IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone asked about murder statistics showing relationship (if any) between killers and victims — I can’t find the post again, but think it was in the previous thread.

FBI statistics are available online, including “2013 Murder Circumstances by relationship” (NB: *relationship is that of victim to offender)

Total victims: 12,253

Relationship is “unknown” for 5,572 of these (which probably indicates murders that have not been solved)

Of the remaining 6,681 victims:

1,281 — the murderer was a stranger

That leaves 5,400 murders in which there was some known relationship between victim and killer.

The FBI stats provide a breakdown of the various known relationship categories / subcategories as well as circumstances (rape, burglary, gangland killing etc )

Link to FBI page for above: https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/offenses-known-to-law-enforcement/expanded-homicide/expanded_homicide_data_table_10_murder_circumstances_by_relationship_2013.xls

Thanks for sharing this. I am wondering in this large pool of murder case, serial murders would have a very different stats. I would believe victims do not know SK. Maybe some SK has stalk some victims but the relationship would usually be very shallow if not one way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been thinking about that from the first time that I saw the photo of Abbie! I would not have been able to identify her as the same girl in any of the other photos that I have seen of her. It's not only that she is possibly older and matured... she just doesn't look like the same child! This has really bothered me because I realize that BG may look very different than his photos.

Yes! BG may not have brown hair. He may be bald or have a long blond ponytail. I'm sure alot of people have just seen billboards or something on the news and have no idea he is said to have a hoodie or hat on. It's difficult to try to disregard what looks like brown hair and I think that's why he has yet to be identified.

For some reason, I was under the impression that CSX had given the Bridge to the city, county, or someone, together with $27,000 or $37,000 to help restore it. And the other entity was trying to raise the rest of the restoration money. I will try to figure out why I think that. If that is true, somebody needs to insure that bridge before someone gets injured on it, just saying.

Not sure if this has been cleared up yet. Re-posting my old post:

Help save the historic Monon Bridge

Mister Broken Record here, LOL ( I know);

"the entire project will cost around $300,000"
"CSX has agreed to donate the bridge and $37,000"
They have applied for a 150k grant from DNR

If that reward is never claimed I wonder if it's possible to donate it to create an Abby and Libby Memorial Walkway.
There has been a heavy effort to save the bridge.

Maybe someone down there will win the lottery and donate a fraction of it to Libby and Abby's memory. "Take back our trails" !

Question: Does LE have some advantage by not revealing if they have DNA from the perp(s) or not? It seems like such a basic question (either they do, or they don't) that could be put to rest.

If they don't have DNA then there is certainly an advantage in letting the killer think that they do have DNA. It puts pressure on the killer.

Someone who is innocent is unlikely to object to providing a swab. How someone reacts to being asked to provide a swab can in itself provide LE with a clue.

So, yes, not revealing your hand when playing poker can be a good idea.

Would anyone be able/willing to gather all or most of the variations of BG's photo? I want to print a bunch to hand out and hang this weekend on a road trip. Maybe others would also benefit from having a few of them handy. It would also be smart for everyone to possibly have the photo in your phone somewhere to reference in the case you may be that person. Also, IMO the reward $ could be a huge incentive to a large population of people who may not even be familiar with this case. Thank you in advance. God Bless and goodnight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Honestly I would only distribute what is published by LE at this time, and that's 2 photos.That's all, what we really have. Everything else can be confusing. Great idea to hand out fliers though! All IMO

-Nin

I have been thinking about that from the first time that I saw the photo of Abbie! I would not have been able to identify her as the same girl in any of the other photos that I have seen of her. It's not only that she is possibly older and matured... she just doesn't look like the same child! This has really bothered me because I realize that BG may look very different than his photos.
I agree... That pic is so unclear its hard to see much of anything other than his clothes.

I've been reading and watching on several other sites, etc. There was a BG pic posted that's been "sharpened" up quite a bit. I'm curious if I can post it here or is that against TOS? It's the same pic we all know, but I can see a definite facial profile, etc. In fact it's so good from what I've been seeing it's almost like the guy is much more slim than I first thought. Can I?

Can someone answer a question for me? This bothers me and I hope it hasn't been covered already.
What was the delay on identifying these two young girls? Couldn't the parents have identified them? What did LE mean when he said the autopsies helped identify them? Were they bludgeoned beyond recognition or burned?
Very strange.
I hope some one has an answer.
Thank you.

It's more about confirming ID from a legal point of view, not about figuring out if it is them. It was them. The Medical Examiner's report is a legal document. Preliminary ID is by clothing description, etc but confirming it is by autopsy.

:cow:

I just wanted to say thank you to whoever it was that posted the link to the story on the Rogers case - it took me awhile to go back to find the link to read it, so not going back now to find it again. Call me lazy! ;) I had a chance to read it today while snowed in on the east coast. It was well written and called this case to mind on several levels. Definitely recommended reading for a "break" from these threads.

I do have the link because I copied it for reading but won't take credit. Thanks again whoever you are!

http://reprints.longform.org/angels-demons

It's clear to me that the Sheriff is NOT referencing the photo & audio as the "twist" in this case as some here have theorized.

He's talking about something else.

Exactly why the FBI were brought in so early and those cops looked so shaken at the original press conference. I feel strongly that there is a "signature" to this crime. Sadly, I feel more and more that this will not be solved.

Hardly a day passes that I don't think of Angie Housman, a case from my area, that has went unsolved for almost 25 years now. I would like to think that I will not be thinking about this case 25 years from now.

Released yesterday, in case you missed it:

[video=youtube;cHpzjx51h5A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHpzjx51h5A[/video]

-Nin

I've been reading and watching on several other sites, etc. There was a BG pic posted that's been "sharpened" up quite a bit. I'm curious if I can post it here or is that against TOS? It's the same pic we all know, but I can see a definite facial profile, etc. In fact it's so good from what I've been seeing it's almost like the guy is much more slim than I first thought. Can I?

Just click on the red triangle and send the pic to a mod to ask, might take them a while to get back to you but can't hurt to ask

If it's from Main Stream Media or an LE source Sure. AFAIK that is the rule.
MOO

Edit

The problem is the 5,572 murders where we simply don't know whether victim and killer did or did not know each other. It's impossible to say what's lurking in those 5,572 cases.

I suspect (MOO) that it's more difficult to solve cases in which there was no relationship, so strangers might be over-represented in those 5,572. However -- impossible to say what's lurking in those 5,572 cases.

It can be said that it is approx. 5/1 in cases which have been solved.

EDIT: this was a reply to post #421 by ab01 re crime stats: "so what I take away from this is apox a 5/1 ratio? For every 1 person that was murdered by a stranger 5 people were murdered by someone they knew? just speculating here and not sure i am reading it right but that's what i see?"

The problem is the 5,572 murders where we simply don't know whether victim and killer did or did not know each other. It's impossible to say what's lurking in those 5,572 cases.

I suspect (MOO) that it's more difficult to solve cases in which there was no relationship, so strangers might be over-represented in those 5,572. However -- impossible to say what's lurking in those 5,572 cases.

It can be said that it is approx. 5/1 in cases which have been solved.

The murder cases here did not single out SK cases. Victims usually did not know SK. SK cases are very different from one time killer. And BG could be a SK.

New to WS and I admit I have not read through all the threads but is anyone familiar with fishing around deer creek? I just read about this sad case today and stared at the suspects photo. It is so hard to make out, but he looks like he is wearing a fishing jacket with a pack on the side, camo hat, fishing/hiking boots. It looks like something large/rectangle in his pocket, but that could just be from the photo. A fisherman would have a knife with them I assume. I see this a a regular fisherman hunter. Maybe with a police/military background. They said someone who is off work, but I imagine this guy is someone retired or maybe works freelance or is self employed so no one was missing him from work. Just my first impressions.

Would anyone be able/willing to gather all or most of the variations of BG's photo? I want to print a bunch to hand out and hang this weekend on a road trip. Maybe others would also benefit from having a few of them handy. It would also be smart for everyone to possibly have the photo in your phone somewhere to reference in the case you may be that person to see him. (It is NOT unrealistic). Also, IMO the reward $ could be a huge incentive to a large population of people who may not even be familiar with this case. We can possibly be the ones who find him... Thank you in advance. God Bless and goodnight.

I hope you can post it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads