Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #142

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's obvious the jacket is open from the picture( maybe possibly snapped at the bottom). I've always believed that where some think it is a kill kit, I see a hand. JMO

That's very true that the bridge put a barrier between himself and any witnesses. To me, though, the bridge, along with the formal end of the trail and the creek itself, worked in conjunction to corner the girls, leaving them no way to go back the direction from which they came. In all reality, somebody could have entered the trail and gotten to the north end of bridge before he even reached the south end. Or they could have started crossing while he and the girls were walking down below. Even if he'd watched for other people for awhile on the north side, there was no way for him to know who might enter the picture in the minutes it took for him to cross, or in the time it took for them to go DTH and through the creek. Imo, it just shows how very risky it all was. The element of the unknown in a crime like this makes me question how much thought he really put into it before hand, things such as where to park, where to exit, etc. I don't think there was much planning involved, or else he could have planned something with less risk. IDK...just tossing around the idea. And I guess if anyone had entered the picture unexpectedly, he could have just not gone through with it.

Thanks @TL4S, for this well-thought out post!

As you've stated "And I guess if anyone had entered the picture unexpectedly, he could have just not gone through with it."

Timing and luck was on his side that day, so dreadfully sad.

Last edited:
Did anyone capture the pictures that WebSight put on at the beginning of all this of her daughter walking to simulate BG ? They have been taken off the Image thread. I'm looking for the picture where she replaced her daughter with the BG photo. Please post if you have it.

It's obvious the jacket is open from the picture( maybe possibly snapped at the bottom). I've always believed that where some think it is a kill kit, I see a hand. JMO
I’m sorry but it’s not obvious to me. Here is a link to the picture from Daily Mail. It looks to me like the jacket is buttoned or snapped closed but may also have a zipper that is not done. It opens at the top. At least that’s what I see. MOO

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/0...train_tracks_towards_t-m-13_1569763628447.jpg

His pants would not have been wet above the ankle. If he crossed the creek, he likely did it at the spot where it was only a couple of inches deep.

Everything I’ve ever read talked about the water being at least a foot or more deep at where they probably crossed.
That’s what I was basing it on but either way, his pants and shoes would have been wet.

Snipped and BBM from acutename post.

A crazy thing to me is, IMO, that if they interviewed the murderer, they (the police) most definitely heard the voice

Just like Sheriff Leazenby said in that 2-part HLN special "Down The Hill". At around 1:15 mark in the preview video, in this People's article.

I can't watch the special again to find the bigger conversation he says it in. Unfortunately not all of HLN's specials are available for re-watching on my cable service's on demand.

HLN Special Down the Hill Examines Unsolved 2017 Murders of 2 Indiana Girls

I know he says the voice sounds familiar; he's heard it before. Didn't they tape any of their interviews? Did they have people say "dth?"

Dear @somequestions,

You are such a wonderful, compassionate person for submitting the information to the tip line!

The theory of a refrigerated truck driver makes great sense and is certainly possible, especially your comment that perhaps explained why BG was so bundled up on a mild day!

There are car washes near Monon High Bridge- where a truck parked there for hours - would not seem amiss.

Some are within a short walking distance along the highway.

Is it possible that BG parked at a car wash nearby and then walked to the trails?

If BG walked up to the car wash - completely soaked (or soaked on his legs), that would not seem amiss at a car wash.

It might seem like he was heavily splashed while washing his vehicle and I don't think anyone would find this unusual at a car wash.

I'd love to hear others' opinions on this. Thanks in advance!

James Brian Chadwell: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

“I’ve had this school boy crush on this girl since the car wash and train trussle. I’m not what she deserves but I’m trying to be something. Even if she never talks to me again, at least I’ll know I was a part. Baby. Please don’t make me keep searching for you, when I know exactly where you are. You will always be my dream girl. Can we just skip all the formalities?”

Thank you. That is nice of you to say. Since they say they investigate every tip, I imagine it was investigated and police moved on from it for whatever reason. I will do the same.

I’m sorry but it’s not obvious to me. Here is a link to the picture from Daily Mail. It looks to me like the jacket is buttoned or snapped closed but may also have a zipper that is not done. It opens at the top. At least that’s what I see. MOO

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/0...train_tracks_towards_t-m-13_1569763628447.jpg

So what to you think the white lines are in the chest area and lower(not the white thing at his neck)if his jacket is buttoned up?

Just a quick comment about jacket being zipped/buttoned up. A lot of conceal carry jackets/shirts have breakaway buttons. Basically it can look like a zipper (hidden) or buttons but really it’s quick snaps. So if it is indeed a carry jacket, then they may be quick snaps.

Ted Bundy returned to the body of many of his victims. I believe Gary Ridgeway also was suspected of returning. I just hear this week that they suspect Larry Bell returned to at least one of his victims. There are of course many killers who keep the bodies in their house for post-mortem activity. I know there are more but can't think of any off the top of my head. There are also many victims who aren't found or found long after their death which we have no way of knowing - I suspect that if someone is planning on returning, they would take more care to leave the body in a secluded place.

But the difference is (besides the fact that TB and GRK definitely returned for post-mortem activity) lies in the fact that neither made an exhibition out of their dead. If anything, TB hid several skulls on a mountain, then abandoned. GRK also did not expose his victims. Some suspected ones still can not be found.

This guy - I don’t know whether he made the scene for himself, mostly, or for the public, but he was smart enough to understand that they’d be found soon. At best, he did not care. At worst, he wanted them to be seen like it.

This is strikingly different from both GRK and TB. Both of these SK got more disorganized with time (untreated mental illness progressing?).

Regarding the state of the bodies I doubt if the examiners on the scene and in the autopsy can do much more than give a range. IOW, that info by itself may not be able to tell LE if they were killed at 3PM or 5PM. And if one of the girls did not immediately die but was still alive for a couple of hours or more could complicate things. I'm not in LE, but it would seem to be a combination of events in addition to the autopsy. When the girls were last known to be alive (video/audio from phone), when they failed to respond to texts/calls, if witnesses believed they saw the killer after 2:45-3:15PM, other visitors' statements about that afternoon/evening, any other evidence collected at the scene, etc.

Maybe I’m being optimistic, but I’ve always felt that LE has someone in mind but there’s a (false) alibi. Once the alibi giver comes clean, then maybe there will be some momentum.

Agreed. I'm not certain if it has ever been mentioned how many people were on those walking trails that day during that time frame. Did any of the other hikers see this man, dressed this way?

OK, I figured out by digging around that this "3:15" was actually "3;30" and originated from the leaked texts that said that's what the coroner's report said. When TL was asked about it in the printed Carroll County Comet interview, he said he doesn't recall a specific time, but a timeline. I can't find any place that LE actually stated this. I'm going to alert my own post for moderators to decide if this is something that should continue to be discussed as fact.

County Sheriff answers double homicide questions from readers - Carroll County Comet

ADMIN NOTE:

UNLESS you can provide an MSM or LE link that confirms/verifies in print that LE stated “it was all over by 3:15”, it is considered a RUMOR, cannot be discussed, and will be removed. You can see how easily simple offhand comments can spin a thread off into a direction that is not based in any facts as known. THANK YOU for your unceasing efforts to uphold the high WS standards!

I've always thought that he was wearing a denim or Carhartt jacket buttoned at the bottom or only slightly zipped, over a (probably brown) hoodie, and the double layering is what makes him look bulky. He could be quite thin underneath. But as fuzzy as the photo is, I freely admit I'm likely to be wrong and anybody else's interpretation could be right.

8 days to come - 5 years ago ...................

02.03.2017 — One thousand orange light bulbs were donated by Lowe's today, and the Delphi Lions Club will be distributing them to residents for free.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member