IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 13, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I misunderstand about what's being held at the school? I saw "viewings " used in a couple of posts, not a memorial service.
My distaste was/is regarding a viewing, and not a community memorial service...

Most people associate "viewing" as open casket but closed casket can also be considered a viewing.

In reply to homeland security being there. Someone posted links to what the stated reasoning behind having them in board on the case. But.... this isnt typically homeland security involvement unless it was a serial killer, mass killing... like a school shooting not just two girls, or an immigrant was involved. I know what the papers have stated as to why they have them there. I was curious as to further thoughts on it.... since to me it seems unusual, even for a small town.

FBI is there. Small town is used to having slow internet--probably driving the FBI nuts.

From WTHR.com:

"Chasity was not on the trail with the girls Monday after noon, but other friends were. They talked about a man they saw.

"They said that they had said, 'Hi' and he, like, just brushed them off and kept going," Chasity said.

The teens said the man seemed out of place, though Chasity says that "could just be a rumor."

The children described the man wearing all black. Meanwhile, police continue their search for a man dressed differently. They circulated his photo Wednesday, saying he would have been on the trail at the same time as the girls."

Other friends were with the girls?

And they saw a man dressed in all black?

Where did the other friends go? When did they split up with Libby and Abby? Was it planned to all meet there, or did they meet in passing?

Is this rumour, chinese whispers between the local teens or did this really happen?

If this really happened then my initial thoughts just grew some feet.

I hope those DNA tests that they are running include familial DNA!

I can't tell you how many times my kids walk next to me this time of year and I'm bundled up like I'm heading to the tundra and my kids are in just clothes.....I know my kids have a different definition than I do of "cold outside"

That is so true! My thought was that POI was not a local person and had driven to Delphi from a colder area? Does anyone else see what looks like a brown money belt on his right pocket? It also looks like he is wearing a hunter's cap. imo

Speaking of deleting yourself...I found a lot of info about myself on this website and opted out. You may want to look yourself up on there:

http://www.familytreenow.com/optout

Oh yeah, I deleted myself off that one and several others a while ago. We can't scrub the internet of ourselves but I'll still delete what I can.

Speaking of Snapchat, does anyone recall when Kim Kardashian got robbed in Paris and her engagement ring was targeted because she was on Snapchat showing the ring off and telling the world she was in Paris? My point is, I agree with the poster upthread saying this person(s) didn't need to be "stalking" their social media - we broadcast our lives readily and daily. I never use that feature on SC that allows everyone else to see your location - I don't trust anyone though.

I'm not saying things that are new. I just don't have anything new to add. Sigh.

Where did the other friends go? When did they split up with Libby and Abby? Was it planned to all meet there, or did they meet in passing?

Is this rumour, chinese whispers between the local teens or did this really happen?

This was posted on the WTHR.com website and I keep checking for updates or clarification on this as I feel it could end up being very important.

My understanding is other kids from that area were there at different times that day but not with them. I read an article where one said they seen them and waved, I don't remember where I read that sorry.

BTW, I haven't seen any speculation that this could involve fellow students/other teenagers. As we know, kids are killing other kids more and more.

Has there been any mention of this possibility?

I mentioned it in the last thread I think. It could be possible. The statements of kids saying they were also there and saw a guy in all black is off. Maybe they did, maybe they're wrong about what he was wearing, maybe they aren't being truthful. I don't think LE would have served the search warrant though if they believed it was teens (unless a teen also lives there?).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is so true! My thought was that POI was not a local person and had driven to Delphi from a colder area? Does anyone else see what looks like a brown money belt on his right pocket? It also looks like he is wearing a hunter's cap. imo

I can't possibly look at those pics one more time...lol they are becoming one of those old art pics that if you let your eyes blur you see some completely different image lol

I mentioned it in the last thread I think. It could be possible. The statements of kids saying they were also there and saw a guy in all black is off. Maybe they did, maybe they're wrong about what he was wearing, maybe they aren't being truthful. I don't think LE would have served the search warrant though if they believed it was teens (unless a teen also lives there?).
I thought the search warrant was due to a tip and ended up being a dead end.

I thought the search warrant was due to a tip and ended up being a dead end.

Yes but isn't that awfully hasty unless they believed it had some serious merit? They've received hundreds of tips. If you served warrants for every one you'd be wasting your time. I still wonder if something might come out of it. Maybe the resident there was a match to who the kids said they saw. Again, maybe it is true, maybe it is planned to throw LE off.

As I was in my bathroom I started seeing faces on my floor tiles. I'm done with the pictures too. Going cray cray.

[video=twitter;832971380928954369]https://twitter.com/ClintErbacherTV/status/832971380928954369[/video]

Clint Erbacher ‏@ClintErbacherTV 31m31 minutes ago
Benefit ride for #CarrollCounty teenagers Abby & Libby starts at 1230, registration now open #Delphi #Indy @WTHRcom

Yes but isn't that awfully hasty unless they believed it had some serious merit? They've received hundreds of tips. If you served warrants for every one you'd be wasting your time. I still wonder if something might come out of it. Maybe the resident there was a match to who the kids said they saw. Again, maybe it is true, maybe it is planned to throw LE off.

I am wondering since this is small town and not many murders, if it was simple inexperience and trying to solve this fast. They got a lead and jumped on it. I think they said there will be a lot of searches that will probably be noting.

As an adult, but also as a public school teacher, I completely understand why the concept of the viewings being held at the school just feels "wrong" to some. In my opinion, bringing a large number (likely the whole town) of freshly grieving family, friends and strangers into the school for a viewing of two recently murdered students is unsettling with a capital U. We owe our children uplifting environments, or, at the very least, a "neutral" place to learn and focus on academics and music and sports. Not the presence of hearses and coffins and not to mention, an uncaptured killer. Sorry to be blunt, but it's all just way too macabre.

IMO, small discussions/school meetings should be happening now in order to support and guide these overloaded, mixed up kids. Now, it's about circling the wagons for a bit, with a memorial a little down the road where the kids can choose to contribute with stories of the girls, music tributes, etc.

Respectfully responding, JMO, but these type of events are very common today in schools. As a former teacher, now a sub, I think it is great for schools to host this because L and A are part of their school community. It is not different from when a church hosts a funeral or viewing; "bad" ppl are everywhere and go everywhere . Sheltering kids from these events can be more damaging by ignoring these crimes. Schools and families need to form an united front and most kids feel safe in their school and they want to promote a healthy grieving process. I am sure like most other schools they will have mental health professionals at the school for some time to connect with the students that need more assurance and guidance to get through this experience.

I have some questions for locals or anyone with knowledge of the area.

How far from the town of Delphi is the trail?

Is the trail strictly used for hiking, or do people use it walk from their home to work, or their home to town? In other words, is there any local foot traffic through the area other than people using the trail for recreation?

And what about the cemetery - is there generally any traffic through that area, or is it pretty remote and secluded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MLCS