IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 13, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the perp led them by gunpoint because there were other people in the area that day. I think they knew the perp and went willingly.

<modsnip>

The blue x was to show where the police accessed the area not where the bodies were found.

Hi Bob, welcome to WS. Great maps :)

I'm cathing up from overnight. I added where I believe the crime scene to be (blue circle) hope you don't mind. I think the crime scene tape covers a large area but I posted a tweet on the last thread from a reporter who is standing around where the bodies were found, he shows you can see the bridge through the trees. The blue circle IMO is about where he is standing

attachment.php

Here is the tweet

[video=twitter;832294869016178689]https://twitter.com/VanwykWTHR/status/832294869016178689[/video]

LOVE these maps BTW. I absolutely agree with Skibaboo on the blue circle of where the girls were found!
It ties in with the police parking at the cemetery for more evidence, & visually seeing the bridge through dormant trees. If there was anyone on the bridge & happen to be looking toward crime scene area, you wouldn't see people/crime unless they were wearing bright orange colors wanting to be seen & even then you would likely only see motion. I also get the impression the trails were not THAT populated that day.

I don't think the perp led them by gunpoint because there were other people in the area that day. I think they knew the perp and went willingly.

Respectfully, there weren't that many people there. In one of the earlier articles a witness who was there at 3:50 said she only saw a man and one other couple. Also, it appears that in the SN photo on the bridge they were alone. I have a hard time wrapping my head around the idea that the perp was able to get these two girls to go willingly to a secluded spot into the woods even if they were expecting an exchange of some sort ( pot etc.)

Respectfully, there weren't that many people there. In one of the earlier articles a witness who was there at 3:50 said she only saw a man and one other couple. Also, it appears that in the SN photo on the bridge they were alone. I have a hard time wrapping my head around the idea that the perp was able to get these two girls to go willingly to a secluded spot into the woods even if they were expecting an exchange of some sort ( pot etc.)
c

in reality, we really don't know how many people were there. We only know what we were told.

Hello all,
Newbie to this case. Just speculating, property owner made comment that his boys grew up and know the land. Hope LE looks into them also. Just never know, nowadays.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

I am quite sure this was looked into. It would be a very obvious thing to do.

<modsnip>

It's ok to compare with an RSO registered online but it's not ok to post pics of an man who has not been named a POI or suspect and has not been flagged online by LE as potentially dangerous, and has committed a crime (RSO) for comparison. Even if that man has been interviewed by MSM. Mention a similarity but don't mention anything that could identify. That is what the rules are there to protect.

c

in reality, we really don't know how many people were there. We only know what we were told.

That's true of course. Whether they went willingly or not, it seems we agree that they got there on their own power. I also agree that he had this well planned ahead of time.

<modsnip> http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?159-The-Rules

If any members, new or experienced have a concern about any post please alert the post and explain it . If warranted a Mod will respond or delete it.

ANy questions about sleuthing non- named POI especially on SM please ask and refer here. - http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?291123-Social-Media-Facebook-Twitter-etc

Private FB pages, etc. cannot be discussed here.

A mod can be contacted any time by clicking on the forum title and see the listing of mods for this forum.

:peace:

I keep wondering if the killer was there when the SC photo of Abby was taken. Someone the girls knew, or thought they knew, standing next to Libby while she was taking the photo.

The orangish brown object in the foreground of the picture, my first thought when I saw it was shotgun casing. I can't zoom in on my phone but don't see that color or shape repeated (I.e. Leaves, twigs) in rest of photo.

Also, as to the location of the blue X...Note the picture with the yellow crime tapeandthe"orange"object.You can see the police cars right above them on the road.The blue x is the only place this is possible.

From watching many crime shows,I noticed victims usually comply with an abductor and children are easily controlled.

From watching many crime shows,I noticed victims usually comply with an abductor and children are easily controlled.

Maybe, but I still think he threatened them with a gun to get them to go with him to the location where the bodies were found, but we very likely will never know that unless an arrest is made and LE gets a confession.

At the beginning of the bridge there is a bar across the trail blocking access. They bar is not present in any of the pictures, which means the picture of the girl and the guy were taken from the other side of the barrier. With the information floating in town and the scuba team looking in the creek this tells me a weapon was used (knife). If I assume both to be true the guy either didn't kill them or the picture was taking before they were killed. One theory would be the picture is from one of the girls phone and the guy was doing something on the other side he didn't want anyone to know about. If you take it a step further...The guy had seen the girls video him and came across the bridge and confronted them. If the girls were smart they would know they could run the 1.5 miles back to town so the closes place to get help would be the houses by Logan's. Maybe he ran them down in the woods and caught one and told the other he would kill her if she didn't stop running.

just slightly off topic but I cant help but think about it. For those who have kids/girls this age (as I have a 14 y/o girl in 8th grade), the app Life 360 *could be* very helpful in situations like this. My dd has this, & while these things with GPS are not always perfect, I feel it would have been useful when they didn't show up at the designated time.
I am not saying anything negative towards the families, just want to inform for future reference to parents reading these threads.
I think find my iPhone locates the spot if the phone is on, but this app would show the last place it was on, & the path it took to that last place it was on.
That being said, I have found my dds phone to be very accurate at times, & not so at other times.....either way it has been helpful in letting me 'let go' a little while letting her have some adventures with friends.

I think the perp was someone they knew. Whether it was a planned meeting, or opportunistic....jury is still deliberating

If you think like the killer you are not going to walk out in the open after killing two girls. I would look along the road for clues or just below the top of the ridge. This provided the killed didn't kill them elsewhere and drop them off behind the grave yard.

'Likely been discussed previously but... is the Deer Creek water level high enough for canoeing, and would this be a common activity this time of year??

just slightly off topic but I cant help but think about it. For those who have kids/girls this age (as I have a 14 y/o girl in 8th grade), the app Life 360 *could be* very helpful in situations like this. My dd has this, & while these things with GPS are not always perfect, I feel it would have been useful when they didn't show up at the designated time.
I am not saying anything negative towards the families, just want to inform for future reference to parents reading these threads.
I think find my iPhone locates the spot if the phone is on, but this app would show the last place it was on, & the path it took to that last place it was on.
That being said, I have found my dds phone to be very accurate at times, & not so at other times.....either way it has been helpful in letting me 'let go' a little while letting her have some adventures with friends.

I think the perp was someone they knew. Whether it was a planned meeting, or opportunistic....jury is still deliberating

Their phone would show direction of travel and speed. This would tell LEOs if and when they started running or stopped running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soraxtm