IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The raildroad have a ladder to climb to the road?

There are 6 platforms, which used to have guard rails. Most of the guard rails have weathered away, have disappeared, or have been somehow landed in a horizontal position. Here is a picture from the'80s of the active bridge with tracks still on:

attachment.php

Source:
https://www.indianalandmarks.org/

-Nin

Attachments

• indiana poi bridge3.jpg
    indiana poi bridge3.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 655
<modsnip>

One more step down this rabbit hole- there didn't have to be any direct cat fishing going on that day between BG / accomplice and Libby. Just looking at her Snapchat would have provided most of the information. Most teens don't even blink at adding new followers on most social media. Idk I wish they'd have another PC soon
IMO only

The problem is the 5,572 murders where we simply don't know whether victim and killer did or did not know each other. It's impossible to say what's lurking in those 5,572 cases.

I suspect (MOO) that it's more difficult to solve cases in which there was no relationship, so strangers might be over-represented in those 5,572. However -- impossible to say what's lurking in those 5,572 cases.

It can be said that it is approx. 5/1 in cases which have been solved.

EDIT: this was a reply to post #421 by ab01 re crime stats: "so what I take away from this is apox a 5/1 ratio? For every 1 person that was murdered by a stranger 5 people were murdered by someone they knew? just speculating here and not sure i am reading it right but that's what i see?"

thx ya i tried to clearify in my next post but you said what i was trying to mean...thank you for responding

I can'T help but wonder if he convinced them he was a security guard or a officer and gained their trust somehow and that's why they went down the hill with him. Especially if they went willingly without screaming or fighting.. He could've made up some elaborate story and they went with him to help him or something. Maybe the recording happened as they were going down the hill and the girls realized it was a lure and became alarmed. Jus my thoughts.

New to WS and I admit I have not read through all the threads but is anyone familiar with fishing around deer creek? I just read about this sad case today and stared at the suspects photo. It is so hard to make out, but he looks like he is wearing a fishing jacket with a pack on the side, camo hat, fishing/hiking boots. It looks like something large/rectangle in his pocket, but that could just be from the photo. A fisherman would have a knife with them I assume. I see this a a regular fisherman hunter. Maybe with a police/military background. They said someone who is off work, but I imagine this guy is someone retired or maybe works freelance or is self employed so no one was missing him from work. Just my first impressions.

Welcome to Websleuths!

:welcome:

There are 6 platforms, which used to have guard rails. Most of the guard rails have weathered away, have disappeared, or have been somehow landed in a horizontal position. Here is a picture from the'80s of the active bridge with tracks still on:

attachment.php

Source:
https://www.indianalandmarks.org/

-Nin
That´s a picture from the side where girls walked or the another side?

So sad there hasn't been an arrest yet!! [emoji53]

I can'T help but wonder if he convinced them he was a security guard or a officer and gained their trust somehow and that's why they went down the hill with him. Especially if they went willingly without screaming or fighting.. He could've made up some elaborate story and they went with him to help him or something. Maybe the recording happened as they were going down the hill and the girls realized it was a lure and became alarmed. Jus my thoughts.

I imagine him to be straightforward and few word. I don't think he try to act polite or nice or anything. There is nobody there, he thinks he is already under full control of the situation. He just be himself at that point and ordered "down the hill" in a very chilly, emotionless voice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm making a correction to my post #298 from earlier in this thread. It was a discussion of who owns the parcels that comprise the Monon High Bridge Trail.

This statement is incorrect: "The wooden posts that appear at the southeast end of the bridge in several pics I've seen are on CSX property right-of-way (which continues about 1000 ft further before ownership changes to a private person.)"

I should have said: The wooden posts that appear at the end of the railroad tracks shown in photos actually mark the END of the CSX property right-of-way that runs approx. 1100 ft from the middle of the bridge to those posts. Therefore, on the other side of those wooden posts immediately begin a parcel owned by a private individual. Sorry for the misinformation.
Thank you for all your detailed information and help , Nonna Gigi.

Greatly appreciated !

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

My apologies for leaving this here but has websleuths gone through an overhaul in the last few hours-I can't access anything and my format has entirely changed. Again-my apologies for leaving this here but I can't access troubleshooting.

Try a different browser?
Everything looks the same on my end.

I live in a small town in Indiana. 1 police officer. He would recognize a local and probably quite a few others who frequent our town. He might not know their name, but he would definitely know their face. I have always thought it was a local all this time, but started thinking tonight that maybe I'm not so sure now. Even if you have never been in trouble with the law, LE, in small towns, try to make themselves familiar with everyone. That makes their job so much easier. My BIL is in LE and he worked in Indianapolis and he tried to familiarize himself with everyone in his district/area.

I have seen speculation that the white we see in bridge guy neck area is a shopping bag, rope, or goggles. Is it possible it is a bandana or scarf or gaitor(for skiing or for wearing tomorrow if you live in NY)?
If so, something like that could be pulled up quickly to help hide his face.

<modsnip>

I thought it looked similar and nearly the same to her, but more mature. A lot of people put thought into what they look like and what they are wearing for social media posts. I thought the bridge pic looked artsy and cool. So much of Instagram is driven by photography. Just an insight to social media. Some people like to put thought into it.

(I'm not a teenager and I even think about if I'm having a good hair day if I want to post an Instagram of me and my dog.)

I wondered that at first, but then I began thinking of other sCenarios.

Since locals don't recognize him, he's a transient. Concerned people should mail, fax, or scan the reward poster to as many homeless shelters and soup kitchens as they can.

I just wanted to say thank you to whoever it was that posted the link to the story on the Rogers case - it took me awhile to go back to find the link to read it, so not going back now to find it again. Call me lazy! ;) I had a chance to read it today while snowed in on the east coast. It was well written and called this case to mind on several levels. Definitely recommended reading for a "break" from these threads.

I do have the link because I copied it for reading but won't take credit. Thanks again whoever you are!

http://reprints.longform.org/angels-demons

Several of us re-posted that article (because it was so amazing!), but I believe the first to bring it to this forum was Wondergirl. It is an emotional story. Lots of parallels to this case. Heartbreaking.

In addition to re-posting that article, I re-posted a podcast by Jerri Williams, an ex FBI agent turned crime writer. It's an interview Eddie Freyer, the head FBI agent in charge of Polly Klaas abduction murder. (I'm sorry, but I don't recall who posted the reference to the podcasts.)

Polly Klaas age 12 was abducted from her California home on Oct. 1, 1993. Her assailant was not apprehended until 6 months later after an exhaustive, highly publicized investigation. He led authorities to her body after the arrest. Huge media coverage. Large reward. Massive amount of tips called in. (Sound familiar?) He was convicted of the crime and is still on death row in California, going through appeals.

http://www.podbean.com/media/share/dir-h783z-2235b85
http://www.podbean.com/media/share/dir-bzxrx-2256958

This is a 2-part report, each podcast runs about 1.25 hrs. Very interesting. Very detailed info about the investigation. I think the emotions of the LEO's as described by FBI agent Freyer during this investigation probably are very similar to what LE is experiencing here now. I highly recommend giving this a listen.

I just wanted to say thank you to whoever it was that posted the link to the story on the Rogers case - it took me awhile to go back to find the link to read it, so not going back now to find it again. Call me lazy! ;) I had a chance to read it today while snowed in on the east coast. It was well written and called this case to mind on several levels. Definitely recommended reading for a "break" from these threads.

I do have the link because I copied it for reading but won't take credit. Thanks again whoever you are!

http://reprints.longform.org/angels-demons

Thank you for doing this! Very kind of you.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

Thank you FreeRoad and Otto, my Husband did something (he's not quite sure what) but either way it's all good again.

Are there any clubs that men from Delphi and surrounding areas meet up in nearby like a gun club, pool tournament etc?

In the Jessica Heeringa case the suspect attended a Magic the gathering card game tournament before he is believed to have abducted and killed Jessica from the gas station she worked at close by.

I think a guy is more likely to recognise BG than a woman unless he has harassed women/teens in the past. He possibly doesn't have many interactions with females in his life out with immediate family.

It would be good for police to get his photo up and hand out leaflets where men meet up in bars and gun clubs etc and see if it produces any leads. He might not live in Delphi but he may know the area because he gone to a club there over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imdoey