Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #99

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or driver. Didn't they say "driver of a vehicle?"

April 22 Press Conference,
Original LE request:

"We're seeking the public's help to identify the driver of a vehicle that was parked at the old CPS DCS welfare building in the city of Delphi that was abandoned on the east side of County Road 300 North next to the Hoosier Heartland highway between the hours of noon to 5:00 on February 14th 2017. If you were parked there or know who was parked there please contact the officers at the command post at the Delphi city building."

May 7 News Article (link below)
Latest LE request:

"We're still looking for the car that was parked in the lot," Riley told News 18. "If somebody can give us that information, we want that information as quickly as possible."
"Somebody may have already interviewed him," said Riley. "I'm not going to say they have or have not, but there's a possibility that has happened. The person apparently gave the investigating officers the information they were looking for. We have to try to go back and check on the information that we have received."

The importance of the car also ties into why police now believe the killer is local. Riley said after reviewing many tips, investigators determined he was able to get around quickly on the day the girls were killed, and seemed to know the area.
The car would have been seen between noon and five on Feb. 13, 2017 at the old DCS parking lot, according to police. The office is on County Road 300 North near the Hoosier Heartland Highway. The building has since been demolished and the lot is vacant.
Since police believe the killer is local, and because the case has received so much of their focus over the last two years, News 18 also asked Riley if there was a chance the killer could be someone police have already interviewed.
(more at link)
ISP on Delphi killer: 'Somebody may have already interviewed him'

Last edited:
Ah yes. I recall this now. Also, I would like to reintroduce the description Derrick gave of the man he spoke with. Did he have a scarf on?
From what is said in the GH video Derrick came across an older man wearing a plaid shirt at the trail head. A witness that Derrick somehow just missed said she saw the "suspect" near the trail head heading in the direction of the Freedom Bridge who was wearing a scarf.

I still can’t get the Packers Plant out of my head. Just came across this old article again:

Wheels for Work ministry gives riders a second chance
May 23, 2014
‘Wheels for Work’ ministry gives riders a second chance

"It was Thursday afternoon and Matthew Savage lingered near the doors of the Marathon Gas station near the corner of Ferry and Ninth streets. He was waiting for a shuttle to give him a ride to Indiana Packers Corp. in Delphi where he works.

Snip

"...currently homeless and staying in the overnight shelter at Lafayette Urban Ministry."

Snip

".... the shuttle, a white van with a large eagle painted on it, will arrive close to 2 p.m. like it always does..."

Snip

"The shuttle service is called Wheels for Work and is a ministry of Hope Cathedral church in Lafayette. The small church’s pastor, Kim Dickens, started the service 18 months ago to initially help the downtrodden, the homeless or those with criminal records find employment and keep it.

The shuttle takes job seekers to Indiana Packers during the week to apply for a job. It takes new hires to physicals and orientation. It also transports paid employees as long as they need a ride for a weekly fee of $60.

The shuttle even picks up job seekers from Tippecanoe County Community Corrections."

Snip

"...doing ministry in the Tippecanoe County Jail."

Snip

"Even though the shuttle transports about 30 job applicants a week to the pork production plant, there’s still a need, he said."

I always pictured an identifiable vehicle, not an average unnoticeable one, so this is good thinking. For some reason, I pictured an old car, like from the 50's or older. Anyway, something that would stand out. For some reason, LE thinks someone will remember from 2 years ago and the driver of that vehicle. Could even have been an ambulance or a hearse.

That sounds very plausible! But who will remember - even so distinguished- car seen two years ago?

Underlined by me. I don't have evidence, but I always assumed that Libby's phone was found at/near the crime scene. Seeing this new quote lends credence to the what some have found to be an off-hand type remark about Libby's phone "pinging all over town" that day. I had assumed he had meant before the girls disappeared, as it has been mentioned that Libby was asking around for a ride to the park that day.

Now, I think the perp had Libby's phone, and carried it around town later that day to locations that investigators may make the case for the perp being a local or locally connected (seem to know the area).

Also, "the importance of the car being local." How would they know that unless they had the tag number OR was there some local business advertisement on the car? For example only: Uber sign? Pizza delivery? What other cars would have a local business advertised on them? Car seems to rule out a work truck type vehicle, plumber etc.

What say you? Looking for feedback. TIA.
Maybe killer did take the phone and maybe returned to the scene with one or more people to search? So the 1-5 VOI timeline could have a small break in it?

April 22 Press Conference,
Original LE request:

"We're seeking the public's help to identify the driver of a vehicle that was parked at the old CPS DCS welfare building in the city of Delphi that was abandoned on the east side of County Road 300 North next to the Hoosier Heartland highway between the hours of noon to 5:00 on February 14th 2017. If you were parked there or know who was parked there please contact the officers at the command post at the Delphi city building."

May 7 New Article,
Latest LE request:

"We're still looking for the car that was parked in the lot," Riley told News 18. "If somebody can give us that information, we want that information as quickly as possible."
The importance of the car also ties into why police now believe the killer is local. Riley said after reviewing many tips, investigators determined he was able to get around quickly on the day the girls were killed, and seemed to know the area.
The car would have been seen between noon and five on Feb. 13, 2017 at the old DCS parking lot, according to police. The office is on County Road 300 North near the Hoosier Heartland Highway. The building has since been demolished and the lot is vacant.
Since police believe the killer is local, and because the case has received so much of their focus over the last two years, News 18 also asked Riley if there was a chance the killer could be someone police have already interviewed.
"Somebody may have already interviewed him," said Riley. "I'm not going to say they have or have not, but there's a possibility that has happened. The person apparently gave the investigating officers the information they were looking for. We have to try to go back and check on the information that we have received."

Thanks for this:

ISP on Delphi killer: 'Somebody may have already interviewed him'

I still can’t get the Packers Plant out of my head. Just came across this old article again:

Wheels for Work ministry gives riders a second chance
May 23, 2014
‘Wheels for Work’ ministry gives riders a second chance

"It was Thursday afternoon and Matthew Savage lingered near the doors of the Marathon Gas station near the corner of Ferry and Ninth streets. He was waiting for a shuttle to give him a ride to Indiana Packers Corp. in Delphi where he works.

Snip

"...currently homeless and staying in the overnight shelter at Lafayette Urban Ministry."

Snip

".... the shuttle, a white van with a large eagle painted on it, will arrive close to 2 p.m. like it always does..."

Snip

"The shuttle service is called Wheels for Work and is a ministry of Hope Cathedral church in Lafayette. The small church’s pastor, Kim Dickens, started the service 18 months ago to initially help the downtrodden, the homeless or those with criminal records find employment and keep it.

The shuttle takes job seekers to Indiana Packers during the week to apply for a job. It takes new hires to physicals and orientation. It also transports paid employees as long as they need a ride for a weekly fee of $60.

The shuttle even picks up job seekers from Tippecanoe County Community Corrections."

Snip

"...doing ministry in the Tippecanoe County Jail."

Snip

"Even though the shuttle transports about 30 job applicants a week to the pork production plant, there’s still a need, he said."

BBM
Oh, God...

No mention of a scarf.
I will not be able to put my fingers on a link right now, but I somehow recall that this man mentioned was in his early 70's and was well-known for walking the trails. JMO
Thank you. Has this man come forward to speak to LE about who he saw on the trails that day? If he's familiar with the trails and well known for being there, perhaps he would have noticed who was out of place or seemed weird.

At the 18:03 mark - GH mentions that the witness saw the suspect with a scarf on.

How the heck did I miss this detail? Is this a new piece of info?
Is this regarding the suspect in Sketch 1 or Sketch 2?
So is this scarf seen by the witness on the "suspect" what we are all trying to figure out on the video of BG? Scarf not a mask, respirator or balaclava....

I can’t think of a reason for investigators to claim the phone was found near the bodies if it was retrieved elsewhere. If the perp had possession of the phone he’d know that’s not where it was found.

The reason they believe the car was local appears to because the driver had local knowledge. For example, the location where the vehicle was parked was not a public parking lot so it appears it was a place where locals knew their vehicle wouldn’t get towed or ticketed.
"near the bodies" is very general language, especially talking about a wooded area. The LE aren't and won't be very specific so that could account for it?

I know it's hard to accept, but they're not even remotely close to solving this case. They have nothing.

Stop deluding yourself. They need 1 good tip to break the case - it could happen any day. They dont have anything until that day.

It was clear during the press conference, it's clear now.

Maybe. Then, why all that theater, the Shack, the “hiding in plain sight”? The unveiling of the new/old BG? I mean, the whole country is watching it, no joke, two teenage girls viciously slain during a walk?

I understand how the Ramsey case can not be solved, and partially, it is because local policemen were called into the house of a wealthy, influential man after X-mas.
And it probably is what made the case unresolvable. They were afraid of the owners, until it was too late.

But here, I doubt the perp or his family have that clout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmb123