Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #99

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if it was pinging all around the town, it was not dead, was it? And it is potentially possible to check the public places where it pinged. Or even residential areas. If they think they know who it is, how about asking his friends in that area? At least placing him in Delphi that day.

Maybe the person was overwhelmed and threw it out later. Close to the bodies. Meaning he either approached them at night, or was among the search party?
I think this is a really good possibility, and a really good reminder that if you have a child you need to have some sort of GPS or find a phone app. Even if the phone is turned off it can be found, unless the battery is dead.

I just re watched a GH video that I had seen some time ago. Wow....I urge anyone who hasn't seen it or if its been a while since you've seen it you should take a second look. In light off the latest details provided by LE this video gives some good context.
Derrick's Path and more Libby and Abby Delphi Indiana
This video is helpful. From the beginning, I thought it was possible that BG parked at the cemetery. He made his way to the bridge area but probably kept out of sight, while he waited for a potential victim to cross the bridge. He could've been there for a couple of hours, who knows? He spots the girls and waits for them to cross. Now, he could've followed them across the bridge; or he could've already been across the bridge but out of sight. If so, he could've pretended he was going to walk back across the bridge and, seeing that nobody else was in sight, he did an about-face and confronted the girls, forcing them to walk "down the hill." Now, if SA was on his mind, it's possible he intended to take the girls to his vehicle (which, in fact, is the direction they were headed, if he was parked at the cemetery), bind them, and take them to a secure location. Instead, the girls either resisted, screamed, or tried to run, so BG caught and killed them on the spot. Then, he high-tailed it to his vehicle and fled the scene. No one, in this scenario, even saw him. The low-res video and the audio remain the best clues to his identity.

Maybe they just recently identified the sketch #1 guy? There has been talk online about that possibly. It would settle that question you have for me, if someone who favored the first sketch was recently cleared.
Maybe I'm just dense this morning, but I can't really figure out how identifying Old-Sketch suspect would be possible unless the sketch was based on a particular individual? I always thought that no particular individual was in mind, but just someone who looked like the sketch. If they knew a name or other connection, they would not be asking for tips but searching for the individual. If they picked someone up who looked like the sketch and he proved to not be a suspect, wouldn't they still keep looking, because there are so many who look like the sketch. Just not sure how anyone could be ruled out from the first sketch.

I do think something must have happened to bring forth the Young-sketch. I think it is primarily the age difference, and not ruling out the original suspect that caused the change in direction. It sounds like it may have something to do with the "witness." Something must have changed quite drastically. I don't think it was just LE running into a dead end with the investigation. MOO

Thank you. Has this man come forward to speak to LE about who he saw on the trails that day? If he's familiar with the trails and well known for being there, perhaps he would have noticed who was out of place or seemed weird.
Unfortunately, I have no answer to this.

Regarding Libby’s phone pinging “all over town” I wouldn’t read too much into that. I believe it was her grandfather who mentioned this in a video, and I always thought it to mean that they know the girls didn’t run away, not that the phone was actually moving around town.
MOO
In my husband’s small hometown in WI there are 12 different cell towers owned by every major provider but US Cellular is the only company that ‘pays rent’ so it’s completely hit or miss depending on which company you go with. My husband’s Verizon phone works at my in-laws but my AT&T phone does not.

But if they know about the car, why say they’re looking for the car , why can’t they find it? Did someone just ditch it off a cliff or something? Or like that case in Austin, it’s hiding off in someones storage building all this time?
And why not actually give a description of the car? If someone saw it, they could at least provide a color and general size of the car.

So is this scarf seen by the witness on the "suspect" what we are all trying to figure out on the video of BG? Scarf not a mask, respirator or balaclava....
According to GH in that video, the 'suspect' was spotted wearing a scarf. This is the first time I have ever heard mention of a scarf!

Now, my disclaimer here is that I am not sure if it is the suspect in the 1st sketch, or in the 2nd sketch.

That's just it. Someone would need to have noticed it, put it in their memory banks, and now relate to have seen it there the day the girls were murdered. Seems like a long shot.
Maybe the LE just need to get vehicle eyewitnesses to cooborate what they have deduced from sketch #2 eyewitnesses of person seen? I think LE maybe be very close and need to build on evidence so they know they can get a conviction, even with and because of the red herring sketch #1

The GH video I posted a few pages back is important for a couple of reasons:

1) The mention of the female witness who alleges she saw the suspect who was wearing a scarf.
2) The female witness said the suspect was on the trail heading towards the Freedom Bridge.

So here you have a witness that claims she saw the suspect wearing a scarf heading in the direction of the Freedom Bridge which is also the direction of the social service building that the Car in question was parked.

My guess is more recently, like not long before the PC. Maybe he got a "tip" that things were heating up in the investigation. I think he felt quite comfortable and felt "protected" by LE following a "dead end". Well, it's not dead anymore and it's leading right to his front door now. CCC is not so comfortable now :) Maybe he's got a burn barrel on the property to burn his trash? JMHO
Underlined by me. I don't have evidence, but I always assumed that Libby's phone was found at/near the crime scene. Seeing this new quote lends credence to the what some have found to be an off-hand type remark about Libby's phone "pinging all over town" that day. I had assumed he had meant before the girls disappeared, as it has been mentioned that Libby was asking around for a ride to the park that day.

Now, I think the perp had Libby's phone, and carried it around town later that day to locations that investigators may make the case for the perp being a local or locally connected (seem to know the area).

Also, "the importance of the car being local." How would they know that unless they had the tag number OR was there some local business advertisement on the car? For example only: Uber sign? Pizza delivery? What other cars would have a local business advertised on them? Car seems to rule out a work truck type vehicle, plumber etc.

What say you? Looking for feedback. TIA.

The MHB was in an intersection of towers coverage.
MOO I doubt "pinging all over"
info was provided to the police by the cell companies, getting info that fast - which requires a warrant and their response time seems a longer process.
MOO the pinging was a reference to FMIP or other location app.
Thank you. Has this man come forward to speak to LE about who he saw on the trails that day? If he's familiar with the trails and well known for being there, perhaps he would have noticed who was out of place or seemed weird.

MOO
this is the man who said he heard a couple arguing under the bridge. Sadly, I believe he heard one of the girls and the killer. If not, there is a couple of witnesses out there we have never had info on.

I had another what if moment. The coffee is strong this morning and doing it's job. Let's say Suspect John Doe has a deep hatred for those he is closest to (for whatever reason). What if Suspect John Doe DELIBERATELY borrowed a vehicle from Alibi Jane Doe, HOPING it would throw suspicion on the Alibi.

My feelings is, he does not hate them for who they are. He simply is so illogical and at the same time, grandiose, that he believes he deserves a better life. He may be accusing them of not living in the nicer area, or not being the most affluent people in this area, or not having a better car, for example.

I think there is a rift in the family, between the parents, with mom being overprotective, and dad, secretly feeling that the kid is too detached from him, emotionally, too different from him. What the kid wants from dad is praise and admiration (because it is harder to get it from him). Mom gives it unconditionally so he walks over her.

I think he got the car just because he doesn’t care about anyone. Or maybe, because his IQ is high and he predicted exactly this question, who was driving it?

My two cents. It can be totally in reverse, of course.

P.S. need the name of your brand of coffee.

Maybe. Then, why all that theater, the Shack, the “hiding in plain sight”? The unveiling of the new/old BG? I mean, the whole country is watching it, no joke, two teenage girls viciously slain during a walk?

I understand how the Ramsey case can not be solved, and partially, it is because local policemen were called into the house of a wealthy, influential man after X-mas.
And it probably is what made the case unresolvable. They were afraid of the owners, until it was too late.

But here, I doubt the perp or his family have that clout.

I never said this case couldn't be solved. I said it's not solved. The comment "hiding in plain sight" means that the man, like most, is probably working, going shopping, dining, etc... all the while, nobody knows its him.

He's probably not detached from society. He probably isnt a recluse. He probably didnt drastically change his routine.

The unveiling was announcing to the whole world "this guy we have been searching for is the wrong guy... here is another sketch that we are now looking for."

The shack was an impromptu, utterly irrelevant to the investigation, off-handed comment.

Omggggggg!!! Look what I just found! I’ve been looking for this since April 22nd! Holy cow, I can’t believe I actually made a note of it!! I think this is what I was thinking of!

Video of cemetery to hiking trail path- shed building at 4:08, etc.

ETA: I haven’t reviewed this yet and I’m not sure that it has anything to with anything (“The Shack”), but it was the first thing that came to mind. Eager to take a look now.

Last edited:
Hmmm. Did the suspect go to or was a member of either Hope Cathedral Church or Delphi United Methodist Church? I think it is quite possible that he did!
My thoughts go back to the church-going BTK killer. Was church a good cover for the Delphi suspect thinking, "If I go to church and put on a Christian face, no one would ever suspect me of killing these girls?" Did the suspect know the girls from church? I think it is quite possible that he did! Either from church or maybe from a church function.
Also, we have to remember what Carter said at the press conference. "To the killer...I believe you have just a little bit of conscience left." Is this alluding to a church man who may have a little of that Christian conscience left...knowing that killing is a sin?
I think it could be pointing in that direction.

Maybe I'm just dense this morning, but I can't really figure out how identifying Old-Sketch suspect would be possible unless the sketch was based on a particular individual? I always thought that no particular individual was in mind, but just someone who looked like the sketch. If they knew a name or other connection, they would not be asking for tips but searching for the individual. If they picked someone up who looked like the sketch and he proved to not be a suspect, wouldn't they still keep looking, because there are so many who look like the sketch. Just not sure how anyone could be ruled out from the first sketch.

I do think something must have happened to bring forth the Young-sketch. I think it is primarily the age difference, and not ruling out the original suspect that caused the change in direction. It sounds like it may have something to do with the "witness." Something must have changed quite drastically. I don't think it was just LE running into a dead end with the investigation. MOO
I keep going back to that group of hikers that were accosted 3 weeks prior to the murders by a hobo looking guy, reddish hair, who looked very much like the BG photos. Others might have noticed him also so a composite was done. After hearing about the murders the guy could have cleared out. Maybe he was arrested recently and cleared by DNA? I don't know but it could explain the radical change of direction back to an earlier sketch of someone close to the search? Possibly someone just visiting home who's family didn't cause suspicion?

I think poster Wells may have hit on something. A shared family car type senario, where a cleared person of the community knows they weren't driving the car or their car was missing that day but said they either drove it there to help search or it was somewhere else with them, not at the scene? They did this to cover for someone? It could explain the LE not providing a description of the car, they NEED someone at the scene to do that.

The way this is worded could fit a scenario like that.
"We're still looking for the car that was parked in the lot," Riley told News 18. "If somebody can give us that information, we want that information as quickly as possible."

ISP on Delphi killer: 'Somebody may have already interviewed him'
Could also be that if they only have partial DNA it was matching two related people? JMO

Maybe I am wrong, but one thing here strikes me a bit: in a small town, population around 3000- there is way too much anonymity around, people seems not to know each other, like Delphi is some big city- Derrick doesn´t know the older guy, the older guy doesn´t know BG, the woman witness doesn´t know anyone of the before mentioned; the superintendent shows sketches nobody recognizes... It seems like whole community there is acquainted only to Alzheimer´s disease.

Maybe I am wrong, but one thing here strikes me a bit: in a small town, population around 3000- there is way too much anonymity around, people seems not to know each other, like Delphi is some big city- Derrick doesn´t know the older guy, the older guy doesn´t know BG, the woman witness doesn´t know anyone of the before mentioned; the superintendent shows sketches nobody recognizes... It seems like whole community there is acquainted only to Alzheimer´s disease.
or like in big cities they say "don't know nuffin"
ie
(Don't ask Don't Tell)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics