IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 13, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maddening that picture guy's face is difficult to see.

So where do you guys think he parked his vehicle, if he had one, and exited, assuming it's picture dude?
Either near the drop off/pick up point or the trails south of the bridge. The road south feeds right in to a gravel road where you could discreetly park your vehicle within the trees. Then he'd only need to walk 5 or 10 minutes to the bridge. Intercepting between the bridge and the drop off point seems so risky to me, but this entire crime was risky. Incredibly, wildly risky. There is a good chance the perp new that area well. Not just the trails, but the surrounding wooded area. How else could you have the stones to abduct and murder two girls in broad daylight in a popular area? JMO of course. This had to have been premeditated even if the girls weren't specifically in his sights.

There are times I went out walking on our nature trails and considered beelining straight back through the forest because I was so exhausted, but I always decided not to, because the thought of getting lost, hurt, pissing off a coyote, or stumbling across something I shouldn't is too worrisome. Maybe I'm weird, but being in a forest alone is a common horror premise for a reason! After looking at more pictures of the area, I can't see the girls walking down there willingly even to meet someone.

I wonder if it would help any for the FBI profilers in Quantico to release a profile of the likely unsub (maybe I've been watching too much criminal minds). So people have a clearer idea of the type of behaviour the person(s) may display to look out for it. I think they released a profile in Elizabeth and Lyric's case.

I suspect that some teenager with a rifle saw an opportunity to act out his video game and sniped the two girls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a trio of maps for the area. The third map shows topography lines with the elevations in the area. The first map is a published map of the trails in the area by a local trail group. Trails.com does not include the trails listed by the local group.
attachment.php

Attachments

• trio maps.jpg
    trio maps.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 574
I suspect that some teenager with a rifle saw an opportunity to act out his video game and sniped the two girls.

I don't know if you're kidding or not, but a teenager with a sniper rifle would probably not go unnoticed.

Sent from my UMI_Diamond using Tapatalk

And school was closed for the day so there is opportunity for people associated with schools (students as well as employees) to be in the park.

Not suggesting anyone in particular from the school is involved, btw, but wondering who would be in the park on a weekday afternoon.

jmopinion, speculation, wondering aloud

I work for a public school corporation in Indiana. On recess days like this one, the only people who would have a day off would be teachers, teacher aides, food service, and bus operators. Maintenance and custodial staff would still be required to work unless they used a vacation day. I assume it's the same for this school corp since we all fall under the state board rules and regs for school corps.

I thought the photo of the man on the bridge looked like the property owner.
But I'd think LE has looked into that .

From local interviews (not sure which one) but when they interviewed the property owner, he stated he was in Lafayette during the time frame that it started (they went missing).
Lafayette to Delphi is only ~30 minutes depending on exact location.

I think it wouldn't be that hard, if you're evil enough to do it. If he had control of one girl, all he would have to say to the other is, "If you run or scream, I'll kill your friend."

They were so young - just 13 or 14. I'm sure they were scared beyond measure and didn't know what to do.

jmo

I guess this should be another example to talk to your kids about. Run and scream if you're in this situation because he's probably going to kill you anyways AND do horrible things to you before he kills you.

This is a good point. The thing about that bridge is you can SEE anyone on it.

I'm thinking he approached them after they were off the bridge because otherwise he would be taking a risk that someone would see him with the girls.

Looking at the bridge photo, does it seem like the girls are at one end or the other (rather than in the middle?). Were they heading back to the direction of the pick-up location to meet their ride, or were they at the other end?

jmo

I think the photo is taken from the far end of the bridge, looking back towards the pick up location. From the shadow you can see to the right of Abby. The sun is on her left.

I had a weird thought when I first saw this photo of her on the bridge. It looks "photo shopped" I dunno - something about her feet/shoes....they could have posted or photoshopped the pic to make people (parents/siblings etc) think they were on the bridge when they weren't..... just my thoughts...

I wish we had more info on the footprints because they don't necessarily have to be connected to the crime.
How many were there?
Where, exactly, were they?
Were they a result of someone running or walking?
How deep were they?
How old were they?
Etc.

IMO - If this POI is local, I really believe he would have been identified by now.

I don't know, the photograph is not good and people with the man's apparent general age, ethnicity, and clothing (middle aged white male wearing farm / work type clothes) are probably common in the area. The photograph could generally resemble maybe several hundred men in the town or the immediate local area. Perhaps he has been identified by a caller, but the police have a lot of 'possibles' to go through.

Yeah...it's so easy to suggest what to do when you don't have a gun pointed at your head! But, you're right. The best advice is to make a scene where you are. Do not obey the "If you're quiet, no one will get hurt," because that's just an attempt to gain control. If you're going to take anyone at their word in life, fine, but don't start here. Not exactly the trustworthy type.

No matter what, do not get into a car. Stay at point A. The person is going to do what they're going to do, sure, but at least you won't be tortured, or killed and dumped at a place you'll never be found. I'd at least want my family to know where I am, dead or alive. The missing part is torture.

Personally, I'm not interested in sleuthing the unknown man. I'm more interested in trying to figure out how and why the crime happened.

The silence of LE is speaking to me here. This photo may or may not have a damned thing to do with anything at this point. I really think the perp IS known to the girls. The perp saw an opportunity and took it. The raid on that farm intrigues me as well. I wonder how many of the owners relatives reside there? The grand dad, who died at 82 six years ago was listed as owner back then. But I dug through the names in his obits and some of those people sort of resembles the picture guy.

I'm going with LE knows. LE is being careful. LE knows the town will be in uproar when it's announced. JMO.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I think the photo is taken from the far end of the bridge, looking back towards the pick up location. From the shadow you can see to the right of Abby. The sun is on her left.

I had a weird thought when I first saw this photo of her on the bridge. It looks "photo shopped" I dunno - something about her feet/shoes....they could have posted or photoshopped the pic to make people (parents/siblings etc) think they were on the bridge when they weren't..... just my thoughts...

As a Photoshop user I wouldn't use this term... But what are called "lenses" or "filters" are available with the App. I am not a Snapchat user but here is a link.

http://m.wikihow.com/Get-Effects-on-Snapchat

It's an interesting point to have an idea about the state of mind they could have had at the moment of this picture.

To me I would agree with the fact the attitude of Abigail on the photo looks more like waiting...?

Has it been said if they person picking them up was on time? I'm wondering if the girls had a few extra minutes to spare at the pick up point.

I think Abigail's "attitude" is one of just walking on the bridge on a nice day as her friend snaps a picture. I can't tell someone's attitude from one still picture, especially when I can't see their facial features clearly. Maybe some people can, but I need more to go on.

As a Photoshop user I wouldn't use this term... But what are called "lenses" or "filters" are available with the App. I am not a Snapchat user but here is a link.

http://m.wikihow.com/Get-Effects-on-Snapchat

It's an interesting point to have an idea about the state of mind they could have had at the moment of this picture.

To me I would agree with the fact the attitude of Abigail on the photo looks more like waiting...?

And Liberty to be by her side...?

Many questions!

I think Abigail's "attitude" is one of just walking on the bridge on a nice day as her friend snaps a picture. I can't tell someone's attitude from one still picture, especially when I can't see their facial features clearly. Maybe some people can, but I need more to go on.

Sure! None can be certain except for himself I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicejean1980