Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #117

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a lot of people think LE is saying the perp is local because of how he navigated the area/the bridge, but this isn't the direction they seemed to initially take. Originally it seemed that they were thinking more along the lines of it being a serial killer, or someone passing through. Then the April presser happened, and the investigation started to look closer to home. This makes me think they have new information that indicates he is familiar with Delphi.
Remember there was an FBI guy on scene practically from the get go, VERY early on, late afternoon of the first day search, who was said to be in town visiting family? I wonder if he had any influence in the direction things took. Could have been a trusted witness? Could have (unintentionally?) lead things astray?
I don't know about that particular agent, but my guess about the focus on a local suspect is that the FBI's Behavioral Science Unit developed a comprehensive profile of the perp and that his being local was part of the profile.

Last edited:
So, jumping off this, I wonder what it is exactly that leads them to believe he’s hiding in plain site.

Well today must be Opposite Day for me in here because I definitely think he’s killed before, and I definitely think he’ll kill again, if he hasn’t already.

I'm not entirely convinced this killer has killed before. What I am more certain of is that he has committed crimes against women or young girls before. The one problem with that point, though, is you would think a victim would recognize him and call it in. Assuming such an assault or assaults were reported to LE.

Of course, as it has been pointed out before, if this guy has killed before maybe the victim was a runaway or labeled in error by LE as a runaway. And the body has either not been found or is an unidentified Jane Doe in another city.

I doubt he has killed since - too much publicity about this case.
I don't know whether he had killed before, but I think it's likely that he had offended before, even if he didn't get caught. He may have practiced by torturing and killing animals; he may have sexually assaulted pre-teen girls; etc. We've seen some very young serial killers lately, so the lower estimates on his age range do not preclude his having killed before. Previous victims, if there were are, were likely even younger than Abby and Libby.
-
I don't think he's killed since; he's still getting the attention he craves from press coverage of the Delphi murders. If the buzz around this case quiets down, then he'll probably kill again.

Last edited:
Wow, it is really Opposite Day for me in here :D

Let me ask you guys this, for all of you who think he hasn’t killed before, do you think he’s a younger perp? Because IF you believe him to be older, then perhaps you might not be as inclined to think he hasn’t killed before?

I think a lot of my speculations come from the fact that I believe him to be older. Today I think he’s 48. That’s my age of the day, if he was around 45 at the time of the killings.

(Ha that’s not even in LE’s age range of 18-40)

Listening to the audio again:

ABIGAIL WILLIAMS | Federal Bureau of Investigation

Ok, “guys” now sounds to me like it could be younger, but “DTH” still sounds older to me.

I’ve mentioned this before but nobody seemed interested lol - I really do wonder if there’s some sort of unnatural audio frequency which is a result of the processing on the audio file. For instance, if a filter is used to clean up or enhance the voice, perhaps there is an element of the original sample which is lost, or an artifact on the frequency that is added. This happens imo with digital remastering of classic albums. Sometimes it can really change a frequency, or element, which is why sometimes I like the original albums better than the remastered versions.

Obviously LE would have had their top professionals work on the audio file, and they would get it to a point to where they think it’s the cleanest. But I hear possibly some sort of “filter effect” on the voice which is a throatiness, or garbling, sorry don’t know the word, which to me is indicating an older sound to the voice. Perhaps it’s the movement which gives that effect that I’m hearing, or maybe it is in fact an accurate representation of his voice’s true frequency and tone.

I would like to know if the original audio sample retains the exact same tonality as the released clip, pre-processing—think of this like a digital image—sometimes when you go to clear it up, certain original elements may be not be retained.

I’m assuming it’s top notch professionals who worked on the audio file so maybe it is completely accurate without any effects or Bi-product acoustical elements.

Do we know if the audio was directly just cut and released in its original form, or was there a filter/effect run through it...was it copied? Even a slight filter could make a difference, moo. Has the audio file retained all its original qualities?

Last edited:
I have a wild card theory I’ve been mulling over, and I’d like opinions please.

What if the Perp(s) in this case are part of a larger online community on the dark web playing some psychotic killing game? They get to the next “level” by accomplishing various nefarious acts...like murder in a particular way.

If LE knows of similar types of murders where the “signature”is very similar but the DNA evidence doesn’t correlate, my theory just might not be as wild as it sounds.

amateur opinion and speculation

Wow, it is really Opposite Day for me here :D

Let me ask you guys this, for all of you who think he hasn’t killed before, do you think he’s a younger perp? Because IF you believe him to be older, then perhaps you might not be as inclined to think he hasn’t killed before?

I think a lot of my speculations come from the fact that I believe him to be older. Today I think he’s 48. That’s my age of the day.

Listening to the again:

Ok, “guys” now sounds to me like it could be younger, but “DTH” still sounds older to me.

I’ve mentioned this before but nobody seemed interested lol - I really do wonder if there’s some sort of unnatural audio frequency which is a result of the processing on the audio file. For instance, if a filter is used to clear up or enhance the voice, perhaps there is an element of the original which is lost. This happens imo with digital remastering of classic albums. Sometimes it can really change a frequency, or element. Sorry not explaining well.

Obviously LE would have had their top professionals work on the audio file, and they would get it to a point to where they think it’s the cleanest. Bt i hear possibly some sort of “filter” or “effect” on the voice which is a throatiness, or garbling, sorry don’t know the word, which to me is indicating an older sound to the voice. Perhaps it’s the movement which gives that effect.

Nobody liked this post before and I don’t expect them to like it this time around but would like to know if the original audio sample retains the exact same tonality as the released clip, pre-processing—think of this like a digital image—sometimes when you go to clear it up, certain original elements may be not be retained.

Now you would think these professionals would notice of this were the case.

I can’t explain myself.

Do we know if the audio was directly just cut and released in its original form, or was there a filter/effect run through it...was it copied? Even a slight filter could make a difference, moo.
Great question Mg25--"guys" to me sound familiar, nonchalantly, while DTH sound authoritative. We however do NOT know if what LE told us is accurate or not. I personally think there is more in the video between "guys" and DTH" but I am not an expert so it is JMO

What if the Perp(s) in this case are part of a larger online community on the dark web playing some psychotic killing game? They get to the next “level” by accomplishing various nefarious acts...like murder in a particular way.

If LE knows of similar types of murders where the “signature”is very similar but the DNA evidence doesn’t correlate, my theory just might not be as wild as it sounds.

That reminds me of Yingying Zhang's case in Illinois He was into a lot of the dark web games

I still think BG is younger. 25 max, but I also think there were two killers.

I think the first BG sketch led people waaaaaay off on what BG really looks like in the only vid/photo available.

I have the luxury of not buying in to two years of believing the original BG photo as being the guy on the bridge that day. I'm not saying that a POI that looks like him is not involved, but the NBG sketch of the younger lad, IMO, is way more accurate.

MOO, there is no hat on that guy on the bridge. He has no facial hair. His hair is there for me to see, the part, the color, the bangs. The hoodie is there too, bunched up behind his neck....that may appear to be a hat flap to some....but I ain't buyin' it.

Lordy, I'm goin' to bed. God Bless Libby and Abby.

I’ve always thought there was a “dark web” element to BG, but more in terms of *advertiser censored*, but really if he was on the dark web, other things could interest him, anything to do with murder, snuff and that sort of thing. I’ll have to double check, but I thiiiink THOR was still up and running before the FBI shut them down.

Roses, anything is possible. Perhaps his motivation is strictly “kill-oriented”. I don’t know though because I keep going back to history and what all past cases tell us, that when young females are killed by an older male, there is often if not always a sexual motive. I’m still waiting to find that case that changes this for me and proves as a clear exception which could be similar here. Also, there does always have to be a first time for everything, so maybe this crime is so unique and doesn’t compare to other cases...perhaps crimes can evolve and change with the advancement of technology if new opportunities are presented.

As far as your theory goes, if there’s one thing about the “dark web”, it’s “birds of a feather”...

Iirc, you have leaned towards a connection to Lizzie and Lyric (if not, please disregard, my bad)...do you still feel this way?

Last edited:
I don't think he's killed since; he's still getting the attention he craves from press coverage of the Delphi murders. If the buzz around this case quiets down, then he'll probably kill again.
Interesting point. My theory was he wasn't killing again due to fear of being caught. But this theory really sounds more like a psychopath and I wonder if he isn't getting off on this attention. I've said it before, I strongly suspect he is on here, possibly as a guest and not signed in. Sitting in his beanbag chair in his underwear and eating Cheetos.

Last edited:

Very, very far fetched.

I’ve always thought there was a “dark web” element to BG, but more in terms of *advertiser censored*. I’ll have to double check, but I thiiiink THOR was still up and running before the FBI shut them down.

Roses, anything is possible. Perhaps his motivation is strictly “kill-oriented”. I don’t know though because I keep going back to history and what all past cases tell us, then when young females are killed by an older male, there is often if not always a sexual motive. I’m still waiting to find that case that changes this for me and proves as a clear exception which could be similar here.

As far as your theory goes, if there’s one thing about the “dark web”, it’s “birds of a feather”...

Iirc, you have leaned towards a connection to Lizzie and Lyric (if not, please disregard, my bad)...do you still feel this way?
Good memory. Yes, I absolutely do.

Amateur opinion and speculation

However, it could be about a different power. Power to maintain status and/or control in a community or organization.

(BBM, and SBM for focus)

Totally agree with this hypothesis, @stattlich1.

Consider the consequences (real or imagined by the killer) were this crime not committed: Someone (whose identity we do not yet know) would suffer the loss of... (choose one, or all, of the following)... a good reputation (cannot be bought/paid for; A good name is better than great riches..., as the saying goes), the respect of the community, or (worst case) the loss of their job (could even be a job/vocation that they have done well, and very honorably, for many years).

Imagine: What if one or both of the girls had seen/known about something that could have put some highly esteemed individual's reputation at risk? Rather than risk that information's (whatever it was, and this is all just MOO/speculation) becoming public knowledge, what if someone felt it necessary to simply... silence possible witnesses? (Hurts my heart to even write this possibility.)

What kind of deed would be believed to be so dreadful that it would cause someone to take not one (which is horrible enough), but two lives?

Wow, it is really Opposite Day for me in here :D

I think a lot of my speculations come from the fact that I believe him to be older. Today I think he’s 48. That’s my age of the day, if he was around 45 at the time of the killings.

Listening to the audio again:

I’ve mentioned this before but nobody seemed interested lol - I really do wonder if there’s some sort of unnatural audio frequency which is a result of the processing on the audio file. For instance, if a filter is used to clean up or enhance the voice, perhaps there is an element of the original sample which is lost, or an artifact on the frequency that is added. This happens imo with digital remastering of classic albums. Sometimes it can really change a frequency, or element, which is why sometimes I like the original albums better than the remastered versions.

Obviously LE would have had their top professionals work on the audio file, and they would get it to a point to where they think it’s the cleanest. But I hear possibly some sort of “filter effect” on the voice which is a throatiness, or garbling, sorry don’t know the word, which to me is indicating an older sound to the voice. Perhaps it’s the movement which gives that effect that I’m hearing, or maybe it is in fact an accurate representation of his voice’s true frequency and tone.

I would like to know if the original audio sample retains the exact same tonality as the released clip, pre-processing—think of this like a digital image—sometimes when you go to clear it up, certain original elements may be not be retained.

I’m assuming it’s top notch professionals who worked on the audio file so maybe it is completely accurate without any effects or Bi-product acoustical elements.

Do we know if the audio was directly just cut and released in its original form, or was there a filter/effect run through it...was it copied? Even a slight filter could make a difference, moo. Has the audio file retained all its original qualities?
A young person can have a hoarse-sounding voice. Horror-movie actress Jill Schoelen comes to mind; I can't think of a famous male example off the top of my head.

rsbm
Imagine: What if one or both of the girls had seen/known about something that could have put some highly esteemed individual's reputation at risk? Rather than risk that information's (whatever it was, and this is all just MOO/speculation) becoming public knowledge, what if someone felt it necessary to simply... silence possible witnesses? (Hurts my heart to even write this possibility.)

What kind of deed would be believed to be so dreadful that it would cause someone to take not one (which is horrible enough), but two lives?

If SA was not the motive here, then a second theory would be that they were killed because one of them knew or saw something incriminating towards another individual(s), imo. But again, whoever did this would have to have known they were on the bridge and have been close enough to get there in time from the time of the SC post, if that was indeed how they knew, which would indicate a local or semi local. There’s the possibility of course that IF he knew they were in that area, it might not necessarily have been via the SC post.

Then there’s the whole meth problem round those parts (and other parts).

Meth-induced psychosis and rage is real.

Last edited:
If SA was not the motive here, then a second theory would be that they were killed because one of them knew or saw something incriminating towards another individual(s), imo. But again, whoever did this would have to have known they were on the bridge and have been close enough to get there on time from the SC post, which would indicate a local or semi local.

Then there’s the whole meth problem round those parts (and other parts).

Meth induced psychosis and rage is real.
I do think sexual assault was absolutely the motive. However, I’m really hung up on the two girls together aspect. So unusual. I don’t quite understand the psychological driver there. So risky.
ETA that if the sketch is right, his face looks too full and nourished to be a meth head IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member