IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy to do it
I had totally forgotten about that! Thank you. I still would like to know if someone could help me out, I just won't feel comfortable blaming someone that could be innocent? You never know though. I saw a post a long time ago in thread #2 I think and someone said that if she didn't feel comfortable then one of the WS members would send the tip in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amp.theindychannel.com

By Jordan Fischer | Updated Feb. 15, 2017, 12:33 a.m. EST
Indiana conservation officer saves life of suicidal man alone in the woods

INDIANAPOLIS -- A distressed man called 911 Monday, saying he was attempting to take his own life in a heavily wooded area along the White River. That call was routed to an Indiana conservation officer, who found the man and saved his life.

Article Continues Below

The call came in around 3 p.m. that a possibly suicidal man was somewhere along the White River in Southwestway Park, along Mann Road on the far southwest side of Marion County.

The nearest person who could help was Indiana Conservation Officer Nick Wilson, who began searching the trails in the area on his ATV.

Dispatchers were able to provide Wilson, and IMPD officers who were also patrolling the area on foot, with only a broad search area from GPS information from the caller's phone.

Article Continues Below

According to the Department of Natural Resources, the caller was in-and-out of consciousness throughout the search. He eventually became lucid enough to tell dispatchers that he heard Wilson's ATV in the distance, allowing the officer to narrow his search and, ultimately, to find him.

Above: Indiana Conservation Officer Nick Wilson

Once he arrived once scene, Wilson saw that the man had cut himself deeply and was in serious distress.

"Once I arrived on scene, I knew that he was losing blood rapidly," Wilson said. "At that time I took out the tourniquet and applied it to his arm. I was able to stop the bleeding at that time."

Article Continues Below

It was 20 minutes before any other responders were able to make it to Wilson's location.

"During that 20 minutes I kept talking to the victim, calming him down, making sure he knew everything was going to be alright," Wilson said. "He wasn't able to talk to me, but I believe that he was able to listen to me, through head movements. I calmed him down as best as I could."

An Indiana State Police helicopter was used to direct EMS to Wilson's location. Once on scene, medics transported the man to IU Health Methodist Hospital in serious condition.

Wilson, who's been a conservation officer for five years, said the call was a first for him.

"I knew it was part of the job. I signed up for this knowing that one day I could get into this situation," he said. "But due to our training, our first responder training, I felt comfortable showing up on scene and helping him out."

I wonder could this of been Bridge Guy????

Yes, and if your zoom in, you'll see some weird smudging in the area of the alleged fanny pack or tail of the sweat shirt. Almost as if something was cloned out the imagen-
I can see what you are talking about also....

Last night something jumped out at me on the picture and I'm not sure if it's just me starting to see thing because of all the staring or if it's there. I have played with the photo to see if it's really there or not..
1fe336510c32304262a6f228f2b127d4.jpg

I'm not seeing his hand in this pocket but to his side grappling something.. is it me?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The item in his pocket now looks like a bottle of water to me. You are correct about his hand I think.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Happy to do it

Thank you, LE has stressed that no matter how insignificant people think a tip is to please call them! Anyone with information about this case, no matter how insignificant, is encouraged to call the Delphi Homicide Investigation Tip Line at (844) 459-5786.

The item in his pocket now looks like a bottle of water to me. You are correct about his hand I think.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

You are right and I think his hands are in his jeans pocket...There is no fanny pack because what are the chances of finding one that color...come on men don't match their fanny pack with their sweat shirt....Especially not this kind of man...

what is DOT

I emailed the Indiana State Police and suggested that they also (I did too) ask the DOT to email flyers to every DOT examiner. It is just such an easy way to ensure that if BG is a DOT licensed trucker, his examiner has a chance to see the pic and remember him. Shot in the dark, but at this point, not crazy.

I'd love to get your thoughts on this. There has been a lot of discussion about the 2 frames (pics) of BG from the video. And I believe a lot of us have assumed they may be back to back frames (meaning they are in sequence). I tend to think the 1st frame shows BG's hair. But a lot of people see a hat. A lot of sleuthers have mentioned they think the 2nd frame shows BG wearing a hoodie.

Here's my question…if they are in fact back to back frames from the video, how did the hoodie get on his head without his arms going up? I still think it's his hair we see in the 1st frame. If the hoodie is on his head in 2nd frame, then are frame(s) missing? :thinking:

MOO
I've thought about that many times.

One way to tell is the distance he's traveled between the frames or pictures. There doesn't seem to be much distance traveled if you use similar planks and background objects. It seems these images are within moments of each other.

Then I ask myself how fast can he reach his hand(s) up and remove his hoodie then put his hand(s) back down in a very similar position. Though, maybe he only uses his right arm? Doesn't seem possible to me based on the above.

Based on that, I think it's a hoodie in both stills.

All IMO MOO.

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

Early on in DeOrr's case I remember flyers being sent to a truckers' association. Does anyone recall the name of it?
Truckers Against Trafficking does a lot of communication about crimes against women and children. They have a Facebook page. However, I think they have been contacted already. In a much earlier thread, someone talked about contacting an administrator. The description of the group sounded like TAT, but the poster didn't specifically mention the name.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

<modsnip>

Question for you #1nana.

I have meaning to ask you for ages: When you visited the site, did you happen to notice if the creek was noisy?

Nice avatar pic BTW!

Anyone know which way the river flows? Is it possible one was shoved off the bridge?

Regarding Kik, it's not as anonymous as a predator might hope. It provided crucial information on another case I follow here in WS (Nicole Lovell).

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...pp-scrutinized-wake-va-teens-murder/79826224/
The information that can be obtained is extremely limited.
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/02/06/us/social-media-apps-anonymous-kik-crime.html

"Kik is the problem app of the moment,” said David Frattare, commander of the Ohio Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force, which includes hundreds of law enforcement agencies. “We tell parents about Kik, and to them it’s some earth-shattering news, and then it turns out it’s been on their kid’s phone for months and months. And as a law enforcement agency, the information that we can get from Kik is extremely limited.”

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Anyone know which way the river flows? Is it possible one was shoved off the bridge?
We know that they were found upstream, according to LE. We also know that they were a considerable distance from water's edge. It's unlikely either was pushed off, or he would have had to find and drag her to the final location.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Are we allowed to mention another pork/beef producer not in Delphi, but close by?

Regarding Kik, it's not as anonymous as a predator might hope. It provided crucial information on another case I follow here in WS (Nicole Lovell).

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...pp-scrutinized-wake-va-teens-murder/79826224/

A couple of threads back I brought up Skype. It's been used for crimes for quite a few years. There were and perhaps still are ways to mask identities with it, both for phone calls and 'online presence'. Nasty folks have used other peoples' phone numbers to make fake calls to 911.

The information that can be obtained is extremely limited.
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/02/06/us/social-media-apps-anonymous-kik-crime.html

"Kik is the problem app of the moment,&#8221; said David Frattare, commander of the Ohio Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force, which includes hundreds of law enforcement agencies. &#8220;We tell parents about Kik, and to them it&#8217;s some earth-shattering news, and then it turns out it&#8217;s been on their kid&#8217;s phone for months and months. And as a law enforcement agency, the information that we can get from Kik is extremely limited.&#8221;

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I don't know, I am standing by my original statement that it is not anonymous. All of the examples in the article were solved.

amp.theindychannel.com

Indiana conservation officer saves life of suicidal man alone in the woods

INDIANAPOLIS -- A distressed man called 911 Monday, saying he was attempting to take his own life in a heavily wooded area along the White River. That call was routed to an Indiana conservation officer, who found the man and saved his life.

Article Continues Below

The call came in around 3 p.m. that a possibly suicidal man was somewhere along the White River in Southwestway Park, along Mann Road on the far southwest side of Marion County.

The nearest person who could help was Indiana Conservation Officer Nick Wilson, who began searching the trails in the area on his ATV.

Dispatchers were able to provide Wilson, and IMPD officers who were also patrolling the area on foot, with only a broad search area from GPS information from the caller's phone.

Article Continues Below

According to the Department of Natural Resources, the caller was in-and-out of consciousness throughout the search. He eventually became lucid enough to tell dispatchers that he heard Wilson's ATV in the distance, allowing the officer to narrow his search and, ultimately, to find him.

Above: Indiana Conservation Officer Nick Wilson

Once he arrived once scene, Wilson saw that the man had cut himself deeply and was in serious distress.

"Once I arrived on scene, I knew that he was losing blood rapidly," Wilson said. "At that time I took out the tourniquet and applied it to his arm. I was able to stop the bleeding at that time."

Article Continues Below

It was 20 minutes before any other responders were able to make it to Wilson's location.

"During that 20 minutes I kept talking to the victim, calming him down, making sure he knew everything was going to be alright," Wilson said. "He wasn't able to talk to me, but I believe that he was able to listen to me, through head movements. I calmed him down as best as I could."

An Indiana State Police helicopter was used to direct EMS to Wilson's location. Once on scene, medics transported the man to IU Health Methodist Hospital in serious condition.

Wilson, who's been a conservation officer for five years, said the call was a first for him.

"I knew it was part of the job. I signed up for this knowing that one day I could get into this situation," he said. "But due to our training, our first responder training, I felt comfortable showing up on scene and helping him out."

I wonder could this of been Bridge Guy????

The call for help came in at 3pm on Monday, Feb 13th, before the girls had been known to be missing. Looks like Southwestaway Park is over an hour away from Delphi. So probably not BG.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...saves-life-of-suicidal-man-alone-in-the-woods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper