IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 13, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From wishtv.com

Police said a camera captured the photos of a man near Deer Creek between 1 and 3:30 Monday afternoon, about a quarter of a mile from the spot where the girls were found. The girls were dropped off Monday around 1 p.m. near the creek, less than a mile from where the bodies were found, to walk around and hang out.
Sgt. Riley would not say where the picture came from or if a security camera took the photo. He said he believes there is one security camera somewhere near the trails but, when asked where the camera is, he said he didn’t know.

​Sgt. Riley didn't know??
It appears that Sgt Riley is a communications guy. The LE spokesperson. We haven't been told who the actual investigators are, so I am not that surprised by these comments.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I favor the idea posted up thread that he apprehended them in the parking area then drove them to the cemetery and forced them down into the ravine. However, that's a lot of chances that he would not have been seen in the car with them, and also he had to have control: one man, two tweens. . It's all so perplexing.

Unless, of course, the perp was not a stranger.

I favor the idea posted up thread that he apprehended them in the parking area then drove them to the cemetery and forced them down into the ravine. However, that's a lot of chances that he would not have been seen in the car with them, and also he had to have control: one man, two tweens. . It's all so perplexing.

Maybe they were excited to go with him/them, maybe he promised something, or maybe it was someone they knew, one of the 'cool' boys, ...

where would the cemetery be on that map?

I'm having difficulty finding it on maps. Some online sources have the bridge in a different locaton from where it really is located, which is frustrating, too.

One more amendment to my previous posts about the time of day re: the cam grabs. Judging by the amount (intensity) of sunlight, the angle the man is leaning, and the possible angle of the sun, I would imagine the time of day could have been from approx. 3:30 PM to 4:30 PM, or so.

Would the blue X be 50 ft from the creek?
The Blue X is more like 400-500 ft from creek.
attachment.php

Thanks. That's what I thought. They were found pretty close to the creek, down the steep ravine, which is why it was said the area is hard to access.

I was wondering whether he threw them down there and they rolled down to the location close to the creek.

I'm having difficulty finding it on maps. Some online sources have the bridge in a different locaton from where it really is located, which is frustrating, too.

One more amendment to my previous posts about the time of day re: the cam grabs. Judging by the amount (intensity) of sunlight, the angle the man is leaning, and the possible angle of the sun, I would imagine the time of day could have been from approx. 3:30 PM to 4:30 PM, or so.

There just was a quote posted a page back or so where Riley said the man walked on the trail between 1 to 3 pm.

http://wishtv.com/2017/02/16/police-question-multiple-people-in-delphi-girls-murders/

Police said a camera captured the photos of a man near Deer Creek between 1 and 3:30 Monday afternoon, about a quarter of a mile from the spot where the girls were found. The girls were dropped off Monday around 1 p.m.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

The guy shown on that bridge could also be someone who recently moved to that community from somewhere else. It's possible very few people in the community know him or have seen him around since he is pretty much a newbie. If he moved there from elsewhere, it probably wasn't all that far away, because his attire pretty much matches what everyone else is wearing. He may also be someone who visits from time to time.

Now, let's think about this for a minute. We have a guy here who is willing and capable of killing two totally healthy teen-aged girls without anybody in the area hearing a thing. He killed the two girls most likely with strangulation, stabbing , or blunt force trauma. There wasn't any reports of gunshots that I've heard. He was able to do this while keeping both girls contained in a small area, while at the same time, keeping the noise level to a minimum. He came and went from the park largely unnoticed, which means there really wasn't anything remarkable about him that caused him to stand out. It hasn't been reported if anyone saw this man driving a vehicle, or what type it was. Once again, it may have been a very generic car or pickup that didn't warrant any special attention, so no one really noticed it.

My point being, we may have a serial killer here that has simply relocated because of a similar crime in a different part of the State or region. It's pretty hard to believe that someone who is capable of containing and killing two young girls in broad daylight with other people around, hasn't had a couple of practice runs prior to this. The knee-jerk reaction was to immediately assume it was a local due to the location the crime occurred and the obvious familiarity with the park. I still think that theory holds validity to some degree, but this may have been a local that moved away from the area some time ago, or was actually visiting someone there in Delphi for a few days during the time this took place. Illinois and Ohio are the two States that border Indiana on the east and west side. We constantly hear horror stories coming out of both of those States when it comes to sex crimes.

Just out of curiosity more than anything, I took the map I made up previously and chartered the mileage to larger cities and towns that are close to Delphi. Surprisingly, almost all of them were no more than 1 to 1 1/2 hour drive away, with most being less than that. So.......where does that leave us ? Well, maybe our perpetrator is someone who went to high school in Delphi, but moved away afterwards. Maybe his folks still live there and he comes to visit now and then. Maybe he lived in Delphi for years, moved away for awhile, then recently moved back. This may very well be the first time he attacked and killed two girls at the same time, but I highly doubt it's the first time he's attacked and killed a female. It was too easy for him. The guys that have spent time in prison for sexual assaults eventually morph into the mind-frame that the only way to avoid the cops, a trial, more prison time, and all of that, is to kill the victim.......don't leave a living witness. It's pretty obvious that mindset was at play here too.

Below is the map with a few distances to the nearest larger towns close to Delphi. You'll see that he could have easily driven from any one of these towns in order to be on the prowl by 2:07 p.m. in the afternoon. In some cases, he may have been back home before dark.

map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/e...ll=40.489612489645296,-86.74626753417965&z=12

I think I've lived in the city too long... 'need to go back to my rural beginnings to remember these things :(

They would have to bury me to get me off of the top of this mountain. I love living in the wild.

whisper or wikr, wikr is huge with kids trying to avoid parents eyes, all communications are encrypted and you can only unlock the message / log in if you know the encryption password, dangerous dangerous app mostly used by drug dealers and buyers to avoid LE tracking their communications

you can not get location info from what i know, i said im a photographer but you can probably guess by my name im qualified to work in another area in tech as well, this being something i know a fair bit about

The app is actually called 'Wickr Me'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is Logan's property to the east or West of the cemetery? I'm thinking East?

Either way, the location of the bodies would be South of his property, down by the creek.

Thanks for the statement from LE re: the cam grabs. I probably forgot and was too lazy to search, or whatever :)

Thank you! I was hoping that would help narrow down the tract where they were found that belongs to Mr Logan. He actually owns 3 tracts that are a combined ~25 acres.

attachment.php

Ah! Thank you. On that picture you can also clearly see where the slope starts.

That's where they were, down there :(

Hopefully, the FBI finds some usable DNA evidence. Otherwise, stranger on stranger crimes can be very tough to solve.

Keeping an open mind here, it might not be stranger on stranger crime.

i am sure that LE is combing through family members of both girls, as part of a routine investigation.

Perhaps Sgt Riley is playing dumb about not knowing where the photos came from. If it was a trail cam, they may have turned it back on to see if they could capture anyone else returning and don't want to tip off the killer that it's still there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member