IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have they recovered Liberty's phone? Is Abby's phone in their hands, or is the data recovered from data that was sent from her phone? BG might have dumped their phones in the creek thinking it would destroy the data. Data can be recovered from electronics that have been submerged in water. They tried to recover data from the boy's phone, that was found, after he was lost at sea. I don't think they found anything of help, but they did try.

I believe DNA is compromised much more in salt water.

I'm not really clear about the rules on this, but I'm going to take a chance on getting in trouble because it's so hard for me not to bring it up. I'm hoping that it'll be acceptable if I don't mention any name. Sorry if I'm wrong, and I'll gladly take the TO if I am.

I've been looking at a man from Indiana who is missing (hiding from the police). He was indicted for child molestation and LE has been looking for him since the end of January. He has a similar look to BG, is over 6' and over 200#, 40 years old and drives truck for a living. He has lived in at least 2 other states, but I haven't checked for similar unsolved cases in or near all of them yet. Is this something I can discuss on here, or should I just pursue it on my own? TIA

ETA: I forgot to mention that since he has been hiding from LE, he could be the "troll under the bridge."
This man is 6'3" tall. I do think he looks similar but when I saw his height...Also I would think he is on LEs radar, since two of us, and I'm guessing many others, found him.

JMO

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I'm still having a problem with the fact that footprints led them to the victims.

With all the searching that went on, there was likely hundreds of prints... so they must have been in an area that wasn't searched. I'm wondering if BG hid the bodies and that's why no one found them until they saw the footprints. MOOing.

Just a thought that came to me....maybe the footprints were deeper in the earth, as if he were carrying something.

Total speculation, not a fact. jmopinion

If this guy is local there may be pictures of him wearing the same blue jacket and camo hat with the tight curled bill. Anyone local should go through all of their FB pictures, their friends pictures, and their friends friends pictures looking for a match. Please and thanks!

I agree. I don't necessarily think someone is purposely not id'ing him (although it is possible). I just think it's exactly what another poster said, it's going to take an aha moment for someone... see a picture of someone they know or an acquaintance when it just clicks. That's my hope at least.

I really really really hope people are racking their brains.

All moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did they wade through the creek or not? That has always been a puzzle to me. The only alternative would be they had to go back over the bridge and around to arrive at where they were found (highly unlikely). How could one man who definitely is not dressed for running (especially, as some speculate, he may have his pants in disarray), control two, young healthy girls. All this is just thinking out loud, but how did their clothes get in the stream and why? If they were trying to run for it, how did he catch BOTH of them? I would imagine it was no easy task for this flasher/pervert.

Another interesting item I noticed early on (even before I saw the note from the photographer relating to their clothes found in the creek), if you watch the YT video of the helicopter flyover, nearer to the end is the searchers, dressed in red wading in the creek. If you look right above where they are wading, you can see clothing in the water.

These are just some thoughts and opinions (MOO), and I have to say, Agatha Christie couldn't have written a more complicated murder mystery! May they find him/them sooner, rather than later.

Can you please screenshot that or give us the timestamp on the video? I just reviewed it and could not see any clothing.

NO, they were just floating in the water, from what I saw. I saved the video (along with pics, etc., relating to this case) on my pc. The first job I ever had was working for a private detective, and it taught me to "pay attention to the smallest detail." I didn't know, at the time, what it was. But, I mentally noted something floating above the searchers. They may have recovered some of the clothing by that time, and that may have been what they were searching for (their clothing) MOO :thinking:

Have you got the youtube link handy? TIA!

MOO about this facebook link:
If he saw the clothing in the creek, then why did he not post a picture of it to substantiate his visual observation? Perhaps out of compassion to the families........but then why make the written observation at all?? This makes me think there is no picture and if there is no picture then his statement is perhaps.
He was probably told by LE not to.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Gray just released a new video

[video=youtube;sQX7h5itfqs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQX7h5itfqs[/video]

This video shows the "sleeve" that had been discussed and whether perhaps the abduction happened on the bridge. When he overlaps the photos on the bridge the "sleeve" is clearly out of place. IMO

Anyone brave and strong enough to peruse the Dark Web for fetishers involving 2 child victims...nevermind, that's too much to ssk. I wouldn't want any of you guys to see that stuff and risk your safety, etc. I know the FBI's internet crimes against children squad will be on this, best leave it to them, bless those guys.

Just wanted to introduce myself as a newbie here. I've always been interested in unsolved mysteries and was so glad to discover this site. I've been following threads almost since the murders occurred and finally decided to join. There has been some great discussion/insights discussed. This case has really shaken me. I'm not sure if it's because I have a daughter nearly the same age as Abby and Libby, and in the past I always figured if I left them off on their own there would be safety in numbers.

My thoughts aren't anything earth-shattering: He must have grabbed one of the girls and threatened her with a weapon to get both to go with him. BG looks like some kind of contractor (saw people dressed like him at Home Depot just yesterday) most likely in his 40s/50s. I can't get his voice out of my head. I would love to know what that object is you can see in his jeans.

I hike sometimes alone in the woods with my kids and this makes me wonder about my safety. Just got some pepper spray...have enjoyed the articles people have posted about the mindset of criminals and how I can make myself appear less vulnerable.

Maybe he is disfigured some how...missing a finger? Maybe there is a pic of it.

Interesting.

An hour ago I sent a tip to LE concerning a St Paul South MN violent sex offender who is wanted in WI and MN for recently raping a 11-year old girl and is also possibly connected to a disappearing of 2 young girls, 13 and 14 years old missing since Feb 28, 2017.

This man is 35 years old and could fit the Delphi killers appearance.

He is missing 2 fingers on his right hand !

Here a link to the 2 girls I mentioned who is missing:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...oix-Falls-28-Feb-2017&p=13199276#post13199276

I wonder where they recovered the phone if Liberty's clothes were in the water. Evidently the phone was not. Maybe she dropped it fighting. Maybe that is why he did not erase phone. He didn't know where it was and did not have time to look for it...

We do not know if Liberty's phone was recovered.

Did they wade through the creek or not? That has always been a puzzle to me. The only alternative would be they had to go back over the bridge and around to arrive at where they were found (highly unlikely). How could one man who definitely is not dressed for running (especially, as some speculate, he may have his pants in disarray), control two, young healthy girls. All this is just thinking out loud, but how did their clothes get in the stream and why? If they were trying to run for it, how did he catch BOTH of them? I would imagine it was no easy task for this flasher/pervert.

Another interesting item I noticed early on (even before I saw the note from the photographer relating to their clothes found in the creek), if you watch the YT video of the helicopter flyover, nearer to the end is the searchers, dressed in red wading in the creek. If you look right above where they are wading, you can see clothing in the water.

These are just some thoughts and opinions (MOO), and I have to say, Agatha Christie couldn't have written a more complicated murder mystery! May they find him/them sooner, rather than later.

I've watched the helicopter footage numerous times and have watched it again just now, I do not see any clothing in the water? I saw a on a couple of occasions what I think looks like water splashing over something like, rocks or branches on a shallow area of the creek bed. Could that be what you are seeing?

Interesting. I thought for sure we'd seen the same video. Maybe I didn't see what I thought I did.
It's the RTV6 Delphi helicopter footage. It's 35:48 minutes long, and the item I saw is at the 21:36 (right around there) marker.

Just wanted to introduce myself as a newbie here. I've always been interested in unsolved mysteries and was so glad to discover this site. I've been following threads almost since the murders occurred and finally decided to join. There has been some great discussion/insights discussed. This case has really shaken me. I'm not sure if it's because I have a daughter nearly the same age as Abby and Libby, and in the past I always figured if I left them off on their own there would be safety in numbers.

My thoughts aren't anything earth-shattering: He must have grabbed one of the girls and threatened her with a weapon to get both to go with him. BG looks like some kind of contractor (saw people dressed like him at Home Depot just yesterday) most likely in his 40s/50s. I can't get his voice out of my head. I would love to know what that object is you can see in his jeans.

I hike sometimes alone in the woods with my kids and this makes me wonder about my safety. Just got some pepper spray...have enjoyed the articles people have posted about the mindset of criminals and how I can make myself appear less vulnerable.

Welcome, DecemberBlue :wave:

:welcome2:

Remember everyone, pepper spray is no good if it's buried in your purse, etc. If you are walking etc it needs to be readily accessible with your finger practically on the button, imo.

Welcome to Websleuths!

:wagon:

I highly recommend reading the book "The Gift of Fear" by Gavin de Becker. It was a life-changing and empowering read for me years ago and I've been recommending it ever since.

I'm based in the UK, but I have been sharing this case on my 'other ' social media. I have a lot of friends in the US/canada and most of them hadn't heard of this case. BUT they have shared anything I have posted.
Maybe we should all take it on ourselves to share the poster released by LE as much as we can elsewhere and asked others to do the same.
I am sure a lot of us already do but you never know who might see it.
I just dont know what else to do to help.
Im not tech savvy unfortunately. Just heart breaks for these young ladies. :(

IMO

It's the RTV6 Delphi helicopter footage. It's 35:48 minutes long, and the item I saw is at the 21:36 (right around there) marker.

https://www.facebook.com/WRTV6/videos/10154523478509092/

2lbchg1.png

Screenshot at 21 min 36

I do not think that is clothing. I think it's a branch of tree in the water and water rushing over it. MOO

Regarding the trucker theory, I have been very suspect of what I see traveling thru the country with my rock n roll band. We are right behind these guys 24/8 and after the Killing Season this seems all too familiar. I'd like to think that most if these truckers are the true backbone of American industry, however I have noticed it to also be the most anonymous and easily ignored professional occupation and offers every opportunity to see the nastiest side of humanity as well. Along with truck stops, we often pull into Walmart parking lots and see many parked simi trucks and tractor trailers. A 24 hour Walmart may offer the most amount of anonymity then your average truck stops IMO. As most Walmarts are built on lots with natural habitats around them, especially throughout the south, parking your rig to obsuct being viewed on the parking lot cameras would be no big thing. I would love to see how hard it would be to obtain footage from the local Walmart in the area as it would most certainly be a place where people turn a blind eye to anything out of the ordinary. If the perp needed to change, wash up or buy supplies in the middle of the night this would be the place and I personally can attest to having more than one strange encounter in the middle of the night in Walmart parking lots. Just throwing this out there bc I believe this is often overlooked in tons of cases. Would anyone happen to know how far away the closest Walmart store would have been from the dump/kill site?

Thank you for sharing this.

One thing that bothers me about fhis case is the possibility that this perp used online resources, including SM, in the run-up to the crime. There's a possibiility he was able to use the internet anonymously, the possibility of which has beeb broughf up here in a previous thread.

So who offers free internet through WiFi? Many truck stops do. Bars. Restaurants. Etc. Now not only can people use free WiFi in these spots, people who want to use the internet at home, but with some form of anonymity, can use a VPN or other service, and either choose a provided IP address, or can provide their own.

Friends of mine in IT do this, it's eaay to do. Why do they do it? Some form of privacy, but also it's a safety measure, in a way.

Bad people try to hide online to surf the Dark Web, and to perpetrate awful crimes against people.

One example is "SWATing", or "SWATting". It started with gamers, and is a form of retaliation.

A phone call can be made with Skype. It can be difficult to trace Skype calls, and if the cases I've seen where Skype calls were used, most of the calls could not be traced. This activity came on to my radar about 6 years ago, when some people fingered the perpetraror of the Speedway Bombings after a series of SWATing incidents happen. BK hasn't been questioned or charged.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swatting

I find this stuff truly frightening. I'll bet every phone tip on this case will be scrutinized to see if it's BG, but it may be difficult to trace a call if he's using, say, Skype. Let your mind run wild with this one. Imagine all the creeps out there who are messing with LE on this case. All of fhe untraceable phone calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop