour away.
She wasn't talking about the murderer was she? Whens she said she probably talks to him etc.

So, jumping off this, I wonder what it is exactly that leads them to believe he’s hiding in plain site.

Well today must be Opposite Day for me in here because I definitely think he’s killed before, and I definitely think he’ll kill again, if he hasn’t already.
Just opposite of me today margarita :D And I’m sure you aren’t the only one!

Like a previous poster said, it is fascinating how many different views we can all have of this crime at any given time.

Just opposite of me today margarita :D And I’m sure you aren’t the only one!

Like a previous poster said, it is fascinating how many different views we can all have of this crime at any given time.

Hi MJPeony, that was actually me who said today it was fascinating how many different views we can all have. :D

I’m not just opposite of you today lol- I had a respectful discussion with another member earlier about how we disagree too - And that’s okay! I wonder if Carter, Leazenby and Riley disagree with each other sometimes.

I actually saw that one time on a true crime episode: 3 LEs sitting in a boardroom, and all 3 of them leaned towards a different POI.

Last edited:

The strange thing about this is that they released the new sketch at the same time they came out and said he was local and hiding in plain sight. Those two things must be connected. If they just came out and said they actually thought he might be hiding in plain sight, you could theorize that they had done familial DNA testing and traced it to a local family line. If they had only released the new sketch and said: "actually, we think this is the guy" you could theorize they had gone back over tips and found a reason to give that sketch credibility. But theories that fit both are much harder.

The only thing I can think of at the moment is that maybe someone provided a very credible tip that implicated a group of people that are local to/familiar with the area. This group was much younger than the perp depicted in the original sketch. LE goes back over information and realizes that the second sketch/witness account of the man in the second sketch matches up to the new information perfectly.

For example, if someone overheard 2 younger men discussing the crime in detail that only the perp would know. The men were wearing sports uniforms/university sweatshirts/work uniforms that the informant recognized as being local. Now LE know he is local and based on the group involved they assume he active in the community, they strongly suspect he is the man depicted in the second sketch...they just don't know exactly which one out of the group he is.

Last edited:
I wish there was a LOVE button as I LOVE this post and agree !!
I have a question about KG latest podcast as I haven't listened to it yet...did she mention LE Carter coming to visit her ???

Sorry to butt in here, but I listened to this podcast. She did mention carter coming to visit her. She was discussing her and her families relationship with LE and she said that sometimes she calls Carter just to vent about how she feels and to speak about Libby. Then she said that he came to her house not so long ago to discuss internships- she didn't say that he comes to discuss the case with her. How did you guess that and what are you thinking?

Sorry to butt in here, but I listened to this podcast. She did mention carter coming to visit her. She was discussing her and her families relationship with LE and she said that sometimes she calls Carter just to vent about how she feels and to speak about Libby. Then she said that he came to her house not so long ago to discuss internships- she didn't say that he comes to discuss the case with her. How did you guess that and what are you thinking?
I really like the fact that DC visits her, but I feel for her. I’d probably jump out of my skin every time an LE showed up....wondering until I opened the door if there was news of an arrest :( MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME