IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 13, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has it been said if they person picking them up was on time? I'm wondering if the girls had a few extra minutes to spare at the pick up point.

i wonder if the perp knew who was going to pick them up but beat that person there and told the girls that he was going to take them home instead of the person that was really going to take them home.

53ae3bca15e129f7bef61d9e411c2bc5.jpg

I've been looking around on Google Earth (because Bob's maps yesterday were great) and it looks to me that there might be a crossable area where the white arrow indicates. I'm not sure if that was still the case a week ago or what the rainfall measures have been. It really does seem like the house across the river had a great vantage point.

It doesn't surprise me that a lone perp gained control over 2 young girls. There have been many cases of a lone perp gaining control of multiple victims. I would think the most common denominator would be the element of surprise.
Think of the cases of hijackings where multiple victims are taken hostage. What does a perpetrator who is outnumbered by the victims do to gain control in this situation? How do the victims regain control? Are the victims fearful of causing the perpetrator to harm one another?
This crime likely had a perp who had planned the crime in advance and was looking for his window of opportunity. Possibly someone who is comfortable or familiar with being in outdoor settings. (Ex. Gary Hilton)

It doesn't surprise me that a lone perp gained control over 2 young girls. There have been many cases of a lone perp gaining control of multiple victims. I would think the most common denominator would be the element of surprise.
Think of the cases of hijackings where multiple victims are taken hostage. What does a perpetrator who is outnumbered by the victims do to gain control in this situation? How do the victims regain control? Are the victims fearful of causing the perpetrator to harm one another?
This crime likely had a perp who had planned the crime in advance and was looking for his window of opportunity. Possibly someone who is comfortable or familiar with being in outdoor settings. (Ex. Gary Hilton)

This immediately made me think of Gary Hilton too. What a sick individual. He was basically a drifter, which I think could apply to this case easily as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no doubt in my mind that the perp knew the girls would be there.

Question for locals and anyone familiar with this hiking area: it is typical for people to walk out across the bridge and then double back to the trailhead? Is it more common to do that than go out beyond the bridge?
I am not from the area but like many here, I've spent a lot of time researching the trail. I found quite a few trail write-ups, blog posts and vlogs of people making the walk. Quite a few don't make it out past the first few rail sleepers (ties) because of vertigo and distrust of the old wood. Some turned back when a light dusting of snow made it more treacherous.
So for sure many don't make it all the way across but if it was a frequent walk for the girls I'm sure they had more stamina for it. After the bridge crosses Deer Creek it is still elevated above the ground for a couple of hundred feet but the views and the fear-factor would be less. Perhaps the girls just crossed the high part to the other side of the creek and then doubled back with the idea of walking to the cemetery....

I don't know if you're kidding or not, but a teenager with a sniper rifle would probably not go unnoticed.

Sent from my UMI_Diamond using Tapatalk

I never said the teenager went unnoticed. But, for the record, it looks like there is dense forest around that trail. I think someone could get in and out without being spotted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello all,
Newbie to this case. Just speculating, property owner made comment that his boys grew up and know the land. Hope LE looks into them also. Just never know, nowadays.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

Gary Hilton. Creep
Anyone ever see Foxfire's photos of his campsites and crime scene? (Weird someone was talking about Foxfire on here yesterday, and today the mention of Gary Hilton reminds me again).

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Hello all,
Newbie to this case. Just speculating, property owner made comment that his boys grew up and know the land. Hope LE looks into them also. Just never know, nowadays.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

I'm confident LE is doing their job. It's not just local LE that is involved. The state police, FBI and Homeland Security are all lending help.

attachment.php

Some things from looking at this google earth shot-

The terrain is rough. it is a steep drop to the creek in a number of areas.

If he walked them there from the bridge. It had to be with some method of controlling them. The other thing that the creek area is from the line of sight from the bridge until you get to the second area. This is part of why I felt the perp may have taken them to 2nd area because I thought he may have walked them to a spot until he felt they were no longer visible from the bridge. The thing about this is how would he know how far he could go without coming to the back of another property and into view if he weren't at least vaguely familiar with the area.

I also looked at the cemetery and there does appear to be a an area in the SW corner of it that a car could park and be reasonably hidden. This could support the idea that they were taken from somewhere between the drop off area and bridge and driven to the cemetery.

Again, I'm not sure where they were found as I've seen two different spots referenced.

Hi Bob, welcome to WS. Great maps :)

I'm cathing up from overnight. I added where I believe the crime scene to be (blue circle) hope you don't mind. I think the crime scene tape covers a large area but I posted a tweet on the last thread from a reporter who is standing around where the bodies were found, he shows you can see the bridge through the trees. The blue circle IMO is about where he is standing

Logan overview.jpg

Here is the tweet

[video=twitter;832294869016178689]https://twitter.com/VanwykWTHR/status/832294869016178689[/video]

We don't know if the pic or video is of the guy coming or going. To me it looks like he is following something and trying to disguise it. The girls could of went to the bridge then walked to the path and parking lot not knowing the guy was following them. Once they were in the woods the guy could do anything. They got dropped off at one, pic was at 2 and missing report was at 5 30. My guess they were in the woods at some point.

I was thinking "recently paroled sex offender (s)" from either Terre Haute, where the men's state prison is located, or another prison., committed these murders. I lived in Indiana and grew up there, and often drove past Grissom AFB (both while it was an AFB and for several years after it closed) and through Delphi on my way to a different part of Indiana.

IIRC, there also used to be a mental health treatment center/ mental hospital in the general area around Lafayette or the next county over. I think it was called Wabash Valley - found it. They now have a number of locations around Lafayette , including an office in Delphi. http://www.wvamhc.org/ The towns listed at the link would all be a very easy drive to Delphi. Otterbein is on the edge of Tippecanoe and Benton counties. Attica is to the southwest of Delphi.

I don't think that anyone here had flat out said that the man in the images was in fact the killer. I think that people would like him to go directly to the police department to be interviewed though.

they could of been down there because they were trying to hide from the guy. Adrenaline allows people to do things they would never do and fear is a big factor.

I don't think that anyone here had flat out said that the man in the images was in fact the killer. I think that people would like him to go directly to the police department to be interviewed though.
I thought they were talking about the guy that was put on blast on the FB page. Lol, confused myself.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I agree... one killer could have very easily overpowered both victims any number of ways. That's completely understandable. However, I don't think it's likely that it was a crime of opportunity by a lone psycho who just happened to be roaming the woods that afternoon. Not impossible but not likely (imo - and heaven knows my opinion has oft' been wrong).

they could of been down there because they were trying to hide from the guy. Adrenaline allows people to do things they would never do and fear is a big factor.

That just doesn't make sense to me. I think he met them on the bridge, and led them to a secluded spot by gunpoint. It seems that if they were afraid before he confronted they would have gone somewhere more public and exposed as opposed to hidden. Also if they had truly been trying to hide there, he wouldn't have been able to find them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks