Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #117

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier I stated “But with mass shooters, their motives and elements are often related to notoriety, mass casualties, automatic rifles...”

I do want to clarify that some SKs are motivated by the aspect of notoriety, but with the mass shooters it’s like a type of martyrdom, they don’t mind dying in the process. With SKs, there seems to be a clear differentiation between the hunter and the hunted.

There are some similarities again, not discounting that, as ultimately both of their goals are to kill, but as @Charlot123 mentioned, there is that element of sexual sadism, etc.

Is he a sadist? Only LE knows. My guess would be yes he is, moo.

Yes, agreed, was going to say the same thing about the RSOs and SP.

As for trucker, I’d be willing to bet this is something that they have strongly considered.

Was it 6000 billboards they originally had? Are they all gone now?

Something made them really shift focus, or “hone in” back in April. I wonder what that was.

This is the thing! Young mass shooters are driven by Herostratus complex, burn down the temple and get known, I think I wrote about it. To leave one’s name in Wikipedia after doing a heinous crime is their goal. And they don’t mind dying at all. But even the diaries of Eric Harris contain no specific hatred of women, rather, the opposite.

Serial killers prefer to stay unknown. This is why they often operate in dusk, or in hidden places. Yes, they are driven by sadism; if nothing else, even the horror the Delphi girls felt before their deaths was the act of a morbidly sadistic person.
Jealousy
Loathing
Lust
Love
Rejection
Revenge
Hatred

Staging of an old movie.

It is my understanding that in any missing child case, checking on RSO’s is standard operating procedure. That in itself should not indicate there was SA on Libby/Abby.
I’m not saying there was no SA...
About the billboards, I wondered if maybe LE thought BG was a trucker, because those were placed along highways, IIRC.
MOO

I agree with this. Also, people who commit violent crimes start with lesser crimes- the GSK for instance who went from buglarly, to sexual assault, to killing.

How close to the end of the bridge was Abby when she was looking down? How far was she from the ground beneath the bridge? I understand we look down to see where we are walking [so she obviously didn't fall through holes in the MHB]. Don't discount the possibility she was looking down at something on the ground. Was he down there loitering? Something to consider.
I'm repeating my thoughts from 2017: Abby doesn't look relaxed like one would certainly do, when the best friend is taking some nice photos on a sunny February day just for fun. MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, some thoughts:

(I hope I can articulate what I’m thinking, it’s going to take some effort to get there.)

Ugh, I haaate going here. Anyway.

So when Jessica Ridgeway was murdered, local LE cleaaaaaarly indicated that they thought the perp was local. I’m thinking about this (again) in regards to the last 4/22 PC in which the local aspect was emphasized.

When Jessica’s killer was on the loose, I used to say “He’s so close I can smell him”...And he was close. VERY close. But again, LE clearly indicated that imo. So I’m thinking about this now from the point of Delphi locals, how they may feel about this - Do they “feel” he is close? I imagine it probably varies like everything else here, but I do wonder about that. If any of them have that “he is close feeling”.

Back to Jessica’s case, in HINDSIGHT, only after seeing documents much later on, we found out a LOT of things, really awful things.

Like where exactly they found the “cross” that the perp left with her (part of) her body.

And what really was in her backpack that they found discarded on a residential street as a red herring.

Anyway my point is, :( , that LE KNEW what they were dealing with early on, in hindsight as I said, so, the way they appealed and emphasized that it was someone local—they had reason to think so based on evidence.

So with that being said, I’m wondering if the April 22 PC was something similar to that, like the WPD’s PCs in Jessica’s case, the same type of vibe as far as all this Shack and being local business.

I would imagine LE chooses their words carefully...

I believe I mentioned all this during the PC already, and many of us have mentioned similar things, that maybe BG really did communicate with LE, or did sooooomething, left some sort of a sign somewhere, did soooomething for them to come out and make this particular appeal in the way that they did.

So maybe it really is a local. For some reason my head is in other places so I think maybe I am all wrong.

So then how come nobody recognizes him? Is it because we all view the bridge pic and sketches so differently?

What about his voice then?

Now I remember this, when Jessica’s killer was still out on the streets, I was looking at EVERYONE sideways and that is NO JOKE. Looking at the guy standing next to me in the grocery line, my coworkers, etc...trust me it is NOT a good place to be. It is TERRIFYING.

So anyway, my point is, everyone is looking at everyone sideways right now, how do I know? Because I’ve been there.

And nobody recognizes him.

Hmm, so maybe the question for locals is, then, who HAVEN’T you seen for a while? Anyone who suddenly doesn’t come to church anymore, or to ball games, idk...
I believe, it isn't useful to search for him in little Delphi. Search for him in Indianapolis at least too. MOO

I'm repeating my thoughts from 2017: she doesn't look relaxed like one would certainly do, when the best friend is taking some nice photos on a sunny February day just for fun. MOO

If it indeed would be her first time on the bridge, she’d be scared but not willing to admit it. So looking slightly tense is not surprising.

It seems that Abby was of the type who are “ugly ducklings” in childhood and grow into beautiful swans. She was in the transition phase, was coquettish, trying different postures, profiles, semi-profiles, hats, gazes. It shows on many photos, she is aware of her budding beauty, her long legs. Libby seemed to understand it and apparently enjoyed taking flattering photos of her friend. (All MOO.)

On this photo, with face down, hair upswept, she looks very attractive. Maybe she knew her “best profile”, so to say, hence she chose to look down on that photo.

This is the thing! Young mass shooters are driven by Herostratus complex, burn down the temple and get known, I think I wrote about it. To leave one’s name in Wikipedia after doing a heinous crime is their goal. And they don’t mind dying at all. But even the diaries of Eric Harris contain no specific hatred of women, rather, the opposite.

Serial killers prefer to stay unknown. This is why they often operate in dusk, or in hidden places. Yes, they are driven by sadism; if nothing else, even the horror the Delphi girls felt before their deaths was the act of a morbidly sadistic person.

ETA: MOO

ETA: let us deprive him of the “Bridge Guy” notoriety.

How about addressing him as “Delphi sadist”, or “Delphi butcher”?
No matter, what you will call the BG officially in the future. The perp will not call him the same but only "monster", which shows a distance to this killer, the perp urgently needs to demonstrate. IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
If it indeed would be her first time on the bridge, she’d be scared but not willing to admit it. So looking slightly tense is not surprising.

It seems that Abby was of the type who are “ugly ducklings” in childhood and grow into beautiful swans. She was in the transition phase, was coquettish, trying different postures, profiles, semi-profiles, hats, gazes. It shows on many photos, they are coquettish, and she knows she has long legs. Libby seemed to understand it and apparently enjoyed taking flattering photos of her friend. All MOO.

On this photo, with face down, hair upswept, she looks very attractive. Maybe she knew her “best profile”, so to say, hence she chose to look down on that photo.
Her face shows, she is somewhat "ashamed". ( I don't know, if it is the 100% right term.) MOO

Her face shows, she is somewhat "ashamed". ( I don't know, if it is the 100% right term.) MOO

MOO - this is not how I view it. I saw other photos of Abby with her gaze “demurely” down, and it is very becoming. I always thought that there was something of a medieval Madonna in this modern girl, she had clear skin, round smooth eyelids. I shall find the one with gaze down.

MOO - if I see it, maybe someone else saw it, too? Remember one of the most commonly mentioned complex of a SK?

Hello,

Long time lurker, first time poster etc.

I have a question- does anyone else remember hearing or reading someone from LE saying that in the beginning they thought they had found their guy, but the FBI disagreed?

I can’t find the source for this, but I’d like to.

If this really was said, it makes me wonder what could be so definite that ISP would say “yes, this is our guy” does anyone remember this or have any thoughts?

I remember a comment supporting that idea coming up during the Virtual Detective interview of Leanzenby. Leazenby stated that they were told by the FBI how to proceed and take their direction.
It was obvious he didn't agree.

I don't know, if that is the reality. They would like to be admired for their "mastermind", I believe.

They used to send the police some “hints”, or “ruses”, to prove to themselves that they were smarter than everyone. April Tinsley’s killer went overboard with it.

But today, with the Inet, it is easy to live what they would consider “hints” at different SM outlets. To satisfy their conceit.

Think of someone well-known .... LE/FBI has a laaaaarge problem, I think. MOO

People who are really well-known can’t walk out of their houses with at least paparazzis, or bodyguards, or acolytes, or all of them.

Anyone else is not that powerful, and can be easily taken down. Of course, the lawyers are a problem. But you know, OJ...walked free, and yet I consider his life ruined.

It is my understanding that in any missing child case, checking on RSO’s is standard operating procedure. That in itself should not indicate there was SA on Libby/Abby.
I’m not saying there was no SA...
About the billboards, I wondered if maybe LE thought BG was a trucker, because those were placed along highways, IIRC.
MOO

I agree with this. Also, people who commit violent crimes start with lesser crimes- the GSK for instance who went from buglarly, to sexual assault, to killing.
I remember a comment supporting that idea coming up during the Virtual Detective interview of Leanzenby. Leazenby stated that they were told by the FBI how to proceed and take their direction.

Thank you! I am going to track this down.

I’d love to know why they had such different views.

Remember there was an FBI guy on scene practically from the get go, VERY early on, late afternoon of the first day search, who was said to be in town visiting family? I wonder if he had any influence in the direction things took. Could have been a trusted witness? Could have (unintentionally?) lead things astray?

Last edited:
Remember there was an FBI guy on scene practically from the get go, VERY early on, late afternoon of the first day search, who was said to be in town visiting family? I wonder if he had any influence in the direction things took. Could have been a trusted witness? Could have (unintentionally?) lead things astray?

Very interesting... to me, it looks the same, “a nonlocal visiting a family, the area is well- known to him”

For some reason I have a nagging feeling about places like Chicago and Indianapolis JMO MOO , something about the semi-local thing, not that close but close enough to take a little “trip”, past ties, traveling Hunter...anyway my profile imo. So I want to keep my eyes on other cases and cities as well.

Traveling for work?

ETA:
Me=Gerbil spinning

But for me, “hiding in plain sight” doesn’t jive with Chicago or Indianapolis for example. Hiding in plain sight means they live in Delphi, or the neighboring town JMO. Since this statement from LE, I just have never been able to buy into a theory that includes BG just visiting the bridge that day. He is currently still hiding in plain site.

(note, it’s taken me the better part of the week to do WS catching up and I’m still not there! No idea where this post will land)

MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member