IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone should take a breath before the thread gets shut down.

I know we are all excited......BUT......the ONLY thing we can talk about regarding so-and-so is if law enforcement names him as a suspect or announces his arrest.........or announces he has been questioned and is not the guy.

If it's announced he was questioned and is not their guy, then I am thinking we most definitely can not sleuth him at that point.

I keep thinking, and have mentioned to friends, that I think the guy is quiet/reserved and normally very non-violent. Someone with social phobia (among other things) who almost never speaks to strangers. Based on his clothing (inappropriate for the weather) and walking along the side of the bridge rather than down the center, I think he may have some other odd quirks which make people somewhat uncomfortable around him. I keep seeing a family member laughing and saying, "Hey, that almost looks like you!" but never suspecting that it really is.

I wonder if the girls were taking pictures on the bridge, and videoed him coming across the bridge while they were out there. It looks like it was taken from quite a distance, and with him looking down, he may not have noticed that he was being recorded. After he reached the south end, they may have immediately started crossing to the north side.

Being the fun-loving girls they were, they may have been laughing and joking around as they crossed, and he could have assumed they were laughing at him. It may have been anger pent up from teasing all his life combined with being in a place with no witnesses that made him decide to assault them. The only problem (well, one of the only problems) is that he sounded so calm in the recording, and he would have most likely have just beat them right there rather than leading them to where they were found.

Just trying to come up with something different, and even more so, something that doesn't involve sexual assault. MOO

I don't think his clothing was inappropriate for the weather. It ranged from 35 to 42 degrees that day according to a historical weather website. It was unseasonably warm for this time of year but having 2 layers on (a hoodie & light jacket) would make perfect sense in my opinion. If he was out there for a couple of hours it might have been a bit colder but didn't get warm enough to feel the need to take of a 2nd layer. The hoody being up is kind of unusual for 42 degree weather but its not like it was hot outside. It was still pretty cool, just 10 degrees above freezing.

I would think that if LE had probable cause they would be able to obtain a search warrant for his home...I would also suspect if they had insufficient evidence to hold him, they would be watching him very closely. The following is JMO... I now think they definitely have the killer's dna from the scene of the crime... and they are investigating RSO's who were convicted prior to them having to submit a sample... this also makes me think the DNA they have didn't match anyone currently in the system.. again MOO
I agree with you on all fronts. This also leads me to believe the girls were sexually assaulted....IMO.

You know what has been horrifying for me? How many RSOs there are!! And those are the known offenders. It's like an infestation of cancer in our society.

And they all look the same, like if you cut them open pus would ooze out rather than blood. Bleach my brain and eyeballs now.

It is shocking how many there are. Did you know that RSO's are not allowed to have facebook pages? Well, everyone i have looked into over the years has had a fb page! They just change their names a bit. Granted i have looked into only 10-15 but still...

Do they know the why? Motive is key. I assume that most people assume it was a sexually motivated crime. Seems like he didn't have a lot of time with his victims though, and did not take them to a very secluded location (such as his vehicle, home, or abandoned building). Perhaps he wanted to assault one or both of the girls at another location, but got spooked off. Maybe he found it difficult to control both, or they fought too hard, so he just killed them and ran off.

I've wondered if he may have initially used handcuffs or zip ties to bind the girls to each other before he marched them 'down the hill'. This could explain why one didn't run off for help.

I go along with some of your thinking. IMO he did not intend to leave the victims in the vicinity. MOO, he wound up using Plan B. Those girls gave him a tough time. JMO that they ran, they screamed, they kicked, etc... He got scared and did what he did.

These girls, IMO, were originally not meant to be found. They did all the right things to help the next prospective victims, they just couldn't save themselves. I think this because of the video that was obtained and how it was obtained. We don't have the facts of how it was gotten, I'm not suggesting that, but, rather, the very fact that it was obtainable. We know at least one of the girls attended self defense classes. Additionally, the perp had so little time with them, apparently; that it makes me think he was thwarted.

In any case, the girls have been found and found quickly. This perp will be caught soon. The girls are heroes. Indeed, #Findhim.

Someone knows him. Time to get suspicious.

How do you reach out to the mods of the Liberty German & Abigail Williams threads? I think a brilliant idea would be with each new thread made with Liberty and Abby's information could feature a picture of Vanessa Smith and a few details of her case so that as we await more news for Liberty and Abby we can also be productive helping another cold case. I think it would be important to have the pic and info on victim (Vanessa for example) and a few sentences on her/his disappearance instead of continuing endless threads of comments repeatedly over Liberty and Abby. Let's do something for Vanessa Smith today! Anyone familiar with this case, know the area or perhaps remember this case? I hope that the mods can see this.

It is shocking how many there are. Did you know that RSO's are not allowed to have facebook pages? Well, everyone i have looked into over the years has had a fb page! They just change their names a bit. Granted i have looked into only 10-15 but still...

I didn't know that about FB pages. What I've seen this past few days certainly raises my eyebrows on that subject!

Any other places to park a car by the trails? Someone mentioned a storage store earlier.

This large building, I originally thought was a barn, is actually Delphi U-Store. It is located between the two trail heads for the Monon High Bridge on W 300 N road. A storage place would bring people in that transitory and would give someone a place to park nearby that would not seem out of the ordinary.
attachment.php

Interesting. I wonder if they've checked it out thoroughly. It's not uncommon for homeless people/people in transition to shelter in storage places.

How do you reach out to the mods of the Liberty German & Abigail Williams threads? I think a brilliant idea would be with each new thread made with Liberty and Abby's information could feature a picture of Vanessa Smith and a few details of her case so that as we await more news for Liberty and Abby we can also be productive helping another cold case. I think it would be important to have the pic and info on victim (Vanessa for example) and a few sentences on her/his disappearance instead of continuing endless threads of comments repeatedly over Liberty and Abby. Let's do something for Vanessa Smith today! Anyone familiar with this case, know the area or perhaps remember this case? I hope that the mods can see this.

One thing you can do is put a tagline in your signature along with a link so that every time you post, others see it. :) Just another suggestion.

I've been thinking about the girl who said she was there that day and only saw a guy when she first got there and another couple once she got on the bridge & that she'd even walked the bridge and back. According to the article she said she was on the bridge shortly after the pic of Abby was posted, which was at 2:07. I've read on here that the pics
of BG are thought to have been taken at 2:30. If all the times are correct, I'm trying to think how she could have missed seeing Abby & Libby around anywhere. Wondering, does
anyone else think this doesn't sound right? or can figure how it could be possible with the given time frame?

ETA: unless by shortly after she meant like around an hour after.

http://heavy.com/news/2017/02/libert...family-bridge/

Interesting...

This thread is dedicated to Abigail and Liberty's case.

There is a separate thread for Vanessa:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?213107-CA-Vanessa-Smith-15-Winton-31-May-1997

This is untrue. I believe it depends state to state. There is a big case in the Supreme Court this week regarding this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

General question: How long does it take to process DNA to check for a match? Are we looking at a day, several days, a week or more?

Terrible idea. People will without a doubt read some but not all of a post and get the cases mixed up. I'm here because I want to help solve this specific case. Not interested in other cases. This thread is for THIS case.

Anyone up for discussing shoes now?

First thought is ankle bracelet, but duh, if it was they'd have him, unless it was disabled some how...it's amazing how many preps cut these things off...

The guy in question has done a lot of shady stuff in his past and I can see why people would JUMP to the conclusion that he is automatically guilty but this whole "hes got the same body and wears hats" thing is getting way out of hand. This stuff just pours salt in the wound of that little town each and every time it happens. The facebook groups make it worse, IMO. One of those groups has administrators who use the group for some authority complex or something, it just takes away from the girls, I feel like. That's why this thread is so much better...it's well maintained and only facts can be presented and links must be included. I trust the validity of information on this thread more than others. Everyone is losing hope, I get that. It's been 2 weeks so every "lead" gets us all foaming at the mouth for closure. But we need to be realistic and let the LE do their job. I personally think this case will not go cold because of the amount of technology and resources the town has been given. It's just going to take time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay