Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #141

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
30mm
Chapter 2: The Day Delphi Changed - Down The Hill: The Delphi Murders - Omny.fm
Carter: "The crime scene was from the trailhead on."
Riley said: "Walking, it's about a quarter of a mile from where the bodies were found to where the video was taken."

So if we walk back from where the bodies were found, where does that put us?
My New Year's resolution was to never again suggest the bodies were farther east than the assumed below-the-cemetery location, and then you had to go and quote KR saying, "Walking, it's about a quarter of a mile from where the bodies were found to where the video was taken." From the end of the bridge, the assumed spot is 1/8 a mile at best, if you zig zag. This is like the 4th or 5th LE distance reference that either indicates the bodies were farther east than we think, or that LE doesn't know how to measure. Thanks, @FrostedGlass, now I need a new resolution.;)

ETA: If you measure from the assumed body location to 1/4 mile, it takes you to where the bridge is right over the creek. jmo

Last edited:
I don't think they made that shack reference by accident. Beats me what it means, though I have my ideas.
I need a syllabus in advance when we talk locations.
Last night I was measuring, beneath the cemetery is the half way mark (walking, not as the crow flies) between the bridge end and the closest shed that I could find. I've seen people suppose about ATVs and deer sleds. IMO that's the only way any of that makes sense... I don't see making multiple trips or one trip with one person. not on uneven terrain, late night (dark) or early morning (extreme fog) across +/- 1/4 mile distance

My New Year's resolution was to never again suggest the bodies were farther east than the assumed below-the-cemetery location, and then you had to go and quote KR saying, "Walking, it's about a quarter of a mile from where the bodies were found to where the video was taken." From the end of the bridge, the assumed spot is 1/8 a mile at best, if you zig zag. This is like the 4th or 5th LE distance reference that either indicates the bodies were farther east than we think, or that LE doesn't know how to measure. Thanks, @FrostedGlass, now I need a new resolution.;)

ETA: If you measure from the assumed body location to 1/4 mile, it takes you to where the bridge is right over the creek. jmo
There was something about you digressing yesterday that made me do it.
You said:
(and yes, I still believe it could have been farther east than the spot below the cemetery, but I digress...).

I don't think they made that shack reference by accident. Beats me what it means, though I have my ideas.

That was almost two years ago now. I can’t see a reason for LE to offer a blatant message in the form of a book/movie title to the killer, as he’d already know if a shack was involved. Not very ingenious if you ask me. If anything it got the public going, as if we thought we were given a exciting clue so we could figure everything out. But true crime doesn’t work that way.

May 2022 be a year of progress on this case, the families deserve resolution and Justice for Libby and Abby!

But that was still 2021... :)
So now that it may not be just either/or, what do you think?

I still have the screen cap from whatever newspaper posted a map showing the body location further east. I liked that one because of its close proximity to that little outbuilding.

For whatever reason, I completely missed (until today) that the crime scene began at the trailhead.

I know they want to keep details in case of confessions. They missed an opportunity for the perp family members to identify - at the time- the suspect. 5 years on might be too late.

Example - if they were stabbed, there would be blood or missing clothing -- a false confession would not identify the exact weapon (in any method) IMO, MOO

So now that it may not be just either/or, what do you think?

I still have the screen cap from whatever newspaper posted a map showing the body location further east. I liked that one because of its close proximity to that little outbuilding.

For whatever reason, I completely missed (until today) that the crime scene began at the trailhead.
I guess my feelings about what might have happened haven't changed a whole lot since early on. DC stating that the crime scene begins at the trail head, imo, indicates that BG might have seen, spoken to, or started following the girls pretty much right from the beginning. Him engaging them at the end of the bridge like he did...L's video just feels like he's bearing down on them, you know? And I think the girls felt that, too.

My interpretation of some of the things the family have said about the audio, plus the immediate "guys...down the hill" upon reaching them, is that he had engaged with them somewhere earlier on the trail. That is purely speculation, though.

As for the distance and body location, that is something based solely on comments made by LE, media and neighbors. If the distances weren't consistently farther than what the assumed location is, I would chalk it up to vagueness and let it go. After all, there are very reasonable arguments for the spot being below the cemetery. But the distances, even given in various terms of starting points, ARE consistently farther. IDK.

And I understand a lot of people think it really doesn't matter in the scheme of things, either, but I beg to differ. Walking them twice the distance, and what that means in terms of isolating and controlling them, time spent with them, finding them after-the-fact, exiting the cs, and whatever else changes with every added step. JMO.

I guess my feelings about what might have happened haven't changed a whole lot since early on. DC stating that the crime scene begins at the trail head, imo, indicates that BG might have seen, spoken to, or started following the girls pretty much right from the beginning. Him engaging them at the end of the bridge like he did...L's video just feels like he's bearing down on them, you know? And I think the girls felt that, too.

My interpretation of some of the things the family have said about the audio, plus the immediate "guys...down the hill" upon reaching them, is that he had engaged with them somewhere earlier on the trail. That is purely speculation, though.

As for the distance and body location, that is something based solely on comments made by LE, media and neighbors. If the distances weren't consistently farther than what the assumed location is, I would chalk it up to vagueness and let it go. After all, there are very reasonable arguments for the spot being below the cemetery. But the distances, even given in various terms of starting points, ARE consistently farther. IDK.

And I understand a lot of people think it really doesn't matter in the scheme of things, either, but I beg to differ. Walking them twice the distance, and what that means in terms of isolating and controlling them, time spent with them, finding them after-the-fact, exiting the cs, and whatever else changes with every added step. JMO.

For what it’s worth. The Robinson property is just east of RL’s.

Community shaken, saddened by bodies found in Delphi | wthr.com

For what it’s worth. The Robinson property is just east of RL’s.

Community shaken, saddened by bodies found in Delphi | wthr.com
Thank you for the link. In it:

The crime scene is about the length of a football field from Robinson’s back door.

Unless this early reporting was incorrect about the location the girls were found, a football field would be in the vicinity of RL's far south-eastern lot, along the southern boundary bordering the creek. The assumed below-cemetery body location would be closer to 1500 feet, as the crow flies (over 4 football field lengths) from their place.

Are you comfortable sharing your ideas? I read The Shack a long time ago but I haven't a clue re: that reference .

Well, for one, the book includes that serial killer called Little Ladykiller.

It's an explicitly religious work, though nonstandard theology, so I think there's a connection to religion that's more than the consolation of the girls being in heaven. If they wanted that, they could have referred directly to Biblical texts or other, less controversial books. That plus the appeal to the killer's conscience has made me think possibly the killer tracked the girls through church, Sunday School, or other church-related activity.

Physical shack is a possibility.

I have wondered whether there was something at the scene to make them think the killer had read the book.

Well, for one, the book includes that serial killer called Little Ladykiller.

It's an explicitly religious work, though nonstandard theology, so I think there's a connection to religion that's more than the consolation of the girls being in heaven. If they wanted that, they could have referred directly to Biblical texts or other, less controversial books. That plus the appeal to the killer's conscience has made me think possibly the killer tracked the girls through church, Sunday School, or other church-related activity.

Physical shack is a possibility.

I have wondered whether there was something at the scene to make them think the killer had read the book.
The Shack played on tbe local TV market in Indiana, it was a community event, many watched it together.
MOO Carter mentioned it because everyone had just seen the movie andot was ptetty topical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helangel