Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #92

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What if Libby and Abby trusted this person... and the suspect had planned a convincing ruse to get the girls “down the hill”. He would have had to have planned the kill in order to subdue both girls when they were far enough off the trail, ultimately taking them by surprise, as I fear he will do to us and LE. MOO the new recording does not sound as menacing as it does authoritarian. The use of the phrase “guys” strikes me as being an attempt to enlist their cooperation
Just my own personal feeling is he was not known, nor trusted by either girl. MOO

So going back to the presser, that was obviously carefully scripted by experts with specific intentions, why do you think he said "how you left them is NOT what they are experiencing today" in an assertive tone? To me that seems like it should be obvious, they are experiencing eternal glory in heaven today, the opposite of the evil state of murder they were left in. So why state the obvious, what was the point of that? Did the perp leave them in such a way that he feels he is the one who "saved them" from evil? That kinda fits the theme of the rest of the presser, timing of Easter weekend (for Christians that weekend is all about being saved), the Shack reference, and points to someone in the religious community or someone who is pretty outward about preaching their faith.

Bridge Guy is still the suspect. He just looks completely different than we thought.

I just think Bridge Guy is much too respectful and unassuming of a name for a vicious killer of two innocent teenagers. This name originated back when LE requested the person in Libby’s video to come forward because he might have information, yet it stuck even when he became the prime suspect.

Hopefully the initials BG can be replaced with the name of an officially accused person very soon!

I have been thinking a ton about the psychology involved in the PC (which I am siding with the people who think that every word was carefully chosen to speak directly to the killer).

Particularly, what are everyone's thoughts on the mention of "The Shack," I understand it jives with the religious implications, but maybe this was mentioned for an even more direct reason. I am sure this would have already been posted if it were the case, but how many "shack"-type buildings are in Delphi (this can't be a bizarre question, it's a small town, I think it'd be possible to look into).

And, if that's a completely wrong direction to take based on "The Shack" comments in the PC, what are everyone's thoughts on the potential idea that LE knows the perp has read the book. Maybe they've interviewed him & seen it in his house, maybe another witness has indicated their main suspect is obsessed with it, maybe he gave some sort of religious lecture relating to the book at some point.

I just don't think they randomly mentioned "The Shack." There has to be a reason that they thought it'd send a specific message to the perp. Of course this is all IMO. Just wondering what theories are floating out there about the implication of "The Shack" comments during the PC.

You know this may seem crazy but your comment made me think of code. Like numbers corresponding to pages in a book?

There is a lot of blur and distortion of the perps face in the video IMO. Its very difficult/nearly impossible to make out distinct facial features. MOO

So true, yet my impression is of a larger nose than the current sketch. Then I have stopped to consider how drastically my own appearance differs, when attempting a decent selfie. Considering that, it is all the more difficult for us to “see” his face.

It's not "hateful". I'm far more suspicious of any man who works with children for the church than any other profession.

I worked for 10 years in a support group for Childhood Survivors of Sexual Abuse. Believe it or not, religious workers were not the primary abusers of the survivors that I met. Most were abused by boyfriends of their mothers, or by daycare or babysitters. Many by their own family members.

Some were abused by coaches or teachers or pastors. But religious workers were not the majority of abusers, by far.

It bothered me greatly that RL was drug through the mud so much in this very forum. SMH

I know what you mean, it did me too. It also became a great example of why it can sometimes be very wise for people to refuse to be interviewed by the media and instead just remain anonymous.

What if Libby and Abby trusted this person... and the suspect had planned a convincing ruse to get the girls “down the hill”. He would have had to have planned the kill in order to subdue both girls when they were far enough off the trail, ultimately taking them by surprise, as I fear he will do to us and LE. MOO the new recording does not sound as menacing as it does authoritarian. The use of the phrase “guys” strikes me as being an attempt to enlist their cooperation
I don't think she would have taken his picture or videoed him if something about him didn't scare them or worry them. JMO

Bridge Guy seems to be sporting a rather distinctive waist pack. Didn't notice that before.

My apologies if this has been discussed to death....

So going back to the presser, that was obviously carefully scripted by experts with specific intentions, why do you think he said "how you left them is NOT what they are experiencing today" in an assertive tone? To me that seems like it should be obvious, they are experiencing eternal glory in heaven today, the opposite of the evil state of murder they were left in. So why state the obvious, what was the point of that? Did the perp leave them in such a way that he feels he is the one who "saved them" from evil? That kinda fits the theme of the rest of the presser, timing of Easter weekend (for Christians that weekend is all about being saved), the Shack reference, and points to someone in the religious community or someone who is pretty outward about preaching their faith.
I agree, the emphasis on that does seem to play into "The Shack" comment. In my stewing over the possible religion theme, and adding it to the "power" comments, I'm still feeling maybe the two are related. MsBetsy put it well (and I'm paraphrasing), the killer is NOT the one with ultimate power. In a way, that takes all the meaning away for the murderer. JMO

So true, yet my impression is of a larger nose than the current sketch. Then I have stopped to consider how drastically my own appearance differs, when attempting a decent selfie. Considering that, it is all the more difficult for us to “see” his face.

I’ve convinced myself I’m way better looking than my selfies indicate.

I agree to a certain extent. But with all of the religious implications in the PC, as well as Carter saying how the killer left the girls is not how they are in Heaven, it makes me wonder if the motive didn't have to do with a perceived relationship between the girls. They were best friends who were always together-my BFF and I were that same at that age, and both of us were asked by our parents if we were in a relationship. We weren't, we've just always been very close, but I could see why people would think that.

I am not saying this is the case, at all, but the references in the PC to religion, as well as seeming to be sure the BG is an upstanding member of the community in some way, is sticking with me. JMO
I’ve always had this idea floating around in my head. Something at the beginning made me think there was something more than two dead girls at the crime scene that made it even more disturbing. Something perhaps sexually suggestive. Just my impression though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshuasaunt