IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 13, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Likely been discussed previously but... is the Deer Creek water level high enough for canoeing, and would this be a common activity this time of year??

It is a bit early for that and I've not seen anyone on the water yet this year.

Hi Bob, welcome to WS. Great maps :)

I'm cathing up from overnight. I added where I believe the crime scene to be (blue circle) hope you don't mind. I think the crime scene tape covers a large area but I posted a tweet on the last thread from a reporter who is standing around where the bodies were found, he shows you can see the bridge through the trees. The blue circle IMO is about where he is standing

attachment.php

Here is the tweet

[video=twitter;832294869016178689]https://twitter.com/VanwykWTHR/status/832294869016178689[/video]
I thought the same thing, but I was making the map using things I could verify. The picture on twitter is definitely taken perpendicular to the river and the bridge is clearly there so I agree about the location of the picture being taken. To be honest, it makes more sense to me that would be the crime scene as people tend to move in the path of least resistance and that would be downhill from the cemetery and the first area that is near the creek that flattens out . I used the map I found online as reference http://media.theindychannel.com/pho...ana_1487105230027_55132209_ver1.0_640_480.png although it would seem like a much more difficult path to take. Perhaps the channel 6 map is inaccurate.

It is a bit early for that and I've not seen anyone on the water yet this year.

Road access to any point makes more sense anyway.

As a local, do you have a "gut feeling" about this case and if so... would you care to share (within TOS, of course). If not, completely understandable... just thought I'd ask ;)

I don't know if you're kidding or not, but a teenager with a sniper rifle would probably not go unnoticed.

Sent from my UMI_Diamond using Tapatalk

I seriously doubt this is the scenario. But as I stated earlier, I spent days on my grandmother's farm in the mid-west usually with a good quality .22 and 4X scope. After much time with the gun I could make head shots on groundhogs at distances greater than a shooter would have in that wooded area next to the creek. And many times I used a nearby creek to cross move between the properties I had permission to hunt on. No one paid me any mind. Add to that the fact that fox, coyote and rabbit are still in season in Indiana and it is a very probable scenario. In years of doing it, I never saw a sheriff or game warden and only came across a landowner on adjacent property once. Add to that the fact that others poached on my grandmother's property and we wouldn't know until we came across where they shot a fox, groundhog or field dressed a rabbit. No one paid any attention to a single shot or even 2 or 3 shots as farmers usually kept a shotgun or .22 loaded in the house for varmints. It's a highly doable scenario without being noticed. But it's also one that I believe is the least likely. I believe this was someone else on the trail.

just slightly off topic but I cant help but think about it. For those who have kids/girls this age (as I have a 14 y/o girl in 8th grade), the app Life 360 *could be* very helpful in situations like this. My dd has this, & while these things with GPS are not always perfect, I feel it would have been useful when they didn't show up at the designated time.

I am not saying anything negative towards the families, just want to inform for future reference to parents reading these threads.
I think find my iPhone locates the spot if the phone is on, but this app would show the last place it was on, & the path it took to that last place it was on.
That being said, I have found my dds phone to be very accurate at times, & not so at other times.....either way it has been helpful in letting me 'let go' a little while letting her have some adventures with friends.

I think the perp was someone they knew. Whether it was a planned meeting, or opportunistic....jury is still deliberating

Yup, we track our teenage daughters on their iPhones, helicopter parents... that's us. It's also a useful tactic to ensure they go where they say they are going. Should they turn off our tracking ability we confiscate the phone ( we pay the bill after all)

Their phone would show direction of travel and speed. This would tell LEOs if and when they started running or stopped running.

It would tell LEO once they had access/potentially found their phones? or could they tell that with access to their accounts while looking for them? Do all brands do this? which we, the public, don't know which brand of phone they had...though it does seem the majority of kids have some version of iPhone

I was just referring to (for example), if my dd was late to pick up I would be looking at the app to see where she was in relation to where she was supposed to be. It states whether phone is moving or not (ie: when they are on the bus going to school, or yesterday as she was walking in town from a trail towards McDonalds)

I keep thinking how it *may have* been helpful that very first night....then decided to post it more as a PSA to WSers if they have younger kids & weren't aware of this app

just slightly off topic but I cant help but think about it. For those who have kids/girls this age (as I have a 14 y/o girl in 8th grade), the app Life 360 *could be* very helpful in situations like this. My dd has this, & while these things with GPS are not always perfect, I feel it would have been useful when they didn't show up at the designated time.
I am not saying anything negative towards the families, just want to inform for future reference to parents reading these threads.
I think find my iPhone locates the spot if the phone is on, but this app would show the last place it was on, & the path it took to that last place it was on.
That being said, I have found my dds phone to be very accurate at times, & not so at other times.....either way it has been helpful in letting me 'let go' a little while letting her have some adventures with friends.

I think the perp was someone they knew. Whether it was a planned meeting, or opportunistic....jury is still deliberating

Interesting. So even if the phone has been turned off, another user can determine history of the phone travel up until it was turned off. Up till now, I only thought that information resided with the cell service provider and LE had to get it from them.

It would tell LEO once they had access/potentially found their phones? or could they tell that with access to their accounts while looking for them? Do all brands do this? which we, the public, don't know which brand of phone they had...though it does seem the majority of kids have some version of iPhone

I was just referring to (for example), if my dd was late to pick up I would be looking at the app to see where she was in relation to where she was supposed to be. It states whether phone is moving or not (ie: when they are on the bus going to school, or yesterday as she was walking in town from a trail towards McDonalds)

I keep thinking how it *may have* been helpful that very first night....then decided to post it more as a PSA to WSers if they have younger kids & weren't aware of this app

The phones! Does LE have them? Did one of the girls take that video or photo of the POI? Of course, we only know what has been shared in MSM. Is that candid photo of Abby on the bridge at 2:07 the last photo taken? Did Abby, the photographer, take any photos?

Were their phones used for texting, calls or anything else?

I look at that railroad bridge and think a phone or camera could so easily be dropped and lost.

If they took a picture of a man who "creeped then out", wouldn't they have been aware enough to have done more than that?

Has anyone else seen this in the Snapchat photo...
9bc7b10a931a9c587a9ba3a778249491.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What if the man had a motorcycle.
I've thought about an ATV as a way to get the girls to go along for a ride, but it is risky on private property. There would be noise and tracks to follow as well, I'd guess.

I also have my doubts as to whether or not they were ever in a vehicle after getting to the trails because it would seem that if the perp had gotten them in the vehicle, it would have made sense to leave the area rather than drive them so close to where people would be looking for them.

Of course this could be a low-sophistication, disorganized crime with no plan and all of that goes out the window.

Interestingly, on Heavy.com, a slightly larger photo of the man on the bridge shows something blue on the man's right side. A commenter there wondered if it could be a part of a coat. I am sorry I do not know how to link.

I saw that picture. I've seen the zoomed out version it's just a tree.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I saw that picture. I've seen the zoomed out version it's just a tree.

Looks like more than just a tree to me.

"Were their phones used for texting, calls or anything else?"

we're not sure if they have their cells. LE hasn't stated.

Obviously a LE that call's off a search for two young missing girl's and state's they didn't appear to be in any danger as its getting dark and temps are dropping is not the brightest crayon in the box.

Second anybody that needs to ask if they should be worried about a killer on the loose or they should be worried at all ... Lol Dumb as a box of rocks.

And you should always be aware of what your kids are doing, that's just common sense.

A few points... Was he wearing extra clothes because he works in a cooler at meat packing plant.

If they made it back to the pick up point, seems like they would have phoned or uploaded more pics along the way. Maybe they did it's just not known.

Would be willing to bet as long as this bridge and trail have been around... Has to be trails to the water close by and prob trail's all over.

And if he/she had them in a vehicle no chance of dumping them that close that quick.

He's on the trail around the time, appears to be concealing items and has no hiking/workout attire. Hasn't been acknowledged as being ID or cleared. If it wasn't him we would already know who he is/came forward.

He's not at home with the flu or out flying his airplane. He's not the creature off Jeeper's Creeper's.

In other words his t.v didn't stop working and the neighbor's kids didn't just start stealing his newspaper all in the same week.
He hasn't been I.d and cleared because he doesn't know what's going on.

I wonder how long before someone says they see a train coming in the background or see a conductor hiding in the trees.

<modsnip>

And no gun lol wasn't a sniper. Helicopter parents ? Or just well informed parents.

13 to even 18 or maybe a little older are not well versed in scenarios like this unless they have parents that preach to be aware of surroundings and these situations.

Obviously hiding an interaction of some sorts by not releasing the video just screen grabs.

"Were their phones used for texting, calls or anything else?"

we're not sure if they have their cells. LE hasn't stated.

Ok, I"m confused, I thought that LE has said they have their phones.

Looks like more than just a tree to me.

On the POI pic? In the zoomed out version there is nothing there.

I attempted to find a picture to show what I mean and I can't locate. So I apologise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member