IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 13, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
do you have a source for the footprints?

On a video, which I cannot locate, a person being interviewed described a searcher finding a set of footprints that he/she followed which led to the discovery of the girls' bodies. During the interview, the person also stated that the searcher could tell right away that there was foul play.

And only this in print:

<snip> Sources tell Call 6 Investigates that a set of footprints are what led volunteers to the area the bodies were found.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...-bodies-found-as-missing-carroll-county-teens

they will get the guy. it is going to take a few weeks but they will.

I totally agree with you on this!! I just hope it comes sooner than later and we aren't left wondering what happened like with Lizzy and Lyric. Such a heartbreaking case that is too.

That is a good idea.

Well, not a "good" idea, but you know what I mean.

I'm just thinking with what seems to be a tight timeline, the "dumping" or "rolling" of the bodies seems to fit best.

Of course, I could be way off. Just a working theory for the moment. jmo
the footprints could of been coming up from the river. They might of already been down there.

That is something I have been wondering about as well, how close together were they? I don't know how much it would really help us to know this info, but it's something that I keep coming back to and pondering about myself.

wouldn't the crime scene tape give some sort of an idea? In the video of the property owner, the tape looks like it encircles a larger area than I would have thought.

What if it was someone visiting the cemetery? There was a twitter link yesterday - something about rushing back to the scene. In the video in the distance where the cop cars were parking I thought I noticed a fresh grave. There looked to be an arrangement on a stand - red. Or someone who visits the cemetery frequently enough to know about that embankment? And this person hung out at the pick up point just surveying the scene - who knows - maybe drinking in their car. Saw an opportunity and seized it.
Just thinking out loud...

[video=twitter;832725301981483008]https://twitter.com/davidmacanally/status/832725301981483008[/video]
That's not a bad theory. Ya know, this cemetery has been mentioned over and over and for some reason I keep envisioning an old out of commission cemetery in the woods. What if this guy is a cemetery worker? Or as you said a visitor. I have to go back down the rabbit hole in a minute. The name of the homeowner on bicycle road also brought up an obit for 82 year old man from Delphi that died recently. Could be father or grandfather of the search warrant guy.hmmmm. only thing is, I didn't think looked too much like our bridge walker. Babbling. Be back soon

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I hope this hasn't been mentioned yet, but I'm not sure I've read every post.

Since there seem to be two different men being described by witnesses, is it possible that both were involved and that's why neither has come forward or been identified? I know it's a real long shot, but I have a different possible scenario. Maybe they had seen or heard something about the girls going there to hike. If they got there first, one of them could have been on each side of the bridge waiting. Since Libby liked taking pictures, they may have stopped along the way a few times to take some shots she liked. They may have taken the picture on the bridge and started to cross it, but saw the guy in the picture coming across from the other side.

She may have recorded him or snapped a few pictures while waiting for him to cross so they wouldn't have to meet in the middle somewhere. When he was almost across, the other guy could have come up behind them. If they got a little nervous about the situation, they might take off running toward the spot they were found. They'd really have few choices; they could stay where they were and hope it was safe, go on the bridge and meet up with the guy on there and hope to get past him, try to return the way they came by attempting to go around the guy behind them, or take off into the wild and hope they weren't followed.

I know this isn't very likely, but I hate to think that the girls were lured, had gone there to meet a boy/boys, or agreed to drink or use drugs. I'd like to believe these girls were as innocent as they appeared unless and until I hear otheriwise officially.

they will get the guy. it is going to take a few weeks but they will.
I believe they will to. I do believe the public could help in finding the killer if they allow them to. Someone has to know something. Seen something suspicious, weather it be him coming home with dirty clothes or leaving the trail fast, acting weird.

I hope it's not against the rules to ask a bit of an off topic question. As a newbie I noticed a few posters talk about what was going on "downstairs" What does that mean?

That's not a bad theory. Ya know, this cemetery has been mentioned over and over and for some reason I keep envisioning an old out of commission cemetery in the woods. What if this guy is a cemetery worker? Or as you said a visitor. I have to go back down the rabbit hole in a minute. The name of the homeowner on bicycle road also brought up an obit for 82 year old man from Delphi that died recently. Could be father or grandfather of the search warrant guy.hmmmm. only thing is, I didn't think looked too much like our bridge walker. Babbling. Be back

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Could the girls have seen the cemetery from the woods and then went over to check it out?

Ack. When I google it, the only hit I get is a Websleuth post without a link! Sorry.

I'll delete my post.

Don't delete it. I think it was mentioned in a video. Anybody remembers?

I'm pretty sure it's fact not rumor.

ETA: ah, I just see others have found it (still catching up, you guys are so fast!!)

well doing familial DNA on "suspicious" men led to the arrest of the jogger in NY...remember?

I hope it's not against the rules to ask a bit of an off topic question. As a newbie I noticed a few posters talk about what was going on "downstairs" What does that mean?

"Downstairs" refers to the scanner thread, which is only accessible to registered members. What is posted down there is not allowed to be repeated up here in the threads.

I'm stuck at the terrain from drop off to where they were found being mentioned as not easily traversed - especially in a short timeframe. Even with two perps. I think there was a vehicle involved and they got to their final destination down 300N. And I don't see someone doing this in a sporty coupe if you know what I mean. I think there was a truck or van involved.

Hmmm............. new highway connecting Lafayette to Toledo OH. The article is dated August 2015.

http://www.insideindianabusiness.com/story/29814955/hoosier-heartland-finish-line-in-sight

Another new highway connecting Lafayette to Fort Wayne. . The old route from Lafayette to Fort Wayne was taking the 418 past the long closed Grissom AFB.
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...o-fort-wayne-highway-nearly-complete/2753463/

I am still trying to figure out why an Iowa newspaper ran an article about a new Indiana highway. Could the perp (s) have used one of these highways as an escape route? Could he/they have helped build one or both of the roads?

Hmmm............. new highway connecting Lafayette to Toledo OH

http://www.insideindianabusiness.com/story/29814955/hoosier-heartland-finish-line-in-sight

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...o-fort-wayne-highway-nearly-complete/2753463/

m still trying to figure out wIhy an Iowa newspaper is running an article about a new Indiana highway.

Highway 80 runs east-west across the middle of the US, including Iowa to Indiana. It's a major trucking route. But I don't know why an IA paper would cover the new IN highway unless there's some IA business connection with the highway construction or something.

Are you referring to the Karina Vetrano case in Howard Beach NYC?

yes...I was replying to the DNA talk...and that is such as small community....I wonder if this has been discussed..In my small town of 4000, they were gonna do it when a12 yo went missing, but his grandfather confessed he killed him to coverup drug dealing and the boy said he was going to tell a
teacher....horiible

attachment.php

Some things from looking at this google earth shot-

The terrain is rough. it is a steep drop to the creek in a number of areas.

If he walked them there from the bridge. It had to be with some method of controlling them. The other thing that the creek area is from the line of sight from the bridge until you get to the second area. This is part of why I felt the perp may have taken them to 2nd area because I thought he may have walked them to a spot until he felt they were no longer visible from the bridge. The thing about this is how would he know how far he could go without coming to the back of another property and into view if he weren't at least vaguely familiar with the area.

I also looked at the cemetery and there does appear to be a an area in the SW corner of it that a car could park and be reasonably hidden. This could support the idea that they were taken from somewhere between the drop off area and bridge and driven to the cemetery.

Again, I'm not sure where they were found as I've seen two different spots referenced.

Attachments

• Logan overview.jpg
    Logan overview.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 1,075
attachment.php

Some things from looking at this google earth shot-

The terrain is rough. it is a steep drop to the creek in a number of areas.

If he walked them there from the bridge. It had to be with some method of controlling them. The other thing that the creek area is from the line of sight from the bridge until you get to the second area.

I also looked at the cemetery and there does appear to be a an area in the SW corner of it that a car could park and be reasonably hidden. This could support the idea that they were taken from somewhere between the drop off area and bridge and driven to the cemetery.

Again, I'm not sure where they were found as I've seen two different spots referenced.

The footprints that were mentioned, make me think there's a good chance they were found on one of the sandy areas of the bank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

yes...I was replying to the DNA talk...and that is such as small community....I wonder if this has been discussed..In my small town of 4000, they were gonna do it when a12 yo went missing, but his grandfather confessed he killed him to coverup drug dealing and the boy said he was going to tell a
teacher....horiible

Familial DNA was not used in the Karina Vetrano case. Its not legal in New York. They finally caught the guy following up on all Stop and Frisks in the area. They interviewed the guy and asked for a DNA swab and he agreed. It was brilliant police work that finally got him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ellllop